Rafaël van der Vaart

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » di mei 24, 2005 11:14 pm

I'm teams like Tottenham even have more than 5 million to spend
And if Porto might get VdV, they'll have the money, after selling few of their guys

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » di mei 24, 2005 11:19 pm

between maniche, costinha and seitaridis, they got 30 million euro from dinamo moscow... not to mention the windfall from two straight league/european doubles and the sale of ferreira, derlei silva and deco last year

yeah, we could certainly get a lot more than 5 from porto and i'd bemore comfortable knowing he was under co's wing
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » wo mei 25, 2005 7:34 am

I could care less where he goes as long as Ajax doesn't settle for mere pittance again.Not confident in our Bored's ability to secure a decent transfer fee.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

LucaS

Bericht door LucaS » wo mei 25, 2005 7:40 am

So we don't want to treat our 'own' players decent? It's a choice of course. Van de Vaart of course can refuse to negotiate with any other team than HSV en walk away free next year if Ajax doesn't make a deal with Hamburg
I think I lost my fucking headache

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo mei 25, 2005 7:50 am

Lucas definitely has a point. And it's not only about decency.

"Don't sell him to them! Wait for a higher bid from some other club and sell him to them!"

I'm sorry, but that's prehistoric (pre-Bosman) thinking. The world of football no longer works that way. The age of slavery is over; the players have the power. They decide where they're going, just like you and I don't have accept job offers we're not interested in.

Dutch media have claimed that Co Adriaanse contacted VDV and wanted to take him along to Porto. But Raffy turned him down. He was very impressed with the salary, the atmosphere, the professionality and the stadium in Hamburg - and chose for them. He knows what it's doing.

K.
Still alive...

LucaS

Bericht door LucaS » wo mei 25, 2005 7:55 am

I think so to...van der Vaart is going to HSV or he is going to play for Ajax next season. The question is, is one more season Vaart worth 5 million and his salary?
I think I lost my fucking headache

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » wo mei 25, 2005 1:36 pm

What I'm trying to say is, it's not even June yet, and summer transfer isnt even open. I'm sure other clubs would soon make a bid, I mean what's the rush? It's almost as if they want to get rid of VdV as soon as possible!

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » wo mei 25, 2005 5:26 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Lucas definitely has a point. And it's not only about decency.

"Don't sell him to them! Wait for a higher bid from some other club and sell him to them!"

I'm sorry, but that's prehistoric (pre-Bosman) thinking. The world of football no longer works that way. The age of slavery is over; the players have the power. They decide where they're going, just like you and I don't have accept job offers we're not interested in.

Dutch media have claimed that Co Adriaanse contacted VDV and wanted to take him along to Porto. But Raffy turned him down. He was very impressed with the salary, the atmosphere, the professionality and the stadium in Hamburg - and chose for them. He knows what it's doing.

K.

i don't really agree with any of this, and i think rafi would be best served by looking around a bit more too - i've lived in hamburg and it's a nice club, but who just jumps at the first lousy chance they get?

one interesting side note: HSV have told mahdavikia that he can leave... cash + swap deal?

roche
Contacteer:

Bericht door roche » wo mei 25, 2005 5:49 pm

who just jumps at the first lousy chance they get?
This is exactly what I was thinking. It sounds like VDV has jumped at the first team that looked his way. He may have been impressed with all those things but who's to say he wouldn't feel the same way about Porto if he visited there?

It reminds me of an 80s movie called "Johnny Be Good" starring the immortal Anthony Michael Hall. In it, Hall plays a star high school QB who is kind of immature but very talented. After his season ends, he embarks on a series of college recruitment visits where the school rolls out the red carpet and basically caters to his every need. He comes back from each school saying the same thing..."I'm going there!!"...until he visits the next school which does even more than the last one.

Did I just compare VdV to Anthony Michael Hall?!?!?
"Just one more...then I'll quit...forever"

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » wo mei 25, 2005 10:34 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Lucas definitely has a point. And it's not only about decency.

