Bericht door orange goblin » ma mei 23, 2011 6:09 pm

may I?
Theo Janssen is van ons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.ajax.nl/Nieuws/Nieuwsarchief ... anssen.htm
O tempora o mores

kezme44

Re: Theo Janssen

Bericht door kezme44 » ma mei 23, 2011 6:53 pm

i really like this signing. let's hope he can stay away from the bottle...

ajaxcolombia

Bericht door ajaxcolombia » ma mei 23, 2011 6:56 pm

Haa you beat me to it!! Still have some mixed feelings about it, hope I'm wrong at the end. This will surely hurt Twente!
Godenzonen

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » ma mei 23, 2011 7:09 pm

For better or worse! Is he gonna play the de zeeuw position?
May the Force be with you

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma mei 23, 2011 7:29 pm

I'm going to lay my cards right out on the table; this is a player we do not need and I'm surprised that the club has gone ahead with the transfer. He cannot defend, he is slow, and he has at least one bad knee (which is to be operated on). As I go back and look at the first couple of posts of all the new player arrival threads I see so much excitement about the player, only to have our collective hearts broken when things go south. I hope I am proven wrong on this player but I have gut feeling that I will not.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

ajaxcolombia

Bericht door ajaxcolombia » ma mei 23, 2011 7:31 pm

One could argue that Demy struggled with his form for most of the season. I do feel however that he is much better than Janssen applying pressure. But Janssen brings much more accuracy for long range effort, smething that demy abused of a little.

It would be very interesting to see how the players in the US react to such news!
Godenzonen

ajaxcolombia

Bericht door ajaxcolombia » ma mei 23, 2011 7:36 pm

Orange I know where you're coming from. But look at it this way, we managed to win games when De Jong played an almost invisible role in midfield before he was finally moved forward. If Janssen at least stays intrascendental we have chances of winning. The problem would be if he starts giving up possession with erratic passes and at least not covering up positions in midfield...oh oh...
Godenzonen

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » ma mei 23, 2011 7:40 pm

One thing we need from him, is what Ooijer is here for. To provide mental strength, experience, grit and raise the age of our squad in a good way. If he succeds in this, all will be great
May the Force be with you

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » ma mei 23, 2011 7:48 pm

Im on the fence on this one, im not really convinced hes what we want or need.. but i hope im wrong.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma mei 23, 2011 8:26 pm

Have to say I think we need an experienced player like him for the reasons Souras gives above.He was player of the year for Twente and in Holland I think . Have to say I am not a great fan of Enoh and de Zeeuw did little this year until right at the end.
We will have to see but we have only given him a 2 year deal with a year option so if after a season he is struggling I am sure we can unload him.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » ma mei 23, 2011 8:58 pm

I like his experience and his grit . I like his offensive skill set. Can't believe Ajax would sign him if the knee surgery was much beyond arthroscopic . I think Lodeiro , Enoh , and Lindgren are the most logical to go...what with Anita , Eriksen , and De Zeeuw also in the mix. I say keep Demy. I like his toughness and his experience . Tattoos? Tattoos you say? I'm just so opposed to tattoos. :smallgrin.gif:
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » ma mei 23, 2011 9:34 pm

Ah yes Blind3 i hear you have a rather large Ajax tattoo? I've had one for some many years now, but not that large.

I have to say id be dissapointed to see Enoh leave, i quite like the guy, and i think he does seem to "sure up" our midfield when we need to hold on.. good tough tackler. But as they say "the greater good" must be observed.

ajaxcolombia

Bericht door ajaxcolombia » ma mei 23, 2011 11:29 pm

One thing is important, with Janssen on board we can give Eriksen some opportunity to rest every once in while, fielding him as the main playmaker. Eriksen is still only 19 years old and the long season and european campaign can take a toll out of our most talented player.
Godenzonen

ofey
Contacteer:

Bericht door ofey » ma mei 23, 2011 11:54 pm

One left foot. He's probably the Ajax version now of Beckham. Can't run, can't apply any real pressure over 90minutes and definitely NOT one to build around.

