Abdelhak Nouri

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Re: Abdelhak Nouri

Bericht door Cruijff » vr nov 01, 2019 10:14 am

Can't help thinking about this little man still very often and about this tribute given to him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsAs2uQ94lM

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za nov 02, 2019 1:49 pm

Thanks for post, brings back very sad memories seeing the players going to his house.

I still think about him regularly and frankly will never forget him.A beautiful footballer and human being. So unfair.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » zo nov 03, 2019 8:36 pm

Can you imagine almost 6 million people watched this one, only.

And I have at least 20 or 25 other Nouri videos.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo nov 03, 2019 9:24 pm

I will remember that day for the rest of my life . No words to describe how any of us felt watching that.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » do mar 26, 2020 8:47 pm

Great news - Appie is out of his coma!

His brother said he's still very dependent on his family and unable to get out of bed. But he's aware of where he is and sometimes smiles and blinks.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » do mar 26, 2020 9:15 pm

Amol schreef:
do mar 26, 2020 8:47 pm

He's already out of it for more than nine months.

Today his family was on the Dutch tv for about 50 minutes, together with Frenkie de Jong, Donny van der Beek and Steven Bergwijn because of this new book:

Afbeelding

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr mar 27, 2020 12:45 pm

Just reading comments from the Appie article on Ajaxshowtime. Watched a bit of footage from his father. Nearly 3 years now and still I am shedding a tear as I write this.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » di mar 31, 2020 1:26 pm

Cruijff schreef:
do mar 26, 2020 9:15 pm
Amol schreef:
do mar 26, 2020 8:47 pm

He's already out of it for more than nine months.

Today his family was on the Dutch tv for about 50 minutes, together with Frenkie de Jong, Donny van der Beek and Steven Bergwijn because of this new book:

Afbeelding
I did not know that. I knew he was out of the hospital, but didn't know that he's now able to sit up and comprehend some of what's being said to him.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo jul 08, 2020 12:08 pm

Gosh its 3 years today that this beautiful young man's career and meaningful life ended .Hope one day he can recover to have some meaningful life.

Stay strong Appie.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » za mar 20, 2021 2:15 am

Highlights of this game we can find somewhere else, but little Appie playing against Barcelona while Johan Cruyff, Wim Jonk, Overmars and van der Sar are watching.

raymon
Site Admin & AT WC 2014 winner, Toto winner 16/17
Contacteer:

Bericht door raymon » za mar 20, 2021 9:23 am

Cruijff schreef:Highlights of this game we can find somewhere else, but little Appie playing against Barcelona while Johan Cruyff, Wim Jonk, Overmars and van der Sar are watching.
And with Onana in goal if I’m correct?
"De waarheid is een geheel van maatschappelijk geaccepteerde leugens"

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » za mar 20, 2021 3:56 pm

raymon schreef:
za mar 20, 2021 9:23 am
Cruijff schreef:Highlights of this game we can find somewhere else, but little Appie playing against Barcelona while Johan Cruyff, Wim Jonk, Overmars and van der Sar are watching.
And with Onana in goal if I’m correct?
Either in this game, or a year earlier or later it was Onana who was a Barcelona youth goalie.

We did draw FC Barcelona two seasons in a row in the Champions League, in the 3 years before it was 3 times in a row Real Madrid.

So in the Youth League Ajax then also plays these opponents.
In a home and away match where Ajax Youth were obvious stronger than Barcelona Youth Onana reallyyy made a difference and prevented a humiliation.
Still one of the best transfers in the past 10 years done by Overmars is letting Onana move from Barcelona to Amsterdam. :biggthumpup.gif:

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr apr 02, 2021 1:02 pm

24th Birthday of Appie today . Dont think the fans of our club will every forget him.

Happy Birthday Appie from a daft old Englishman who thought you special and still does.Hope one day you will be able to see the Arena again and hear the fans cheer your name.

Bericht door 999 » zo nov 07, 2021 1:25 pm

Familie Nouri bereikt akkoord over schadevergoeding met Ajax

De familie Nouri heeft na ruim vier jaar overeenstemming bereikt met Ajax over een schadevergoedingsregeling. Daarmee is een arbitragezaak van de baan.

