The Ajax USA website

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » vr mar 03, 2006 3:40 pm

Kowalczyk schreef: I have no idea what's going on?
I get "ajax-usa.com" domain has expired, and is under renewal or being removed, or something like that.

Does that mean that ajax-usa will be ajaxusa.com only?
Has anyone seen the Limecat?

ajaxusa
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » vr mar 03, 2006 6:32 pm

My fault. The domain-name expired. This is the second straight year I've failed to migrate DNS successfully from NetSol to a more reasonable and affordable host (such as Gandi.net in Paris). DNS is such a racket, with NetSol being sort of the Cappo di tutte cappo (not sure I spelled that right).

Anyway, domain is restored, all should be well now.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di mei 02, 2006 5:41 pm

ajaxusa schreef:Hey, here's a story about some guy from England who supports Ajax. Sounds like a weirdo to me, going all that way to support some bunch of foreigners...

Saddlers fan going Dutch

"After meeting Dutch journalist Menno Pot, who runs the ajax-usa.com website, he was put in touch with a band of Ajax fans in the UK."
K.
Still alive...

ajaxusa
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » di mei 02, 2006 6:00 pm

And juuuuuuuust in case the sarcasm-meter isn't quite registering with anyone... I'm in California. :eusa_dance:

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » di mei 02, 2006 7:03 pm

Wow. We are now in the midst of two media celebrities!
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Ajax USA = down

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo mei 07, 2006 11:14 pm

And of course... on the day of the cup final win, Ajax USA goes down...

We do not know what's wrong, but we're looking into it. Ajax USA will be back soon. Our apologies.

K.
Still alive...

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » ma mei 08, 2006 2:25 am

Good News or pure luck? I was able to access Ajax-USA about five minutes ago with no problems at all. In fact, the only problem I've had in the last few minutes was trying to get onto Ajax Talk. Twice unsuccessful, third time lucky.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

ajaxusa
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » ma mei 08, 2006 3:26 am

Yep, the website's back up.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za jun 10, 2006 9:44 am

Is it just me, or is Ajax USA as down as Kurt Cobain on April 5th 1994?

K.
Still alive...

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » za jun 10, 2006 9:54 am

Kowalczyk schreef:Is it just me, or is Ajax USA as down as Kurt Cobain on April 5th 1994?

K.
No, it's not very well at the moment Ko! I've been away all week, came back yesterday and it was down then.
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Ajax USA Update

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr jul 14, 2006 4:47 pm

Time for a big Ajax USA update, ladies and gents...

You probably haven't noticed anything, but we have been working on Ajax USA in recent weeks, preparing the website for the new season. Since 01 July we have new 2006-2007 index pages for matches (and, as always, a special one for pre-season matches), news reports, news links and quotes.

As you know we archive all our match reports, news reports, quotes and news links per season (01 July-30 June). You can find everything easily by using the sidebar navigation on the left hand side.

I have just finished writing a new club profile about Eredivisie newcomers Excelsior and Jim has just added some cool pictures to it. RBC Roosendaal (relegated) are gone. I have edited, updated and sometimes re-written all other team profiles. That section is totally ready for 2006-2007.

Another section that needed an update quite badly was the Tickets section. That was pretty old and an absolute priority. Now it's revised and up-to-date again.

There are two sections I am not satisfied with at the moment: the Youth and History sections. The Youth section is Jim's project; the Club History is mine. We will be working on that a.s.a.p., but it won't be some time real soon... Basically, what I want to do is to make every chapter of the club history as good (and illustrated) as the first one. That one is the way I want it to be. The rest are a little bit shit. But I will re-do them. At some point.

The only real problem we have at the moment is a technical problem. There is a problem with the sidebar navigation. We can create and publish new folders and pages, but sometimes they won't appear in the sidebar navigation. The biggest problem is the 15 Years Ago section, where the sidebar navigation has been f*cked for over a year now. That's why the year 1991 doesn't appear in the sidebar and you can't click on the separate 1991 installments.

Our temporary solution: every 1991 installment has 'previous month' and 'next month' links at the bottom, so that you can jump from month to month chronologically. But it's not ideal. We are working on the sidebar navigation and hope that it will work properly again soon.

Okay - that's it for now. Maybe you don't give a living crap about this kind of stuff, but I though I'd give you a quick 'peek into the kitchen'.

K.
Still alive...

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » vr jul 14, 2006 6:52 pm

Jim and Menno,

HUGE THANK YOU for the terrific job keeping an essential ,for many of us I'm sure , lifeline to Ajax open and updated. I have a better chance of winning the lottery or sleeping with Shakira than I do learning dutch,so Ajax-USA is essential day in and day out.

