New Players for Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Ayman

Re: New Players for Ajax

Bericht door Ayman » ma jul 22, 2013 7:20 am

Doesnt look like Heitinga will return to Ajax, he has the same attitude as Van der Vaart and Sneijder, which is ok, I understand where they are coming from, I mean with still potential, and high salaries would you be willing to take a paycut to return to Ajax? I know I wouldnt. At the moment Ajax only have one VERY experienced player in Bojan Kirkic, Im happy with this signing, and his position should be the right wing slot. Im also happy with Fischer/Boerrigter on the left. As far as centre forward is concerned, I saw Klassen play against Osasuna, his positioning and first touch were brilliant, this guy needs to get more chances as a centre forward, so that should keep Siggy on his toes and move Housen down in the pecking order. Im satisfied with all the positions in defence, assuming that Alderweireld will leave (For either Tottenham, Liverpool or AC Milan), Each position is covered well. Same with the goal keeper. As for the Number 10 position, assuming that Eriksen will leave (which he should either to Liverpool or AC Milan), its going to be a nice competition between Serero and Siem de Jong (I prefer Siem). My main concern is the defensive midfield position. Guys Schone isnt a defensive midfielder, and can not play in that position, if he does start to play in that position its going to be how it was with Theo Janssen all over again. few seasons back, Ive got no problem with Schone playing in midfield, but Ajax really do need a genuine anchor man, as i said before there is only one man I can see doing that and that man is Jan-Arie Van der Heijden.

King Litti

Bericht door King Litti » ma jul 22, 2013 10:24 am

afcajax73 schreef:Ajax only have one VERY experienced player in Bojan Kirkic
Is he that experienced? He's only 22. Though he started playing for the senior side at Barca at a young age. But the thing is, he has never been a really BIG player for a team. In Barca he was often a sub and in the shadow of players like Messi and Iniesta. And in Roma the team was build around players like De Rossi and Totti. Now he has a chance to be a leading player for the first time and I really hope he will be just that at Ajax.

If we still have Poulsen, he is the most experienced (age 33). He has played in all the biggest leagues and in quality teams (Juventus, Liverpool, Sevilla, Schalke). Not a great player, but usefull to have in a young squad like ours. Moisander is also pretty experienced though he has only played in the Eredivisie, but he has been a regular for the national team for quite some time and is currently the captain.
afcajax73 schreef:My main concern is the defensive midfield position. Guys Schone isnt a defensive midfielder, and can not play in that position, if he does start to play in that position its going to be how it was with Theo Janssen all over again.
Agreed. FdB said that Boilesen and Blind might play together. A thing that some of you already guessed. So Blind could move to midfield. Really hope that Eriksen and Toby stay, but even if they leave we have a strong squad. FdB said that Bazoer is close to seeing some action and can be used pretty much in any position. Never really seen him play, but he must be one for the future if FdB thinks so highly of him even though he is only sixteen.
"We're on a mission from God."

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » ma jul 22, 2013 10:45 am

Come to think of it King litti, Im concerned about our right back position. I mean Ricardo Van Rhijn started off well but hasnt performed well in recent times, his back up Ruben Ligeon isnt much better :aai.gif:

King Litti

Bericht door King Litti » ma jul 22, 2013 11:25 am

Can't say that I'm that worried. Van Rhijn has enough quality for the Eredivisie and what I've seen from Ligeon, he seems to have good technique and speed. He supports the forwards pretty well. Maybe his physic is an issue, but I think overall we have decent enough right backs.

edit: Also If Toby would stay we would have two right footed center backs with Toby and van der Hoorn. Like someone already mentioned, Toby has played right back for Belgium so I guess that would be a possibility as well, though I see Toby more as a center back. I think Toby only plays right back for his national team because Kompany and van Buyten are rated higher than Toby at this point, but at the same time Toby is too good of a player to sit on the bench.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma jul 22, 2013 6:51 pm

Regards right back Tete ,only 18 is highly rated and will play Jupiler league this season and could be ready for our first team next year.

If Eriksen leaves still think we need to buy another player for that position.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » di jul 23, 2013 7:46 am

Im excited about this season, I think a lot of kids will shine and who knows maybe go that one step further in the champions league?

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di jul 23, 2013 12:11 pm

^ + 1!!!! I'm more excited about this year than any I can remember in a long time.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » di jul 23, 2013 12:51 pm

^ + 1!!!! I'm more excited about this year than any I can remember in a long time.
I know right. I can see Denswil breaking through and being a regular as first choice centre back. I can also see Veltman doing well as centre back- back up aswell as doing wel at right back. In midfield with the hopeful departure of Christian Eriksen I can see Siem de Jong flourishing in the number 10 position. I see Klaassen being a cross between Huntelaar and Litmanen. Boerigter back to his best, Bojan being the best since Finidi, wing backs Boilesen and Ricardo Van Rhijn solid and full of flair. You heard it from me first :)

Amol

Bericht door Amol » di jul 23, 2013 3:56 pm

All we need to do is make sure we don't win the JC Schaal. This ploy has worked the last 3 seasons :drecul.gif:

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » di jul 23, 2013 5:03 pm

One year ago I went to Noordwijk (on my bike) on a Summer night to see Ajax practice against the local VV Noordwijk. One of my Ajax mates said he really hoped Ajax would lose the JC Schaal against PSV, because of some sort of good luck / bad luck curse for the titel race.

