Players Leaving Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » zo okt 29, 2006 8:19 pm

I think that the one thing that could be in favour of Wesley actually waiting at Ajax for the remainder of the season is the fact that he became a father only a few months back. He appears to be a very family orientated person and i honestly cant see him uprooting his wife and 6 month old baby to move to another country so soon.

Moving to another country is a traumatic enough experience no matter what job you are in without the added pressure of having a wife and baby to cope with too.

If anything a summer move would suit all concerned and give him and family time to adapt to new surroundings.
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » ma okt 30, 2006 9:14 am

jamcocteau schreef:I think that the one thing that could be in favour of Wesley actually waiting at Ajax for the remainder of the season is the fact that he became a father only a few months back. He appears to be a very family orientated person and i honestly cant see him uprooting his wife and 6 month old baby to move to another country so soon.

Moving to another country is a traumatic enough experience no matter what job you are in without the added pressure of having a wife and baby to cope with too.

If anything a summer move would suit all concerned and give him and family time to adapt to new surroundings.
Having moved several times with young 'uns, babies 6 months old are easy to move, it's when school starts it's more difficult (socially and academicaly), but anyway....that's moving as a "normal person....clubs have resources these days to get over these issues. Having said all of that, I also hope and think he'll see out the season.
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma okt 30, 2006 10:14 am

Martin van Geel has said that the fans don't have to worry: no transfers in January. Ajax want to finish the season with this squad.

And yes: Van Geel is one of those 'suits' I do trust.

K.
Still alive...

raymon
Site Admin & AT WC 2014 winner, Toto winner 16/17
Contacteer:

Bericht door raymon » ma okt 30, 2006 10:58 am

The only exception might be Grygera. I can't imagine that if a club wants to sign him for 5M in the January transfer slot, MvG will let him walk out of the door for free 5 months later.

Not that any club will do that, but still...
"De waarheid is een geheel van maatschappelijk geaccepteerde leugens"

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma okt 30, 2006 12:29 pm

We would not get more than 2m euros for Grygera but if anyone makes an offer in Jan we would probably sell. However that might leave us short of a defender.

English press are still on about KJH going to Moan u in Jan for 17m euros but in view of the fact he does not want to leave and V Geel has said no sales etc in January this seems just our press making stories although Moan U probably do like the look of him alomg with a dozen other strikers!!!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di okt 31, 2006 2:56 pm

Babel has evidently said he wont renew his contract currently 2008. We have no option than to sell him .If not Jan then next summer.

KJH states he would have to listen to offers.

These 2 might not go in Jan but along with Wes I expect them to go in summer.

Babel going too early we can put down to Van Basten picking him for Orange when he was still a young sub for us. I expect he fancies Milan where he will be paid alot of money for sitting on the bench. He is still one for the future and I think is making a big mistake.

Have Ajax made any comments in the Dutch media about Babel??? They cannot afford to keep him to the end of his contract.If he wants out I would tell him to go in January.

Players who do not want to renew contracts should be sold asap. Babel and Grygera must be unloaded this January.We cannot keep letting all our players go on Bosmans.

SwedishFan

Bericht door SwedishFan » zo nov 05, 2006 9:52 am

L'Equipe wrote yesterday that Olympique Lyonnais wants to sign Markus Rosenberg (!). Today this is the breaking news in swedish sportpapers. Lyon is ready to offer 60 million swedish crowns (6,5 million euro) for Rosenberg.

If this happens, would it mean we have to sign a new "second striker"?

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di nov 21, 2006 5:53 pm

A report in english from ten Cate. Grygera could go in Winter break if a decent bid comes in.Rosenberg wont go and Urby and KJH are going nowhere especially to Newcastle.

With all the transfer rumours it is making me think that come next summer we are going to have another big clear out. Hopefully not too many Bosmans.

Grygera Sneijder and Babel will go and I doubt whether Rosenberg or Rosales will stay either.

We may be lucky in keeping Urby and KJH until summer of 2008.

Maduro and Heintinga only have contracts to 2008 so if they do not want to sign extensions they too will go.

Add to that Roger and Gabri are far from certain to stay in Holland plus Lindenbergh and krohn Dehli are very much fringe players and you see what I mean.

PSV themselves lose players every summer but they seem to only lose 3/4
at most. Until we stop seeing half the squad disappear every summer we are going to struggle to win even the championship.

PS
Not many of the players who have gone in the last 3 years have set the world on fire. Zlatan and Chivu basically. Escude is doing Ok in Sevilla .
VD Vaart is playing with a non descript Germany team and What ever happened to De Jong!! Can anyone remember where Van De Meyde is these days and when did he last play. (Everton and last March )
Maxwell does not get in to the Inter team and Trabelsi plays in Midfield when he plays for Man City ( they have an 18 year old right back called Richards) Most of our sales have disappeared into non descript teams!!!

