New Players for Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Re: New Players for Ajax

Bericht door afcajax73 » ma feb 02, 2015 2:08 pm

after watching us since the winter break i would say we need maybe 3-4 players to even have any hope what so ever of trying for a 5th title.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma feb 02, 2015 7:23 pm

Agree, we need a new LB Boilesen is just poor. Moisander should be out the club by now , we should have had confidence in Denswil once Moisander did not leave last August.Denswil should have had a run of games to show whether he was good enough. Serero is playing well but sorry after Blind and Poulsen we need a quality experienced DM.
Up front we need 2 wingers playing and although Milik has a future he has barely touched the ball in the last 3 games.2 wingers and Sinkgraven ,hopefully and not Andersen, and maybe he will get some service.

King Litti

Bericht door King Litti » ma feb 02, 2015 7:55 pm

afcajax73 schreef:after watching us since the winter break i would say we need maybe 3-4 players to even have any hope what so ever of trying for a 5th title.
Yes, It would certainly appear so, cause we're playing with kids. Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that our youth get a chance, but you can't win titles with unexperienced prospects.

Surely the four league titles and five straight appearances in the CL would have given us a chance to bring Ajax to the next level. The transfer policy has just been a joke. We sell our best players (ok, we need to do that before they turn in to free agents) and who do we replace them with? Mediocre nobodys that just end up costing us money. Let's take Eriksen for example. We bought freaking Duarte to replace him! and we payed like 3 million for him. What did we get in return? If we would have been ready to put in a little bit more money we could have signed someone like Tadic and we wouldn't be in this mess. And of course the list of stupid signings doesn't end in Duarte. I'm not saying we should buy our way to success, but we need to replace our key players with more quality and bring the youth in gradually. It just seems the management wants the success and money for free.

We haven't had a decent "10" since Eriksen left, so I'm happy that we sign Sinkgraven. Really hope he is the missing piece to the puzzle and not the new "Duarte."
"We're on a mission from God."

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » ma feb 09, 2015 10:09 pm

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer ... _HP_RI_0_1

Interesting story, apparently we wanted van Ginkel, but signed Sinkgraven when he rejected us.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » vr feb 13, 2015 8:32 pm

I guess most of you saw this but AjaxShowtime has posted a list of all of the purchases we've made "under Overmars". Not sure what point they're trying to make exactly, I'll let you guys decide :confused.gif:

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za feb 14, 2015 2:05 pm

Agree not sure what point was made. The most money he spent ,until Sinkgraven,was on Moisander and V d Hoorn. Moisander was decent for his first 2 seasons but has been poor this season. V D Hoorn is only 22 and unfairly slagged off given he has barely played any games until this last month.

Duarte was a poor signing but again 2.5 m is not much.Other signings that have been poor are Sana,Hoesen,Boccara,Meleg,Honer(due to long injury) but all cost about 500000 euros each.Ajax took a punt on them coming through but they are not good enough.

We have lots of talented youths coming through so hopefully we will try and sign 2or 3 decent experienced players this summer even if we have to pay more than 1m euros wages.

Only 2 players we currently have bought I don't rate are Siggy and Zimling.Siggy came before Overmars and Zimling at least is only on loan.

Jojo

Bericht door Jojo » di apr 07, 2015 12:00 pm

It's been a while since i posted anything but i have been reading you guys a lot.

Our Slovenian football website is reporting that Nemanja Gudelj from AZ will join Ajax at the end of the season for approx. 6 million euros. Haven't seen a lot of him know only he is a midfielder but i am unsure what he could add to the team. Maybe you guys know him better.
Here's the link:
http://www.nogomania.com/Evropske-Lige/ ... Ajaxu.aspx

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di apr 07, 2015 8:32 pm

Az have denied this and the player too says he has had no contact.Have to say I dont know too much about him.

I read today that we need aLB,experienced striker,probably winger as Kishna is leaving and a right sided CD as v d Hoorn can go.

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » di apr 07, 2015 9:16 pm

De Telegraaf says the Gudelj deal is just about done. 5 year contract. €6 million transfer fee.
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di apr 07, 2015 9:56 pm

Manneken Pis schreef:De Telegraaf says the Gudelj deal is just about done. 5 year contract. €6 million transfer fee.
Seems like way too much money.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » wo apr 08, 2015 7:06 am

Well. I don't know a lot about this guy, he seems OK. Does it mean someone is leaving though? Otherwise we will have Klaassen, Bazoer, Sinkgraven Serero, Andersen and Gudelj, i.e. 5–6 players for the two more attacking MF spots. What's the plan here?

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo apr 08, 2015 11:48 am

^^Serero and Andersen are not good enough for Ajax.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo apr 08, 2015 12:16 pm

Agree Serero and Andersen are not good enough. Serero can be sold but maybe Andersen can be rented for a season,he needs to put some muscle on as he is way too lightweight.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » wo apr 08, 2015 5:31 pm

Fair enough then. I never liked Andersen, he reminds me of a little kid lost in a shopping mall. He constantly makes the wrong decision on the ball, holds/dribbles when he should pass etc. Serero I do like, but I agree if Klaassen and/or Gudelj (what's his position, actually?) are going to play DMF we don't really need him.

