New Players for Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

bryan

Bericht door bryan » di dec 20, 2005 12:53 am

Huntelaar is good, but I'm not sure if he's worth 6 million euros.

Herenveen are going to offload him for 6 million and sign Liam Kearney (the best Irish left winger after Damien Duff) off Cork City for nada. That's good business.

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » di dec 20, 2005 12:54 am

Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:
Heitinga and Grygera can both play right back and i believe Boakye also play's that position at Jong Ajax. We were interested in some chap from Anderlecht, cant really recall his name Van den Borre???? or something like that.

in my view, heitinga and grygera being able to play right back is a bonus, and should not be there proper position - if trabelsi and de jong leave, we need a natural, regular right back... like van den borre or cicinho (extended loan if the new real coach doesn't want him?) ;)
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di dec 20, 2005 1:02 am

bryan schreef:Herenveen are going to offload him for 6 million and sign Liam Kearney (the best Irish left winger after Damien Duff) off Cork City for nada. That's good business.
They always do good business. They are very, very smart on the transfer market. Van Nistelrooy, Sibon, Huntelaar... They all scored a sh*tload of goals for Heerenveen. And they always come up with some good Scandinavians. They can always sell their players for very good money.

Their scouting must be truly excellent. A million times better than ours, that's for sure...

(BTW: Väyrynen finally made his début for PSV this weekend and scored immediately. He joined them from Heerenveen this summer, but missed the first months of the season due to injury).

K.
Still alive...

bryan

Bericht door bryan » di dec 20, 2005 1:27 am

Heerenveen are the best run club in Holland, by far. Denneboom is another player that they managed to flog after he scored a goal or two.

Their scounting is great too, as you say. The big clubs scout all the good players in the small leagues, so Heerenveen is left to scout all the good players in the tiny leagues, and don't they do it well. It's not like it's difficult though, Liam Kearney is clearly a good player who was born to play linksvoor in the Dutch league, you just have to have the scouts there watching the matches, but I get the feeling most clubs couldn't be bothered going to the trouble of setting up a professional scouting system. I could never be bothered doing it in Championship Manager either, so I can't blame them... :D

If only we could sack the Ajax board and scouts and replace them with their Heerenveen counterparts. Imagine what they could achieve with our budget... For six million euros they'd buy us a whole team.

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » di dec 20, 2005 4:49 am

Heitinga can play rightback, he's quite good at it, dont know what happened to Escude.

Heerenveen get good lads from their northern connection such as Scandenavia and such, they probbaly could have gotten Rosenberg half the price, mainly since Malmo knew Ajax had the money from VdV transfer.

Anyways lets bring Klaas in, and get some goals between him, Rosenberg and a few sublimes from Sneijder :headbang:
Get a Cock

DanK

Bericht door DanK » di dec 20, 2005 10:15 am

bryan schreef:...but I get the feeling most clubs couldn't be bothered going to the trouble of setting up a professional scouting system. I could never be bothered doing it in Championship Manager either, so I can't blame them... :D
LOL...So it wasn't just me then? I used to send the scouts off, they would say this guys good, that guys crap etc. Then I would forget they even existed for about 2 seasons...totally off the topic of this post, but man I love that game. :xyxthumbs:

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » di dec 20, 2005 10:53 am

Dutch teletext reported last night that Ron Vlaar has been fined by AZ for comments made to a newspaper (basically saying Van Gaal is keeping him on the bench because he won't sign a new contract).

A bit more unrest on that from and we may pick him up over the winterbreak with JKH.
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di dec 20, 2005 11:28 am

What we need is wingers
Appie, stay strong !

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » di dec 20, 2005 2:17 pm

With this "new formation" wingers are out of the question, but if Ajax are to revert to their 4-3-3, I 100% agree with you.
Get a Cock

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di dec 20, 2005 3:09 pm

Manneken Pis schreef:Dutch teletext reported last night that Ron Vlaar has been fined by AZ for comments made to a newspaper (basically saying Van Gaal is keeping him on the bench because he won't sign a new contract). A bit more unrest on that from and we may pick him up over the winterbreak with JKH.
What Vlaar said literally was that Van Gaal is "blackmailing" him... Not a very smart thing to say, especially when you're very young and your coach is Louis van Gaal...

