Ajax Trivia

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Philippe
Contacteer:

Ajax Trivia

Bericht door Philippe » di aug 10, 2004 9:38 am

did Ajax ever get 3 goals against (or more) in the last 10 minutes ?

Marco
AT EC 2004 winner

Bericht door Marco » di aug 10, 2004 7:54 pm

I guess not. Finally Cow has a record...:nooo:

cdnajaxfan

Re: Ajax worst ten last minutes ever ?

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » ma feb 07, 2005 6:02 pm

The worst last 10 minutes that I can remember actually happened in "extended injuury time" when Milan beat us in the Champions League when we were going through on Away Goals rule when time had really actually expired.

It doesn't get any worse when you are standing up to celebrate only to find out that the ref let the other team undeservedly (is that a word?) go through to the Semi Finals. I almost threw my monitor out the window at that moment.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma feb 07, 2005 6:54 pm

philippe schreef:did Ajax ever get 3 goals against (or more) in the last 10 minutes ?
Yes, they did. Very recently, actually:
http://www.ajax-usa.com/matches/m04-05/ ... y-2-4.html

Well, okay, so one of them was in the 4th minute of extra time. But then again: taking a 2-1 lead in the 79th and then concede goals in 85', 89' and 94'... Comes very close.

Another famous example was Heerenveen - Ajax in 1950: Ajax were 1-5 up twenty minutes before the end, but ended up losing 6-5... Read about it here:
http://www.ajax-usa.com/teams/heerenveen.html

By the way: this thread can serve as the good old Ajax Trivia thread from now on. Sorry Philippe, I'm changing the title of your thread again. No offense; just keeping things 'centralized' and organized.

K.
Still alive...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di feb 08, 2005 10:16 am

Kowalczyk schreef:
philippe schreef:did Ajax ever get 3 goals against (or more) in the last 10 minutes ?
Yes, they did. Very recently, actually:
http://www.ajax-usa.com/matches/m04-05/ ... y-2-4.html

Well, okay, so one of them was in the 4th minute of extra time. But then again: taking a 2-1 lead in the 79th and then concede goals in 85', 89' and 94'... Comes very close.
K.
that's not big news : If you look at the date of the original post, that’s precisely just after that Utrecht- Ajax game.
But the other example is very interesting : so I guess the answer was yes, back in 1950 ...

LucaS

Bericht door LucaS » di feb 08, 2005 10:20 am

I think in 1983 Ajax gave away a 0-3 lead against Haarlem in the last 10 minutes to draw 3-3...
I think I lost my fucking headache

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di feb 08, 2005 2:43 pm

There is one record that I think Koeman’s Ajax broke this season : losing by 0 – 4 in an European competition.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di feb 08, 2005 2:51 pm

philippe schreef:There is one record that I think Koeman’s Ajax broke this season : losing by 0 – 4 in an European competition.
Ha! No!

In 1979 beat Omonia Nicosia from Cyprus by 10-0 in Amsterdam. They did f#ck all in the return leg - and humiliated themselves by losing 4-0 in Cyprus.

One year later (in 1980) we lost by the score of 5-1... also at Bayern München.

For the record: the largest defeat Ajax ever suffered was on 21 June 1930. Ajax were the best team in Holland at the time and they thought that it was about time to play a friendly against one of the best football teams around in those years: Rapid Vienna. Ajax thought they were ready for it, but errr, no, not really: 16-2. :D

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Season Ticket design

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do mar 24, 2005 11:14 am

For the first time the new Ajax season ticket will be designed by the fans. It was a design contest, started by Ajax.nl a few months ago. They received many designs from supporters (long live Photoshop!). The jury consisted of several Ajax officials, players and supporters.

The winner was Dennis de Bekker, who will get his new season ticket for free, plus a year's subscription to Ajax Magazine. He used the image of the Greek warrior Ajax in combination with famous former players: Piet Keizer, Dick Schoenaker and Johan Cruyff on three different types of 'normal' season tickets (depending on the stand) and Marco van Basten for the season tickets that are also an 'away card'.