Anyway it's still not clear to me where this transfer came from... I'm not complaining and I'm sure the management has their reasons, but I'm wondering why we're prepared to pay €14 M in 6 months (Sinkgraven + Gudelj) for young midfielders but refuse to break our €1 M salary barrier for an "experienced" player (which FdB specifically says is lacking). I mean, could we have spent the €6 M + salary we just dropped on Gudelj on wages for an experienced defender for 2–3 seasons?

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo apr 08, 2015 8:54 pm

I know Tom you are a Serero fan ,he does run for ever and works hard but still a limited player in attack and although decent defending he is no Poulsen ,ok he is no Blind but Daley is in another class. I still want to see an experienced DM and wonder why we are going to buy yet another moderate player from AZ .We have evidently lost money on every Az player we have bought ,evidently over 10 of them in recent years.

Seems that we will buy a winger if and when Kishna goes and the best one in Belgium since January is the wonderfully named Moses Daddy Simon .He was turned away by us this time last year as we thought de Sa better. Moses went out to our Slovakian partners Trencin ,scored a few goals and signed for Gent in January and has been scoring goals since.

We badly need to spend money on defenders and not midfielders. v d Hoorn is going along with Moisander and Boilesen is looking at Spain. Tete looks like joining Kishna in leaving ,thanks to Raiola. That leaves Veltman who is decent, v Rhijn ,who is ok but nothing special, Viegever a decent bench warmer, and the talented but very young Riedewald. So a left back, LCD and cover for RCD needed.

I just hope we sign some better class players than the likes of Duarte,Sana, v d Hoorn,Sigthorsson and Zimling.

Dave the mac

Bericht door Dave the mac » do apr 09, 2015 3:16 am

I think Gudelj is a good player. He is, the captain at AZ and plays in the Serbian NT. Has scored 9 goals in league play and at almost 1.9 m brings a certain physical presence to the midfield. Like to see Ajax strengthen the central positions. Have at CF, now CM.
Already was a crowed midfield so we'll see who goes.

As others have pointed out it's the defense is where Ajax really needs to concentrate. A big nasty CB would be welcomed. Personally, and I know I'm in the minority, I would like to see vd Hoorn and Veltman play together. vd Hoorn was never really given a string of games to prove his worth.
I'd like to see Reidewald at LB, and think a more adventurous right back than van Rhijn would be a really good thing.

With Fischer just about ready, looks like the forward line is okay even if Kishna moves on. Some good young players should get 1st team experience.

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » do apr 09, 2015 6:48 am

Agree with SPL about Serero -- does a decent job as a defensive hound dog, but is woefully inept when it comes to moving the attack through midfield (he must make more passes per game in the direction of our own goal than the opposition) -- we need better than what he brings if we intend to be successful. Also agree with Dave about vd Hoorn -- he's performed more than adequately in the games I have seen him in, and his physical presence is a plus when defending corners and free kicks. Wouldn't mind seeing him be given a chance to prove himself on a regular basis. Is it for certain that he will be going?

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma mei 04, 2015 8:27 pm

We are making a serious effort to sign Raffie v d Vaart but I suspect he will get a bigger offer from elsewhere.

Apart from Rijkaard cannot think of too many players who have returned and really been any good.Cruyff of course being the other when he came back in the 80's for a couple of years before committing the ultimate crime of joining the F word.

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » di mei 05, 2015 10:03 am

i think 12 months ago id have been happy to get him back, but now im not so sure. jurys out!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di mei 05, 2015 12:03 pm

We are signing a 16 year old Belgium kid called Francesco Antonucci from Anderlect who is an attacking midfielder.He will sign a 3 year contract on 20June when he reaches 16.

His parents are from Italy and his father says he wants the best for his son and Ajax along with Barca are the 2 best youth academies.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » di mei 05, 2015 7:32 pm

We are making a serious effort to sign Raffie v d Vaart but I suspect he will get a bigger offer from elsewhere.

Apart from Rijkaard cannot think of too many players who have returned and really been any good.Cruyff of course being the other when he came back in the 80's for a couple of years before committing the ultimate crime of joining the F word.
I seem to remember 12 years ago, we had Jari Litmanen return to Ajax and he played a role during the run in the champions league in 2002-03 under Koeman's watch right?

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo mei 06, 2015 12:13 pm

Gudelj is having a medical today and will sign for 6m euros. His 17 year old brother Dragi,a left back with NAC is also set to join and their father ex NAC coach will join as a scout.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo mei 06, 2015 12:31 pm

I hope the Gudelj signing is not a waste of €s. I have to confess of not seeing much of him in action this season so I make no personal judgement of his worth.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo mei 06, 2015 6:46 pm

Nemanja Gudelj signed today for 6m euros ,contract to 2020. Don't know that much about him but clearly a decent signing. Serero will probably be sold as I dont see him getting a starting spot.

MF next season Klaassen,Gudelj, Sinkgraven with Bazoer, Andersen, Schone and vd Beek as back up.Thus Serero
will go.

17 year old brother Dragi signs for 3 years to 2018,he is a LB and will play for Jong Ajax .

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » do mei 07, 2015 7:38 am

SPL schreef: 17 year old brother Dragi signs for 3 years to 2018,he is a LB and will play for Jong Ajax .
you sure we cant get him starting now and get rid of boilesen?! :drecul.gif:

Plaats reactie