By the way: it doesn't look like we will sign him. Martin van Geel was in FC Godenzonen on AT5 the other day and he admitted that Ajax have talked to AZ, but he said that AZ demand a really outrageous fee (reportedly 3.5 million euros) and that they quit the talks about two weeks ago.

Vlaar and his agent, Arnold Oosterveer, are outraged with AZ. They think the fee they demand for Vlaar is ridiculous and they want to force a break with an arbitration case (basically asking a judge to determine a reasonable fee).

We'll see what happens. It's not a priority to me. I like Vlaar, but I'd say: let's do it if we can get him for 1.5 million or less. He's U-20, currently on the stands at AZ and he's played only a handful of first team games.

K.
Still alive...

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » di dec 20, 2005 3:54 pm

I dont rate him that highly either, I think Kruijswijk or someone else is better
Dat Klaas Jan Huntelaar zijn carrière wil voortzetten bij Ajax komt enigszins als een verrassing. Ook AZ en Feyenoord hebben concrete interesse in de aanvaller van SC Heerenveen. In het Algemeen Dagblad doet Huntelaar uit de doeken waarom zijn persoonlijke voorkeur uitgaat naar Ajax.
'Mijn keuze voor Ajax is er een op basis van meerdere aspecten. Dan moet je denken aan de speelwijze, hoe de trainer over voetbal in het algemeen denkt, aan het shirt en de historie. Ik wil in een aanvallende ploeg spelen, dicht bij de goal in een kleine ruimte vlakbij de zestien meter en het liefst met vleugelspitsen.'

'Ik voel dat ik toe ben aan een volgende stap. Die zou er sowieso zijn gekomen deze zomer of anders medio 2007 als mijn contract bij Heerenveen afloopt.'

'Over het moment dat ik nu bij Ajax instap kun je dubben. Ik denk dat je dat het best doet aan het begin van een seizoen als alles en iedereen weer op nul begint. Maar Ajax wil me nu meteen en dat is verder prima.'

Bang voor de hoge verwachtingen in Amsterdam is Huntelaar niet. 'Bij Feyenoord zal straks elke volgende spits worden vergeleken met Dirk Kuijt, bij Ajax gebeurt dat met Ibrahimovic. Als je daarvan wakker ligt, kun je nooit bij Ajax spelen. Daar heeft ook ene Johan Cruijff rondgelopen.'
Get a Cock

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di dec 20, 2005 7:07 pm

I believe we are now promoting Robbie Schilder to the first team . He is a central defender.
In which case why do we need an AZ reserve.

PS I notice the made up story about Ajax possibly loaning him to Ipswich has found itself on the front page of Ajax USA under newslinks. As I have already said this is a made up story by Sky sports who assumed Schilder must be a young striker because he scored 2 goals.

AjaxPDX

Bericht door AjaxPDX » di dec 20, 2005 9:04 pm

Vanden Borre would be a great signing. He can play in defense or in the defensive holding midfield role. Kind of like De Jong can play both roles. I'm not saying he's as good as Nigel as of today, but he's only 18 years old, I think, and he's already in the Belgium national squad, so he certainly has a bright future ahead of him.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » di dec 20, 2005 9:24 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vanden Borre would be a great signing. He can play in defense or in the defensive holding midfield role. Kind of like De Jong can play both roles. I'm not saying he's as good as Nigel as of today, but he's only 18 years old, I think, and he's already in the Belgium national squad, so he certainly has a bright future ahead of him.

No more belgians at Ajax please . He is too young and inexperienced to excel in the champions league or in a big domestic fixture. Btw....Robbert Schilder is left footed and Vlaar is right footed, thats why Ajax are kind of pursuing Vlaar

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » di dec 20, 2005 10:56 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:
Manneken Pis schreef:Dutch teletext reported last night that Ron Vlaar has been fined by AZ for comments made to a newspaper (basically saying Van Gaal is keeping him on the bench because he won't sign a new contract). A bit more unrest on that from and we may pick him up over the winterbreak with JKH.
What Vlaar said literally was that Van Gaal is "blackmailing" him... Not a very smart thing to say, especially when you're very young and your coach is Louis van Gaal...

By the way: it doesn't look like we will sign him. Martin van Geel was in FC Godenzonen on AT5 the other day and he admitted that Ajax have talked to AZ, but he said that AZ demand a really outrageous fee (reportedly 3.5 million euros) and that they quit the talks about two weeks ago.

