Ajacieden in Oranje

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

DanK

Bericht door DanK » do aug 18, 2005 11:15 pm

Carcajou schreef:
Manneken Pis schreef:Heitinga was poor
Breaking news..... Call the press... ;)
Yeah, I am not sure why Heitinga continually gets selected for Oranje...maybe its the Ajax connection?

Heitinga is a worry for Holland and Ajax.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » vr aug 19, 2005 2:19 am

It makes you wonder about the depth ,or lack of it, at his position.Wish I'd seen Netherlands v. Germany instead of the RIVETING :pukey: Latvia v. Russia and Romania v. Andorra contests shown here.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » vr aug 19, 2005 9:51 am

DanK schreef:
Carcajou schreef:
Manneken Pis schreef:Heitinga was poor
Breaking news..... Call the press... ;)
Yeah, I am not sure why Heitinga continually gets selected for Oranje...maybe its the Ajax connection?

Heitinga is a worry for Holland and Ajax.
Holland for sure hes being played in wrong positions. in the germany game he was a defensive midfielder?? and Vander vaart was told to give a more defensive option which is a nono
Get a Cock

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr aug 19, 2005 10:06 am

Okay, folks. I've said it before and I'll say it again: John Heitinga is - quite simply - not a very good football player.

He's enormously over-rated. Skill? A good long pass? Whatever. He doesn't have what it takes. Good football players make their mistakes in small games, but you can count on them in the big ones. With Heitinga it's the other way round. Nigel de Jong and Hedwiges Maduro could develop into top players. Heitinga lacks some key characteristics for that.

He is not Oranje material and probably not Ajax material either. Sorry, cos I like the kid, but this is the story.

K.
Still alive...

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » vr aug 19, 2005 10:22 am

I also think it's a matter of being able to trust in him. If his teammates constantly see him f"#k up on given situations it spreads worry around him in the team.

He works as a back up but nothing more in my book.

Btw, couldn't we name this thread "Ajacieden in Oranje and other national teams" instead. Seems silly to just discuss the Oranjes when we have so many other ones.... :xyxthumbs:
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » vr aug 19, 2005 11:13 am

Per schreef: Btw, couldn't we name this thread "Ajacieden in Oranje and other national teams" instead. Seems silly to just discuss the Oranjes when we have so many other ones.... :xyxthumbs:
We actually have a thread for Ajacieden in other national teams as well, even though it hasn't been very popular this far...

http://www.ajaxtalk.nl/portal/viewtopic ... highlight=
Has anyone seen the Limecat?

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » vr aug 19, 2005 11:27 am

jakobg schreef:
Per schreef: Btw, couldn't we name this thread "Ajacieden in Oranje and other national teams" instead. Seems silly to just discuss the Oranjes when we have so many other ones.... :xyxthumbs:
We actually have a thread for Ajacieden in other national teams as well, even though it hasn't been very popular this far...

Smart ass :D
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr aug 19, 2005 11:47 am

Per schreef:
jakobg schreef:

Smart ass :D
Question is: will the above conflict be start of a Swedish civil war...?

Maybe if we all put on a blue helmet and jump in between we can avoid it!

K.
Still alive...

Ayman

Heitinga

Bericht door Ayman » vr aug 19, 2005 1:57 pm

Manneken Pis wrote:
Heitinga was poor

Heitinga was not poor...he was unlucky..the germans got a free kick when he clearly touched the ball in the middle of the park. He did make one or two mistakes, he is a professional footballer and im sure he is aware of his weakness's people are forgeting that not so long ago he had recovered from a horrific injury and bounced back in style to win a place in the national colours for Euro2004, I think its only a matter of time before he becomes Escude's regular partner for Ajax and Boulahrouz's partner for Oranje.

carcajou

Re: Heitinga

Bericht door carcajou » vr aug 19, 2005 2:27 pm

Ayman schreef:Manneken Pis wrote:
Heitinga was poor

Heitinga was not poor...he was unlucky..the germans got a free kick when he clearly touched the ball in the middle of the park. He did make one or two mistakes, he is a professional footballer and im sure he is aware of his weakness's people are forgeting that not so long ago he had recovered from a horrific injury and bounced back in style to win a place in the national colours for Euro2004, I think its only a matter of time before he becomes Escude's regular partner for Ajax and Boulahrouz's partner for Oranje.
No way. No offence, but I think Grygera is just better.
meh :|

