News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Gesloten
Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bob Haarms, an Ajax Icon

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo mar 04, 2009 5:01 pm

I suppose this man deserves his own thread...

On Sunday, the day of ADO Den Haag vs Ajax, Ajax's "heart and soul" Bobby Haarms will turn 75.

The bad news is, though, that Bobby's health is not great these days. He's been in hospital several times over the past two years and actually lived at the 'nursing care facility' of Amsterdam's V.U. Hospital for seven months. His condition was recently deemed good enough to go home, but Bobby was once again hospitalized on Monday. Intensive care, actually.

We can't make this any prettier than it is, I'm afraid: Bobby is not well.

Just an update...

K.
Still alive...

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » wo mar 04, 2009 8:18 pm

Correct me if Im wrong but , when Bobby Haarms was at Ajax I think it was around 1990. It was considered the darkest times for Ajax, particularly off the field. Im not knocking Mr Haarms, dont get me wrong, I wish him all the very best. But just to confirm thats all.

Thanks

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo mar 04, 2009 9:22 pm

Ayman schreef:Correct me if Im wrong but , when Bobby Haarms was at Ajax I think it was around 1990. It was considered the darkest times for Ajax, particularly off the field. Im not knocking Mr Haarms, dont get me wrong, I wish him all the very best. But just to confirm thats all.
Are you sure you're talking about Bobby Haarms...?

It's a bit weird to say that he was at Ajax "around 1990". He's been at Ajax forever. As a player in the 1950s, as a coach-assistant from 1967 to 2000. And after that he was 'pitch manager' for a few years. The man is an absolute legend and never had anything to do with Ajax finances or anything...

You must have the wrong guy in mind...

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo mar 08, 2009 3:02 pm

Happy birthday, Bobby. And get well soon.

What a shit birthday present from the first team...

K.
Still alive...

Gesloten