CL : the direct elimination miracle effect

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Gesloten
Philippe
Contacteer:

CL : the direct elimination miracle effect

Bericht door Philippe » wo apr 07, 2004 8:46 am

Whereas the previous CL format was especially designed for the benefit of a few too wealthy clubs, the current direct elimination makes victory possible for clubs that do not own 30 international players or so. :redcard:
For this reason, I am quite satisfied with the elimination of clubs like Real Madrid. :D
Sport over business. :worshippy:

By the way, this means of course that a good Ajax can win the CL trophy again ;)

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » wo apr 07, 2004 4:44 pm

Call me a dreamer but I still think we had a very good chance of winning the champions cup last season. I don't believe the new format wil offer too many new chances for us although when playing less matches luck will play a bigger role and teams might need less players.

However, it will also mean that we will earn less cash. For a dutch club money made with CL matches are a much higher %-age of annual budget then english or italian.

All we can do is continue to be AJAX, our time will come again.

So in my opinion this whole new format thing is 'lead around old iron' if you know what I mean.

By the way; my tip for this year's winner is FC Porto. Excellent strong team, good mentality and good technique.

Gesloten