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » vr aug 19, 2005 2:30 pm

This is getting a little of topic but I like that :D

heitinga may be a poor footballer, but he sure has good taste in women, and that's all it counts. Plus, top clubs in europe dont think hes as bad :worshippy:
Get a Cock

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » vr aug 19, 2005 2:49 pm

Whats seems worrysome to me is not the fact that he`s good or bad, its the fact that he has been given the captains armband a couple of times, being as inconsistent as he is.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Manneken Pis

Re: Heitinga

Bericht door Manneken Pis » vr aug 19, 2005 4:36 pm

Ayman schreef:Manneken Pis wrote:
Heitinga was poor

Heitinga was not poor...he was unlucky..the germans got a free kick when he clearly touched the ball in the middle of the park. He did make one or two mistakes,.....
I would love to see his statistics from the game (Passes made (successful% v. unsuccessful%), tackles made (successful% v. unsuccessful%, e.t.c.)....I'm happy to be proved wrong but it just wasn't clicking was my percetion.
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

DanK

Bericht door DanK » za aug 20, 2005 4:24 am

Its funny that some players just have a reputation of being a good footballer when in reality they are far from it, yet they still get selected in the first 11 etc. Heitinga is just one of them, there are plenty of others around the world as well...however I am probably one of the worst footballers ever to have played the game so I'll just keep quite...oops to late :X

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do sep 01, 2005 4:24 pm

Marco van Basten just announced his definitive squad for the WC qualifiers against Armenia (away, Saturday) and Andorra (home, Wednesday). Three players have dropped out, namely Tim de Cler (AZ) and Ajacieden John Heitinga and Nigel de Jong. Makes perfect sense to me, given the way they played lately (if at all). It's ridiculous that Heitinga was selected in the first place.

Anyway: Holland will travel to Armenia tomorrow with the following squad:

Goalkeepers
Edwin van der Sar
Henk Timmer

Defenders
Khalid Boulahrouz
Wilfred Bouma
Jan Kromkamp
Giovanni van Bronckhorst
Theo Lucius
Barry Opdam

Midfielders
Phillip Cocu
Denny Landzaat
Hedwiges Maduro
Rafaël van der Vaart
Wesley Sneijder

Forwards
Ryan Babel
Dirk Kuyt
Ruud van Nistelrooij
Arjen Robben
Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink
Robin van Persie

Ajax's Edgar Manucharyan will be in the Armenian squad.

K.
Still alive...

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » vr sep 02, 2005 10:01 am

Bouma...omg...
Get a Cock

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr sep 02, 2005 7:25 pm

Expected Holland line-up (based on training) for tomorrow's game in Armenia...

--------------------------- Van der Sar --------------------------------

Kromkamp ---- Boulahrouz ------ Opdam ------ Van Bronckhorst

------ Landzaat ----------- Maduro ------------ Cocu ----------------

--- Kuyt -------------- Van Nistelrooy -------- Van Persie -----------

Hedwiges Maduro will probably be the only Ajacied in the starting eleven. Edgar Manucharyan will most definitely start for Armenia. He normally plays as a striker or 'number ten' for his country, so he will probably bump into Maduro quite a lot!

K.
Still alive...

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » za sep 03, 2005 1:14 am

Holland definatley need a right winger, if only De Ridder played more, or if Andy was actually a better player.
Get a Cock

Frans

Bericht door Frans » za sep 03, 2005 2:09 am

ZoefdeHaas schreef:Holland definatley need a right winger, if only De Ridder played more, or if Andy was actually a better player.
Kuijt and Robben on the wings is working well. van Persie as backup. what's the problem?

