Young Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » vr jul 29, 2005 9:31 am

Kowalczyk schreef:Young Ajax won their pre-season friendly in the town of Wormerveer (just north of Amsterdam) against a team of amateur players from the area known as de Zaanstreek: 0-7.

K.
Isn't that what the Z in AZ Alkmaar is? Same town I suppose but any other conection between this and the old team?
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr jul 29, 2005 9:40 am

SE6Ajacied schreef:Isn't that what the Z in AZ Alkmaar is? Same town I suppose but any other conection between this and the old team?
That is correct. In the old days there was Alkmaar '54 and FC Zaanstreek. The town of Alkmaar is not in the Zaanstreek ('Zaan area'; the Zaan is a river), but just north of it. If you drive north from Amsterdam and into the Noord-Holland province, you will drive through the Zaanstreek (Zaandam, Wormer, Wormerveer, Krommenie...). By the time you arrive in Alkmaar you know that you've left the Zaanstreek.

Alkmaar '54 and FC Zaanstreek merged in 1967, becoming 'Alkmaar Zaanstreek '67' or, abbreviated, AZ '67. They dropped the year of foundation from the club name later. Official name is now AZ, but some older people will still automatically say AZ Zevenenzestig ('AZ Sixty-seven').

Read:
http://www.ajax-usa.com/teams/az.html

This area is, by the way, one of the ultimate 'postcard images' of The Netherlands. The part of the bank of the river Zaan named de Zaanse Schans is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Holland:
http://www.zaanseschans.nl/EN.html

Go there and you'll meet more Americans and Japanese than Dutchies. The most important 'typical' tourist attractions of The Netherlands are actually pretty close together: almost every tourist will spend a few days in Amsterdam (Anne Frank's House, Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, canal boat tour, Red Light District, coffeeshop...). The next day they will go to the Zaanse Schans and include an old fisherman's town, such as Volendam or the isle of Marken, for their minimum dose of clogs, windmills and green wooden houses. And the next day they will head for the Keukenhof: the tulip fields not too far south of Amsterdam. Also very popular: the classic cheese market in Alkmaar.

There is much more, obviously, but Americans and Japanese that are 'doing Europe' usually go for the schedule above.

Anyway: I'm guilty of some serious off-topic posting here... Let's talk about Young Ajax in this thread. You know what? Let's start a thread for Holland & Amsterdam Tourist Info!

K.
Still alive...

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » vr jul 29, 2005 10:13 am

Cheers Menno,

I've actually stayed in Alkmaar quite a few times on my trips to Holland so they're my second (or third if you include the 'pool) team if you like, especially with Co and all the ex Ajax players recently.

You've solved a bit of a mystery for me there, I could never find Zaanstreek on a map :blush: - Now I know why!

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Young Ajax - AFC

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo aug 03, 2005 2:53 pm

Our mate SE6Ajacied is at the Open Day and he just sent me the following text message...
Just arrived for last 20 mins (of 60) [of the Young Ajax game, K.] so saw both goals in 2-0 win. Not sure who scored - don't really know players. Scoreboard just sais Jong Ajax - no names!
Right then: Young Ajax vs AFC 2-0.

Ajax and FC Omniworld are now playing (23 minutes now).

K.
Still alive...

SE6Ajacied

Re: Young Ajax - AFC

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » wo aug 03, 2005 9:41 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Our mate SE6Ajacied is at the Open Day and he just sent me the following text message...
Just arrived for last 20 mins (of 60) [of the Young Ajax game, K.] so saw both goals in 2-0 win. Not sure who scored - don't really know players. Scoreboard just sais Jong Ajax - no names!
Right then: Young Ajax vs AFC 2-0.

Ajax and FC Omniworld are now playing (23 minutes now).

K.
Well I should be able to figure out who scored the second as I smuggled in a video camera and managed to film it.....haven't watched it yet though...hup Ajax :D

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

IJsselmeervogels - Young Ajax: 0-4

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo aug 14, 2005 12:12 pm

Young Ajax are ready for the real thing (well, they're supposed to be anyway...). They played their last pre-season friendly on Saturday at Hoofdklasse amateur side IJsselmeervogels in the town of Spakenburg. Young Ajax had a very poor first half, but in the second half goals by Stanley Aborah (penalty), Anne van der Kolk, Tom De Mul and Tom Kalkhuis made it 0-4 to Young Ajax.

