Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr feb 05, 2010 3:23 pm

Suk! Suk! Suk! Suk!

The Main Man. :ajaxsmiley.gif:

K.
Still alive...

jamcocteau

Re: Hyun Jun Suk

Bericht door jamcocteau » vr feb 05, 2010 3:31 pm

My esteemed friend, lets wait a few months and see if enthuasism is still there, if nothing else at least he gets a buzz about the stadia.
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

martinkohout

Bericht door martinkohout » vr feb 05, 2010 9:33 pm

I know he wears #39, but is it too early to dub him "Seoul Brother Number One"? :biggrin.gif:
"I have the heart of a child. I keep it in a jar on my shelf." —Robert Bloch

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » vr feb 05, 2010 10:55 pm

Thanks to brigade zuid who posted this on the Dutch Zone:
http://www.ajaxlife.nl/video/detail/342 :smallgrin.gif:
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

Khraa

Bericht door Khraa » vr feb 05, 2010 11:18 pm

It's good to see a guy being proud to play in an Ajax jersey. Doing everything possible to succeed. I like him!
Alright, stop this nonsense. It is getting way too silly!

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » za feb 06, 2010 1:06 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Suk! Suk! Suk! Suk!

The Main Man. :ajaxsmiley.gif:

K.
Were you at the Roda game as well? Haha, he's already a legend :drecul.gif:
Get a Cock

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » wo feb 10, 2010 1:38 am

With his surname , he better be good. The surname of Chicago Cubs centerfielder, Fukudome, is a cheap vulgar pick-up line , but Suk is as direct as it gets.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo aug 01, 2010 11:17 am

I'm starting to believe that the whole Suk thing is a practical joke from Ajax...

K.
Still alive...

Feest

Bericht door Feest » zo aug 01, 2010 12:29 pm

I disagree. I was a witness of Suk's trial period and eventough there were some technical flaws, a lack of understanding 433 movement and a lack of composure to his all around game, you could see he was a natural goalscorer, good right foot, did see the third man and was up for it.

Now they sign him and then what? How are you going to explain subtilties to a Korean kid? All of a sudden he gets money. He ditches his initial manager who went with him to Amsterdam et all for a very slick new one, he's by himself in a different continent, he's expected to dress and act like an Ajax-player and loses his initial hunger. He's a star now.

I thought he looked clumsy last night, but his lacklustre performance during halftime of Ajax - PAOK was a lot worse.

Money changes and corrupts people. Especially when they're young.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo aug 01, 2010 1:10 pm

Feest schreef:I disagree. I was a witness of Suk's trial period and eventough there were some technical flaws, a lack of understanding 433 movement and a lack of composure to his all around game, you could see he was a natural goalscorer, good right foot, did see the third man and was up for it.

Now they sign him and then what? How are you going to explain subtilties to a Korean kid? All of a sudden he gets money. He ditches his initial manager who went with him to Amsterdam et all for a very slick new one, he's by himself in a different continent, he's expected to dress and act like an Ajax-player and loses his initial hunger. He's a star now.

I thought he looked clumsy last night, but his lacklustre performance during halftime of Ajax - PAOK was a lot worse.

Money changes and corrupts people. Especially when they're young.
Interesting... I didn't know all that, of course.

All I get to see are his actual performances and I have to admit: I haven't seen 'it' yet.

K.
Still alive...

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo aug 01, 2010 1:34 pm

He has scored goals for the reserve team and must have some quality in order to do that. Yesterday he did not seem to attach the goal mouth when we had the ball out on the wings which a center forward needs to do (we still need to figure out why our left wing play is so poor; maybe Urby needs to start up front on the left as he's more than capable of crossing a decent ball). Do we know how much the club is paying Suk?
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo aug 01, 2010 1:35 pm

I think he would benefit from going out on loan to somewhere like Willem Tilburg. Not sure he is ready for our first team not even as a sub .

Feest

Bericht door Feest » zo aug 01, 2010 1:47 pm

Problem is you cant send him on loan. Upon his return the terms of his contract would be of a non-EU 20+ player then, making him earn 500k.

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » zo aug 01, 2010 6:34 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:
All I get to see are his actual performances and I have to admit: I haven't seen 'it' yet.
K.
:ajax.gif: :ajax.gif: :ajax.gif:

Funny that Ko.....I haven't seen him yet, even though he's supposed to have been on the pitch!! He isn't some sort of sponsorship "favour" is he????

:ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif:
34 will always be with us

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo aug 01, 2010 7:25 pm

Feest . Can you explain this non EU rule . Surely the EU cannot govern what we pay a non EU player?

If we have to pay a non EU 500k euros after a loan then there is no point in signing any such youngsters . Looking at our Jong squad Classen the SA is non EU and having already been in our Jong for 2 seasons should be out on loan but not if it means you pay him 500k .

Please explain .

Feest

Bericht door Feest » zo aug 01, 2010 7:36 pm

There's a is a ruling in Holland for Non-EU players. 276k for u-20s and 500k for 20+. Suk and Claasen are both on 276k, yet if they were to go on loan and return the following year, the federation would see that as a new deal and therefore an over20 one.

Its why most/all non-EU u-20 players go to 'die' in the reserve squad.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo aug 01, 2010 7:55 pm

Thanks for the explanation. Suk at least is in the first team squad but Claasen is not likely to . He did have a contract to 2010 with a 2year option . I believe we have taken the option to 2011 . Would have thought they would have kicked him out to save money ! He will be the highest wage earner of the proper Jong .

Scherrer
AT Toto winner 10/11

Bericht door Scherrer » ma aug 02, 2010 2:45 am

Feest schreef:There's a is a ruling in Holland for Non-EU players. 276k for u-20s and 500k for 20+. Suk and Claasen are both on 276k, yet if they were to go on loan and return the following year, the federation would see that as a new deal and therefore an over20 one.

Its why most/all non-EU u-20 players go to 'die' in the reserve squad.
But Suk is 19 years old now, so when we would send him on a loan for the rest of this season, he would be 20 anyways when returning next season. In that case it would not matter, right?

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo jun 15, 2011 5:14 pm

Formally, Suk is still an Ajax player, but he has already left the club. His contract will officially expire on 30 June and will not be renewed.

Which makes him a Former Ajax Player.

If you have anything to say about him, do it quickly. This thread wil be closed down sometime next week.

K.
Still alive...

Gesloten