Toby Alderweireld

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Orange14

Re: Toby Alderweireld

Bericht door Orange14 » vr aug 09, 2013 2:39 pm

If Baines and Fellani leave for ManU Everton have more worries than finding a new CB.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » zo aug 11, 2013 12:07 am

Mention in De Telegraaf about Spartak Moscow being interested in Toby . Ajax Netwerk has the De Telegraaf story
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » ma aug 12, 2013 12:22 pm

Orange14 schreef:If Baines and Fellani leave for ManU Everton have more worries than finding a new CB.
i cant see them both leaving, allowing both to leave would be the same as an admission that you have no ambition in the premier league. theyre not desperate for money, neither player is desperate to leave... dont think it will happen.

As for Toby,

i believe the offer from spartak has been accepted. bad move

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma aug 12, 2013 12:35 pm

Rod Tidwell to Jerry Maguire (in the move of the same name), "I wanna make sure you're ready, brother. Here it is: Show me the money. Oh-ho-ho! SHOW! ME! THE! MONEY! A-ha-ha! Jerry, doesn't it make you feel good just to say that! Say it with me one time, Jerry. "

That's what it's all about, the money/
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » di aug 13, 2013 10:19 am

I think most EPL teams have enough money not to sell their best players in mass, Everton certainly being one of them. Id like Toby to go there, a team with a bit of asperation and play good football. But i just cant see it.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di aug 13, 2013 11:53 am

afcajax73 schreef:I think most EPL teams have enough money not to sell their best players in mass, Everton certainly being one of them. Id like Toby to go there, a team with a bit of asperation and play good football. But i just cant see it.
You might want to read The Swiss Ramble's latest column on Arsenal that just came out: http://swissramble.blogspot.com/ There are a bunch of good tables on the finances of all the EPL teams (though they are a year old because of the timing of financial reporting). Most teams carry debt of varying degrees and have little cash balance. As noted in the column, Arsenal have as much cash on hand as about all of the other EPL teams combined yet have not bought any players yet (though Suarez may end up there by the end of the month).

I agree with you that Toby deserves better than spending time in Moscow during the winter.

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » di aug 13, 2013 12:38 pm

Orange14 schreef:
afcajax73 schreef:I think most EPL teams have enough money not to sell their best players in mass, Everton certainly being one of them. Id like Toby to go there, a team with a bit of asperation and play good football. But i just cant see it.
You might want to read The Swiss Ramble's latest column on Arsenal that just came out: http://swissramble.blogspot.com/ There are a bunch of good tables on the finances of all the EPL teams (though they are a year old because of the timing of financial reporting). Most teams carry debt of varying degrees and have little cash balance. As noted in the column, Arsenal have as much cash on hand as about all of the other EPL teams combined yet have not bought any players yet (though Suarez may end up there by the end of the month).

I agree with you that Toby deserves better than spending time in Moscow during the winter.

Im quite interested at the minute in the Suarez situation, i dont know if he would really be any better off at arsenal. theyre not in any more of a position to win anything than liverpool are.

in terms of arsenal in a financial sence, the only reason theyre so well off is because of the stadium, its pretty much all profit for them on a match day. i cant for the life of me understand why arsene is still their manager, any other club in the world would have dumped him years ago. its not even as if its payed off keeping him there

paladinby
Contacteer:

Bericht door paladinby » di aug 13, 2013 1:50 pm

afcajax73 schreef:
Orange14 schreef:

Im quite interested at the minute in the Suarez situation, i dont know if he would really be any better off at arsenal. theyre not in any more of a position to win anything than liverpool are.

in terms of arsenal in a financial sence, the only reason theyre so well off is because of the stadium, its pretty much all profit for them on a match day. i cant for the life of me understand why arsene is still their manager, any other club in the world would have dumped him years ago. its not even as if its payed off keeping him there
Wenger is just a part of a money-making machine. He is just fine with winning nothing and qualifying for CL each season through play-off and receiving huge wages. He has no ambitions and the club is pleased with him, then why make the change?

It seems that clubs have agreed for 7mln euros (which is very low in my opinion, given the fact that it's a russian club we should ask no less than 15) and now it's time for contract talks. Toby is reported to want 3 mln per season...

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di aug 13, 2013 1:56 pm

I'm not sure how much longer these Russian clubs will be spending big money. Anzhi is off loading all of their high price players and I suspect the other teams may do the same. They are not doing much in Euro competition and don't have much source of revenue other than the money the owners put on the table. If Toby gets the €3M great for him and he probably will move on. I doubt he would get that much from any EPL team.

paladinby
Contacteer:

Bericht door paladinby » di aug 13, 2013 2:21 pm

Orange14 schreef:I'm not sure how much longer these Russian clubs will be spending big money. Anzhi is off loading all of their high price players and I suspect the other teams may do the same. They are not doing much in Euro competition and don't have much source of revenue other than the money the owners put on the table. If Toby gets the €3M great for him and he probably will move on. I doubt he would get that much from any EPL team.
Russian clubs can spend huge amounts as long as they have sponsors. Otherwise it's immediate termination like it happened to Saturn. Anzhi is a bit different as it's owner and sugar-daddy was just fed up with lazy stars receiving huge wages. Eto'o is receiving 21 (twenty one, it's not a misprint) mln euros per season. Other star players get somewhere between 3 and 5.

Plaats reactie