There's a report on Highlow.nl that does not have the line-up, but based on the text I can put it together. It must have looked something like this:

Vermeer; Obodai, Schilder, Boakye, N. Moisander; Keizer, Aborah, Sahadewsing; De Mul, Van der Kolk, Kalkhuis (injured: Boerrigter, Tiberkanine, Yildirim).

Highlow.nl also has some cool pictures of the game:
http://highlow.nl/CMS/index.php?option= ... iew&id=103

Time for the first league game in the Beloftencompetitie, to be played on Monday 22 August, at home against Young RKC Waalwijk. The fixture list for Young Ajax can be viewed on Ajax.nl, right here:
http://www.ajax.nl/show/id=111268/nodb=true

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Young Ajax - Young RKC Waalwijk: 2-1

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma aug 22, 2005 10:43 pm

The Beloftencompetitie ('Talent Competition') of 2005-2006 started for Young Ajax tonight. The Amsterdammers started with a home game at De Toekomst: Young RKC Waalwijk were beaten by 2-1.

All goals were scored in the first twenty minutes: Jan Vertonghen (who signed his first professional contract at the ArenA today!) made it 1-0 after only five minutes and eight minutes later (13') Ajax were 2-0 up when Stanley Aborah converted a penalty. Fabri pulled a goal back for the visitors (20') -- but 2-1 was the final score. No goals in the remaining 70 minutes of the game.

If tonight's game was Daniël de Ridder's very last appearance as an Ajacied, it was a very tragic farewell game. His opponent fouled him a few times and the two were constantly argueing. The annoyance reached a climax in the 43rd minute, when the two got into a scuffle. Both were sent off. A red card for Dani de Ridder in what was probably his last ever game for Ajax... That's sad news.

This was Young Ajax's line-up:

Vermeer; Boakye (70. Martina), Moisander, Koenders, Schilder; Aborah, Tiberkanine, Vertonghen; De Ridder, Kalkhuis, Sahadewsing.

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Youg Vitesse - Young Ajax: 7-1

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma aug 29, 2005 8:46 pm

An absolutely disgusting non-performance by Young Ajax tonight. They were stuffed by Young Vitesse in Arnhem: 7-1. No, that's not a type-o... Seven - one. You're reading it correctly.

First teamers Anastasiou, Rosales and Lindenbergh were in the team. Young Ajax's only goal was scored from the penalty spot by Stanley Aborah. Painful detail: no less than five of Vitesse's goals were scored by former Young Ajax players. Fred Benson Erchiah scored no less than four times. Etienne Esajas netted once.

Coach John van den Brom was absolutely outraged after the game. He did not want to talk to anyone. Not even to the players. Tomorrow during training he will announce the appropriate sanctions. It's crystal clear that this can not be tolerated.

K.
Still alive...

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » di aug 30, 2005 4:01 pm

And here's the punishment:

http://www.ajax.nl/show/id=1322/contentid=43199

Although i don't understand everuthing it seems they recieved a classic "run your ass off" traning to sort out the mistakes of the latest game :spijker: :spijker: :spijker: .

These things can work if not done to ften in my experience. Lets hope they rise and shine in the next game.
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di aug 30, 2005 5:05 pm

I saw the top picture and I thought: oh my God... they were all shot dead!

But no...

:D

K.
Still alive...

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » di aug 30, 2005 7:57 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:I saw the top picture and I thought: oh my God... they were all shot dead!

But no...

:D

K.
After last nights game someone suggested they "lie low" for a while :D (please feel free to move this to the pathetic jokes corner - aargh)

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Katwijk - Young Ajax: 2-1

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo sep 07, 2005 7:52 am

Young Ajax f*cked up again, this time in a friendly at Hoofdklasse amateurs Katwijk. They lost by the score of 2-1.

They started quite well and took the lead after only six minutes (own goal by Jeroen Buys), but Katwijk turned the game around with goals in the 62nd (Chris de Bie) and 86th minutes (Sander Molenaar).

Coach John van den Brom was furious after the game: "This was the perfect opportunity to play well and get last week's match out of our heads. I'm extremely annoyed by everything. Last week we had a disastrous weekend. We talked about that, over and over again. (...) You hope they'll understand it and improve, but they just don't. That annoys me. It's pure laziness. I guess they're thinking: 'they're just amateurs'. Yes, but they are top amateurs. That first goal? That's got nothing to with defending. It looked like bloody Comedy Capers!"

