Christian Eriksen

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SPL

Christian Eriksen

Bericht door SPL » di feb 23, 2010 8:02 pm

Thought he should have his own post .

Rumour today that Bergkamp has told Wenger he should sign Eriksen for Arsenal before he renews his contract with us.
I know this is probably paper talk but if it were true then Ajax should sack Bergkamp on the spot .He is employed by us as a youth coach and I would hope he is not telling Wenger to sign our kids when he is being paid by us .

In truth Eriksen has said he is happy to sign an extension and negotiations have started . He was only 18 last week and is on a youth contract to June 2011. Now that he is 18 he can be offered a full
contract that will pay him a first team wage.

As for arsenal Chelsea and Man U they all tried to sign him back in late 2008 but he chose Ajax. I cannot see him suddenly deciding to want to go to one of those clubs just 14 months after saying no to them. He would not get in their first teams at present either.

jamcocteau

Re: Christian D. Eriksen

Bericht door jamcocteau » di feb 23, 2010 11:59 pm

On subject of Eriksen I thought on Sunday which was his full team starting debut he looked a class apart, well 1st half anyway, 2nd half he was moved into centre and looked a bit lost.

Been watching Ajax for 7 years now and Eriksen looks a different class from anything I have seen there so far at that age. Vision, first touch, dribbling, awareness of game and passing were all exquisite, just needs to practice a wee tad on his finishing shot :smallgrin.gif:

Hopefully get his contract sorted and can look forward to seeing him for a good few more years gracing the ArenA in an Ajax jersey.
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo feb 24, 2010 1:02 am

Hopefully he will get his contract sorted soon. If Arsenal do want him they would be illegally tapping him up as they would be talking to his agent whilst under contract .I do hope this is all nonsense.
The bottom line is he turned them down last year and appears happy here.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo feb 24, 2010 7:25 pm

Looks like he has verbally agreed and a new contract hopefully will be signed in the next month.

Rooie

Bericht door Rooie » vr feb 26, 2010 5:15 pm

Called up for the Danish NT for their coming friendlies.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di mar 02, 2010 8:32 pm

Barcelona watched him in Turin and a report today states they want to buy him in the summer. He turned them down just over a year ago and I doubt he would say yes at present. No way would he get in their team and I do not see him going just to play for their reserves.

I hope he signs that contract soon.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo mar 03, 2010 12:19 am

SPL schreef:Barcelona watched him in Turin and a report today states they want to buy him in the summer. He turned them down just over a year ago and I doubt he would say yes at present. No way would he get in their team and I do not see him going just to play for their reserves.

I hope he signs that contract soon.
If he has any semblance of a brain he will sign for three years which will give him enough time to develop. If he heads abroad right now the will follow the path of DeRidder, De Mul, and others who have not had any career. I think the Barca stuff is just nonsense. Look at the players above him; they are almost all as young as he is!
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » do mar 04, 2010 8:11 pm

In addidtion to my two tattoos worth love of Ajax, I'm also Barca Soci . The only rumor of note I've heard or read is that both candidates for FCB President ( Joan Laporta's not running) have said that they wish to bring Cesc Fabregas to the Camp Nou.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za apr 10, 2010 10:49 am

Eriksen has agreed a contract extension to 2014 and will sign it shortly . Great news .

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » za apr 10, 2010 5:17 pm

Honestly, if we have to sell Suarez, Urby and VdWiel to pay our debts I won't mind too much if it means we put a team of primarily youth players on the pitch. I like what I've seen from our young guys so far, and even if we don't win, at least they'll play a brand of soccer that Ajax fans can be proud of. Eriksen is a big part of that.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

ofey
Contacteer:

Bericht door ofey » ma apr 12, 2010 8:59 am

aveslacker schreef:Honestly, if we have to sell Suarez, Urby and VdWiel to pay our debts... .
I don't know what the financial situation is but are we that badly in debt that it'll take over £30million to clear it?
AJACIED

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » ma apr 12, 2010 11:56 am

ofey schreef:
aveslacker schreef:Honestly, if we have to sell Suarez, Urby and VdWiel to pay our debts... .
I don't know what the financial situation is but are we that badly in debt that it'll take over £30million to clear it?
Ajax €25m in debt but don’t have to sell players

Widespread reports in Holland have confirmed that Eredivisie giants Ajax are facing up to major debt problems.
By the end of this season Ajax are expected to be 25 million euros in debt but the club are denying that they will have to sell players to survive.

Ajax’s financial director Jeroen Slop said that the club do not need to sell players and "could afford to reject a 15 million euro offer for Luis Suarez ."

The financial problems at Ajax will though mean the club are unlikely to increase wages for players at the club as Urby Emanuelson is finding out now(From http://www.imscouting.com).

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma apr 19, 2010 8:26 am

Ajax are not 25 million 'in debt'.

They will lose 25 million euros this season, but the club have what we call an 'own capital' of somewhere between 50 and 60 million euros.

There is definitely a financial problem, because Ajax have been spending more than they're making on a structural basis for the past five years. That must change. But the club are not in financial danger or anything like that. It's a completely different story than Feyenoord, who have been losing even more money than Ajax and have a negative 'own capital' (minus 30 million or something like that).

