Ajax Directors, Board, Staff

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

zeux

Re: Ajax Directors, Board, Staff

Bericht door zeux » zo nov 20, 2011 12:31 am

Yes, great story. Slightly biased, but a quite accurate account of what happened.

A sad tale at the same time.
"Mensen worden door vraagtekens aan het denken gezet, niet door uitroeptekens." J.L. Heldring

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » zo nov 20, 2011 3:48 am

A good and interesting summary, indeed. I don't see the 'slightly biased' in it. Seemed even handed in both the praise and criticism for each of them.

zeux

Bericht door zeux » zo nov 20, 2011 3:56 am

rjf1 schreef:A good and interesting summary, indeed. I don't see the 'slightly biased' in it. Seemed even handed in both the praise and criticism for each of them.
I sense a touch more negativism when the author speaks about Van Gaals flaws or accomplishments and he seems a bit more lenient towards Cruyffs sometimes erratic behavior.
But again, it doesn't take away from the strength of the overall account.
"Mensen worden door vraagtekens aan het denken gezet, niet door uitroeptekens." J.L. Heldring

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » zo nov 20, 2011 8:18 am

Zeux schreef:
rjf1 schreef:A good and interesting summary, indeed. I don't see the 'slightly biased' in it. Seemed even handed in both the praise and criticism for each of them.
I sense a touch more negativism when the author speaks about Van Gaals flaws or accomplishments and he seems a bit more lenient towards Cruyffs sometimes erratic behavior.
I got that sense too, but I agree that the whole blow-by-blow is very well done. It makes for sadly fascinating reading, though.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo nov 20, 2011 11:57 am

A very interesting but sad reading of 2 great Ajax men . I understand the Board members meet today and Cruyff will be there .Well he was at the game last night . The members
can get rid of the 4 man SB Board so expect more fireworks today.

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » zo nov 20, 2011 12:05 pm

Ten Have says he wants both Van Gaal ("the best trainer of all times") and Cruyff (the best player of all times"). period.
I really cannot understand why so many supporters are insulting this man, he's trying to put the best people in the best roles within the club.
ok, the way v gaal was appointed was not the best, but also El Salvador went wrong with all this "hey, I do what the fucking want here" attitude.
I expect fireworks too, anyway.
O tempora o mores

Monkey Tonk

Bericht door Monkey Tonk » zo nov 20, 2011 4:33 pm

Cruyff would always do his part from Barcelona. His main interest is the youth program, which he has already transformed. The fruits of those efforts should become visible in a few years. Van Gaal would be the man in Amsterdam. The RvC (council of commissioners) is the, in my eyes, very inexperienced piece of the puzzle responsible for the recent drama. These are just four people that have worked in this position for no longer than a few months. Is this absurd development a direct result of their lack of experience? Probably. Examine these people first, before getting drawn into a Cruyff versus Van Gaal debate. That debate is a consequence of underlying incompetence. Cruyff and Van Gaal have been around long enough to understand how the media work, but this new RvC clearly does not. They have made Ajax look painfully amateurish in front of the world. But Ajax is not. They are... A key point is that this whole drama could have been avoided with better communication.

zeux

Bericht door zeux » zo nov 20, 2011 4:42 pm

Monkey Tonk schreef:Cruyff would always do his part from Barcelona. His main interest is the youth program, which he has already transformed. The fruits of those efforts should become visible in a few years. Van Gaal would be the man in Amsterdam. The RvC (council of commissioners) is the, in my eyes, very inexperienced piece of the puzzle responsible for the recent drama. These are just four people that have worked in this position for no longer than a few months. Is this absurd development a direct result of their lack of experience? Probably. Examine these people first, before getting drawn into a Cruyff versus Van Gaal debate. That debate is a consequence of underlying incompetence. Cruyff and Van Gaal have been around long enough to understand how the media work, but this new RvC clearly does not. They have made Ajax look painfully amateurish in front of the world. But Ajax is not. They are... A key point is that this whole drama could have been avoided with better communication.
I disagree. They analyzed the situation and choose Van Gaal as the one to be strong enough to lead the club. Yes, possibly disregarding Cruyffs personal feelings about Van Gaal, but should such a personal sentiment prevail over the interest of the club?

The fact that Ten Have sees a role for both of them (with probably a focus for Cruyff on the youth), gives me the feeling that Van Gaal accepts the philosophy that was implemented at De Toekomst last summer.