Check the pictures on Ajax.nl. I think it's quite nice.

http://www.ajax.nl/show/id=1322/contentid=39675

K.
Still alive...

LucaS

Bericht door LucaS » do mar 24, 2005 11:17 am

so Ajax is going to issue a seasons ticket with the 'old' logo on it...
I think I lost my fucking headache

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do mar 24, 2005 11:24 am

Lucas schreef:so Ajax is going to issue a seasons ticket with the 'old' logo on it...
Well... Not really, actually.

The picture is a picture of a sculpture of the old warrior Ajax (a 3D photo, if you wish). Both the old and the new club logos are 2D versions of it, the difference being that the old logo is a 'classic' drawing, the new logo a graphic, 'modern' drawing. A sculpture of the greek warrior Ajax is neither the old nor the new logo, I would say, because it served as the 'model' for both logos...

K.
Still alive...

carcajou

Re: Season Ticket design

Bericht door carcajou » do mar 24, 2005 2:31 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:long live Photoshop!
K.
I'd suggest The Gimp, which is free and open-source ;)

</computer geek>

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » za mar 26, 2005 1:11 pm

Those designs are quite cool - I wonder if they'll do a T-Shirt.
:eusa_pray:

Next step, give the fans a say in the shirt design - a lot of teams in England have done this recently and you tend to get good "traditional" designs not like some of the horror shows from recent away kits (97/98 springs to mind).
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Record broken...

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr apr 08, 2005 10:49 pm

An old Ajax record was broken tonight...

FC Eindhoven (not PSV but the second club from Eindhoven, playing in the First Division) were 5-0 up after 22 minutes against Veendam tonight (final score: 7-2). They thereby broke Ajax's ten year old record: 5-0 up after 24 minutes, at home against Willem II (final score: 7-0). That game was - believe it or not - played on 09 April 1995, which means that the record was broken on the night before its 10th anniversary.

Oh well, congrats, Eindhoven. Good for you. :xyxthumbs:

K.
Still alive...

beelzebub

Bericht door beelzebub » vr apr 08, 2005 10:56 pm

There goes our second positive record after the one for Gomes/Zoetebier or did I miss one? :D

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Re: Record broken...

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma apr 11, 2005 7:45 am

Kowalczyk schreef:An old Ajax record was broken tonight...

FC Eindhoven (not PSV but the second club from Eindhoven, playing in the First Division) were 5-0 up after 22 minutes against Veendam tonight (final score: 7-2). They thereby broke Ajax's ten year old record: 5-0 up after 24 minutes, at home against Willem II (final score: 7-0). That game was - believe it or not - played on 09 April 1995, which means that the record was broken on the night before its 10th anniversary.

Oh well, congrats, Eindhoven. Good for you. :xyxthumbs:
What a relief! We did not lose that record...

... because it turns out we did not hold it in the first place. :D

Seriously: Voetbal International points out that VVV from Venlo demolished DS '79 (the club that later turned into FC Dordrecht) by the score of 8-3. In that game they were 5-0 up after no more than 14 minutes. So, VVV held (and still hold) the record.

K.
Still alive...

Site Admin
Contacteer:

Bericht door 666 » ma apr 11, 2005 8:21 am

So it's time we do grab a hold of that record! I think next weeks match against F-word would be the right time.

--

Many years ago I saw Ajax beat F-word in the Olympic Stadium. Final score 4-1, with Ajax scoring 3 goals in the final 8 minutes. If my calculations are correct (and they always are), that's 5 goals in 13.33333333333333333333333333333 minutes.

That record is ours!
Laatst gewijzigd door 666 op ma apr 11, 2005 9:16 am, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
Sign your name on
the dotted line:

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma apr 11, 2005 8:37 am

666 schreef:So it's time we do grab a hold of that record! I think next weeks match against F-word would be the right time.
Yeah... I wouldn't mind scoring five goals in the first thirteen minutes. What a great idea.

Does anyone have any objections? If not I suggest we do it. :yes:

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di mei 03, 2005 7:05 am

Great full-page ad from ABN AMRO in the Dutch newspapers last week...

"ABN AMRO wishes to congratulate PSV on temporarily holding the championship shield in trust."

:D

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Ajax: #1 talent developers!

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr mei 06, 2005 7:27 am

This is from Ajax Netwerk...