:worshippy: :xyxthumbs:
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » vr jul 14, 2006 7:02 pm

Blind3 schreef:Jim and Menno,

HUGE THANK YOU for the terrific job keeping an essential ,for many of us I'm sure , lifeline to Ajax open and updated. I have a better chance of winning the lottery or sleeping with Shakira than I do learning dutch,so Ajax-USA is essential day in and day out.

:worshippy: :xyxthumbs:
Dutch and English are not far away from each other.. Many words are similair. But Ajax-usa is a fine website. Sometimes they have better reports than the the Dutch websites.

HBK

//

Bericht door HBK » vr jul 14, 2006 7:07 pm

Maybe I am not a writer here many, (bad english) But I am a reader here all the time already two Years.
I don't have at all through to thank you and to the all the staff, about what you do here. For many people here, in Israel, and around the world, this site and your work is our main way to follow after ajax.great pleasure to visit here in all corner in the site.

HUGE THANK Ko... :worshippy: :worshippy:

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jul 14, 2006 11:58 pm

I would like to add a hugh thanks to Jim and Menno. A great site and keeps we english speaking fans up to date with everything that goes on at this magic club..

ajaxperu

Bericht door ajaxperu » za jul 15, 2006 2:45 am

Yeah, thank you so much for your hard work on maintaining the Ajax USA website and for constantly keeping us informed with news about Ajax. You guys really have no idea how much I appreciate that this forum and the Ajax USA website exists. My main language is spanish and there are no Ajax websites in spanish that I know, and there aren't many in english either so you have become my source for getting information about my favorite club in the world.
Jim and Menno great job guys and thank you very much for your effort :xyxthumbs:
"We knew exactly how Ajax were going to play...but there was no way we were ever going to win"

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » za jul 15, 2006 2:51 am

I wanted to add my own compliments to the ones on this thread. Ajax-USA is great, and I've seen other sites where they hold it up as the best example of a fan-run site.

Keep up the good work, amigos!
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

ajaxnumberone
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxnumberone » za jul 15, 2006 10:02 am

Simply the best !! Could'nt find any single word to say

Henk de Gier
Contacteer:

Bericht door Henk de Gier » za jul 15, 2006 10:45 am

that's a psv phrase :sad:
Henk de Gier is geniaal en zijn tijd ver vooruit.
Jöhnk, 29 mei 2006

ajaxnumberone
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxnumberone » za jul 15, 2006 4:32 pm

Really ? Oh sorry but actually Ajax-Usa is so "..." and KO is so "..." and Jim is so "...". :aai: personally I love Ajax-usa, everyday i love you.

ajaxusa
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » za jul 15, 2006 5:20 pm

Okay, thanks everyone for the kind words. Menno deserves 90% of the credit, by the way. He does all the hard work and keeps the flame burning more religiously than I do.

Now, let's get back to the new season while the optimism is still potent!!!

Monkey Tonk

Bericht door Monkey Tonk » zo jul 16, 2006 2:32 pm

I don't care about the shallow, corporate image projected on the official site. Ajax-USA is by people who truly love the club. And it shows. Kudos!

ajaxusa
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » vr sep 22, 2006 3:35 pm

I want to highlight today's news item on Ajax USA about the ADO Den Haag match-up.

KNVB Cup: ADO Den Haag to visit Ajax in third round

This article is typical of Menno's style - written without the typical "fan site bias" but also full of carefully selected details that matter to real Ajax fans. I honestly think there is nothing out there on the web (can't speak for what appears in Dutch newspapers - In fact, can't read it either) that compares in quality, timeliness or relevance.

So, at the risk of annoying him, I just want to say how much I appreciate it.

(As long as we keep the self-contradulations to this one thread, I suppose it's ok...)

ajaxusa
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » vr sep 22, 2006 4:08 pm

And by the way, what happened to all the hot young (female) Ajax groupies that were supposed to come along with this gig? I mean, Ajax Foto Site has their "Miss Ajax" thing (which I like to believe is a "casting couch" set-up for those guys)...

Where are our perks?

Not that I don't love all you guys... But there's love... and then there's *love*.

ajaxusa
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » di sep 26, 2006 5:46 am

Ajax USA website seems to be down again.. I was just about to update the site after watching the delayed broadcast on Setanta, but I can't get to it at all... Dag-nabit!

Gesloten