Ajax Youth & Amateurs

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SPL

Re: Ajax Youth & Amateurs

Bericht door SPL » ma mar 21, 2016 2:33 pm

cheers for that.He ,Noa Lang,Sierhuis,Zeefuik, and de Lange are those who should get contracts asasp plus Familia Castillo if he has not already decided to go to Chelsea!

What do you think Cruijff??

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » ma mar 21, 2016 3:03 pm

SPL schreef:cheers for that.He ,Noa Lang,Sierhuis,Zeefuik, and de Lange are those who should get contracts asasp plus Familia Castillo if he has not already decided to go to Chelsea!

What do you think Cruijff??
Hmm in my opinion it's a shame that Fosu Mensah is now in Manchester. He said that he would have signed the contract at Ajax if they would have offered and that's probably true. The other 3 that left to Chelsea, to Real Madrid and to Manchester City would have left us anyway.

It's a shame that some Ajax talents leave us, but I understand the strategy that Ajax is not giving out contracts automatically to everyone who turns 16. You have to keep the guys in the academy a bit hungry, with a contract of 68.000 British Pounds a year in many cases they will earn more than their parents combined.

While they are still school boys and when it's not sure they will make it as a professional football player.

There are so many teenage strikers now, Dolberg seems to be the most talented, but also Sierhuis, Walian, Noa Lang, El Azzouzi and Zivkovic are 17, 18 or 19 years old. Kluivert, 16 year old plays as a winger but could become a striker just like his father. El Azzouzi, now on loan at Twente, scored some goals there but got a dumb red yesterday at Twente-AZ is older than Zivkovic. It's really doubtful which of these guys will reach the Ajax level we aspire. Do you want to become Chelsea and give out 69 contracts for over 250.000 a person and bring them on loan to many different clubs or do you aim for the top in your academy and keep the spots a bit exclusive..?

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » ma mar 21, 2016 3:05 pm

There are also some 'real Ajacieden' in the academy. Donny van de Beek refused an offer from Bayern Munich, Nouri turned down several offers during the years. Klaassen said he had no interest in Napoli a month ago and Bazoer says no to all Italian and all English clubs at this stage.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma mar 21, 2016 5:20 pm

Cruijff schreef:Do you want to become Chelsea and give out 69 contracts[/b] for over 250.000 a person and bring them on loan to many different clubs or do you aim for the top in your academy and keep the spots a bit exclusive..?
Chelsea are such a joke. I see Vitesse want some kind of agreement to keep the Chelsea loan players longer than one year as it affects their team chemistry! :drecul.gif: When was the last time any player from the Chelsea youth made first team? They go out and buy players they need. Of the big teams, only Liverpool & ManU seem to promote young players regularly though ManCity want to be in that group as well. With so much money in the EPL, the big clubs don't really need to have good youth programs. They can just poach.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma mar 21, 2016 8:51 pm

Agree we should not give out contracts to all 16 year olds. When we bought in the no contracts for 16 year olds the first year 2013 saw 16 year olds Nouri and v d Beek turn down abroad and they waited a year until they were 17.Sadly Fosu-Mensah did not wait .

The only kid ,16 this year, who appears to be on the way abroad is Familia -Castillo. I'm not sure how big a talent he is ,he is a midfielder but recent games for our B1 plays LB. I quoted Kluivert and Lang as both are 17 this year ,and have recently appeared for A1, hence I feel they should get contracts.

The other 3 are all 18 this year .Sierhuis and Zeefuik both A1 regulars and likely to be Jong Ajax next season .de Lange is behind v Bladeren at A1 level but will be no 1 next season.

Thats only 6 contracts for kids U18 ,which is not a lot .

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di mar 22, 2016 7:49 pm

One of our talented CD is Darren Sidoel , only 18 this year and already contracted.Well last saturday he played for our A2 ,his first game since breaking a leg back in August .Now he has ruptured his achilles in training , very sad for the lad.

When my son did his in the November he was back playing cricket at the end of the April and had been running before that ,so 5 months for him and thus Sidoel may be fit by September.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo mar 23, 2016 7:54 pm

U17 Futures Cup this weekend at deToekomst .It has in the past been on Eurosport but not this year but I would imagine there will be streams for Ajax games.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » wo mar 23, 2016 8:22 pm

Yes probably one of the stations that is normally broadcasting the Eredivisie will also show these matches. I expect it to be on the Dutch version of FOX Sports so then I also expect there will be streams.

