Markus Rosenberg

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma aug 22, 2005 12:01 am

Two official games for Ajax (Brøndby and RBC): two goals and one assist.

Keep it up, Markus! :xyxthumbs:

K.
Still alive...

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » ma aug 22, 2005 6:49 pm

If Markus was looking to shine on a bigger stage, he sure gets his opportunities in the next week. C'MON MARKUS!!!
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » ma aug 22, 2005 9:02 pm

I must say that I am surprised by the good start Markus has had. I expexted him to have a much harder time in the 4-3-3 system and the friendlies didn't seem to be very convincing.

I will be very satisfied if he scores around 15 goals in the Eredivisie and around 20 totally (including Amstel cup and hopefully CL).

Given his start that might not be too far away..... :eusa_pray:
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma aug 22, 2005 9:18 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Two official games for Ajax (Brøndby and RBC): two goals and one assist.

K.
If he keeps this up, he'll finish with something like 110 goals and 55 assists. :worshippy:
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » ma aug 22, 2005 9:20 pm

aveslacker schreef:
Kowalczyk schreef:Two official games for Ajax (Brøndby and RBC): two goals and one assist.

K.
If he keeps this up, he'll finish with something like 110 goals and 55 assists. :worshippy:
Yeah. That's why it's not logical to follow logic!

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » ma aug 22, 2005 9:48 pm

DOnt raise your hopes too high, yes he had a good start but he may not be able to keep up. I hope he explodes like what happened to Berbatov before and scores heaps :blush:
Get a Cock

Bert
Contacteer:

Bericht door Bert » ma aug 22, 2005 9:51 pm

If he atleast can give the supporters a good first season they will not mind as much if he cannot show the same in the second season.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma aug 22, 2005 10:31 pm

Bertje schreef:If he atleast can give the supporters a good first season they will not mind as much if he cannot show the same in the second season.
This is very true. The Ajax fans are an impatient lot. 'We' will already start to grumble if a striker doesn't score in his first five games. For that reason it's already very important that Markus scored twice in his first games. No-one is discussing him right now. Everyone's satisfied so far, which will make it easier for him to keep it up, improve his play and continue to score. He has already built up some credit, so to speak -- at least for the upcoming weeks.

K.
Still alive...

Bert
Contacteer:

Bericht door Bert » ma aug 22, 2005 10:34 pm

It is hard to get some credit from an Ajacied. But once you have a lot of it, they never forget you. We have been spoiled a lot for being such a small country but we respect the ones who spoiled us a lot.

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » di aug 30, 2005 8:09 pm

Just a thought...what's this guy supposed to have that Sonck didn't?

I'm not being sacrastic, simply wondering, given Ajax's tactics v. Fword on Sunday.....
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » di aug 30, 2005 9:02 pm

Manneken Pis schreef:Just a thought...what's this guy supposed to have that Sonck didn't?

I'm not being sacrastic, simply wondering, given Ajax's tactics v. Fword on Sunday.....
Actually I must say that Markus' qualities are very similar to the ones Sonck possessed when he arrived at Ajax. My guess is that Blind and the scout team saw something able to develop into a no9 during their wuite extensive scouting of him.

Nowadays, as someone menstioned earlier today in another thread, teams and players are rearely raised in 4-3-3. This also means that we cannot expect many forwards to be "ready" no9's once they come here.

Let's just see what happens and give the guy a break for two to three months.

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » di aug 30, 2005 9:41 pm

Per schreef:
Let's just see what happens and give the guy a break for two to three months.
Absolutely, that's why I said the question was not sarcastic...but the thought just struck me about their (apparent) similarities.

I think it was K that mentioned the lack of a number 10 to move up and support him in recent games...let's see how it develops......
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di aug 30, 2005 10:18 pm

Okay... here are my thoughts.

Rosenberg and Sonck are indeed similar type strikers. With two differences: Sonck showed in the Belgian league that he can be a 25-goal striker for his team (Racink Genk, in his case). At Ajax he never came remotely near that number, for several reasons. But he can be a 25-goal striker.