For some pictures of the game check this report on Highlow.nl:
http://highlow.nl/CMS/index.php?option= ... iew&id=118

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Young Ajax - Young Heerenveen: 0-3

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di okt 04, 2005 5:34 am

Young Ajax continue to struggle in the Beloftencompetitie... After last week's defeat against Young AZ (2-1; I didn't even post something about that one) they lost again tonight, this time to Young Heerenveen at De Toekomst: 0-3.

They conceded a goal in the very first minute (Norregaard was the scorer) and that goal haunted Young Ajax for the rest of the game. Three Ajax-1 players (Anastasiou, Juanfran and Lindenbergh) couldn't make the difference. Hanssen doubled the score and 15 minutes before the end Larsen made it 0-3.

Young Ajax had won only one game so far and were 12th in the Belofencompetitie. Needless to say that this result didn't improve things and that they're not in the bottom regions of the table. They conceded 15 goals in 5 games so far.

Coach John van den Brom: "We've worked well in training this week, so it seemed like we were going to be able to stop the downward spiral. Unfortunately the game turned out differently. We wanted it, but we just couldn't. If you don't play as a team, and tonight we didn't, you see we have a very mediocre side. They can all play football, but you have to win together. Eventually, it will be alright, though."

The worst news on the night: after having picked up a yellow card already Juanfran was sent off seven minutes before the end after having 'elbowed' his opponent in the face. He received a 'direct' red card for it. According to Ajax Netwerk his suspension will also keep him sidelined for Ajax-1... (didn't know that, to be honest).

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma okt 31, 2005 10:41 pm

Sad but true: Young Ajax have suffered another heavy defeat in the Beloftencompetitie: the 'Little Classic' against Feyenoord was lost by the score of 1-5 at the Amsterdam ArenA.

To the defense of the Ajax youngsters: Young Ajax played with only one first teamer, namely goalkeeper Bogdan Lobont (poor Boggy...). Young Feyenoord played with first teamers Aerts, Saïdi, Pardo and Bosschaart. Collen and Vincken are also first team regulars.

The Young Ajax line-up:
Lobont; Koenders, Boakye, Schilder, Moisander; Sahadewsing (46. Sarpong), Kalkhuis (46. Martina), Anita; Poepon, Vertonghen, Boerrigter.

The Ajax reserves are having an absolutely dreadful season so far. If I remember it correctly they won only one game, and they're currently second from the bottom on the table. Perhaps even bottom after tonight...

Quite a stark contrast with their Gatorade Cup campaign...

K.
Still alive...

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » di nov 01, 2005 4:48 am

Sad but true... it looks like John van den Brom is not going to last long at the helm.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di nov 01, 2005 7:07 pm

I keep an eye on the reserves and who plays for them. In the league it is bad so far 1 win 1 Draw 5 defeats.

A few observations from me.

This season approx 20 young players have contracts and most of them have had no experience of the reserves before this season. Of those who were in the reserves last season the Moisanders have been mainly injured until this season so in effect are only just playing regularly.
Aboraah now loaned out , Tiberkannine, Sahadewsing, and Boayke played in the reserves last season.

The majority of the team are first year in the reserves so would need some time to settle at this level.Last night Anita, Sarpong and Poepon all played and they are A1 players aged 16/17. Vertoghen and Martina only 18.

Naturally I have no idea what any of them are like, except Sarpong and Anita in the U 17 WC . but I am sure performances will pick up and some of these lads will come through. Sarpong and Anita could easily be in our first team squad next season.

It would be nice to see our Jong team winning every game but developing lads for the first team has to be more important.!!

PS Do any of you watch the Jong team at all??

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Young Ajax - Young Heracles Almelo: 3-0

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za nov 05, 2005 1:28 am

Young Ajax have finally booked their second win of the season. Young Heracles Almelo were beaten by the score of 3-0 at De Toekomst. It was, possibly, Young Ajax's first truly good game. That is: in the second half (first half was poor according to Ajax.nl). Goals were scored by Vertonghen, Timisela and Schilder, all in the second half. Ajax.nl doesn't have the full line-up, but first teamers Bogdan Lobont, Julien Escudé, Thomas Vermaelen and Olaf Lindenbergh were in the starting line-up.