I'm with Orange14 on this. Bad signing.
How much did we pay for this? And how much is the contract worth?
AJACIED

ajaxcolombia

Bericht door ajaxcolombia » ma mei 23, 2011 11:59 pm

we payed about 3.5 million euros. The contract is for two years, with an option for a third. If you think about it it's not that terrible. Plus I was jsut taking a look at tegen11 to see how they evaluate his performances tactically for Twente, and certainly he can bring something other than a left foot.By the way, how many goals did he score against ajax with just that left foot this season? If im not wrong, a total fo four in four games.
Godenzonen

ajaxusa
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » di mei 24, 2011 6:36 pm

afcajax73 schreef:Ah yes Blind3 i hear you have a rather large Ajax tattoo? I've had one for some many years now, but not that large.
Visual evidence.
Mark it 8, Dude.

ajaxusa
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » di mei 24, 2011 6:38 pm

All I will say is, as I watched the last game of the season, I looked at this guy and I thought, "Ajax could use a player like that." Toughness, swagger, intensity. I like it.
Mark it 8, Dude.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » di mei 24, 2011 7:36 pm

Looks like Maarten Stekelenberg was commenting favorably on our new left booted free taker on VI. Steks should know of such things.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » di mei 24, 2011 9:43 pm

Blind3 schreef:I like his experience and his grit . I like his offensive skill set. Can't believe Ajax would sign him if the knee surgery was much beyond arthroscopic . I think Lodeiro , Enoh , and Lindgren are the most logical to go...what with Anita , Eriksen , and De Zeeuw also in the mix. I say keep Demy. I like his toughness and his experience . Tattoos? Tattoos you say? I'm just so opposed to tattoos. :smallgrin.gif:

lodeiro's not going anywhere
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » wo mei 25, 2011 10:10 am

bluedaddy19 schreef:
Blind3 schreef:I like his experience and his grit . I like his offensive skill set. Can't believe Ajax would sign him if the knee surgery was much beyond arthroscopic . I think Lodeiro , Enoh , and Lindgren are the most logical to go...what with Anita , Eriksen , and De Zeeuw also in the mix. I say keep Demy. I like his toughness and his experience . Tattoos? Tattoos you say? I'm just so opposed to tattoos. :smallgrin.gif:

lodeiro's not going anywhere
So is Jozy going to come here this time around?
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » wo mei 25, 2011 10:55 am

ajaxusa schreef:
afcajax73 schreef:Ah yes Blind3 i hear you have a rather large Ajax tattoo? I've had one for some many years now, but not that large.
Visual evidence.

excellent. maybe wrong choice of words but his is bigger than mine! lol :biggrin.gif:

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » wo mei 25, 2011 1:17 pm

ajaxusa schreef:All I will say is, as I watched the last game of the season, I looked at this guy and I thought, "Ajax could use a player like that." Toughness, swagger, intensity. I like it.
Those were my sentiments, exactly.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » zo mei 29, 2011 11:32 am

I read on Ajax Netwerk that Theo Janssen will be a guest on Studio Voetbal (2200). I'll be interested to peruse any comments to read what he says.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

ajaxcolombia

Bericht door ajaxcolombia » vr jun 17, 2011 5:40 pm

Theo Janssen has been cosen in Zonal Marking as part of the best elevn in european football this past season. That is ahead of the likes of Iniesta, Vidal and Oezil! And in the same rank as Xavi and Sahin!!! Oh my God!! This makes Theo Janssen probably the most heralded acquisition for Ajax in a long time, and only for 3 million! Ok ok, the truh is there is no guarantee he will perform in such a high level and is reall hard to actually compare Janssen to the likes of players who compete in leagues like La Liga beause of the quality of opposition. Still it surprises me the realtive omition of players form the English Premier League, except for Van der Sar. Judge for youselves anyway:

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2011/06/15/ ... -2010-111/.
Godenzonen

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma apr 02, 2012 8:48 pm

He got a lot of stick this season, but he was class against Heracles, yesterday. Just wanted to say that in his own thread.

K.
Still alive...

Gesloten