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » di nov 21, 2006 7:15 pm

To be fair to de Jong, he's been injured. Although he was a case of getting too big for his own good because of getting called up after a period of good play a couple of years ago. He started to believe his own press, and that was it, as far as I'm concerned. My gripe about calling these Jong Ajax players up to Oranje is pretty well known (and shared by several) at this point.

VdV has been playing pretty well at Hamburg, and Trabelsi is beginning to look pretty good for Man City.

But in general, I think you're right. Our sales haven't been setting the world on fire, although if we're getting decent value for them, then it's not a bad thing, right? :hypocrite:
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo nov 22, 2006 12:56 pm

Would agree that VDV is playing well for Hamburg and the goal he scored last night was top drawer.Hamburg are a struggling club this season and not top drawer. Agree Trabelsi is playing well but again Man City are not top drawer, just a very modest Premiership club.

I was just trying to show that we have had many very good players in the last 3/4 years but mainly they have not gone to really big clubs.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » wo nov 22, 2006 2:34 pm

SPL schreef:Would agree that VDV is playing well for Hamburg and the goal he scored last night was top drawer.Hamburg are a struggling club this season and not top drawer. Agree Trabelsi is playing well but again Man City are not top drawer, just a very modest Premiership club.

I was just trying to show that we have had many very good players in the last 3/4 years but mainly they have not gone to really big clubs.
Yes, perhaps our piss-poor management of those days was the reason for that. You know, rats from a sinking ship.

Speaking of de Jong, I wonder if he's already past his prime. He talked a good game, and played really well for a while, but I wonder if he hasn't let it get to his head. :sad:
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Frans

Bericht door Frans » do nov 23, 2006 7:01 am

aveslacker schreef: Speaking of de Jong, I wonder if he's already past his prime. He talked a good game, and played really well for a while, but I wonder if he hasn't let it get to his head. :sad:
He really should have concentrated on being a right-back, instead of playing in the midfield.

Bert
Contacteer:

Bericht door Bert » do nov 23, 2006 2:50 pm

I don't know where you're all getting this from, but Babel has never stated he wants to leave. His manager has said they will talk about a new contract when Ajax makes them an offer.
Nog steeds eens met Boem.

En met niemand anders!

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » vr nov 24, 2006 3:30 am

Bertje schreef:I don't know where you're all getting this from, but Babel has never stated he wants to leave. His manager has said they will talk about a new contract when Ajax makes them an offer.
Nice, if true off course. You know the drill, it´s always the same. Ajax offer a contract, the player refuses and then goes abroad. Most off the time it´s just a facade too avoid any controversy before the summer.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Markus Rosenberg

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo dec 24, 2006 9:06 am

According to Spanish newspaper AS, Primera Division outfit Levante are seriously interested in signing Markus Rosenberg (our old mate Juanfran is also playing for them).

This report comes a couple of days after Martin van Geel stated that there is no official interest in any Ajax player at the moment. Van Geel also stated that the players who want to leave Ajax (Rosenberg, Lindenbergh) will only be sold - not loaned out.

K.
Still alive...

Jinne
Site Admin
Contacteer:

Bericht door Jinne » zo dec 24, 2006 9:31 am

Juanfran is playing for Zaragoza Ko.
He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy!

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » zo dec 24, 2006 2:37 pm

After this afternoon's spectacular second half display may I suggest the whole team :sad:
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » zo dec 24, 2006 2:39 pm

Over Pasanens Head schreef:After this afternoon's spectacular second half display may I suggest the whole team :sad:
but who do you think would sign them ??
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » zo dec 24, 2006 2:42 pm

SE6Ajacied schreef:
Over Pasanens Head schreef:After this afternoon's spectacular second half display may I suggest the whole team :sad:
but who do you think would sign them ??
I wouldn't wish them on anybody not even Feyenoord - but hey come to think of it........................................
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

dws

Bericht door dws » zo dec 24, 2006 2:54 pm

Beat me to it. :D

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » do dec 28, 2006 9:04 pm

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr dec 29, 2006 2:18 pm

Just more newspaper talk. Barca will be looking at loads of left backs and Urby
is just one of them. A couple of weeks ago he said he was not ready for a move abroad . Having watched a few Barca games this season I dont think Urby is ready for such a move.(Neither my son nor I could see Sneijder getting a regular game at Barca let alone Urby)

They have plenty of midfielders and Van Bronkhorst has signed for another season as leftback.

This season Urby seems to have played as much in midfield as full back,which do you think he will end up in ?? HTC must rate his attacking qualities more than his defending!!

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » di jan 09, 2007 2:07 pm

According to the English press the Arse want Babel....
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » di jan 09, 2007 2:20 pm

Yeah, I saw that as well. They are also rumoured to be trying to sign Hatem Trabelsi from Man. City.

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » di jan 09, 2007 2:45 pm

This is aomething about grygera and leonardo

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hli ... or+Grygera

Plaats reactie