Mr. Ajax

Bericht door Mr. Ajax » za sep 03, 2005 9:13 am

The problem is that Kuyt isn't actually a right-winger, and that in order to see and enjoy attractive football we will simply have to find a real right-winger to take Kuyt's place. Don't get me wrong, he's been playing ery good on that position, but good is not quite the same as attractive...
- Je bent net zolang gestoord tot je een genie bent -

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za sep 03, 2005 9:45 am

Mr. Ajax schreef:The problem is that Kuyt isn't actually a right-winger, and that in order to see and enjoy attractive football we will simply have to find a real right-winger to take Kuyt's place. Don't get me wrong, he's been playing very good on that position, but good is not quite the same as attractive...
I'll have a 'good' player rather than an 'attractive' one, any second of the day, if the attractive one ain't good... It starts with being good. After that, you can start thinking about entertaining people (the Dutch will if they're good enough for it; the Italians still won't). A simple, accurate pass from Dirk Kuyt is more attractive than an inaccurate one by Andy van der Meyde.

You can have a genuine intention to play offensively and attractively, but if everybody does everything wrong it can never be attractive. It will be a f*cking mess (see: AFC Ajax, 2003-2005). Accuracy is what makes it attractive. It's a requirement.

By the way: Dirk Kuyt's skill is tremendously under-rated. He's a much better, mich more skillful (and much more attractive) footballer than I ever thought he would be when he still played for Utrecht.

K.
Still alive...

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » za sep 03, 2005 10:51 am

I think Kuyt is a better striker than Nistelrooy though, and Makaay is always injured or not as good in the national as he is at Bayern.
Get a Cock

Mr. Ajax

Bericht door Mr. Ajax » za sep 03, 2005 12:39 pm

I'll have a 'good' player rather than an 'attractive' one, any second of the day, if the attractive one ain't good... It starts with being good. After that, you can start thinking about entertaining people (the Dutch will if they're good enough for it; the Italians still won't). A simple, accurate pass from Dirk Kuyt is more attractive than an inaccurate one by Andy van der Meyde.

You can have a genuine intention to play offensively and attractively, but if everybody does everything wrong it can never be attractive. It will be a f*cking mess (see: AFC Ajax, 2003-2005). Accuracy is what makes it attractive. It's a requirement.

By the way: Dirk Kuyt's skill is tremendously under-rated. He's a much better, mich more skillful (and much more attractive) footballer than I ever thought he would be when he still played for Utrecht.

This coming from an AJAX-fan? The point i was trying to make was that I would rather see attractive, entertaining football and enjoy, rather than just decent, good, yet boring football. I would rather play amazingly offensive and attractive football against AC Milan and lose, than play like AC Milan and win... But you obviously have a different opinion.
- Je bent net zolang gestoord tot je een genie bent -

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » za sep 03, 2005 1:24 pm

Mr. Ajax schreef: This coming from an AJAX-fan? The point i was trying to make was that I would rather see attractive, entertaining football and enjoy, rather than just decent, good, yet boring football. I would rather play amazingly offensive and attractive football against AC Milan and lose, than play like AC Milan and win... But you obviously have a different opinion.
Well enough of that bullshit loser philosophy. At some point you gotta be efficient or you end up being a loser..... People reminds Holland 74 with nostalgy, but they LOST the final against the Germs (the same goes for 98 or even 2000). That's the point.

And by the way Kuijt IS entertaining, he is entertaining in a classic way : good skills, nothing fancy, but tremendous fighting spirit and GOALS. He'll never be Van Basten or Ronaldo but I, for one, enjoy his simplicity, even if he is a Feyenoord player (not liking players just because they play for a club is stupid to begin with, in particular in 2005 with the Bosman ruling and stuff).
meh :|

DanK

Bericht door DanK » za sep 03, 2005 2:24 pm

Carcajou schreef:And by the way Kuijt IS entertaining, he is entertaining in a classic way : good skills, nothing fancy, but tremendous fighting spirit and GOALS. He'll never be Van Basten or Ronaldo but I, for one, enjoy his simplicity, even if he is a Feyenoord player (not liking players just because they play for a club is stupid to begin with, in particular in 2005 with the Bosman ruling and stuff).
Agreed...Kuijt is a wonderful footballer. His determanation to get the ball and help in the defense puts players like Mr Sneijder to shame. If this guy had the red stripe going down the centre of his shirt rather than on one side, we would all love him.

Ajax need 1 or 2 players like this on the field...actually this sort of determination is EXACTLY what the team is missing.

Plaats reactie