Players Leaving Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za jan 28, 2006 2:39 pm

I forgot this was the players leaving posting so I will come back to that.

Maxwell is reported to be signing for Inter for 1m euros before the deadline.Will be good if we can offload him now for money, plus of course we will be saving on his salary for the remainder of the season.

If only Dortmund can come up with 1m euros by Tuesday for Pienaar !!.

Any news on Yannis? cannot expect to see him stay on as he is never going to get another game with us unless there are injuries.

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » za jan 28, 2006 3:06 pm

SPL schreef:I forgot this was the players leaving posting so I will come back to that.

Maxwell is reported to be signing for Inter for 1m euros before the deadline.Will be good if we can offload him now for money, plus of course we will be saving on his salary for the remainder of the season.

If only Dortmund can come up with 1m euros by Tuesday for Pienaar !!.

Any news on Yannis? cannot expect to see him stay on as he is never going to get another game with us unless there are injuries.
It's just shocking how little money we get for these good players. And I bet it'll be even worse with Trabelsi. It gets me sick.
meh :|

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za jan 28, 2006 3:21 pm

carcajou schreef:It's just shocking how little money we get for these good players. And I bet it'll be even worse with Trabelsi. It gets me sick.
Of course you're right. These contracts should have been extended or we should have sold them at a 'real' price at the right moment. But given the situation we're actually getting more money for them than I thought we'd get. 5.3 million for Maxwell, Lobont, Escudé and De Jong... It's better than nothing for Maxwell and De Jong in the summer, with Escudé and Lobont rotting on the stands.

K.
Still alive...

bryan

Bericht door bryan » za jan 28, 2006 3:35 pm

On the other end of the scale we have Heerenveen. They are splashing out some of their nine million Huntelaar euros on Cork City's Liam Kearney. City are looking for 100,000 euros and Heerenveen's first bid was 5,000 (yes, that's five thousand).

Kearney is a free agent, but City are due money because he is under 23. However, Kearney is turning 23 in a month and it looks like Heerenveen will wait untill then.

Tight fisted bastards! Why did we give them nine million...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za jan 28, 2006 6:06 pm

Turning to getting the right price for players, Maxwell of course was to be sold last summer so injury has cost us money. As for Trabelsi he made it clear last summer that he was not extending his contract so the fact we will get nothing for him is down to our own stupidity, we could have sold him for about £4m last summer but chose to keep him knowing that we would get nothing.(We were never going to sell him in this winter break as he was off to Egypt straight after New Year and not available until mid Feb.)

De Jong and of course Pienaar should have been given extensions this time last season. However we have not lost so much money on these 2 as Hamburg only paid about £3.5m for VDV and I do not think we would have got more than £2m max for either of Dj or P.last summer.

Picking up money for Lobont was a bonus though.

Ajax netwerk show 15m euros is the price if Juventus want Grygera.However this is an Italian based story and about as reliable as the non existant Milan contingent who were here this week for Sneijder. ( He has evidently said this story was rubbish)

afckeeper95

Bericht door afckeeper95 » za jan 28, 2006 6:26 pm

bryan schreef:On the other end of the scale we have Heerenveen. They are splashing out some of their nine million Huntelaar euros on Cork City's Liam Kearney. City are looking for 100,000 euros and Heerenveen's first bid was 5,000 (yes, that's five thousand).

Kearney is a free agent, but City are due money because he is under 23. However, Kearney is turning 23 in a month and it looks like Heerenveen will wait untill then.

Tight fisted bastards! Why did we give them nine million...
So they could buy U/21 national Jakob Poulsen from Danish side Esbjerg among other things. Heerenveen has always seemed to have some sort of Dane-fetish (four at the moment). (NO, this is not something I would want Ajax to copy.) they paid about 900,000euros, so that leaves some 8 million and change..

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za jan 28, 2006 6:55 pm

afckeeper95 schreef:Heerenveen has always seemed to have some sort of Dane-fetish (four at the moment).
Ajax have always had a bit of a Denmark fetish as well. We invented it, actually. We were pretty much the first club in Europe that had a whole 'Danish wave': Søren Lerby, Frank Arnesen, Henning Jensen - and later Jesper Olsen. We're talking late 70s, early 80s here.

In the early 90s we had some 'forgotten' Danes such as Johnny Hansen and Dan Petersen. And later we had Jesper Grønkjær, both of the Laudrup brothers and coach Morten Olsen. Right now there's a youngster in the Ajax youth named Per Weihrauch. He's also Danish. Haven't heard from him in a while, by the way. No idea how he's developing.

The reason why Ajax are no longer as focused on Denmark (and Sweden) as they used to be, is the fact that the whole world has discovered these countries now. It is no longer extraordinarily cheap to buy talented players from Brøndby, FCK, Göteborg, Malmö or Djurgården. You pay 5 or 10 million for a Zlatan or a Rosenberg, these days.

In football terms, the new Scandinavias are eastern Europe, South America and Africa. Luckily, though, Ajax have reverted to the Netherlands again. In the long run it is not going to do us good if we scout mostly Africans.

K.
Still alive...

bryan

Bericht door bryan » zo jan 29, 2006 12:56 pm

Ireland is also a very cheap place to get players from, but English clubs seem to be the only ones scouting there. For years I have been waiting for continental clubs to wake up, because I'm fed up of seeing skilled Irish players being taught how to play football by the likes of Sam Allardyce.

Forest paid 15,000 quid for Roy Keane. John O'Shea cost Man Utd a similar fee and Blackburn Rovers signed Damien Duff for nothing, as did Wolves Robbie Keane. Shay Given also signed in England for nothing.