Monkey Tonk

Bericht door Monkey Tonk » zo nov 20, 2011 5:20 pm

We all have a choice. We have two icons, Cruyff and Van Gaal, and a new council of people nobody's ever heard of (plus Davids). Are you really going to let that council of nobodies force you into a choice between one of two club icons? Nobody will remember the names of those bit players that are now trying to force the issue. As far as I'm concerned the chaos they created in just their first months on the job is a clear sign of incompetence. People with vision understand the consequences of their actions. That's a quality required for effective leadership. Otherwise you're always putting out fires. The last thing Ajax needs is this kind of shoot from the hip leadership.

zeux

Bericht door zeux » zo nov 20, 2011 5:30 pm

Monkey Tonk schreef:We all have a choice. We have two icons, Cruyff and Van Gaal, and a new council of people nobody's ever heard of (plus Davids). Are you really going to let that council of nobodies force you into a choice between one of two club icons? Nobody will remember the names of those bit players that are now trying to force the issue. As far as I'm concerned the chaos they created in just their first months on the job is a clear sign of incompetence. People with vision understand the consequences of their actions. That's a quality required for effective leadership. Otherwise you're always putting out fires. The last thing Ajax needs is this kind of shoot from the hip leadership.
I think it is very shortsighted to put all the blame for the mess of the past months on the shoulders of the RvC. Cruijff played his part as well.

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » zo nov 20, 2011 8:11 pm

that's for sure.
O tempora o mores

jamie

Bericht door jamie » zo nov 20, 2011 9:26 pm

orange goblin schreef:Ten Have says he wants both Van Gaal ("the best trainer of all times") and Cruyff (the best player of all times"). period.
I really cannot understand why so many supporters are insulting this man, he's trying to put the best people in the best roles within the club.
Both Cruijff and van Gaal are Ajax icons and both deserve respect.

The problem of course is that they hate each other. Getting them to work together is like getting Iran and Israel to work together. Ten Have knows this as do the other people in the RvC. Many supporters suspect that an important reason why Ten Have has appointed van Gaal is simply to get Cruijff to leave Ajax. The fact that he did all of this behind the back of JC, a fellow member of the RvC, does not improve the situation and has only made it worse.

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » zo nov 20, 2011 10:25 pm

aveslacker schreef:
Zeux schreef:
I got that sense too, but I agree that the whole blow-by-blow is very well done. It makes for sadly fascinating reading, though.
Not just me then, but I suspect it's very difficult to get anyone other than a complete outsider to write a completely unbiased account of procedings. It's difficult as well, whatever the mans flaws, not to feel a bit sorry for Cruijff given the way that LvG was appointed behind his back - very underhand and I would say a very unprofessional way of doing things. Obviously three of the four board members (JC being the fourth) agreed with this but there were much better ways of handling it than this. All very sad and the last thing we need just when the team seemed to be getting back on it's feet, Eredivisie title and doing OK in the CL.......didn't see either last weeks or yesterdays games but it seems obvious all this is having an effect on the team.
Not sure about Dutch law or the "employment" status of board members but in the UK I think Cruijff could have a case for constructive dismissal given the way the rest of the board have behaved here.
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » zo nov 20, 2011 11:12 pm

SE6Ajacied schreef:Not just me then, but I suspect it's very difficult to get anyone other than a complete outsider to write a completely unbiased account of procedings. It's difficult as well, whatever the mans flaws, not to feel a bit sorry for Cruijff given the way that LvG was appointed behind his back - very underhand and I would say a very unprofessional way of doing things. Obviously three of the four board members (JC being the fourth) agreed with this but there were much better ways of handling it than this. All very sad and the last thing we need just when the team seemed to be getting back on it's feet, Eredivisie title and doing OK in the CL.......didn't see either last weeks or yesterdays games but it seems obvious all this is having an effect on the team.
Not sure about Dutch law or the "employment" status of board members but in the UK I think Cruijff could have a case for constructive dismissal given the way the rest of the board have behaved here.
I think he would only have a case for constructive dismissal if he was being physically stopped from doing his job.. rather than it just being a case of him not wanting to work with someone.

zeux

Bericht door zeux » zo nov 20, 2011 11:25 pm

It was just announced in Studio Voetbal that according to Ten Have Cruijff said to Edgar Davids in one of the meetings: 'you are only here because you are black.'
This in reaction to allegations of racisms within the RvC, voiced by Davids in an interview this afternoon.

Cruijff vehemently denies the accusation through his spokesperson Frits Barend.

