New Players for Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SPL

Re: New Players for Ajax

Bericht door SPL » za mei 12, 2018 7:47 pm

Fer probably just made up! No idea where he now plays.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za mei 12, 2018 8:56 pm

SPL schreef:Fer probably just made up! No idea where he now plays.
Swansea
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Amol

Bericht door Amol » ma mei 14, 2018 6:53 pm

Labyad is now an Ajax player

Not sure why we signed him, but at least we did it early in the transfer period.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » ma mei 14, 2018 6:53 pm

Boca Juniors defender Lisandro Magallan is said to be the top target but according to Noticias de Futbol, Ajax are also interested in Monterrey’s Cesar Montes.

The 21-year-old centre-back, who can also play on the right-side of defence, has made 101 appearances for Monterrey since making his debut three years ago. He also has five caps for the Mexican national team.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » wo mei 16, 2018 10:40 am

Ajax reach verbal agreement about transfer of Boca Juniors defender Magallán

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » wo mei 16, 2018 1:16 pm

Good grief... here is a glimpse of Magallan in action! Warning viewers discretion advised https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySQNS_bKSRE

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » do mei 17, 2018 11:47 am

Since a move for Magallan looks imminent, media outlets are reporting that 'Ajax already lining up a replacement for de Ligt', Magallan has been on the radar for a long time, but I guess it's the silly season, where everyone wants to populate their websites with speculation.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr mei 18, 2018 10:28 am

Sevilla want Magallan so we may have to look elsewhere.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma mei 21, 2018 6:08 pm

Magallan coming this week 8m plus bonuses.We are near to signing a 21 year old creative midfielder from Columbia Benedetti.

MF will then have v d Beek ,Frenkie,Siem,Schone Eiting Benedetti,Matusiwa and Labyad plays in MF . Shame we now have 2 crap RB's from abroad and the 2 wingers are off ie Kluivert plus Neres will go for the right amount.

We seem to be signing mainly non Dutch players these days. We still produce from our academy but if every local kid out the academy wants to push off after 1 season in the team like Kluivert and de Ligt what is the point !!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma mei 21, 2018 8:42 pm

If Ajax keep bringing players on from the outside consider what message this seems to be the youth. How many of them will b sign contracts at age 16 when they see Ajax just just going out and buying. I guess this is the new reality of thing regarding Euro football. I don't like it.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » ma mei 21, 2018 9:11 pm

SPL schreef: We seem to be signing mainly non Dutch players these days. We still produce from our academy but if every local kid out the academy wants to push off after 1 season in the team like Kluivert and de Ligt what is the point !!
That's exactly what Overmars said in an interview, he said 'if we sell them at 18, we might as well shut down the youth academy' aka de Tokoemst

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » ma mei 21, 2018 9:15 pm

Orange14 schreef:If Ajax keep bringing players on from the outside consider what message this seems to be the youth. How many of them will b sign contracts at age 16 when they see Ajax just just going out and buying. I guess this is the new reality of thing regarding Euro football. I don't like it.
Come on dude, Ajax have been doing this for over 5 decades, granted, more so, post Bosman ruling. But if a player from the youth isn't good enough, from the youth, and is 21, would you want him to play? Bergsma is at that age, and he is not good enough, so Ajax opt for Magallan, who is supposedly very good. In any event the youth get their chances eventually, e.g. Bakker (assuming he renews his contract, Raiola is his agent remember), he is from the youth, not fully ready, but Tagliafico is world class, so after one year when he leaves for a club from a bigger league, Bakker goes in to fill the void!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di mei 22, 2018 7:15 am

Which side d does Magallan play on?

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » di mei 22, 2018 7:47 am

Orange14 schreef:Which side d does Magallan play on?
Both sides of the centre back position

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di mei 22, 2018 8:29 am

Ayman schreef:
So he could pair up with de Ligt

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » di mei 22, 2018 9:14 am

Orange14 schreef:
Ayman schreef:
So he could pair up with de Ligt

I doubt de Ligt will stay, Man City have made an astronomical bid that is too difficult for Ajax to turn down, that Tottenham can't match at the moment due to the non sale of Alderviereld

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di mei 22, 2018 9:30 am

Ayman schreef: I doubt de Ligt will stay, Man City have made an astronomical bid that is too difficult for Ajax to turn down, that Tottenham can't match at the moment due to the non sale of Alderviereld
Will he start for ManCity??? Personally I think this is the wrong league for him but what are the alternatives? If he wants to play for a big club there are only a few possibilities.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » di mei 22, 2018 10:21 am

Orange14 schreef:
Ayman schreef: I doubt de Ligt will stay, Man City have made an astronomical bid that is too difficult for Ajax to turn down, that Tottenham can't match at the moment due to the non sale of Alderviereld
Will he start for ManCity??? Personally I think this is the wrong league for him but what are the alternatives? If he wants to play for a big club there are only a few possibilities.
In the eyes of de Ligt, he can get minutes on the pitch and prove himself, and be a regular for city in no time. So it won't matter to him regarding competition, it doesn't phase him, Ajax have accepted the bid from the 'usual suspects', i.e. Man City and/or Tottenham, it will be down to the player, which may take time. but it's only a matter of time till he leaves this summer

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di mei 22, 2018 11:01 am

I still think our academy will be important but we seeing players leaving us after 1 year ie Kluivert and de Ligt even Donny says he will in principle will stay another year.