K.
So if I understand everything, you can't really blame Ajax for having sold Zlatan to Juventus. He liked the idea to play there, so Ajax didn't have to refuse the offer... Maybe it was a bit more complicated, but in the end, I think it's the same.

So VDV has the right to leave for the club of his choice, but Ajax must receive a decent fee too. The problem is that VDV had a crap season, but he also showed in the past that he may worth much more than 5 millions...

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » wo mei 25, 2005 11:35 pm

He did show in his last two games that he still has some drugs up his sleeves

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do mei 26, 2005 7:34 am

Cedric_AeF schreef:So if I understand everything, you can't really blame Ajax for having sold Zlatan to Juventus. He liked the idea to play there, so Ajax didn't have to refuse the offer...
The Zlatan case was very different for several reasons:

1. the season had already started (so then you just tell everyone: 'sorry, no more deals come back in the winter break or at season's end').

2. Ajax were in the position to demand a much more outrageous transfer fee for Zlatan (because the transfer window was about to close and he had a deal for two more years)

3. Zlatan still claims today that he did not necessarily want to leave and that he was about to rent a new house in Amsterdam when Van Gaal told him something to the effect of 'we don't really need you'. Zlatan left because he was pissed off with Ajax. Before that talk with Van Gaal he was perfectly happy to stay for one last season.
So VDV has the right to leave for the club of his choice, but Ajax must receive a decent fee too.
Exactly. Ajax can always turn an offer down, or decide to not sell him at all (he would go for free next summer if they did that, but it is their right). But they can't tell him to which club he should go. If Middlesbrough offer 40 million euros to Ajax, but Van der Vaart says 'nah, not interested in playing for that club'... then Ajax are f*cked, simple as that. You can't force a player to go somewhere.

According to press reports Van der Vaart very explicitly told Co Adriaanse that he prefers HSV over Porto and that he is not interested in moving to Portugal. He wants to play in a league with big exposure in Holland and the Bundesliga is widely available here.

K.
Still alive...

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » do mei 26, 2005 10:33 pm

Kowalczyk schreef: 3. Zlatan still claims today that he did not necessarily want to leave and that he was about to rent a new house in Amsterdam when Van Gaal told him something to the effect of 'we don't really need you'. Zlatan left because he was pissed off with Ajax. Before that talk with Van Gaal he was perfectly happy to stay for one last season.

i didn't know that.... WTF was he on anyway? sheesh!

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » vr mei 27, 2005 1:30 am

I have no problem with decency in negotiations. I simply want Ajax get a good fee for a player determined to leave. Civility sure.From both player and club. But, In the end, it comes down to money.VdV no longer is a part of Ajax' future. Lets get the top $$ available for him and sign a player integral to at least the near future.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

denos

Bericht door denos » vr mei 27, 2005 7:03 am

I read somewhere that Raffy already has a deal with HSV..... :nooo:

Eric

Bericht door Eric » vr mei 27, 2005 8:46 am

He does, but Ajax and HSV didn't agree on a transferfee yet. Apparantly Ajax asks € 7.000.000 while HSV doesn't want to offer more than € 5.000.000
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be.

denos

Bericht door denos » vr mei 27, 2005 12:23 pm

Only 5M they should beg to buy him.
even 7M is little for Raffy

cdnajaxfan

He's Gone!

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » vr mei 27, 2005 8:42 pm

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » vr mei 27, 2005 11:44 pm

Good luck Raffie, I personally would've gone to Tottenham, but its his life
:xyxthumbs:

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Thread closed

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za mei 28, 2005 7:36 am

Okay... time to close this thread down, I guess. Let's discuss Raffy's departure to HSV in the Players Leaving Ajax thread and, after that, his time at Ajax and his new career in Germany in the Former Ajax Players thread.

K.
Still alive...

Gesloten