Klaas-Jan Huntelaar

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di sep 02, 2008 10:52 am

nothing from over here in uk. It could well be that Real tried a last minute bid.

Well done Danny Blind, he said any offer, however big. will be ignored.

KJH will probably sign a new contract with a get out clause of about 15m euros.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di sep 02, 2008 11:32 am

Evidently Man City were one of them but the other was not a top 4 from either Spain or England. According to sportinglife.co.uk Ajax had 2 bids at the last minute by telephone and they were turned down . KJH's agent had phone calls told the clubs to contact Ajax but he knew they would say no at the last minute.

PS Man city are now owned by a rich arab who has more money than Abramhovich thus they got Robinho .

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » di sep 02, 2008 1:24 pm

Allegedly Manchester City's new owner is TEN TIMES wealthier than Roman Abramovich, which is saying something. He's related to the El Machtoum dynasty who appear to own most of the British race-horse industry.

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » di sep 02, 2008 3:09 pm

Very glad we didn't sell him yesterday, it does show that we have hopefully learned from the past. ESPN has the same story, but doesn't mention any clubs either. I'm assuming both clubs were those who had some transfers yesterday, and were looking for a last minute replacement.

Just speculation, but because of that I would think the two teams are from either Man City, Tottenham, or Real Madrid.
AFCA

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di sep 02, 2008 7:05 pm

See goal .com it was Man City and Spurs. I am very pleased Ajax kept their word and just ignored offers on the last day. Doubt KJH would have gone to either as they are not big clubs , not in CL.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo sep 24, 2008 7:39 am

KNVB prosector has announced that KJH's remarks after the Feyenoord game will be investigated. This was to be expected and I think he can count on a suspension or a fine at the very least.

K.
Still alive...

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » wo sep 24, 2008 9:52 am

Why would you expect a suspension? It would be a disgrace and utterly ridiculous.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo sep 24, 2008 11:08 am

Thomas schreef:Why would you expect a suspension? It would be a disgrace and utterly ridiculous.
I've changed my mind... At first, I expected a suspension (why? because the KNVB are a disgrace and utterly ridiculous, in my opinion). But then I read about the jurisprudence: a 500 euro fine for Gert-Jan Verbeek last season, after a similar incident (and for him, it wasn't the first time). I expect a fine for KJH now.

The KNVB should investigate the quality of their referee corps instead, for fuck's sake.

K.
Still alive...

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » wo sep 24, 2008 2:29 pm

What exactly did he say?

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo sep 24, 2008 3:13 pm

Chugger schreef:What exactly did he say?
Here you go...

"We were poor, but Mr Braamhaar was dramatic. Penalty for Mols, but no penalty for Suárez, just before... It seemed like he was intimidated by the atmosphere, like he had crapped his pants. If he can't handle the pressure, then what is he doing here? He influenced the result and that's very painful. If he feels that Timmer brought Leonardo down, then it's a red card. Simple as that. The poor refereeing in Holland really starts to make me sick. It's been annoying me for a while now. But you really have to be careful with what you say, otherwise they know where to find you. Everybody knows that Roelof Luinge is not exactly a good friend of mine, but at least he's independent: he has the courage to do his own thing."

He finished the interview by saying: "Anyway, I better watch out. Who knows they'll suspend me for this."

K.
Still alive...

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » wo sep 24, 2008 4:10 pm

Amazing how the referees can continue to be shite, but everyone must treat them with reverence. As long as a player doesn't touch a referee or assistant or threaten him/her, a walk on eggshells I say nothing approach is crazy.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » do sep 25, 2008 1:20 am

Thanks for posting that.

Pretty direct stuff, I'd be surprised if he didn't get into trouble...

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » do sep 25, 2008 1:45 am

I agree the referee sucked dicks, but I'm still pretty convinced that the yellow for Timmer was correct (and I think Leonardo made a bit of a meal out of the challenge, to be honest). It didn't seem close -- there was a defender standing about 6 yards behind Timmer, right in the goal mouth.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » do sep 25, 2008 11:23 am

aveslacker schreef:there was a defender standing about 6 yards behind Timmer, right in the goal mouth.
Not in the goal mouth, but he was behind Timmer, so the goalie was not the "last man".
However, the rulebook also says that if a player is fouled when he has a clear scoring chance it should be red. In my eyes there was a clear scoring chance, ergo RED.
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » do sep 25, 2008 2:13 pm

I cannot understand why it would be a red card if a defender fouls someone who only has the keeper to beat, but not if the keeper fouls someone who only has a defender to beat...?