Main problem now is that although Jong Ajax are champs only Eiting looks like he could break through.The u19 are not a great group either .We have talent at 14 through to 17 age group and must hope we can keep them.

Bakker v Gelderen and Gravenberch are all with Raiola so will they stay beyond age 20!!

We need to buy in experience which is what we are doing but kids will still want to come here .We will give kids a chance but of last years Europa final team we lost Klaassen Sanchez last year,Viergever Younes are gone and Ziyech,Onana,de Ligt will go this summer along with Kluivert and Neres. But for injury Veltman would be going and had he been fit and had a good season Dolberg would be off. So apart from Schone we could have lost a whole team in 1 year.

We are thus rebuilding but we dont seem to be buying other Dutch players apart from Schuurs although Labyad like Ziyech is still Dutch in my eyes.

With Schuurs Bande Labyad plus Magallan and a MF we are at least bringing in replacements early.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » di mei 22, 2018 11:28 am

SPL schreef:I still think our academy will be important but we seeing players leaving us after 1 year ie Kluivert and de Ligt even Donny says he will in principle will stay another year.

Main problem now is that although Jong Ajax are champs only Eiting looks like he could break through.The u19 are not a great group either .We have talent at 14 through to 17 age group and must hope we can keep them.

Bakker v Gelderen and Gravenberch are all with Raiola so will they stay beyond age 20!!

We need to buy in experience which is what we are doing but kids will still want to come here .We will give kids a chance but of last years Europa final team we lost Klaassen Sanchez last year,Viergever Younes are gone and Ziyech,Onana,de Ligt will go this summer along with Kluivert and Neres. But for injury Veltman would be going and had he been fit and had a good season Dolberg would be off. So apart from Schone we could have lost a whole team in 1 year.

We are thus rebuilding but we dont seem to be buying other Dutch players apart from Schuurs although Labyad like Ziyech is still Dutch in my eyes.

With Schuurs Bande Labyad plus Magallan and a MF we are at least bringing in replacements early.

Ajax need another left winger, Tadic has played in that position even though he is an attacking midfielder, although midfield would be too crowded, it would also be nice to have Daley Blind on loan for one season, to fill the position in midfield.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di mei 22, 2018 11:48 am

It is just frustrating for me to see what is going on. I recognize that we can't keep players for long but only one year? It seems ridiculous and I wonder if UEFA even care. We have a lot of EPL teams that have huge television money but are no better on the pitch than Ajax. Of course they cannot keep their good players either. Even Spurs who are a top five team has trouble. Look also at Dortmund who had to sell Dembele after a single season because Barcelona put to much money on the table.

UEFA should just set up a ten team super league and be done with it. Establish a meaningful competition for the other Euro federations without Thursday night football. Let's hope people don't watch the CL final this weekend.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » di mei 22, 2018 12:59 pm

Orange14 schreef:It is just frustrating for me to see what is going on. I recognize that we can't keep players for long but only one year? It seems ridiculous and I wonder if UEFA even care. We have a lot of EPL teams that have huge television money but are no better on the pitch than Ajax. Of course they cannot keep their good players either. Even Spurs who are a top five team has trouble. Look also at Dortmund who had to sell Dembele after a single season because Barcelona put to much money on the table.

UEFA should just set up a ten team super league and be done with it. Establish a meaningful competition for the other Euro federations without Thursday night football. Let's hope people don't watch the CL final this weekend.
Think positive! Where there is a lot of money, there is bound to be corruption, and what happens when there is corruption the entities, whether football giants and/or UEFA, Implode from within!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di mei 22, 2018 1:11 pm

I think Germany is the only one of the major leagues that restricts outsider ownership of teams. Leizig Red Bull apparently is just at the margin and some Bundesliga teams protested when they were promoted. England have all kinds of foreign money from all over the world. I think a half dozen teams have American owners.

Italy are now a basket case and even Juventus cannot keep players. Look at the sorry state of Milan. I hope UEFA take some action but don't think it likely.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di mei 22, 2018 7:34 pm

The hugh money problems in football are all down to EPL and the top 6.The other 14 dont have the money to compete with the 6 elite.The hugh money from sky is all used in wages.

One thing UEFA must do is restrict squads to say 25 contracted players plus a max 25 others on contract and no more than 10 out on loan in a season. That would stuff Chelski and Abu Dhabi City and would restrict them from signing up so many foreign kids including Dutch.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di mei 22, 2018 7:44 pm

SPL for UEFA president!!!!! I agree with your proposal. I think I read that Chelsea had over 20 players on loan this season. Things will also change once Brexit is finalized

Plaats reactie