Research in Italy (don't know who did it) has shown that Ajax are the #1 'talent developers' in Europe. They counted the numbers of players in the top divisions of the leagues in Italy, Spain, England, Germany, France and The Netherlands. Ajax developed 46 of the players that currently play in those leagues. Real Madrid developed 43 and Barcelona 38.

I would love to know some more details about this, but this what Ajax Netwerk reports...

K.
Still alive...

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Re: Ajax: #1 talent developers!

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » vr mei 06, 2005 9:28 am

Kowalczyk schreef:This is from Ajax Netwerk...

Ajax developed 46 of the players that currently play in those leagues. Real Madrid developed 43 and Barcelona 38.

K.
But majority of those 43 and 38 players is still in Real and Barcelona... and our players are everywhere- except Ajax X'C

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » ma mei 23, 2005 11:48 am

Yesterday the annual prestigious Cloggie awards were held for the very first time at the spacious Rose’s Cantina in Amsterdam. The list of attendees for this event was as awe inspiring as one would expect for an event of this magnitude. Player of the Year and Talent of the Year will in years to come fall into insignificance when compared to winning a Cloggie.
The compares steering the group through the formal part of the evening were Pizza 5 and Over Pasanen’s Head.
The awards were split into 10 sections with the Cloggie being awarded for the person who has added most to our group over the last season.
I must say that the committee found it very difficult to decide on the winners in each group as all the nominations were of the highest calibre.
The individual awards were as follows:

1.The person most likely to ………….. Scratch His Nuts at The ArenA (an award sponsored by Van der Wanker Scratching Posts for Cats and Dogs)
The nominations were:
· The person in Vak 416 Rij 20 Stool 29
· The Vigo Transvestite
· Micha
The Winner was Micha for his dedication to duty at the De Graafschap Game.

2.The person most likely to …………. Suffer from losing things (an award sponsored by somebody or other – unfortunately I lost the piece of paper that had the name written on it)
The nominations were:
· Ronald Koeman for plainly losing the plot
· Ko for losing his wallet containing season tickets
· Dave Battram’s Dad for losing his ticket in Turin in a matter of seconds
The Winner was Dave Battram’s dad.

3.The person most likely to be ……………. decorating (an award sponsored by Dulux Paints)
The nominations were:
· Baggy for his dedication in trying to reduce the size of his flat by the number of layers of paint he has painted on his walls.
· The Vigo Transvestite for the amount of slap on his face
· Ronald Koeman because he now has f**k – all else to do with his time.
And the Winner was Baggy.

4.The person most likely to ……….. have made the biggest mistake
The nominations were:
· Bertrand for purchasing a season card and then being unable to attend
· Van Eijden for letting Zlatan go rather than his Royal Highness
· Ko for having Rosales 7 on the back of his jersey.
And the Winner was Ko.

5.The person most likely to ………. fall asleep (an award sponsored by GetaGoodNightsKip.com)
The nominations were:
· Anybody who has attended an Ajax home game this season
· Anybody reading a Sir Alex Ferguson rant on the website
· Andy for well just being Andy
And the Winner was Andy for falling asleep anytime and anywhere.

6.The person most likely to …………… foster a good relationship with foreigners.
The nominations were:
· Uncle Festa for his linguistic prowess.
· The F-Side crowd at the Bayern Munich CL away game in attempting a meeting of minds with the local constabulary
· Jock Cloggie for dancing the night away with Sonia and making the earth move for everybody
And the Winner was Mr Lover-Lover aka Jock Cloggie himself.

7.The person most likely to …………… put comb and hair gel manufacturers out of business (an award sponsored by our very own Uncle Festa)
The nominations were:
· Uncle Festa himself
· Dave Battram
· Big John
This one was a very close shave, but Dave Battram was the winner by a neck.

8.The person most likely to ……………… have clocked up the most air-miles (an Award sponsored by Hawaiian Tropic Sun Tan Lotion)
The nominations were:
· Jock Cloggie commuting from Edingburgh
· Dennis Bergkamp on CL duty for Arsenal
· Midzy for all the holidays he has had this season
And the winner was Midzy.

