New Players for Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr dec 09, 2005 12:46 am

I believe Vlaar's contract runs out in 2007.

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » vr dec 09, 2005 9:59 am

dws schreef:
jamcocteau schreef:
dws schreef:
Sorry to go back to this old chestnut but still disagree with you - one good season out of 5 at Ibrox. And if he is so good in the midfield, why is he not playing there this season.

So Co rates him. Fine but then again he can be wrong about players too. If Ricksen is so good why are no other clubs at the door trying to sign him. Considering this is the worst team in the history of Rangers and short of cash then think he could be got on the cheap by somebody.

And with regard to him cleaning up his act, not from what I have heard back in Glasgow about his behavior on evenings out allegedly and that is one of the reasons his performances have been poor . The only season where Ricksen had actually got himself sorted out off the pitch was last season and it showed because yes, he did have a good season, player of the year at awards ceremony.

Anyway will give you a laugh here is Fernandos quotes from a Scottish paper yesterday about Alex McLeish

He said: "This result makes Alex McLeish the best manager in the country ever - he is the first boss to qualify from the group stages since the Champions League started.

"There can be no arguments about that because it is there in black and white."

Eh better than Jock Stein at Celtic or Alex Ferguson at Aberdeen - aye right Fernando.

:D
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

dws

Bericht door dws » vr dec 09, 2005 1:17 pm

And with regard to him cleaning up his act, not from what I have heard back in Glasgow about his behavior on evenings out allegedly
The operative being Allegedly.
Anyway will give you a laugh here is Fernandos quotes from a Scottish paper yesterday about Alex McLeish

He said: "This result makes Alex McLeish the best manager in the country ever - he is the first boss to qualify from the group stages since the Champions League started.

"There can be no arguments about that because it is there in black and white."

He is being supportive of his boss. What has that got to do with his playing ability ?

I was suggesting Ricksen as an example of an aggressive type player Ajax lack in the midfield. Nec seem to be doing rather well with the much maligned Bjorn Van der Doelen employed as a Davids type ball winner.I think Ricksen is a somewhat better player than Van der Doelen.

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » vr dec 09, 2005 2:17 pm

The word allegedly being put there for a reason :D which is quite common to do in UK net chat rooms.

The quotes re what he said were put on to bring a bit of relief to the subject as it is quite obvious we are going to diasgree about his playing ability. You think he is a good player, I think not - can we at least agree on that.

I just thought myself that it was quite funny that he should come out with these quotes whilst we were discussing him and thought you might like to see them, no other reason.
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

dws

Bericht door dws » vr dec 09, 2005 8:41 pm

jamcocteau schreef:The word allegedly being put there for a reason :D which is quite common to do in UK net chat rooms.

The quotes re what he said were put on to bring a bit of relief to the subject as it is quite obvious we are going to diasgree about his playing ability. You think he is a good player, I think not - can we at least agree on that.

I just thought myself that it was quite funny that he should come out with these quotes whilst we were discussing him and thought you might like to see them, no other reason.
No problem jamcocteau, we are allowed to disagree. :xyxthumbs:

Yes, Ricksen's remarks are quite funny. I'm just a bit of a po faced bastard at times :D

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » za dec 10, 2005 3:28 am

Fernando PRICK-sen? Sorry, Became a Celtic fan when living in Belfast in the early 80's.Tough nut is right.It's not the tough part that bothers me,it's the NUT part.

Give me Kromkamp or give me death!!!! Or something like that.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » za dec 10, 2005 11:13 am

I think he is too old (he was born in 1976, so he is almost 30) and I don't remember any great game of him, so I don't understand why we should buy him? Let's try to buy someone better and younger.

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » di dec 13, 2005 3:19 pm

AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

Pablo.V

Bericht door Pablo.V » za dec 17, 2005 11:16 pm

Hello to every one, please tell me what the hell is going on with ajax's interest in klaas-huntelar, this lad just cant stop scoring, he added another pair of goals against twente which rises his tally to 14 goals in 12 league games + 3 in 6 uefa cup!!! PLEASE BUY HIM NOW before someone else will. He is surely the next big thing in holland :eusa_pray:

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo dec 18, 2005 12:16 am

Pablo.V schreef:Hello to every one, please tell me what the hell is going on with ajax's interest in klaas-huntelar, this lad just cant stop scoring, he added another pair of goals against twente which rises his tally to 14 goals in 12 league games + 3 in 6 uefa cup!!! PLEASE BUY HIM NOW before someone else will. He is surely the next big thing in holland :eusa_pray:
Welcome, Pablo. Good to have you here on Ajax Talk.

For starters, I absolutely 100% agree with your first post...

K.
Still alive...

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » zo dec 18, 2005 1:39 am

So what happened to their interest?
Get a Cock

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » zo dec 18, 2005 8:06 pm

I too would like to see Ajax have the options of running out a Huntelaar-Rosenberg pairing up front . Definitely one of two priorities , the other being steel in mf, during winterstop.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

dws

Bericht door dws » zo dec 18, 2005 8:41 pm

Would be nice to get Huntelaar. How about Jenner for the right wing?