The Next Gen Series will be played in the Olympic Stadium this year around Pentecost. On 14, 15 and 16 May the Under 19 teams of Ajax, FC Barcelona, Tottenham Hotspurs, Ajax Cape Town, ASA United FC, Galatasaray and PSV Eindhoven will play each other.

Perhaps good dates to come to Amsterdam with the wife for a long weekend, SPL. :icon_wink.gif:

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo mar 23, 2016 8:30 pm

will come sometime this year but may now wait until September.

As for Future Cup Ajax games

Saturday Right to Dream Ghana 11.30 CET

Red Bull Salzburg 14.30 CET

Sunday Arsenal 13.00CET

Monday semis and Final .

Believe all games are 60 mins

PS
Read today we tried to sign Fword 16 year old winger Tahitha Chong but he is going to Manu.Think he had decided to go to England and we just asked him if he fancied Ajax but money rules.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » wo mar 23, 2016 8:47 pm

Yes 60 minutes games as they are playing 2 games on one day.
SPL schreef:will come sometime this year but may now wait until September.
Yes September can be an excellent choice when you time it well. That month provides opportunities to combine an Eredivisie game with one against an European opponent and of course then in between a visit to De Toekomst.

Oh wait: your wife will probably also want to taste some culture in Amsterdam :smile-ajax.gif:

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo mar 23, 2016 9:42 pm

I have left it too late to take in football this season but the wife has agreed we go for a few days in September time.

Apart from football we want to see my 90 year old Aunt again,thats easy she lives in Amstelveen, but I also have to spend a day with my cousins in Huizen. Last time I went without footy and cousins were away so we could please ourselves and ended up going to Edam and falling in love with it .

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » wo mar 23, 2016 9:52 pm

SPL schreef:Apart from football we want to see my 90 year old Aunt again,thats easy she lives in Amstelveen, but I also have to spend a day with my cousins in Huizen.
Yes you've told me about that. Amstelveen, Huizen, both places don't take much time to reach when you're starting point is Amsterdam
SPL schreef:Last time I went without footy and cousins were away so we could please ourselves and ended up going to Edam and falling in love with it .
Yes Edam is beautiful. Volendam is in my opinion a bit too touristic, but Edam, Monnickendam, Middenbeemster. These places are magnificient.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za mar 26, 2016 1:48 pm

1st game in the U17 Future Cup was a 0-0 draw with Right to Dream of Ghana.Evidently its on Ziggo tv which is only obtainable in Holland and no streams are shown. They play Red Bull Salzburg this afternoon .

The Dutch U17's playing this weekend so our 3 best players at this age ,de Ligt, Bakboord and Kluivert , are not available for the Future Cup,thus we will struggle a bit.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za mar 26, 2016 6:03 pm

2nd game we won 3-0 v Red Bull Salzburg Antonucci Belgium MF scored 2 and Redan ,only just 15 ,the other.

Arsenal tomorrow.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » zo mar 27, 2016 12:04 pm

Ajax-Arsenal about to start now. SPL, there are no streams? Ziggo is broadcasting it so for sure also Ajax TV. You can login in my account if you want, the Ajax TV allows multiple persons to watch a game at the same time.

Justin Kluivert scored a goal yesterday and in the way he was celebrating it he looked just like his father. :biggthumpup.gif:

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo mar 27, 2016 12:40 pm

Cannot see Ajax tv shows it! Anyway its Ht and Arsenal are 1-0 up.

Nb.
Back to yesterday v Red Bull Antonucci only scored 1(Ajax showtime made a mistake and initially quoted 2) El Azrak and Redan also 1.

Also Cruijff says Kluivert scored yesterday , checked he did not score in the Dutch U 17 game !

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » zo mar 27, 2016 1:09 pm

SPL schreef:Cannot see Ajax tv shows it! Anyway its Ht and Arsenal are 1-0 up.
Quick in the second half Arsenal scored the 0-2. SPL and Orange14 will probably hate this, as Arsenal is playing in their home kits and Ajax on De Toekomst again in the away kits.[/quote]
SPL schreef:Also Cruijff says Kluivert scored yesterday , checked he did not score in the Dutch U 17 game !
My mistake, for a moment I thought I saw Kluivert scoring a goal at the ABN AMRO Future Cup but that would have been impossible. :smallgrin.gif: It was Redan who scored and cheered and smiled just like Patrick Kluivert.

