Matthijs de Ligt

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Re: Matthijs de Ligt

Bericht door Cruijff » za jun 08, 2019 3:19 pm

Orange14 schreef:LOL!!!! I just hope he does not go to PSG.

Probably not.
Ajax is a much nicer club and also a better team than the money grabbing PSG's, Chelsea's, Man City's etc.
In case of playing for Manchester City then you as a 19 year old have to teach team mates like Otamendi how to defend.

City and PSG has bought players for over 5 times Dušan Tadić his transfer fee who can not play football at all. :smallgrin.gif:

And it seems pretty obvious you did not really believe me, right?? :smile-ajax.gif:
Because just one day before playing the UEFA Nations League final would be a very weird moment to sign a foreign contract. :P

Tomorrow evening will be the 4th match between C. Ronaldo and De Ligt, by the way. Ronaldo did not win one of those. De Ligt with his teams has a 6-2 goal advantage (but Cristiano scored both the goals Oranje/Ajax has conceeded with headers)

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » za jun 08, 2019 4:53 pm

Phew! I saw 'Juventus' and my heart sank. No matter where he winds up, playing Italian football would be such a career mistake -- better to quit football altogether and become a shoemaker.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » za jun 08, 2019 5:09 pm

rjf1 schreef:Phew! I saw 'Juventus' and my heart sank. No matter where he winds up,
:biggrin.gif: :biggrin.gif:
So I succeeded in giving you a very quick moment of a 'heart freece'. :smallgrin.gif:

I also remember Orange14 posted he had a soft spot for Juventus :confused.gif: :confused.gif: I am very curious if he can explain --apart from having a lot of league titles-- these cheaters should be seen as a beautiful club??? :confused.gif:

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za jun 08, 2019 6:15 pm

I just saw that Raiola's transfer ban has been suspended so he is free to get the highest price for de Ligt. Maybe he can go to ManCity as it is clear that John Stones cannot play football. I think he probably wants to go to Barcelona but I don't know if they can meet the price. Barcelona have a lot of older and not so good players right now. Staying at Ajax is still the best choice, but what do i know?
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » za jun 08, 2019 6:44 pm

Orange14 schreef:I just saw that Raiola's transfer ban has been suspended so he is free to get the highest price for de Ligt. Maybe he can go to ManCity as it is clear that John Stones cannot play football.

Why should a young talented guy go to a club where some guys just can not defend or not even can play football?
It would be very unnaturel that a 19 year old player from a foreign country has to come and teach them how to play, but in this case that will be reality.......

.......I will repeat myself by saying that if a manager wants to go for maximum money, he should not bring De Ligt away this summer. At a new club he will sign a 5 or 6 years contract and then it will take years until you can earn your next fee.
By getting a better contract from Marc Overmars you can negotiate a good amount of money and then make the transfer in another season. Also in 2020 after the Euros 2020 with Oranje his market value will be higher so leaving Ajax already in 2019 is not the maximum you can reach if you only relate it to money.

And when not going only for money there are plenty of good reasons why a guy would prefer to play for the famous Ajax of Amsterdam.
Check this out by clicking this link and then stop the video a couple times exactly at 4.38, 4.39 and 4.40 minutes, Matthijs de Ligt is literally getting tears in his eyes when celebrating his Juventus goal with the Ajax supporters.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za jun 08, 2019 7:46 pm

Remember that the transfer fee is amortized over the contract period in accounting. If de Ligt signs a 6 year contract for 80 million Euros, the team writes of 13 million a year, not the entire amount. It all gets a bit complicated.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » za jun 08, 2019 8:22 pm

Orange14 schreef:Remember that the transfer fee is amortized over the contract period in accounting. If de Ligt signs a 6 year contract for 80 million Euros, the team writes of 13 million a year, not the entire amount. It all gets a bit complicated.
The whole transfer market is just a financial scheme, some sort of pyramid system that some day will collaps.
I would advise you not to take any of the rumours or the numbers serious. Just click on that video that I did post, that's way more fun.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo jun 09, 2019 12:04 am

If UEFA really enforced financial fair play things would be more fair. The fact that English teams get not television money than the Ajax operating budget of bad. It is funny how most of them end up wasting money buying bad players.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo jun 09, 2019 12:42 pm

How does PSG operate inside FFP?? Seems Matthijs wants Barca but he has picked Raiola as agent and he is greedier than any other agent and his demands are pricing Barca out.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » zo jun 09, 2019 1:04 pm

SPL schreef:How does PSG operate inside FFP?? Seems Matthijs wants Barca but he has picked Raiola

Uhhhh???? :confused.gif:
How many times does Matthijs de Ligt have to repeat himself before you quit saying "he wants Barca".
In several media he said at least 7 or 8 times that he never had a dream club abroad. The dream was always Ajax.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo jun 09, 2019 1:53 pm

Sorry Cruijff.Press always say his first choice if he leaves Ajax is Barca.I hope he stays another year as you say his first love is Ajax.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » zo jun 09, 2019 1:58 pm

SPL schreef:Sorry Cruijff.Press always say his first choice if he leaves Ajax is Barca.
So when the press say things, they are true? :drecul.gif: :drecul.gif:
Let's hope you don't buy daily copies of The Sun, AS, Marca, Mundo Deportivo etc. etc. cause then you are wasting your time pretty hard. :biggrin.gif:

Every real great player in Dutch football history did win at least two (or many more) league titles in Holland.
De Ligt and Ronald Koeman have a very good connection and Koeman prefers young players to stay in the Eredivisie a few years longer.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo jun 09, 2019 3:41 pm

As our "great" President (in his own words of course) says, 'Fake News!'.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » zo jun 09, 2019 3:51 pm

Orange14 schreef:As our "great" President (in his own words of course) says, 'Fake News!'.