Rosenberg was never a 25-goal striker - and I don't think he ever will be.

But... the most important difference in my opinion is that Rosenberg has a better understanding of the 4-3-3 system and - most importantly - his skill is way better than Sonck's. Apart from missing that huge chance I actually think he wasn't that bad in the first half: he understands the 'running lines' of the Ajax system, he dropped back at the right moments and when he received the ball he held on to it for a few seconds and did something simple (but good) with it.

Sonck has never been a striker whom you could pass the ball to, simply knowing that he would hold on to it, maintain possession of pass it on accurately. Rosenberg does a better at job at that already than Sonck ever did.

Also: Rosenberg was disappointing in the Brøndby and F-word games, but let's not forget he scored twice in his first four official games so far. They guy seems to understand Ajax's play and netted twice in his first month of official Ajax football. He also scored twice against Bielefeld. He didn't score at the Amsterdam Tournament, but he had only 45 minutes of action due to his injury.

Let's give him a chance. He will be alright!

K.
Still alive...

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » wo aug 31, 2005 12:32 am

i think that the one big diference between Sonk and Rosenberg is more "mental" follow me here... Sonk 25 goal scorer, al time leading scorer of the belgian league and a star Striker for the national plus the arrogance that we all at ajax have and even learn to like, did he in theory have something to prove??? In theory for him No, did he have to work hard and learn the system, No he dident. He was in his mind a "star" Wesley was used to teams adapting to his style of play, not the other way around.I am not saying that he dident try because at first he did, what i´m saying is that he did not have the Hunger for being something big. When a player is hungry for succes that player will do absolutely everything he can to suceed, Sonk lost this hunger thats why he is playing for a relegation candidate in Germany. Rosenberg has this hunger... Why???? Because to tell you the truth he is still nobody, he´s in the swedish national team but way behind both Larsson,Zlatan and even Allback. He hasn't made an impact on a top european team yet( hope he does that at Ajax) and lastly he still needs to make a name for himself in general football, he needs to prove his worth Markus knows this .He knows this is his big shot, i dont think he´s going to let it pass by. Lets wait and see, i have high hopes for him.

Go Markus!!!
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » do sep 08, 2005 9:09 pm

The Swedish website www.fotbolldirekt.com has interviewed a ductch footie journalist about Rosenberg in the following:

http://www.fotbolldirekt.com/IndexNews.cfm?ID=17546

The journalist's name is Yoeri van den Bucken and he works for De Telegraaf.

He pretty much rubbishes Markus' chances of living up to fan's expectations. He has doubts about the technical ability, the tempo of the game and the scoring ability.

Who said Ajax-fans were impatient?? :D

Jocke27

Bericht door Jocke27 » ma sep 19, 2005 4:21 pm

Well, it seems like Rosenberg surely hasn't been playing like we hoped.
I haven't seen a game but from the match reports, I read that he just keep on giving a poor performance after another :(.
And sadly for Ajax, it doesn't seem like Charisteas has been any better...
Has there been any good stuff so far? Anything that shows potential of Rosenberg becoming a scorer and an important player in Ajax?
Or has everything been awful?

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » ma sep 19, 2005 4:37 pm

Jocke27 schreef:Well, it seems like Rosenberg surely hasn't been playing like we hoped.
I haven't seen a game but from the match reports, I read that he just keep on giving a poor performance after another :(.
And sadly for Ajax, it doesn't seem like Charisteas has been any better...
Has there been any good stuff so far? Anything that shows potential of Rosenberg becoming a scorer and an important player in Ajax?
Or has everything been awful?
He's shown potential, and he's only played a handful of games since his arrival, but to be honest he's failed to convince me.

I mean striker scores goals, and he doesn't. In fact he actually MISSES easy goals.
meh :|

dws

Bericht door dws » ma sep 19, 2005 8:20 pm

Think back to Mexico '86 and a player who time and again got into great scoring positions and ...... yep , you guessed it missed almost every chance to pot a goal. That player ? Jean Pierre Papin , a player who would very soon develop into one of the worlds great strikers.