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » zo nov 20, 2011 11:44 pm

I am really worried about this sort of feeling I have that supporters are with Cruyff "because he is Cruyff".
WTF? Apart from appointing Bergkamp and Jonk what has he done from his return to nowadays? yes, he is figthing for a more "footbally" and less business philosophy at ajax, but they seem to me just words.
The way Ten Have and RvC behaved was not right, no doubt about it, but no-one seems to care why they acted like this. desrespect of rules, delays, recommending people not good enough...would you compare Van Gaal to El Salavador's candidates Van Basten and Tscheu La Ling? God!
Cruyff has to do the chairman himself, or any other representative role, with a more prominent role in football things, sure, but that's it. decisions are to be made by someone who knows football also from the actual point of view. not one who says "Sincerely I don't have any idea on how this thing works, legally speaking"! I've read it today! And when you'll have to contract a player you will need a dozen of lawyers to know it from barcelona?
Jesus Christ! Are you joking, man?
O tempora o mores

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » ma nov 21, 2011 8:03 am

afcajax73 schreef:
SE6Ajacied schreef:Not just me then, but I suspect it's very difficult to get anyone other than a complete outsider to write a completely unbiased account of procedings. It's difficult as well, whatever the mans flaws, not to feel a bit sorry for Cruijff given the way that LvG was appointed behind his back - very underhand and I would say a very unprofessional way of doing things. Obviously three of the four board members (JC being the fourth) agreed with this but there were much better ways of handling it than this. All very sad and the last thing we need just when the team seemed to be getting back on it's feet, Eredivisie title and doing OK in the CL.......didn't see either last weeks or yesterdays games but it seems obvious all this is having an effect on the team.
I think he would only have a case for constructive dismissal if he was being physically stopped from doing his job.. rather than it just being a case of him not wanting to work with someone.
It's one of the most difficult cases to win but to prove constructive dismissal is at a very basic level where you can prove that the reason you terminated your employment was due to the way your employer has treated you. If Cruijff were to resign at this point, and leaving out anything else at the moment I'd say he'd at least have a possibility of a case here.

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » ma nov 21, 2011 8:07 am

Zeux schreef:It was just announced in Studio Voetbal that according to Ten Have Cruijff said to Edgar Davids in one of the meetings: 'you are only here because you are black.'
This in reaction to allegations of racisms within the RvC, voiced by Davids in an interview this afternoon.

Oh no, this is getting worse not better. Even if we assume for arguements sake that this was said it was surely verbal, with no recording or witnesses and thusis pretty much unprobvable but the stain and the smell of the allegation will linger all over Ajax (not just Cruijff who deserves it if he did say it).

zeux

Bericht door zeux » ma nov 21, 2011 8:12 am

SE6Ajacied schreef:
Zeux schreef:It was just announced in Studio Voetbal that according to Ten Have Cruijff said to Edgar Davids in one of the meetings: 'you are only here because you are black.'

Oh no, this is getting worse not better. Even if we assume for arguements sake that this was said it was surely verbal, with no recording or witnesses and thusis pretty much unprobvable but the stain and the smell of the allegation will linger all over Ajax (not just Cruijff who deserves it if he did say it).
Ten Have claims it is on tape.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma nov 21, 2011 9:33 am

I'm sure these are lies. Davids was too long with juventus.
Appie, stay strong !

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma nov 21, 2011 2:59 pm

philippe schreef:I'm sure these are lies. Davids was too long with juventus.
I think it's been confirmed now.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » ma nov 21, 2011 7:53 pm

aveslacker schreef:
philippe schreef:I'm sure these are lies. Davids was too long with juventus.
I think it's been confirmed now.
:00001595.gif: Like I said it just gets worse! I don't know anything about Davids business skills or lack of them but it may well be a fair charge that he is there as some sort of token, but surely as a token recent ex-player, not for his skin colour.

Money and fame obviously doesn't buy education or class, JC please note.

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » ma nov 21, 2011 8:09 pm

Johan Cruijff is making a mess of this whole f*kking situation.

Johan: leave and never come back. Just stay in sunny Barcelona and shut the hell up.

Retard.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » ma nov 21, 2011 8:49 pm

I feel like I'm watching a car accident happen in slow motion and on a continuous loop.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di nov 22, 2011 9:41 am

Davids now states he never said Johan Cruijff is a racist. It's a farce. Very insulting for JC.
Appie, stay strong !

Plaats reactie