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » do sep 25, 2008 3:24 pm

Manneken Pis schreef:
aveslacker schreef:there was a defender standing about 6 yards behind Timmer, right in the goal mouth.
Not in the goal mouth, but he was behind Timmer, so the goalie was not the "last man".
However, the rulebook also says that if a player is fouled when he has a clear scoring chance it should be red. In my eyes there was a clear scoring chance, ergo RED.
Here's the rule:
A player, substitute or substituted player is sent off if he commits any of the following seven offences:
-denying an obvious goal-scoring opportunity to an opponent moving towards the player’s goal by an offence punishable by a free kick or a penalty kick
So I was wrong about the "last man" thing. My guess is that, because there was another defender in between Timmer and the goal, and given the distance from the goal, the ref decided that Leonardo didn't have an "obvious goal-scoring opportunity." That's pretty subjective, but it's hardly the worst call made by the official that day.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr sep 26, 2008 8:19 am

Huntelaar's goal in the cup game against FC Utrecht was his 100th for Ajax, in 126 matches in total. That's a pretty awesome average.

Eredivisie: 85 matches, 71 goals
Eredivisie play-offs: 12 matches, 4 goals
KNVB Cup: 12 matches, 11 goals
Champions League: 2 matches, 1 goal
Champions League qualifiers: 4 matches, 2 goals
UEFA Cup: 10 matches, 11 goals
Johan Cruijff Shield: 1 match, 0 goals
Total: 126 matches, 100 goals

KJH is only the thirteenth players to have scored 100 official goals or more for Ajax. Johan Cruijff is the most productive Ajacied of all times: 369 matches, 271 goals. Klaas-Jan is the first 100-goal striker in nine years' time: the last two who hit for 100 were Jari Litmanen and Stefan Pettersson.

This statistic is unavailable on Ajax.nl, by the way. There's a list of players who had 100 or more league appearances for Ajax:
http://www.ajax.nl/web/show/id=61593

There is also a list of players who netted more than 50 times in the league:
http://www.ajax.nl/web/show/id=69354

But a list of players who scored more than 100 goals in all competitions is unavailable. According to VI there are only thirteen in total, in 108 years of Ajax, including The Hunter. Nice one.

K.
Still alive...

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » vr sep 26, 2008 9:28 am

Ajax.nl and VI need to check with page 216 of the 2003-2004 Season Guide. To wit :

1. Piet van Reenen 273 goals . He played 237 competitive matches for Ajax between 1929 and 1942. An unreal strike rate.

2. Johan Cruijff 271 goals

3. Sjaak Swaart 228 goals

4. Henk Groot 207 goals

5. Piet Keizer 189 goals

6. Marco van Basten 153 goals

7.Level w/ MvB is Ruud Geels 153 goals

8. Cees Groot 133 goals

9. Level with Cees Groot is Jari Litmanen 133 goals

10. Wim Volkers 129 goals

11. Rinus Michels 124 goals

12. Dennis Bergkamp 122 goals

13. John Bosman 105 goals

14. Dick Schoenaker 104 goals

15. Stefan Petersson 100 goals

16. And now, Level with Stefan Petersson is Klass Jan Huntelaar 100 goals

CONGRATS To THE HUNTER !!!
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

DanK

Bericht door DanK » di okt 21, 2008 10:22 am

Huntelaar reveals form worry
Ajax captain Klaas Jan Huntelaar has admitted he is at a loss to explain his poor form in front of goal this season...
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/huntelaa ... ry-145012/

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di okt 21, 2008 7:27 pm

Goal .com are running a story which is obviously taken from Dutch sites today. KJH's agent has said no talks are scheduled for a contract renewal and rumours that KJH wants a min 17m euros sale price were met with the agent making no comment.The article concludes with KJH is planning to leave for nothing in 2010 at the end of his contract.

If I see any rubbish stories on goal.com about Ajax I always put in my penny worth.

My thoughts on this are that the agent is probably right that nothing has been planned and as for denying the min fee surely that is between the club and his client. Fans usually know about min fees when a player is transfered. eg Babel and Heitinga both had min fees in their last contracts but we did not know the exact sum until both players were sold. Iam sure Babel was sold for more than his min but Heits I believe was sold for the min.(Someone can put me right on this)

I think KJH will move in the summer and Ajax will be lucky to get 20m euros if his contract is not renewed. If he does renew and 17m euros was placed in it I do not think Ajax can complain.

Thoughts from anyone on this!!!!!

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » wo okt 22, 2008 1:59 am

KJH moves this summer. Until then, Ajax is running marathons around their rosary beads praying for him to return to form.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » wo okt 22, 2008 5:52 pm

Agree, he will go this summer and won't renew his contract. I could see him conceivably going in the winter if he's back in form and we're out of the UEFA Cup and Eredivisie title contention. I'm not saying he should, but based on the previous track record of dubious sales, I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility.
AFCA

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » wo okt 22, 2008 7:46 pm

I agree. If we're circling the bowl in F-word fashion, Micky is healthy and productive despite our bad form, and we get a good offer for KJH, i could see him go in January.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo okt 22, 2008 8:05 pm

We do have Cvitanich who is a striker to take over if KJH is sold in January.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » wo okt 22, 2008 9:36 pm

I'm all for buying Charlie Davies from Hammarby to replace KJH. A front line of Suarez, Sulejmani and Davies would be deadly.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Gesloten