Would be fun if The Donald would be invited at the Ajax trainings ground as his son likes European football, according to many sources.
And then we just let him wait for 7 or 8 hours without a tea or a coffee and at the end only the assistent coach of the Ajax Under 13's will show up to shake his hand :smile-ajax.gif:

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo jun 09, 2019 5:06 pm

Papers always make up rumors I dont think they have a clue where he is going. He should of course stay here.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » za jun 15, 2019 4:22 pm

Looks like this thread needs to be closed. As de Ligt is no longer an Ajax player, he is a Paris Saint-Germain defender.

https://soccerlink.fr/2019/06/13/non-cl ... -1912.html

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za jun 15, 2019 5:47 pm

I'm waiting until this is official. Keje Molenaar, the father of de Ligt's girlfriend, said that the pair are on holiday and no decision on a transfer would be made until they return. Maybe he does end up at PSG but I so despise that club that I will never watch him play unless it's against Ajax.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » za jun 15, 2019 6:28 pm

Orange14 schreef:I'm waiting until this is official. Keje Molenaar, the father of de Ligt's girlfriend, said that the pair are on holiday and no decision on a transfer would be made until they return. Maybe he does end up at PSG but I so despise that club that I will never watch him play unless it's against Ajax.
There is a recent image of Mino Raiola with Leonardo. The problem is Mino Raiola! Because of him, this is a done deal.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za jun 15, 2019 7:28 pm

Ayman schreef:
Orange14 schreef:I'm waiting until this is official. Keje Molenaar, the father of de Ligt's girlfriend, said that the pair are on holiday and no decision on a transfer would be made until they return. Maybe he does end up at PSG but I so despise that club that I will never watch him play unless it's against Ajax.
There is a recent image of Mino Raiola with Leonardo. The problem is Mino Raiola! Because of him, this is a done deal.
When Ajax announce it, I'll believe it!!!! :drecul.gif:

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » za jun 15, 2019 7:46 pm

Orange14 schreef:
Ayman schreef:
When Ajax announce it, I'll believe it!!!! :drecul.gif:
It's rather obvious isn't it? The writing is on the wall.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo jun 16, 2019 11:56 am

All rumours are made up. On Friday over here it was reported his girlfriend and her mum were in Paris house hunting.He must have 2 girlfriends because he and his real girlfriend are somewhere in the sun ie Med or West Indies not Paris.

Someone I know ,who worked for the Sun here ,said nearly all transfer rumours come from the agents looking to get more money .All this PSG rubbish is made up by Raiola to get Barca to pay more money.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » zo jun 16, 2019 1:00 pm

SPL schreef:All rumours are made up. On Friday over here it was reported his girlfriend and her mum were in Paris house hunting.He must have 2 girlfriends because he and his real girlfriend are somewhere in the sun ie Med or West Indies not Paris.

Someone I know ,who worked for the Sun here ,said nearly all transfer rumours come from the agents looking to get more money .All this PSG rubbish is made up by Raiola to get Barca to pay more money.
So how does that explain Leonardo, recently appointed, met with Raiola? There is a picture of them both, it's on Twitter.

raymon
Site Admin & AT WC 2014 winner, Toto winner 16/17
Contacteer:

Bericht door raymon » zo jun 16, 2019 1:10 pm

Ayman schreef:
SPL schreef:All rumours are made up. On Friday over here it was reported his girlfriend and her mum were in Paris house hunting.He must have 2 girlfriends because he and his real girlfriend are somewhere in the sun ie Med or West Indies not Paris.

So how does that explain Leonardo, recently appointed, met with Raiola? There is a picture of them both, it's on Twitter.
Raiola has many clients and no doubt he's talking to PSG about De Ligt as well. That doesn't mean they've signed him already.
"De waarheid is een geheel van maatschappelijk geaccepteerde leugens"

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » zo jun 16, 2019 1:11 pm

raymon schreef:
Ayman schreef:

Raiola has many clients and no doubt he's talking to PSG about De Ligt as well. That doesn't mean they've signed him already.

But you agree that de Ligt will no longer play at Ajax next season, no matter where he goes?

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo jun 16, 2019 1:14 pm

Ayman schreef: But you agree that de Ligt will no longer play at Ajax next season, no matter where he goes?
Both Cruijff and I believe that de Ligt will again be the captain of Ajax next season (of course we both might be delusional!!!). :smile-ajax.gif:

EDIT: It's funny that stories today say Raiola is in Turin talking with Pavel Nedved about both Pogba and de Ligt moving to Juventus. This is why we need to wait until something is officially signed!!! I don't think Juve can afford both players.

Plaats reactie