Dutch TV abroad

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Gesloten
Arthur

Dutch TV abroad

Bericht door Arthur » wo okt 08, 2003 3:43 pm

On Ajax-USA Manilla asked a question about how he can watch Dutch TV from abroad. I told him he should ask here because this question was answered when this forum was still called Ajaxmania.
He put his question in a Dutch thread and since I can't move it myself I'll just copy it here:
Hey there I am a new user although I am involved in other Ajax forums around. I would like to ask Dutch residents if it is possible to buy the Dutch TV decoder card from abroad and how. I am refering to the card having the following channels: NED 1, NED 2, NED 3, RTL 5, SBS 6 and C+Blue and C+Red.

I have already spoken with Arthur and I would like to take the opportunity to thank him for his help so far.

I live in Malta.
Does anyone here have an answer?

bryan

Bericht door bryan » wo okt 08, 2003 6:30 pm

The Dutch channels are on Astra at 19 degrees.

Here you can see how big your dish needs to be in Malta to get good reception.

These are the channels you can get. The red ones are scrambled and the yellow ones are free.

To get the standard Dutch channels Ned 1,2,3, RTL etc, you need a decoder box and a card. There is no subscription price for these channels, just a yearly fee.

If you want to get Canal+ you need to get a different card, and you pay a monthly subscription fee.

All the above services are available only to Dutch addresses. So you'd have to get the card via somebody in Holland. The hardware can be bought anywhere. As you can see on one of the links, you'd need a "Irdeto MediaGuard 2" compatible decoder box to work the cards.

manila

Bericht door manila » wo okt 08, 2003 9:02 pm

Thank you guys for your help...

By the way do you know if it possible to buy the card online through the Internet ?

Thanks

mr_cooper

Bericht door mr_cooper » ma okt 13, 2003 10:08 am

does somebody know if there is a website that i can see in some of ajax games live? there was in the past.
here in israel i can watch ajax only in CL.
or maybe you know a site that i can listen there to the games, maybe a radio site. it will be good too

thanks

Drecul

Bericht door Drecul » ma okt 13, 2003 10:32 am

Mr_cooper at the top of this page you'll see live radio. Go there and choose radio 1 there will be the live commentary of the match ( and every other match of the HCE). The only dissadvantage is it will be in Dutch, I hope this will not be a problem for you.

regards,

Drecul

mr_cooper

Bericht door mr_cooper » ma okt 13, 2003 10:42 am

they have all of the games in the hce together? and what about ajax in CL?

Drecul

Bericht door Drecul » ma okt 13, 2003 11:00 am

Say on an average sunday when all the clubs are playing they will switch between games. So they will comment 2 a 3 minutes per game and in case someone scores they will switch immediatly.

I'm not sure about CL games, but I thought you could see those?

mr_cooper

Bericht door mr_cooper » ma okt 13, 2003 5:38 pm

in the sports channels here we can watch 4 CL games in a round. not always they put ajax on the screen.

mister

Bericht door mister » zo okt 26, 2003 3:57 pm

Hey bryan check your private message....

Dr. Living Stoned
Founding Father

Bericht door Dr. Living Stoned » ma okt 27, 2003 9:16 pm

The CL-coverage is on radio 1 as well.
I'M NOT A COMPLETE IDIOT!
...some parts are missing

Gesloten