9.The person most likely to ……………….. have eaten all of the pies and burgers and etc during the season (an award sponsored by Slimfast Slimming Aides)
The nominations were:
· Pizza 5 for being unable to walk past a burger outlet without going in
· Over Pasanen’s Head for munching his way through anything that is remotely like seafood
· Big John for his dedication in the amount of work that he has put into becoming Big John.
And the Winner was Big John

10.The person most likely to ……………. say a lot without anybody understanding him
The nominations were:
· Ray for talking so fast
· Over Pasanen’s Head for always talking so fast plus always talking a lot of bo****ks
· Carcajou for umff umff umfff umff
And the Winner was Carcajou

The above were followed by an award that any self-respecting fan should have as an ambition to win sometime during their lifetime service to AFC Ajax.
This was none other than the Cloggie, an awesome trophy that would look at home on anybodies trophy cabinet or alternatively gathering dust under the bed or in the loft.
After much deliberation the Cloggie Committee decided in their infinite wisdom to award this trophy to Jock Cloggie. The reasoning behind this decision was that by his antics at the Munich Beer Festival and by disappearing from his hotel bedroom during the night he had given the group the perfect excuse to constantly take the p*ss out of him for the remainder of the season.

Congratulations to all our winners and bo***ks to all the loses – they will just have to try harder next year.

I believe that the intention is for this event to be really imbedded into the Ajax season and as such members of the committee will be out on the road looking for worthwhile nominations to be included in next years event. So if you have ambitions to win this awesome trophy then be ready to go through hell as this isn’t something that you can just put your mind to in the last few weeks of the season.
My personal thanks goes to my operations team, Pizza 5, for all his hard work in sourcing the individual medals and awesome trophy. Hopefully, photographs of this event will be available soon on the website.
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » ma mei 23, 2005 8:17 pm

Over Pasanens Head schreef: 2.The person most likely to …………. Suffer from losing things (an award sponsored by somebody or other – unfortunately I lost the piece of paper that had the name written on it)
The nominations were:
· Ronald Koeman for plainly losing the plot
· Ko for losing his wallet containing season tickets
· Dave Battram’s Dad for losing his ticket in Turin in a matter of seconds
The Winner was Dave Battram’s dad.
I should at east have been nominated for this one.... And The Leader can testify....
meh :|

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma mei 23, 2005 8:29 pm

Over Pasanens Head schreef:4.The person most likely to ……….. have made the biggest mistake
The nominations were:
· Bertrand for purchasing a season card and then being unable to attend
· Van Eijden for letting Zlatan go rather than his Royal Highness
· Ko for having Rosales 7 on the back of his jersey.
And the Winner was Ko.
Yes, yes, yes! The medal for Biggest Fuck-up Of The Season is around my neck. I am wearing it with pride (just like my Rosales jersey, for that matter!). I want to thank the organization compadres and jury for this absolutely fantastic event. Thank God the press didn't find out about the venue for the gala, so we were left in peace.

I also want to apologize for my crap speech. Emotions, you know. The moment was just too overwhelming. I want to thank God the Almighty (and his family), my fans, my beloved parents (this is the point where I start crying), Mauro Rosales, Ronald Koeman for f#cking off just in time and last but not least my Ajax mates: Over Pasanen's Head, Pizza 5, Baggy, AFCA Madnezz, Midz, Dave B. & His Tribe, Big John, Jock Cloggie, Carcajou (a.ka. Frog Cloggie), Ray the Pubmaster and Jamcocteau & His New Jocks On The Block for tagging along. Without you the season would have been even worse. Thanks for another year, folks. Ajax once again did everything that is humanly possible to ruin it for us, but they did not succeed. Which sums it all up, really. I mean: even fucking Munich was fun. See you in July or August!

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do mei 26, 2005 12:41 pm

Take a look at these pictures:
http://www.ajax.nl/show/id=1322/contentid=41817

You know why you should take a look at them? Because it's the last we'll see of our 'heroes' this season. This morning the last training of the season took place at the ArenA training pitches. The summer break has totally and 100% officially started now.

First training of the new season: Monday 04 July.

I will try to take some sort of a summer break as well. For example by spending less time posting to this forum. I know I'm the moderator, so I will keep an eye on things every once in a while, but you won't see as much of me over here in the upcoming weeks (hopefully).

K.
Still alive...

Plaats reactie