I don't mind where Ajax signs players players from, as long they are good value.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » zo jan 29, 2006 1:33 pm

Yes and thats why I say we should stick with Johnny Heitinga, although he is not in a similar situation as Theo Lucius was in his younger years. But you get my point.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo jan 29, 2006 1:38 pm

It seems we are keeping Maxwell to the end of the season ,obviously we do not need the 1m euros???

However according to a story on Netwerk site we seem to have had a bid for Babel of 6m euros.

On the Galasek posting some of you guys were talking about not giving players a chance here. Well Babel is top of the list in that. After a promosing start in the second half of last season he has half a season playing out of position, stupidly been picked for the national team and now cannot even get any playing time as a sub.

Babel will leave in the summer and go to a club who might even appreciate him!!!!!!! You can always get young midfielders and defenders but surely you look after young strikers???

Before you all shoot me down this kid was only 19 last month.

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » zo jan 29, 2006 1:58 pm

Babel is salad.

Off to the game, fingers crossed. Not hopefull.
Laatst gewijzigd door The Purple Cow op zo jan 29, 2006 6:53 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » zo jan 29, 2006 2:13 pm

SPL schreef: Before you all shoot me down this kid was only 19 last month.
This is why he still has time to grow at Ajax and to come back on earth... ;)
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » zo jan 29, 2006 2:46 pm

Exactly, not all players his age get to have the chance or rating he has now. Only Robben did, but thats cause he was good from Groningen on to PSV.
Get a Cock

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo jan 29, 2006 4:00 pm

I imagine the so called bid will be from an Italian side as there is nothing in our press. If he were to go there he would end up on the bench and never seen again. He needs to demand a loan tomorrow to another dutch club for the rest of this season and then see how the land lies in the summer when a new coach takes over.

He may not be rated by Ajax or by memebers of this site but if Ajax put him on the market I bet a few english sides will be in for him.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma jan 30, 2006 12:41 am

Question

If Babel is crap then why have AC Milan made an offer for him??? Reports confirmed it was them. Sums things up the kid is written off but the biggest team in Italy wants him.

For his sake I hope he does not go there as he will finish his career before it has started.

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » ma jan 30, 2006 9:11 am

He's not crap, but he's not being played. Milan knows Babel's potential, and hope they can get a Gullit out of him.
Get a Cock

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma jan 30, 2006 10:16 am

I very much doubt that any "topclub" would make an offer for any of our other strikers.
The waste list is getting sadly long.

Stupid club policy is leading Ajax to their ruin.
Appie, stay strong !

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » ma jan 30, 2006 11:51 am

In Italy the name of the "big club" seems to be Ac Fiorentina..
In this case Ryan would be third choice after Luca Toni AND Giampaolo Pazzini, italian under 21 international. Please notice that Fiorentina plays with only one striker andr three behind him, so playing time for a third choice is near to 0.
Please notice that this role of being after Toni and Pazzini has wasted the talent (and patience) of Valeri Bojinov, that never accepted the situation and was put and banned in the youth team.
if Babel wants this.....is not a wise boy
O tempora o mores

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » do mar 02, 2006 7:02 pm

What the f*ck is going on??!!! Lindgren has just signed a contract with Groningen. He didnt do well at Ajax, fine! BUT! HE IS DOING WELL AT GRONINGEN, WE SHOULD HAVE RENEWED HIS CONTRACT AND KEPT HIM ONLOAN FOR ANOTHER SEASON. GODFEDAMME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do mar 02, 2006 7:35 pm

I would imagine that this season he is playing as well as Lindenbergh, who has probably one year left at Ajax, so it does seem a bad decision by Ajax.

However Lindgren would probably not get a regular game for us next season and has therefore decided to stay at Groningen where he will play regularly.

I bet he turns up at PSV or Fword in 2007/2008.

The only loaned out play we still have to make a decision on is Stanley Aborah at Den Bosch. He is only 18 so hope we give him another chance.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di mar 07, 2006 7:55 am

Ayman schreef:What the f*ck is going on??!!! Lindgren has just signed a contract with Groningen.
Ajax USA was temporarily down when this was announced, but the news report is up now...

http://www.ajax-usa.com/news/2005-2006/ ... ently.html

K.
Still alive...

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » di mar 07, 2006 5:15 pm

Given the fact that almost all our entire midfield is leaving or has already left( Pienaar,Bouckhari,Galasek, De Jong) it seems strange that we are also letting go of our young loanee's. This can only mean one thing.... Summer Shopping Spree :yes: . I smell a Laandzat ;)
BRING IT ON !!!!...

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » di mar 07, 2006 6:03 pm

Can Perez play anywhere in midfield? We will still have Sneijder, Urby, and Sarpong, so there is some potential there. Wouldn't mind buying a new defensive midfielder, though.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Van der Vaart

Bericht door Van der Vaart » di mar 07, 2006 7:40 pm

Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:Given the fact that almost all our entire midfield is leaving or has already left( Pienaar,Bouckhari,Galasek, De Jong) it seems strange that we are also letting go of our young loanee's. This can only mean one thing.... Summer Shopping Spree :yes: . I smell a Laandzat ;)
I smell Mathijsen ,Eredivisie ,Gatorade cup and CL :cheer: :cheer:

Van der Vaart

Bericht door Van der Vaart » di mar 07, 2006 7:42 pm

aveslacker schreef:Can Perez play anywhere in midfield? We will still have Sneijder, Urby, and Sarpong, so there is some potential there. Wouldn't mind buying a new defensive midfielder, though.
he can play like left winger ,like # 10 and left midfileder

Plaats reactie