Abdelhak Nouri

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SPL

Abdelhak Nouri

Bericht door SPL » ma jul 10, 2017 10:48 am

Think we should talk about this special boy in his own thread.

Today he is woken from his coma. I just hope he recognises his parents and he is mentally ok.

Stay strong little man.

Ayman

Re: Abdelhak Nouri

Bericht door Ayman » ma jul 10, 2017 11:25 am

I am no expert, but as far as I am aware, his brain didn't suffer, oxygen flowing, it was just irregular heartbeats. He
should get a blood test. And we will see the result. But he should be ok, just needs a few weeks rest before getting back into action.

raymon
Site Admin & AT WC 2014 winner, Toto winner 16/17
Contacteer:

Bericht door raymon » ma jul 10, 2017 1:13 pm

Ayman schreef:I am no expert, but as far as I am aware, his brain didn't suffer, oxygen flowing, it was just irregular heartbeats. He
should get a blood test. And we will see the result. But he should be ok, just needs a few weeks rest before getting back into action.
I like your optimism but being kept in an induced coma is a bit more severe I think and 'a few weeks rest' may be a bit longer. Hopefully not but I think there is a real possibility that this is the end of his career.
"De waarheid is een geheel van maatschappelijk geaccepteerde leugens"

Amol

Bericht door Amol » ma jul 10, 2017 2:41 pm

Stay strong Appie!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma jul 10, 2017 3:14 pm

Most important thing is he recovers with no damage and can lead an ordinary life. Playing football again will be a bonus.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » ma jul 10, 2017 5:28 pm

Raymon schreef:
Ayman schreef:I am no expert, but as far as I am aware, his brain didn't suffer, oxygen flowing, it was just irregular heartbeats. He
I like your optimism but being kept in an induced coma is a bit more severe I think and 'a few weeks rest' may be a bit longer. Hopefully not but I think there is a real possibility that this is the end of his career.
That's very sad, but like SPL said, the most important thing is Nouri's health, as long as he gets back to normal, everything else is a bonus

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma jul 10, 2017 6:10 pm

Reading Ajaxshowtime,google translated, there are just hundreds may be a thousand plus posts now all from fans who just hope this lad survives.

Toughest job in football at that this moment is Marcel Keizer.Training again today but he said 2 of the squad were too upset to train.In 2 weeks CL qualifiers and life must go on but in this case this is just not possible.Our players must all be in big shock and impossible for them to focus on training and the season ahead.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » ma jul 10, 2017 6:34 pm

SPL schreef:Reading Ajaxshowtime,google translated, there are just hundreds may be a thousand plus posts now all from fans who just hope this lad survives.

Toughest job in football at that this moment is Marcel Keizer.Training again today but he said 2 of the squad were too upset to train.In 2 weeks CL qualifiers and life must go on but in this case this is just not possible.Our players must all be in big shock and impossible for them to focus on training and the season ahead.
The squad should take some time off to compose themselves, even if its a few days, I feel terrible for them, esp. his close friends (I am assuming it's van de Beek & de Ligt) They are so young, and it's so hard for them to take in

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di jul 11, 2017 7:12 pm

Latest update CT scans show no abnormalities in his brain .Seems like he may be woken from his coma tomorrow.That must be the big test to see if he is ok when he is awake . Long way to go, they need to find out what caused his collapse and then ensure it wont happen again so he can live a normal life.

Fingers crossed for him waking up ok.

Arthur

Bericht door Arthur » do jul 13, 2017 12:15 pm

Unfortunately Ajax just released the worst possible news. Nouri's brain is heavily damaged and there is no hope of recovery. Incredibly sad...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do jul 13, 2017 12:27 pm

I am devestated, about to go out for the day. Will try and take this news in when I come home

King Litti

Bericht door King Litti » do jul 13, 2017 12:56 pm

FUUUUUUUCK!!!

Cant't believe this. 20 years old. Amazing talent. This will crush the spirit of the team and fans.

I suppose there is a chance at some point there will be a kind of "let's win for Appie" attitude, but now Keizer will have a hell of a time getting the team ready to play cl football.

