Frenkie de Jong

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Plaats reactie
Orange14

Frenkie de Jong

Bericht door Orange14 » do okt 04, 2018 12:39 pm

New thread on our midfielder/defender. Here is an interesting analysis comparing de Jong to Beckenbauer: https://www.theringer.com/soccer/2018/9 ... centerback I'm not sure I fully agree with this.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Re: Frenkie de Jong

Bericht door SPL » do okt 04, 2018 1:46 pm

A question I will ask the Ajax fans on Sunday ,how good do they think Frenkie is!

PSG Real will both offer 80m but de Ligt must then be worth 100m!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do okt 04, 2018 1:52 pm

SPL schreef:A question I will ask the Ajax fans on Sunday ,how good do they think Frenkie is!

PSG Real will both offer 80m but de Ligt must then be worth 100m!
Good idea!! To me he is the same type of player as Andrea Pirlo. The big question is how good is he with the ball against difficult competition. Pirlo even in his 30s was hardly ever dispossessed and new how to shield the ball when he was being tightly marked. I'm not sure that de Jong is at that stage yet. I agree with you about the price tag for de Ligt. Too bad Ajax can't keep players of this quality for more than a couple of years.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » vr dec 07, 2018 1:14 pm

Enjoy it while you can...... an interview with FdJ:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... are_btn_tw
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » wo apr 24, 2019 12:46 am

Frenkie de Jong has it's own topic, but Donny van de Beek doesn't??

Afbeelding

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » di mei 07, 2019 1:15 pm

Jasper Cillessen en Frenkie de Jong did a Barcelona city quiz:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlpIVtk-atU

Amol

Bericht door Amol » di mei 07, 2019 10:59 pm

Frenkie now doesn't have any problems with facing his new Barca teammates in the final.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo mei 08, 2019 2:18 pm

I wonder if de Jong regrets signing for Barca? Maybe de Light decides not to go there because the club relies too much on Messi.

zeux

Bericht door zeux » wo mei 08, 2019 4:12 pm

Orange14 schreef:I wonder if de Jong regrets signing for Barca? Maybe de Light decides not to go there because the club relies too much on Messi.
It is possible they will keep Messi and restructure the team around him (including the coach?).

The demasque of the team yesterday was astounding. Totally clueless, hoping for one 'magic moment' of Messi only.
"Mensen worden door vraagtekens aan het denken gezet, niet door uitroeptekens." J.L. Heldring

Amol

Bericht door Amol » wo mei 08, 2019 6:15 pm

zeux schreef:
Orange14 schreef:I wonder if de Jong regrets signing for Barca? Maybe de Light decides not to go there because the club relies too much on Messi.
It is possible they will keep Messi and restructure the team around him (including the coach?).

The demasque of the team yesterday was astounding. Totally clueless, hoping for one 'magic moment' of Messi only.
I was thinking of the same thing - that De Ligt might have second thoughts about joining Barca this year. They have to rebuild that team.

They looked absolutely clueless yesterday. This is how I summarized what I saw yesterday -
Plan A: Pass to Messi and hope for the best
Plan B: Pass to Messi faster and hope for the best

Amol

Bericht door Amol » vr mei 31, 2019 4:58 pm

Frenkie created this amazing goodbye message on his instagram account - https://twitter.com/TheEuropeanLad/stat ... 0799562752

His message under the video -
From the first day I came here I felt at home, due to the sweet people that work at the club. I enjoyed about how people think about football here, and the way it should be played.

The quality of the players and staff with who I could play and work together was fantastic. Everyday I came to this club with joy and for that I want to thank everyone that is involved with Ajax. Fans, you were amazing!

During the European nights there was a great atmosphere that I will not forget quickly. This season we conquered Europe, won the cup, and the 34th league title.

I am super proud to have played for this fantastic club. AFC Ajax, thank you!

I really like this kid and he has a great head on his shoulders. I just hope he comes back when he's 28/29.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » za jun 01, 2019 8:41 am

Amol schreef:Frenkie created this amazing goodbye message on his instagram account - https://twitter.com/TheEuropeanLad/stat ... 0799562752

Yes it's a very nice one. :biggthumpup.gif:
If not already sold he probably would have wanted to stay at Ajax for another year. :blush.gif:

Here also an interview with Frenkie about suddenly playing without a referee.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » di jun 04, 2019 11:49 am

Frenkie de Jong is giving his top 4 football legends in the history of the game.

He picked Andrès Iniesta and three Dutch guys:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoO8LF5dlAY

Plaats reactie