Anyway, I will also post this in the Ajax Finances thread. Over here, let's talk about Eriksen again.

K.
Still alive...

Amol

Bericht door Amol » ma apr 19, 2010 4:32 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Ajax are not 25 million 'in debt'.

They will lose 25 million euros this season, but the club have what we call an 'own capital' of somewhere between 50 and 60 million euros.

There is definitely a financial problem, because Ajax have been spending more than they're making on a structural basis for the past five years. That must change. But the club are not in financial danger or anything like that. It's a completely different story than Feyenoord, who have been losing even more money than Ajax and have a negative 'own capital' (minus 30 million or something like that).

Anyway, I will also post this in the Ajax Finances thread. Over here, let's talk about Eriksen again.

K.
Eriksen just signed a contract extension till June 2014 -

http://ajax.nl/Nieuws/Laatste-nieuws/Ni ... riksen.htm

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo jun 30, 2010 7:35 pm

Rumour in the press that Arsenal have tapped up his agent to see whther they can poach him . They would pay 13m euros .Cannot believe Eriksen will change his mind and leave just 2 months after signing a new contract . Evidently Chelsea ManU and Liverpool would like him . This all stinks of papers making up the story .

Wenger is not stupid . If he wanted the lad he would have done his tapping up 3 months ago before the new contract .Having failed then he is hardly likely to change the kids mind so soon . Any way Ajax would ask 20m euros min and that would soon shut Wenger up .

Orange14

Re: Christian Eriksen

Bericht door Orange14 » di mar 22, 2011 12:46 pm

Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do jun 09, 2011 7:11 pm

Silly season again .chelsea looking at him during the U21 Euro Champs and may make a bid of over 20m euros. The story does say their first choice as a playmaker is Wesley Sneijder. So Chelsea will pay 30m for one of the best in the world but if that fails will pay well over 20m for a kid who has played 1 season in Holland and certainly not strong enough yet for the physical world of the EPL.

Eriksen himself is level headed and will stay at least one more year .These stories will continue until he is finally sold ,hopefully not for a couple of years and for 30m plus.

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » do jun 09, 2011 11:38 pm

Christian Dannemann Eriksen (born 14 February 1992 in Middelfart) is a Danish professional football player, currently playing as an attacking midfielder for Dutch side Ajax with whom he won the 2010-11 Eredivisie.
So our big star was born in Middlefart. Personally I do not think that is very funny at all but I'm posting it anyway since a lot of you aren't as mature as me and are likely to get a chuckle out of it. :ajax.gif:

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo jun 12, 2011 4:10 pm

He and Boilesen played for Denmark u21's last night in the Euro U21 championships and Switzerland won 1-0. I watched about the last hour of the game and he did not really do that much .Ok you can see there is a lot of class about him but not sure Chelsea will be paying us 25m at present.

In todays papers rumours he is the only Ajax player mentioned ,Spurs and Arsenal watched him and would like him.I saw that was in the Mirror and burst out laughing . I am sure they would like him and so would every other team in Europe.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo jun 12, 2011 5:03 pm

I watched the whole match yesterday and it was clear that the Swiss plan was to keep Eriksen from doing much of anything. In that they were largely successful. He did have a couple of good free kicks from dead ball situations but the Swiss keeper was pretty darn good. I thought Boilesen had a solid game. He came out at the 75 minute mark but did go forward with aplomb and delivered several good crosses. He seems to be maturing defensively and I didn't see him lose his man in a dangerous situation. I echo your thoughts on Eriksen regarding his ability to move up the next level (though I think the Ajax level is pretty darn good); he's just not quite there and needs about two more years. Wasn't Wesley Sneijder 23 when he was sold to Madrid? I think that's a good age to move on for someone like Eriksen.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo jun 15, 2011 6:30 pm

Danish U21 beat Belarus 2-1 with Eriksen scoring a goal ie a missed penalty but he scored from the rebound. I have taped the highlights to watch . Not sure how good a game he had but Boilesen evidently played well .

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » zo jun 19, 2011 1:08 am

Looks like Denmark are out of the competition after a defeat by Iceland.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo jun 19, 2011 1:51 am

Blind3 schreef:Looks like Denmark are out of the competition after a defeat by Iceland.
their defense played quite poorly. Eriksen had a couple of good moments but his teammates missed a number of potential goals. Boilesen did OK.

Ajaxfanuk

Bericht door Ajaxfanuk » zo jun 19, 2011 1:44 pm

According to a few sources Eriksen has said he is definitely staying this season but doesnt intend to stay until the end of his contract.

We've probably got one more season i guess
Wit-rood-wit zit in ons bloed! We zijn de beste en zo goed. Ik spring me hele leven lang, voor: Ajax Amsterdam!

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » zo jun 19, 2011 2:58 pm

Hoping he'll stay until 2013, he'll be sooooo old by then, which will Ajax to sell with one year left on his deal. That is, unless his form next year is such that his transfer value is never higher.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Plaats reactie