Will this happen with Markus ? Maybe, but right now Ajax don't have time to wait see. Blind should act now and play Babel at striker. Babel has power pace and decisivness, have we seen any of this from Markus?

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » ma sep 19, 2005 8:54 pm

dws schreef:Think back to Mexico '86 and a player who time and again got into great scoring positions and ...... yep , you guessed it missed almost every chance to pot a goal. That player ? Jean Pierre Papin , a player who would very soon develop into one of the worlds great strikers.

Will this happen with Markus ? Maybe, but right now Ajax don't have time to wait see. Blind should act now and play Babel at striker. Babel has power pace and decisivness, have we seen any of this from Markus?
OK. Papin was 22 at the time and only played 5 international games in the whole year of 85/86. He scored twice. But not that he scored 20 goals for Brugge the same year, when Belgian football wasn't as bad as it is now. So I guess it's kind of unfair for Markus to bring such a name on the table.

I mean...... JPP is God you know !!

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » ma sep 19, 2005 9:30 pm

The critisism and rumours about Rosenberg are becoming louder and louder. He gets the poorest "grades" in the newspapers and to be honest, the newspapers are right. The pressure is high at Ajax, but I thought that he was above all that and just did his thing. His goal against Brondby wasn't beautyful, but Rosenberg was sharp. Now he constantly chooses the wrong move, waiting too long instead of ramming the ball through the net.

dws

Bericht door dws » ma sep 19, 2005 9:44 pm

Carcajou i think you misunderstand. I am being somewhat critical of Markus, but comparing his Eire divisie experience with that of Papin at Mexico '86 is not so unfair. Papin, just as Markus is, was making a huge step up in standards. Yes the Belgian league was one of the better competitions in 1980s european football, but Mexico 86 was quite some way above the level that Papin would have been used to. The same can be said about moving from Swedish football to the top flight in the Netherlands.

Markus needs time to develop , but Ajax do not have time to waste. Babel has to play as the striker for now. Remember , but for Koeman signing Charisteas, Babel would Have been the central striker for Ajax all second half of last season. Babel deserves his chance , it's time Blind showed as much faith in him, as a central striker , as he has shown Markus.

dws

Bericht door dws » ma sep 19, 2005 9:52 pm

Erie Divisie Not Eire. Ha Ha ! For a moment there i had Markus moving to Ireland :blush: ...... Markus Rosenberg to Cork City ! :headbang:

Only Joking .

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » ma sep 19, 2005 10:07 pm

dws schreef:Carcajou i think you misunderstand. I am being somewhat critical of Markus, but comparing his Eire divisie experience with that of Papin at Mexico '86 is not so unfair. Papin, just as Markus is, was making a huge step up in standards. Yes the Belgian league was one of the better competitions in 1980s european football, but Mexico 86 was quite some way above the level that Papin would have been used to. The same can be said about moving from Swedish football to the top flight in the Netherlands.

Markus needs time to develop , but Ajax do not have time to waste. Babel has to play as the striker for now. Remember , but for Koeman signing Charisteas, Babel would Have been the central striker for Ajax all second half of last season. Babel deserves his chance , it's time Blind showed as much faith in him, as a central striker , as he has shown Markus.
I think you have a point. In way Babel has more experience on this level. But who would play west wing?

Martin Sheen?

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » ma sep 19, 2005 10:25 pm

Who the hell is Martin Sheen, I say give Manucharyan a chance...and later on in the season give Dirk Boerrigter a chance. I still have faith in Marcus

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » di sep 20, 2005 12:32 am

dws schreef:Carcajou i think you misunderstand. I am being somewhat critical of Markus, but comparing his Eire divisie experience with that of Papin at Mexico '86 is not so unfair. Papin, just as Markus is, was making a huge step up in standards. Yes the Belgian league was one of the better competitions in 1980s european football, but Mexico 86 was quite some way above the level that Papin would have been used to. The same can be said about moving from Swedish football to the top flight in the Netherlands.

OK I get it. You're 100% right.

Gesloten