Abdelhak Nouri zakte op 8 juli 2017 in elkaar tijdens een oefenduel met Werder Bremen. Een emotionele Ajax-directeur Edwin van der Sar erkende namens Ajax een jaar later dat de behandeling op het veld in het Oostenrijkse Mayrhofen tekort heeft geschoten, waardoor de destijds 20-jarige middenvelder ernstige en blijvende hersenschade opliep.

Tot een schadevergoedingsregeling kwamen beide partijen daarna echter niet.

Edwin van der Sar, algemeen directeur van Ajax ANP

Het leek er lange tijd op dat een arbitragezaak duidelijkheid moest gaan brengen. Op 21 januari van dit jaar spande de familie die aan, nadat de gesprekken met Ajax en advocaten niet tot een oplossing hadden geleid. Deze zaak zou in oktober moeten dienen.

Het betreft de kosten van zijn verzorging, het verlies van zijn verdienvermogen en de vergoeding van immateriële schade in de vorm van smartengeld. Het bedrag waarover overeenstemming is bereikt zal niet bekend worden gemaakt.

"De tekortkomingen hebben tot gevolg dat Abdelhak permanent afhankelijk is van de zorg van anderen en dat hij niet heeft kunnen laten zien hoe zijn veelbelovende loopbaan als voetballer zich zou hebben ontwikkeld", lieten zijn advocaten John Beer en Lucas Hogeling eerder dit jaar weten.

De neurologische situatie van Abdelhak Nouri is onveranderd. Sinds hij thuis wordt verzorgd gaat het wel beter met hem. De verzorging is intensief, nog altijd 24/7. Nouri is rustig, maar ook alert. Hij kan emoties laten zien (lachen en huilen) en communiceren lukt met gezichtsuitdrukkingen.
Nos.nl

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo nov 07, 2021 1:29 pm

Thanks for posting this 999

Bericht door 999 » zo nov 07, 2021 1:54 pm

Nouri family reaches agreement on compensation with Ajax

After more than four years, the Nouri family has reached agreement with Ajax about a compensation settlement. This means that an arbitration case is over.

Abdelhak Nouri collapsed on July 8, 2017 during an exhibition game with Werder Bremen. An emotional Ajax director Edwin van der Sar acknowledged on behalf of Ajax a year later that the treatment on the field in the Austrian Mayrhofen was inadequate, as a result of which the then 20-year-old midfielder suffered serious and permanent brain damage.

However, neither parties subsequently reached a compensation settlement.

Edwin van der Sar, general manager of Ajax ANP

For a long time, it seemed that an arbitration case should bring clarity. On January 21 of this year, the family initiated this, after the talks with Ajax and lawyers had not led to a solution. This case should be filed in October.

This concerns the costs of his care, the loss of his earning capacity and compensation for immaterial damage in the form of compensation. The agreed amount will not be disclosed.

"The shortcomings mean that Abdelhak is permanently dependent on the care of others and that he has not been able to show how his promising career as a footballer would have developed," his lawyers John Beer and Lucas Hogeling said earlier this year.

Abdelhak Nouri's neurological situation is unchanged. Since he has been cared for at home, he is doing better. The care is intensive, still 24/7. Nouri is calm, but also alert. He can show emotions (laughing and crying) and communicate with facial expressions.

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » ma feb 21, 2022 11:32 pm

After the settlement between Ajax and the Nouri family, I have to ask a few questions.

1) How long was this trial been going on?
2) Are the members of the 2017 medical staff still working at Ajax?
3) Did we agree straight away to pay for his medical costs and then his family demanded a compensation?
4) Did we know that he had heart problems or was it an Eriksen type of situation? And our mistake was that there wasn't a defibrillator on that day
5) What do you think about the outcome. 7.8 million and medical costs for ever

I may have more questions, but can't think of them now.
May the Force be with you

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » di feb 22, 2022 12:24 am

souras, I think I can answer at least 2 of your questions.
But indeed we still have many more questions.

souras84 schreef:
ma feb 21, 2022 11:32 pm
After the settlement between Ajax and the Nouri family, I have to ask a few questions.