His cousin Iwan Redan, who played for several Eredivisie Clubs used to be called the new Kluivert for a couple years. Just judge yourself if you see any similarities:

Abdelhak Nouri Goals, Skills and Assists 2015/16
Laatst gewijzigd door Cruijff op zo mar 27, 2016 2:21 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo mar 27, 2016 1:29 pm

Well we lost 2-1 to Arsenal, Botman with a late goal means we get through to the semis v Anderlecht .Arsenal v Barca the other.

Not seen Redan but Justin looks like a young version of his Dad,hope he can be half as good a player.

You mention our away strip! Its the most revolting away shirt we have ever been forced to play.Evidently when youth teams shirt colours clash the home team has to change !

Ajax youth teams at de Toekomst must be allowed to wear our iconic shirt!!!

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » zo mar 27, 2016 2:21 pm

SPL schreef:Well we lost 2-1 to Arsenal, Botman with a late goal means we get through to the semis v Anderlecht .Arsenal v Barca the other.

Not seen Redan but Justin looks like a young version of his Dad,hope he can be half as good a player.

You mention our away strip! Its the most revolting away shirt we have ever been forced to play.Evidently when youth teams shirt colours clash the home team has to change !

Ajax youth teams at de Toekomst must be allowed to wear our iconic shirt!!!
True, true.
We were lucky with that late goal. A 0-2 defeat would have meant the tournament being over for Ajax. Now thanks to the 1-2 we're through to the semi finals. Tomorrow morning Ajax-Anderlecht followed by Arsenal-Barcelona. Both winners will play the final.

Here at the Feyenoord youth trainings ground in Rotterdam a great solo and great goal by Justin Kluivert wearing our home kit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeohLt7bbhA
SPL schreef:Not seen Redan but Justin looks like a young version of his Dad,hope he can be half as good a player.
I haven't seen a striker that was half as good as Patrick Kluivert for a long time. He really had it all, Kluivert was an amazing player.

But I don't agree with you with hoping for Justin he can be half as good. The Cruijff philosophy should be that you always aim for the top. So Justin, my boy, try to become even better than your father was. Do everything to become the best and reach towards the Marco van Basten or Johan Cruijff standard please!!

Abdelhak Nouri Goals, Skills and Assists 2015/16

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma mar 28, 2016 11:50 am

Well we lost the semi 2-0 to Anderlecht.We play a 3rd 4th place game v losers of Arsenal v Barca semi.Not a great tournament for Ajax especially with their best players missing at Oranje U17

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma mar 28, 2016 1:49 pm

Barca beat us 2-0 so they finish 3rd and Ajax 4th.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma mar 28, 2016 6:28 pm

Arsenal won the tournament. Having beaten Barca on pens in semi , after a 0-0, they repeated this v Anderlecht in the final ie 0-0 and won on pens.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » ma mar 28, 2016 6:30 pm

Nope, compared to Arsenal, to Anderlecht, to Barcelona and also to Benfica our Ajax B1 didn't play that well...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo apr 10, 2016 12:24 pm

Well sadly Cruijff's policy that player development is more important than results has died with him. Cerny and Nouri should have been playing Jong on Friday but winning the U19 league is more important so they played for A1 v PSV yesterday and we lost 2-1,PSV winner on 94 mins.A1 have to win all 4 remaining games to stand a chance of being champs.

It gets worse ,these 2 kids will play for A1 v Fword on Tuesday so they wont play for Jong tomorrow.These 2 lads have outgrown youth football and if they were at any other club ,apart from say PSV or Fword, would be playing at Eredivisie level.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo apr 10, 2016 12:58 pm

I have to agree with SPL on this. Cerny has already played first team football and Nouri should at least get one appearance this season as well. He certainly cannot play any worse than Bazoer did yesterday. There is really a need for a major overhaul in the management at Ajax but with Cruyff's passing I don't see anyone who has enough stature to push for it.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Plaats reactie