Abdelhak Nouri

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SPL

Re: Abdelhak Nouri

Bericht door SPL » za jul 15, 2017 10:55 am

Actually last night thousands were in Geuzenveld where he lives and all the players.Everyone intergrated together, all religions, races, ages, genders just all mixed together showing their love and grief.Beautiful pictures on Ajaxshowtime but oh so sad.

Arthur

Bericht door Arthur » za jul 15, 2017 11:51 am

There was even someone in a Feyenoord kit showing their support.

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » za jul 15, 2017 1:26 pm

:ajax.gif: :ajax.gif: :ajax.gif:

Just looked at the Nouri incident again, on Youtube, (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX-hP-IBNac )and it appears that no oxygen was administered for well over 2 minutes, in fact, the one medic actually wanted to used oxygen and moved away while the defibrillator was used...sorry, but the medical care seems to have NOT been good enough, especially for 2 teams of this calibre. Perhaps this is the lesson to learned from this incident...treat every game as a first class fixture, for the health and safety of the players!!

:ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif:
34 will always be with us

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za jul 15, 2017 2:34 pm

Feyenoord playing this afternoon with Nouri's picture on their chests with stay strong Appie and no 34 shirts with Nouri on their backs. Great to see from our greatest rivals.

Suddenly all the hate has gone and just grief by all fans of all Dutch teams

Arthur

Bericht door Arthur » za jul 15, 2017 3:04 pm

saddlerian schreef::ajax.gif: :ajax.gif: :ajax.gif:

Just looked at the Nouri incident again, on Youtube, (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX-hP-IBNac )and it appears that no oxygen was administered for well over 2 minutes, in fact, the one medic actually wanted to used oxygen and moved away while the defibrillator was used...sorry, but the medical care seems to have NOT been good enough, especially for 2 teams of this calibre. Perhaps this is the lesson to learned from this incident...treat every game as a first class fixture, for the health and safety of the players!!

From what I understand there was enough oxygen in his lungs, but his heart was unable to get it to his brain and the rest of his body. So giving him extra oxygen wouldn't have helped at all.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za jul 15, 2017 3:28 pm

Arthur schreef:
saddlerian schreef::ajax.gif: :ajax.gif: :ajax.gif:

From what I understand there was enough oxygen in his lungs, but his heart was unable to get it to his brain and the rest of his body. So giving him extra oxygen wouldn't have helped at all.
We don't know and may never know what the reason for the brain damage was. The most appropriate "conjecture" is an embolism that blocked the blood flow to the brain. All the oxygen in the world would not have helped if this were the case. All we can do is call this a tragedy of the highest magnitude.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » za jul 15, 2017 5:04 pm

The worst thing about this, is that back in 2013, when an Ajax fan suffered serious head injuries after falling from the stand during his team’s 2-1 Champions League victory over Barcelona, we hardly heard about what happened after, till this day, nobody knows what his condition is like. There was no hashtag regarding his well being, he ended up being just another statistic in the eyes of the masses. Very sad

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za jul 22, 2017 8:43 pm

Ajax announce the shirt numbers today and still include no 34 for Appie. Lovely touch ,still cannot believe what has happened.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » ma jul 31, 2017 12:42 am

Ayman schreef:The worst thing about this, is that back in 2013, when an Ajax fan suffered serious head injuries after falling from the stand during his team’s 2-1 Champions League victory over Barcelona, we hardly heard about what happened after, till this day, nobody knows what his condition is like. There was no hashtag regarding his well being, he ended up being just another statistic in the eyes of the masses. Very sad
That guy is ok.
The head injury looked very heavy because a lot of blood was involved, but he has recovered well. During the process of recovery the family asked for privacy so that's why name and contact details were kept private.

Just before Danny Hoesen scored 2-0 that were very scary images on one of our best football evenings with Barcelona getting crushed by a great Daley Blind, a fantastic Boilesen (until he got injured) and Viktor Fischer full of energy making you forget we did play with 10 instead of 11 after Veltman's red.

Full of panic an annoying Amsterdam girl is shouting loud when the medical support arrives. I appeal for strong conditions for yes or no letting women into football stadiums.
Ajax - Barcelona (Nov 26, 2013) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVQTVwBA9to

King Litti

Bericht door King Litti » do aug 03, 2017 1:29 pm

Singing is a hobby of mine and for a couple of years I've been doing these a cappella covers using a looper pedal. The Nouri tragedy made me want to try to cover the song Three Little Birds even though the excruciating fact is that everything is not going to be alright. It wasn't the easiest of songs to cover with a looper, but I thought you guys might be interested in checking it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1kDz9JIMWo
"We're on a mission from God."

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do aug 03, 2017 7:36 pm

Enjoyed it,well its different, but as you say everything is not gonna be alright.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do sep 07, 2017 11:49 am

Ajaxshowtime has an interview today with Ronald de Boer on Appie ,lovely words from Ronald. Never has a day gone by without me thinking of what has happened to this lad.Last week v VVV I enjoyed watching Donny and Frenkie,and although I did not mention it on post I still during that game found myself saying Appie should be there.

I make no apologies but I am still so very sad and realise it will dominate me all season.