2) Are the members of the 2017 medical staff still working at Ajax?
No.
The Ajax doctor lost his position at the club and also most of his reputation.

Ajax medical staff made big mistakes. They keep track of all data. Even during a friendly game every single player is connected to an Ipad where they see all kind of data, including his heart beats per minute.
Club employee Tjerk Smeets directly said "heeey! On the tablet it seems he doesn't have a heart beat".
Other people at Ajax said they were in shock this afternoon, everything seemed to them like a horror movie and they can't remember Tjerk Smeets or any other person at Ajax has said something about this.

But Ajax staff did not recognise the situation. Qualified doctors did simply not see that the young player was down with a heart attack.
First they tought he sat on the ground with a footh injury he struggled with during summer trainings.

Also it crossed their mind he still just felled weak after Ramadan from which he did not recover well in summer of 2017.

But I suppose the two biggest mistakes were that they spend minutes by sending his team mates away from a scary situation. Even tough he seemed to respond to words from Carel Eiting and Léon Bergsma. It seemed that quickly after falling on the pitch he still had consciousness.
Then the doctors just not recognise his heart was not ticking. It took them minutes to recognise it as a heart attack and no doctor gave cpr / cardiopulmonary resuscitation.

Due to the medical staff of Ajax his brain was without oxygen for 9 minutes or even longer.
They did not cary a defibrillator that day.

At some moment help arrived from an Austrian doctor and assisted by Werder Bremens medical staff Nouri was brought back within only 30 seconds.
In case they had done it from the start or in case the Ajax doctors handled as quick as the Austrians and Germans did, Nouri would probably had come out without any permanent damage and he would still be playing football now.
souras84 schreef:
ma feb 21, 2022 11:32 pm
4) Did we know that he had heart problems or was it an Eriksen type of situation? And our mistake was that there wasn't a defibrillator on that day
At least Nouri knew.
That Nouri had a heart condition was told to him when he was 16 or 17.

He shared it with other people in the football club, but asked to keep it completely quiet for his parents. At the age of 16 in The Netherlands someone is still a minor, but by law is already old enough to make medical decisions independent.
Nouri did absolutely not want his parents to know about this. He knew they would demand to quit professional football on the day they would here any rumour about this. And Appie Nouri did never even consider to give up his Ajax dream.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di feb 22, 2022 2:45 pm

I agree there were multiple points of failure here. We all like to think of athletes, particularly young ones, as indestructible particularly with respect to coronary problems. Unfortunately, we know all too well that there are those who have underlying medical conditions that are sometimes not diagnosed (I remember some years ago, the college basketball player Hank Gaithers collapsing during a tournament game because of a heart condition; see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hank_Gathers for more information). The two biggest issues for me were the lack of a portable defibrilator on site and that CPR was not administered. Personally, all players should be instructed about using CPR as quick action can make the difference between life and death (Simon Kjaer immediately gave Christian Eriksen CPR which was then followed by defibrilation). The Nouri case was a tragedy for the family, Ajax, and all the supporters who recognized his talent.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo feb 23, 2022 2:19 pm

Still heartbreaking to read the above posts about that terrible day.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jul 08, 2022 10:57 am

5 years ago today this talented and much loved guy collapsed in Austria.A beautiful footballer and human being.

This daft 71 year old Englishman wont forget you.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo jul 09, 2023 1:21 pm

A day late but yesterday was 6 years since that dreadful day when I came home and read about Appie.

I am now 72 and as I put above a year ago this daft old Englishman will never forget you.

Marillion
Site Admin

Bericht door Marillion » zo jul 09, 2023 3:05 pm

:biggthumpup.gif:

Still not forgotten. Also by many players. Like yesterday when Morocco U23 won the Africa Cup:
Nil volentibus arduum

Ramona
Erelid, Toto winner 03/04, 17/18, EC 08

Bericht door Ramona » zo jul 09, 2023 5:01 pm

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo jul 09, 2023 7:14 pm

Lovely gesture by Saibari. Appie a local boy who dreamed only of playing for Ajax and whose own football was just beautiful to watch.So pleased I actually watched him live in the JC Arena, Dec 2016 v Groningen , we won 2-0

Plaats reactie