LouisXIV & co

Bericht door LouisXIV & co » zo dec 18, 2005 10:26 pm

dws schreef:Would be nice to get Huntelaar. How about Jenner for the right wing?
Exactly what I thought today.
Zé of zeehond, rookies huren voor een jaar is ongezond!

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo dec 18, 2005 11:28 pm

Jenner... Interesting player. He looked quite good today. Stranegly enough, Jenner had a good game, but his marker (Juanfran) had a good game as well. Very good battle between those two.

NAC have good wingers, I must say. I liked Jenner and Ajax were interested in the other one (Diba) a few years ago. Both are better wingers than the ones we have been using so far.

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma dec 19, 2005 12:23 am

dws schreef:Would be nice to get Huntelaar.
According to Hugo Borst in Studio Voetbal Huntelaar will indeed join Ajax. In the winter break. Borst claims that Huntelaar turned Feyenoord down for us.

K.
Still alive...

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » ma dec 19, 2005 5:03 am

Kowalczyk schreef:
dws schreef:Would be nice to get Huntelaar.
According to Hugo Borst in Studio Voetbal Huntelaar will indeed join Ajax. In the winter break. Borst claims that Huntelaar turned Feyenoord down for us.

K.
That's great news K but if he does come to amsterdam we will be stock full of strikers, does this mean bye bye to Yannis????
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma dec 19, 2005 12:54 pm

Breaking news, ladies and gentlemen: NOS Teletekst reports that Ajax and 'The Hunter' (that's Klaas-Jan Huntelaar...) have reached an agreement on the terms of his contract.

It's now all about reaching a deal with Heerenveen. The transfer fee will be high (they wanted 6 million euros last season, but that will be more now that Ajax, AZ, Hamburger SV and Feyenoord are after him).

Fair chance that Ajax will want to sell one of the strikers from the current squad. Safe bet that it will be Chari.

K.
Still alive...

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » ma dec 19, 2005 1:43 pm

I'd say Yannis, Chari has just got back form injury and done reasonably well, Anastasiou is too inconsistant.
'Huntelaar en Ajax akkoord, H'veen nog niet'

Klaas Jan Huntelaar vertrekt mogelijk snel naar Ajax. De spits van SC Heerenveen is het persoonlijk al eens geworden met de Amsterdammers. Met de Friezen moet Ajax nog wel tot een akkoord komen. 'Zo ver is het nog niet, en daar wil ik het graag bij laten.'
Get a Cock

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma dec 19, 2005 1:54 pm

ZoefdeHaas schreef:I'd say Yannis, Chari has just got back form injury and done reasonably well, Anastasiou is too inconsistant.
Yeah - of course you're right, but the reason why we have to sell one of the strikers is because we need to cover a part of the fee for Huntelaar. For Yannis we're not gonna get a penny. All we can do with him is not extend his deal and let him go.

No, we need to sell someone for good money. Hopefully we'll be be able to get some money for De Jong and Pienaar in January. If we have to sell one of the strikers I would say let's go for Harry. He's got a good contract and he's scored a few goals this season, so it should be possible to get at least 3 million for him. Who knows we can get the whole fee back (we paid 4.5 for him).

That will cover a part of the Huntelaar fee, which will reportedly be somewhere between 8 and 10 million.

K.
Still alive...

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » ma dec 19, 2005 2:17 pm

Well it could be possible that if including Yannis, the fee Heerenveen would ask will lessen, but like you said Ko, Chari would get the big one.

Probably transfer from Pienaar, De Jong, possible Trabelsi and Maxwell will be enough. May even be enough to grab Vlaar along the way
Get a Cock

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » ma dec 19, 2005 7:28 pm

ZoefdeHaas schreef:Well it could be possible that if including Yannis, the fee Heerenveen would ask will lessen, but like you said Ko, Chari would get the big one.

Probably transfer from Pienaar, De Jong, possible Trabelsi and Maxwell will be enough. May even be enough to grab Vlaar along the way
if we sell all these players, we will need to find a right back
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » ma dec 19, 2005 7:28 pm

Escudé will probably be sold too, now can someone tell me what type of Striker Klass is ??? Is he the next Kuyt???. His physique is like Rosenberg's they even have the same height i believe. One thing's for sure the kid can score and he will only get better at Ajax.
If Harry does go that means he'll(Huntelaar) be given #9 :headbang: .
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » ma dec 19, 2005 7:31 pm

bluedaddy19 schreef:
ZoefdeHaas schreef:Well it could be possible that if including Yannis, the fee Heerenveen would ask will lessen, but like you said Ko, Chari would get the big one.

if we sell all these players, we will need to find a right back
Heitinga and Grygera can both play right back and i believe Boakye also play's that position at Jong Ajax. We were interested in some chap from Anderlecht, cant really recall his name Van den Borre???? or something like that.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma dec 19, 2005 8:00 pm

The big question in Jan will be if we sell Trabelsi and De jong, who will replace them?? Could well see Grygera play at right back but we need another midfielder . If only De Jong was staying until 2007 summer we could then have
Jeffrey Sarpong , hopefully ready by then !!!

Gesloten