Champions League opponents

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Henk de Gier
Contacteer:

Bericht door Henk de Gier » vr jul 28, 2006 11:58 pm

He was fast, and knew how to use his speed, but his skills weren't very good and he was injured a lot.
Henk de Gier is geniaal en zijn tijd ver vooruit.
Jöhnk, 29 mei 2006

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » za jul 29, 2006 12:00 am

Hope he plays badly against us, that way we can keep on liking him :blush:
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Snavs

Bericht door Snavs » za jul 29, 2006 1:36 am

Hi,

It seems youre all convinced that Copenhagen will be your opponent even though their second game against MyPa47 has not been played yet.

Let me remind you that last year Copenhagen played against Gorica (dont even recall where theyre from) and won the first game - away - 2-1. So every one expected an easy home game. Well, the Copenhagen players were a little too convinced this was a walkover and thus lost 5-0. At home. Against Gorica :o/

However, I assess that a lot has to go wrong if youre not coming to Copenhagen in the beginning og august. However, taught from previous experience(s), the fans of Copenhagen try to anti-jinx every game their team plays.

Which reminds me that you should visit the Copenhagen fan forum. Like in Holland every one knows how to speak decent English, and some even Dutch. The adress is:

http://sidelinien.dk/forums/

To post you need to register. And when registered you can attend the chatbox on the right hand side. People will welcome you and most certainly there will be threats in English where you can obtain information about your trip to Copenhagen, the stadium, fans, leisure time etc. Obviously many of you have been in Denmark last year when you played Brøndby (some believe theyre the equivalent of Feyenoord) and some 3-4 years ago in the UEFA cup when Copenhagen went through to the third round. But still, it could prove interesting and useful if you have any doubts. Or just of curiosity.

Hope to see you in there :o)

All the best,
Claus, Copenhagen supporter

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » za jul 29, 2006 7:04 am

Nice.... thanks for the invitation bro. You are right the scond leg is still to be played and everybody knows anything is posible in a football field. But i really hope the lions(thats what youre team is called right ?) go through, Dutch and Danish teams for the most part like to play atractive atacking football wich should make for a very entertaining encounter.

Best of luck to you guy's :xyxthumbs:
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za jul 29, 2006 1:59 pm

Cheers for that, Claus. Welcome here.

I won't be able to make it to Copenhagen this year, as I will be on holiday to Corsica when the first leg is played. I was there at Parken in 2001, though (0-0). And I've been to Copenhagen with my girlfriend a few years ago. Absolutely love the place. Wonderful city. I don't think there's any other capital in the world that has so much in common with Amsterdam: the laidback atmosphere, Nyhavn and a few other canals, the atmosphere of Cristiania... I felt right at home.

Anyways: back to the football.

At the time, back in 2001, I didn't know that many FCK players. But now your team seems pretty star-studded: Linderoth, Allbäck, Grønkjær, Bergdølmo, Pimpong... That sounds pretty impressive and it must be a very solid, experienced side, I reckon.

I think Ajax are considerably stronger than they were back in 2001, but I am convinced the same goes for FCK. Conclusion: these games will be as tight as the 2001 ones - but the whole affair will take place on a higher level.

K.
Still alive...

acab

Bericht door acab » zo jul 30, 2006 8:06 am

i dont think we will have serius problems with the danish. but we are in not a good shape so...everything is possible

SwedishFan

Bericht door SwedishFan » zo jul 30, 2006 9:32 pm

Tough draw!
FC Copenhagen is by far the best team in Scandinavia.
I am worried, but we have to make it.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo aug 02, 2006 8:00 am

Second leg between MyPa and FCK is tonight, in Finland.

Then we'll know for sure (probably also about the exact dates and kick-off times; they depend on the team Ajax will face).

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo aug 02, 2006 6:55 pm

MyPa-47 and FC København are currently playing the second leg of their encounter in the second preliminary round... I think the game started at 19:00 my time, and that it's half-time now. The score is 1-1. FCK took the lead; MyPa equalized.

That's over, if you ask me. FCK's away goal has finished MyPa off. Even if they score two more goals (3-1) FCK will advance on their away goal. MyPa require another three goals in the second half and they won't get them - no way.

K.
Still alive...

Snavs

Bericht door Snavs » wo aug 02, 2006 8:02 pm

The Copenhagen MyPa game ended with a draw 2-2. So its settled, Copenhagen will play Amsterdam next week.

The game was rather bizarre. MyPa had a huge chance after 20 seconds but missed it. Then Copenhagen took the lead and MyPa didnt create anything until five minutes before halftime, then the equalizer came. And the last five minutes they had a small handful of chances which continued in the second half. Copenhagen was lucky not be down a goal or two, but fortunately they made a second goal around the middle of the second half. MyPa made the equalizer and had a few good opportunites but their quality in front of goal was very poor.

Those Dutch people who have seen the game today must have the feeling that the game against Copenhagen will be a walkover.

Anyway, I hope they will announce very soon when the games will be played so we can book flights, hotels etc.

Looking forward to seeing you in Copenhagen and Amsterdam, two of the very finest cities in the world.

All the best,
Claus - Copenhagen

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » do aug 03, 2006 3:38 am

Copenhagen it is then....should be a nice game, hope i can find the means to watch it.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

SwedishFan

Bericht door SwedishFan » do aug 03, 2006 10:11 am

I tried to find a reasonable price for a trip to Copenhagen, but what I found(train+1 night hotel) wasn't cheap enough for a poor student like me.
Instead, i'll come to Amsterdam in October/November, hopefully for CL-football. Hope this game will be available to watch online.

Gesloten