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Young NEC - Young Ajax: 0-0

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di nov 08, 2005 2:11 pm

One day after the first team's magnificent performance at NEC, Young Ajax took on Young NEC in Nijmegen and settled for a 0-0 draw. Not sure how this result must be regarded: as the loss of two points or (given their position on the table...) a result in an away game...

Anyway: Young Ajax played in the following line-up...

H. Moisander; Timisela, Boakye, Escudé, Juanfran; Schilder, Tiberkanine, Vertonghen; Martina, Poepon, Boerrigter.

A very young Young Ajax team. Coach John van den Brom praised Julien Escudé after the game for a fantastic game and a more than fantastically positive attitude.

K.
Still alive...

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » wo nov 09, 2005 4:28 am

I have a feeling its going to be the same old story with Escude, he'll probably come back to the first team and play at least decently(if not better).He just needs a little luck.Know that we are having problems and change is in the air he might be able to come back to the first squad.

One things for sure, you have to admire his percistency and profesionalism.

Good luck Julien :xyxthumbs:
BRING IT ON !!!!...

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » do nov 10, 2005 5:15 pm

I don't understand it- we have very talented players in Jong Ajax and they loss point after point... I don't think the young teams of Jong Ajax's rivals are much better than we. Maybe they have more players from a first squad on games against Ajax? It is typical in Poland, that reserves of the best polish clubs moved few of their first-squad players to reserves when they have a game with any rival club (= club, which is most hated in that city). Maybe you have the same in Holland?

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di nov 15, 2005 12:04 pm

Young Ajax's misery has has not ended yet... The Ajax reserves are still going strong in the 'big' Gatorade Cup for first teams, but yesterday night they crashed out of the Gatorade Cup for reserves teams: Young Heerenveen won the penalty shoot-out at De Toekomst after regulation had ended goalless.

To Young Ajax's defense: they've had some terrible performances in the league, but against Heerenveen they were very unfortunate. According to Ajax.nl and coach Van den Brom they played very well throughout the game and created a handful of big chances. Heerenveen were effectively outplayed and were never in it. They were hardly dangerous.

From the penalty spot, however, it went terribly wrong: Young Ajax missed their first three spot-kicks in a row: Sahadewsing, Escudé (post...) and Vertonghen (cross-bar...), so that the shoot-out was as short as technically possible: 0-3.

Man, are these guys having a nightmare this season...

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma nov 28, 2005 3:50 pm

Tonight's game between Young Ajax and Young PSV has been called off due to the recent bad weather and, as a result of that, the poor condition of the pitch. No footie at De Toekomst tonight.

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Young NAC Breda - Young Ajax: 0-2

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di dec 06, 2005 7:01 am

Just like the first team, Young Ajax have brought an end to a very bad period: the Ajax reserves won their Beloftencompetitie road game at Young NAC Breda by the score of 0-2. Coach John van den Brom fielded three first team players: Mauro Rosales, Olaf Lindenbergh and Angelos Charisteas, who proved that he is ready for a return to Ajax-1 by scoring both goals.

Young Ajax have now left the relegation zone on the table and are on their way up again. This is good news.

K.
Still alive...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do dec 15, 2005 5:55 pm

I have just read on the linksite Planet football a comment that Ipswich could take the young Ajax reserve Robbie Schilder on loan. Reason being that Joe Royle Ipswich manager watched Monday's game where we beat Jong Twente 2-0 with Schilder, a defender, scoring both goals.

I read a link on this yesterday that took me to the official Ipswich site. Royle was in Holland and decided to take in our reserve game as he knows we have young talent and in his words they do not always make it so he was having a look in case Ajax decide to release any of them. This is the official story from their website.

Planet footy have decided that Ipswich, who are looking for a striker, must have been impressed with Schilder and might get him on loan.

Just shows you what utter crap these sites come up with.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » do dec 15, 2005 8:09 pm

If Schilder is doing so well....how come he isn't training with the senior team, I mean isnt that the whole friggin purpose of Ajax Amsterdam?
Btw I heard Sarpong the left sided midfielder is training with Ajax and could feature against NAC, Im pleased for him and hope he shines in that game.

Gesloten