Nicolai Boilesen

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Plaats reactie
SPL

Nicolai Boilesen

Bericht door SPL » ma apr 16, 2012 8:50 pm

Does't appear to have his own thread .More bad news today he has injured his hamstring again and must surely be out for the season and wont be in the Euro Champs for Denmark.
earlier in the day he had said he would play for Jong Ajax next Monday and hoped to play v VVV and Vitesse.Have to wonder whether the prospects of the Euros this summer meant he pushed himself too soon !

Anyway thats 4 times its been injured ie Went off injured v PSV back in Sept , damaged it back in Dec , injured it v Man U and now again . It appears he has areal problem with this and I wonder what effect it is going to have on him . Given our only cover for him is Blind and Koppers,neither are that good enough to be a regular we may well have to buy another decent left back

souras84

Re: Nicolai Boilesen

Bericht door souras84 » ma apr 16, 2012 9:11 pm

Yes it seems as if we're in deep shit and surely not buying any other LB
May the Force be with you

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma apr 16, 2012 9:29 pm

souras84 schreef:Yes it seems as if we're in deep shit and surely not buying any other LB
How can you say that given he has missed almost 2/3 of the season and without him we are doing just fine? :confused.gif:
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » ma apr 16, 2012 10:02 pm

I believe that Anita, Blind and Koppers did a decent job. But, I wouldn't like to see Anita spared at the LB. Blind could be a decent stand in. Koppers (maybe because of inexperience) seems afraid and underperforming. I hope Nic gets well soon mostly because I want to see what our complete team is capable of. Especially in a more balance Champions League group...
May the Force be with you

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di apr 17, 2012 12:29 pm

So sorry to hear about Nicolai's injury. Get well soon !
Appie, stay strong !

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di apr 17, 2012 12:53 pm

I think Arjen Robben had similar recurring hamstring problems but has overcome them. In such cases there is usually a biomechanical problem with the player's running form that needs to be corrected. I hope that something simple can be identified here and that Boilesen can get a tailored rehab program (a lot of times hamstring and lower back issues are linked; I know from experience) to get him back fit. It's going to take some time to resolve.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » di nov 27, 2012 4:36 am

anyone know when this guy is coming back?

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di nov 27, 2012 1:20 pm

I think he said right after the winter break.
Appie, stay strong !

ajaxcolombia

Bericht door ajaxcolombia » di nov 27, 2012 3:40 pm

If he could get back to regular football and play left back decently enough, it would be a good experiment to move blind to the "anita" role as he ahs gotten so much better passing the ball (yeah yeah he did have that lapse against roda I know). Could help solve some of our terrible problems in midfield.
Godenzonen

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do dec 27, 2012 1:12 pm

His father says he wont be playing until the end of March so that basically rules him out for most of the season. Where this leaves Blind's future ,who knows!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do dec 27, 2012 3:45 pm

It sounds like his leg is going to present ongoing physical problems. Maybe the only position he can play going forward is central defense where there isn't as much speed & and running involved. This is really sad news for the player and the team.

King Litti

Bericht door King Litti » vr nov 29, 2013 10:09 am

Damn, it's serious. Hamstring, but this time in the left leg. Don't know much about this, but usually when you get injuries they tend to repeat themselves easier and easier. Just ask Litmanen. It should not be as bad as last time in the right leg, but the word is that Boilesen will be back maybe after the winter brake.

This really is a bummer as we had a good thing going with Boilesen on the left and Blind in the middle. Now it's back to the left with Blind and Poulsen in the starting line up in the middle. Can he handle the work load that is coming? We're still playing in three competitions. The good thing is that Duarte, Serero and Klaassen seem to have a lot of stamina so they can hopefully offer some defensive support for Poulsen.
"We're on a mission from God."

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » vr nov 29, 2013 10:41 am

AjaxShowtime says he's out until Christmas—it could be much worse, I guess. Shame about Blind, he just had two really good matches at DMF.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr nov 29, 2013 12:54 pm

Hope Boilesen gets fit quickly and does not have the same problem with this hamstring. With Koppers ,Dijks both gone we have no other LB's as cover so Denswil may get used . At Jong level Tete,Kuipers and Martina are used but are not LB's.Just hope Blind does not get injured .

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr nov 29, 2013 1:33 pm

@SPL - you have seen more Jong matches than I have. I know that Kuipers has captained the side at times. What is his natural position?

At least Boilesen does not have a muscle tear which is a good sign. Let's hope it's just one of those mild sprains that heals quickly.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr nov 29, 2013 8:57 pm

Kuipers I believe is more a left sided CD but plays at LB. Have to say a few of the Jong Ajax play 2 different positions ,I quess its part of their development. Tete is a RB but has played LB and CD.Bazoer both CD and DM . Riedewald ,who is only 17 ,recently played 2 Jong games as CD but plays DM for the A1 and for the Dutch U19's the other week played LB !

The Jong have a LB called Marinkovic ,Swiss born Serb but he seems injured all the time . Suming up no real LB in Jong squad at present.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr nov 29, 2013 9:49 pm

Despite not even playing a full 1/2 of football, Boilesen was picked to the CL team of the week http://en.uclratings.uefa.com/Player/TeamOfWeek/5 Pretty amazing to me.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo jun 07, 2015 8:20 pm

Having decided he is going to go quess what he got injured in training today and has injured his hamstring.Not sure how bad and one report says he has torn a muscle at the back of his thigh.

He wont be going anywhere this summer and like Sigthorson I dont see anybody paying much money at all.

Dave the mac

Bericht door Dave the mac » ma jun 08, 2015 5:20 pm

I saw that news also. very disappointing....
He's been through so many injuries that you just have to feel for the guy. But for him to pick up another injury now is really bad timing for him, and Ajax. I like the guy, but like I've said before it's time for him to go and now that looks unlikely and then he will leave on a free transfer next season.

Plaats reactie