At the end, I was really satisfied with the 4-2 defeat against PSV Eindhoven at the season opening. It showed the Ajax board we really needed a player like Niklas Moisander to avoid playing with Blind as left central defender and Mitchell Dijks on Daleys current position a whole season. And the fact that PSV kicked our ass in the season opening made their two defeats in the Eredivisie even more painful for Mark van Bommel and his teammates. :biggrin.gif: :biggrin.gif: :biggrin.gif:

But this season I want Ajax to go all the way. With this squad we should kick AZ Alkmaars ass. I would advise every gambler to put money on our victory on Unibet. And if all English and German bastards keep their hands off our players we have to dominate the league, win the KNVB Beker and in the Champions League we wil .................. (dreaming, hoping, cheering and praying for Ajax :blub.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif:)

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di jul 23, 2013 5:08 pm

Cruijff schreef: But this season I want Ajax to go all the way. With this squad we should kick AZ Alkmaars ass. I would advise every gambler to put money on our victory on Unibet. And if all English and German bastards keep their hands off our players we have to dominate the league, win the KNVB Beker and in the Champions League we wil .................. (dreaming, hoping, cheering and praying for Ajax :blub.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif:)
Cueing up Queen and the estimable Freddie Mercury,
"We are the champions, my friends,
And we'll keep on fighting 'til the end.
We are the champions.
We are the champions.
No time for losers
'Cause we are the champions of the world."

Let's go all the way this season and wreck havoc on all these big spending teams in the CL!!!!!!

Ooooops, reality hits and he thinks he will settle for a fourth straight Eredivisie title.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » wo jul 24, 2013 7:12 pm

I think it's entirely possible that we make a run in the CL, but I doubt we make it farther than the semis.

I'd be happy with that, though.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » wo jul 24, 2013 7:14 pm

I get the feeling that alot of people in here believe that we are back in the top 10 teams in Europe. I think that we will be dissappointed again when Xmas arrives...
May the Force be with you

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » wo jul 24, 2013 7:16 pm

souras84 schreef:I get the feeling that alot of people in here believe that we are back in the top 10 teams in Europe. I think that we will be dissappointed again when Xmas arrives...
Eh, it's nice to have goals, etsi den einai;

Even if we flame out in Europe, as long as we do well in Holland and keep playing our style, I'll be happy.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » wo jul 24, 2013 7:41 pm

Well, with a nicer draw last season or the tiniest bit of luck going our way in the final game of the group stage the season before, we could've been in the knockout stages, so I feel like we're due to at least get out of our group this time. But our coefficient sucks, so we'll be the third-ranked team in whatever group we're in and could get another tough one.

BTV802

Bericht door BTV802 » wo jul 24, 2013 8:07 pm

I'd like to see us make it out of the group stage. Totally realistic with a reasonable draw.

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » wo jul 24, 2013 8:23 pm

aveslacker schreef:
souras84 schreef:I get the feeling that alot of people in here believe that we are back in the top 10 teams in Europe. I think that we will be dissappointed again when Xmas arrives...
Eh, it's nice to have goals, etsi den einai;

Even if we flame out in Europe, as long as we do well in Holland and keep playing our style, I'll be happy.
Etsi akrivos! With a little luck we can get past our milestone and into the second round. Then it's up to the guys to show what they're made of
May the Force be with you

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » ma jul 29, 2013 6:18 am

Love the enthusiasm guys. I usually feel the same way about the Champions League...until a team like Real Madrid, Bayern or Barcelona puts a spanking on us. Then it's back to reality. Though, to be honest, I do enjoy our reality.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » ma aug 05, 2013 5:43 pm

Why cant Ajax sign wantaway midfielder Luiz Gustavo? He wants to leave Bayern, as Guardiola has no plans for him in his selection. He has one year left on his contract, Id like to see him on loan at Ajax, he is versatile, defensive midfielder/defender or even left back

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma aug 05, 2013 6:21 pm

Ayman schreef:Why cant Ajax sign wantaway midfielder Luiz Gustavo? He wants to leave Bayern, as Guardiola has no plans for him in his selection. He has one year left on his contract, Id like to see him on loan at Ajax, he is versatile, defensive midfielder/defender or even left back
Probably too much money. I don't think the club wants to pay over €1M/year though Bojan appears to be an exception.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » ma aug 05, 2013 7:23 pm

If Ajax sell Alderwiereld wouldnt it be ok to sign Gustavo?

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma aug 05, 2013 9:20 pm

Ayman schreef:If Ajax sell Alderwiereld wouldnt it be ok to sign Gustavo?
You need to ask Overmars that question! :biggrin.gif:

King Litti

Bericht door King Litti » di aug 06, 2013 11:35 am

SPL reported from the first young Ajax Jupiler game: "Veltman went off late and reports suggest he has a knee injury which may be bad and could be out for months."

So, if we would sell Toby now, we would only have van der Hoorn and who Sporkslede as back up? I think I'd like to keep Toby for now.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » di aug 06, 2013 1:56 pm

If Alderweireld does leave , I have every confidence that Ajax will pull a rabbit out of the hat , a la Niklas Moisander , and we'll be fine . I'm interested to see what Stefano Denswil can do , besides tweet or finder a Twitter savvy girlfriend , as well as Mike vd Hoorn .
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » di aug 06, 2013 1:56 pm

If Alderweireld does leave , I have every confidence that Ajax will pull a rabbit out of the hat , a la Niklas Moisander , and we'll be fine . I'm interested to see what Stefano Denswil can do , besides tweet or find a Twitter savvy girlfriend , as well as Mike vd Hoorn .
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Plaats reactie