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » do sep 07, 2017 1:44 pm

I'm not sure if this is of any use to anyone here or not but, SubsideSports are selling our away shirt with the Nouri 34 letter/number;

http://www.subsidesports.com/uk/team/er ... ining-wear

there's the link if anyone's interested

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do sep 21, 2017 12:17 pm

A year ago today Appie made his debut v Willem in the Cup and scored with a lovely free kick.Ajaxshowtime showing a clip of that .

Hardest thing is watching Donny and Frenkie playing together and knowing some one is missing.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma okt 23, 2017 6:53 pm

Official announcement today that Appie's situation is unchanged, in hospital breathing unaided but still brain dead and not likely to change. I still think about him every day and especially on match days.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » vr dec 15, 2017 9:36 pm

After talking quite long with older brother Abderrahim Nouri and many other people who were involved quite a long The Guardian has written quite a long article about Abdelhak Nouri.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... CMP=twt_gu

Afbeelding

Click on the image for a better frame of the picture.

After talking quite long with older brother Abderrahim Nouri and many other people who were involved quite a long The Guardian has written quite a long article about Abdelhak Nouri.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... CMP=twt_gu

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za dec 16, 2017 2:36 pm

@Cruijff - thanks for posting the nice piece from The Guardian. It's always going to be bittersweet when we think of Nouri and what was not to be. I will always remember the Beker match away to Kozzaken Boys. Bosz started a number of Jong Ajax players that day and Nouri had a fine match. At the end of the match lots of young supporters came onto the pitch and took selfies with Appie who, as I wrote following the match, looked like he would stay on the pitch and miss the team bus back to Amsterdam.

Things happen in life for no apparent reason and we just have to reflect on what was and what might have been.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » zo dec 17, 2017 4:47 am

Orange14 schreef:@Cruijff - thanks for posting the nice piece from The Guardian. It's always going to be bittersweet when we think of Nouri and what was not to be. I will always remember the Beker match away to Kozzaken Boys. Bosz started a number of Jong Ajax players that day and Nouri had a fine match. At the end of the match lots of young supporters came onto the pitch and took selfies with Appie who, as I wrote following the match, looked like he would stay on the pitch and miss the team bus back to Amsterdam.
Yes for the Ajax supporters the guys that come from the youth academy always have some extra popularity.
Especially when they play for Ajax already since the age of 7 they we give them extra love and Nouri also had the 'we extremely like this lad, he's exactly like us when we were kids factor'.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo dec 17, 2017 12:42 pm

I did read the article but no good at posting such items.Thanks therefore for posting it. Well I think about this kid everyday ,cannot help it and when reading this article still had a tear. Not just as a footballer but Appie clearly a beautiful and thoughtful human being.

When you sum up our club it is about kids like Appie,a lad who has come through the youth and only wants to play for Ajax. No way kids like Appie or Donny taking English money as 16 year olds.

I do remember that cup game and the scenes afterwards .Sums up what everyone thought of him.

When Ajax is mentioned the response is always our youth.It will always be very sad to think what might have been.I will always think when Donny and Frenkie play together that one is missing.

Stay Strong Appie. You touched the heart of this daft 66 year old Englishman.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo dec 17, 2017 2:15 pm

SPL schreef: Stay Strong Appie. You touched the heart of this daft 66 year old Englishman.
...and a loony 70 year old American!!

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » zo dec 17, 2017 2:21 pm

Orange14 schreef:
SPL schreef: Stay Strong Appie. You touched the heart of this daft 66 year old Englishman.
...and a loony 70 year old American!!

Two great contributors to Ajaxtalk.nl! Wishing you both and everyone else a Merry Christmas, a happy new year and good health :ajaxscarf.gif:

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » za jan 06, 2018 1:16 am

Shit! This is bad, this could cause unrest in the Ajax squad. It's outrageous, see below.

The Dutch Football Association [@KNVB] discovered a heart defect in Abdelhak Nouri back in 2014, which was considered harmless at the time. They also notified Ajax of these test results.
Nouri’s family is said to be shocked by these reports, claiming neither they nor Appie were informed. They are currently considering legal steps. Ajax refuse to comment on the matter due to medical confidentiality.

Furthermore, there are serious doubts over the role of first-team doctor Don de Winter. Insiders claim he didn’t take appropriate action during that fateful game against Werder Bremen in Austria by not performing CPR right away

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » za jan 06, 2018 4:34 am

there are even more bad backgrounds stories /// from the point of view of still being able to see Ajax as "professional organisation" :blush.gif: :blush.gif: /// to share with you about 2 blunders in Ajax their medical staff's responsibility on this day

i'll share this with you later :blush.gif:

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za jan 06, 2018 1:53 pm

I have read the reports on Ajax showtime , and also google translated our Dutch site above .

Many questions to be asked about this heart defect discovery in 2014. If it transpires it was connected to his collapse in Austria it will not look good for Ajax as a club. I cannot believe they would ever let anyone play if he had any sort of heart condition.

Not performing CPR asap on the day does seem the big question.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma apr 02, 2018 11:57 am

21 today, thoughts are with you and your family. This silly old Englishman will not forget you.

Naci Unuvar a 14 year old of Turkish origin and a similar type of player scored a goal today at de Toekomst on 34 th minute. Very appropriate.

Stay strong Appie.

Plaats reactie