Just horrible.
"We're on a mission from God."

Arthur

Bericht door Arthur » do jul 13, 2017 1:28 pm

King Litti schreef:I suppose there is a chance at some point there will be a kind of "let's win for Appie" attitude, but now Keizer will have a hell of a time getting the team ready to play cl football.
To be honest, I don't even care about that at the moment. The players will probably feel that even more strongly.

King Litti

Bericht door King Litti » do jul 13, 2017 1:42 pm

My point exactly.
"We're on a mission from God."

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do jul 13, 2017 1:53 pm

Just feel gutted. I remember feeling the same way a long time ago when the great Syracuse running back Ernie Davis was diagnosed with leukemia right after graduation and he died way too early, having never played in a single professional game. "Only the Good Die Young" - Billy Joel
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Amol

Bericht door Amol » do jul 13, 2017 3:39 pm

Devastated.

I wish strength to his family and near ones to help him through this tragedy for the rest of his adult life.

Also as discussed above, not sure how Ajax and our players will come through this and cope up for the rest of the season.

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » do jul 13, 2017 3:45 pm

I really thought he was going to be ok. received immediate CPR, other treatment. not sure what happened.

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » do jul 13, 2017 5:03 pm

:ajax.gif: :ajax.gif: :ajax.gif:
kezme44 schreef:I really thought he was going to be ok. received immediate CPR, other treatment. not sure what happened.
Just very unfortunate that CPR does not mean that oxygen is getting into the bloodstream and therefore around the body! Terrible, terrible thing to happen but, like Fabrice Muamba, maybe more lessons can be learned about medical equipment available at sporting events!

Why does such talent have to disappear in order that safety can be made better? I REALLY was looking forward to seeing Nouri play this season.....I just hope that his God helps him through this.

:ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif:
34 will always be with us

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » do jul 13, 2017 5:44 pm

With all the research centres for medical cures. Who knows....We can only hope and pray.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do jul 13, 2017 7:17 pm

Been out into our beautiful countryside today and kept thinking ,when I get home it wont be so bad. Well its a million times bad,talk of him not being able to function again eating talking etc.

I am well known for talking too much but at this moment I can not express my feelings. Ok we will all recover our sadness but Ajax wont be the same again for a very long time .This beautiful lovely human being as well as incredibly talented football now lies brain damaged and may not be able to function again in life.

In over 50 years of following sport , I have, as a fan, never experienced anything as dreadful as this.Football and all sport brings big highs and big lows for all of us. Nothing can ever get as low as this moment.

I cannot imagine how his family must be feeling or even coping. His team mates must be in terrible state at the moment.

Dave the mac

Bericht door Dave the mac » do jul 13, 2017 11:43 pm

Horrible news about Nouri. Goes to show how fragile life can be.
Thoughts go out to his family and the team.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr jul 14, 2017 12:33 am

Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Amol

Bericht door Amol » vr jul 14, 2017 2:21 am

I keep thinking that I'm in some bad dream and this whole thing was just an incorrect diagnosis.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jul 14, 2017 11:38 am

I too think I am having bad dream and its not real, following the Ajaxshowtime,100's of fans clearly in the same state. One of Ajax's long time staff said only the news of Johan's death was worse news for the club and fans.

Donny v d Beek posted a picture of him and Appie aged about 9 or10.Sad doesn't describe this.

Lots of fans like me saying they have never met Appie but they feel like he was a close family or friend and are grieving the same.I think this kid is unique to have so many people feel the same.

I watched the Ajax tv blog of his league debut day last year followed him from inside his house.In this world of players greedy for money and 16 year olds putting money first Appie shared a bedroom with his brother ! This kid clearly only ever wanted to play football in one place and for one club.

Tomorrow we are all going to wake up and find this has been a bad dream and Appie will be playing again in our famous shirt.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jul 14, 2017 8:32 pm

Hundreds of fans and some players outside Nouri's home today ,more lovely but sad pictures.Pelle Clement has come back from Reading and was in the crowd.

Younes has returned early from holiday to support his team mates. What a class act from him.

Plaats reactie