Vlaar and his agent, Arnold Oosterveer, are outraged with AZ. They think the fee they demand for Vlaar is ridiculous and they want to force a break with an arbitration case (basically asking a judge to determine a reasonable fee).

We'll see what happens. It's not a priority to me. I like Vlaar, but I'd say: let's do it if we can get him for 1.5 million or less. He's U-20, currently on the stands at AZ and he's played only a handful of first team games.

K.
Dont give them bastards anything, Vlaar want's to come to ajax and no team will buy him at that price.His contract ends soon let's just get him on a free transfer come august.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Pablo.V

Bericht door Pablo.V » wo dec 21, 2005 9:58 pm

About vlaar, i am not sure if we need him and defenetly not for 3.5 M. If he comes for free it's a diferent story. I never saw him play but according to the rummors he is talented defender. But we already have young defenders (heitinga,emanuelson,vermaelen,shilder on his way to the first squad and maduro). Ajax need a rock solid and experienced defender like stam that will organize the back line rather then another rokkie . As for the midfield apart from the wingers that all of you mentioned i really believe that # 10 the playmaker or the new litmanen has to be found , ajax really miss him!! and the defensive midfielder(davids/gatusso) kind of player that will be the engine and the leader of the team(lindenbergh and galasek don't have this kind of quality)

AjaxPDX

Bericht door AjaxPDX » do dec 22, 2005 12:59 am

Looks like Vlaar is set to go to Tottenham for 2.5 million Euros...

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... 12&cc=5739

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » do dec 22, 2005 1:12 am

Pablo.V schreef:Ajax need a rock solid and experienced defender like stam that will organize the back line rather then another rokkie.
Anyone in Israel that fits the above description and is available for the task?

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » do dec 22, 2005 2:12 am

Let's get Huth.
Get a Cock

dws

Bericht door dws » do dec 22, 2005 2:35 am

I think Juan Fran and Grygera fit the description of rock solid and exerienced. We also have Johnny Heitinga coming back to form. Ajax should persuade these players to stay with the club for the next 3 seasons at least.If we are to sign a new player it would make most sense to go for Kromkamp; Trabelsi is leaving we will need a proven performer at right back.

Van der Vaart

Bericht door Van der Vaart » do dec 22, 2005 3:47 am

dws schreef:I think Juan Fran and Grygera fit the description of rock solid and exerienced. We also have Johnny Heitinga coming back to form. Ajax should persuade these players to stay with the club for the next 3 seasons at least.If we are to sign a new player it would make most sense to go for Kromkamp; Trabelsi is leaving we will need a proven performer at right back.
yes Kromkamp i think is good for ajax..

Marten
kromkamp /heitinga /gryg /juan fran

Maduro /Sneijder /Galasek

Rosales /Huntelaar / Babel

its a pretty good team...

Van der Vaart

Bericht door Van der Vaart » do dec 22, 2005 3:50 am

ZoefdeHaas schreef:Let's get Huth.
No ,Please...

lets get Opdam or Mathijsen...I think we need just one more Defense...

Opdam or Mathijsen are good for ajax

akieden

Bericht door akieden » do dec 22, 2005 4:24 am

Do not buy new players until we can't find appropriate substitiutes from our youth or alternatives in the current squad. That's unnecessary to get Opdam or Mathijsen because Heitinga and Vermaelen recently played very well(send Grygera to the bench ;) ). But it's absolutely right to land Kromkamp. As for Vlaar, let it be, if he can't come, we still have Boakye and Shield as backed, 3.5m is too high to accept, I'd rather wait until 2007

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » do dec 22, 2005 7:30 am

In Van der Vaart's line-up I still miss somebody who will lead and organize the defense. True, all four(kromkamp /heitinga /gryg /juan fran) are good defenders with some attacking qualities as well. But leadership and organizational skills are still missing. I would love for Chivu to make his reapearance at Ajax. He's good at that and he also has the defensive and attacking qualities. Sell Grygera if we're up for the money, Vermaelen is a likely substitute for him anyway.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do dec 22, 2005 12:44 pm

According to press today Vlaar is going from AZ reserves to Spurs reserves for £1.7m £ 2.5m Euros. I get the impression that AZ are determined to price Ajax out of this.

Gesloten