Ajacieden in Oranje

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » di sep 26, 2006 11:41 pm

WHat a queer, Van Bommel is a better choice than De Zeeuw or some other young twat he picked, not sure about Ruud as right now all strikers (Venny of Hessy, Kuyt and even Huntelaar) are scoring.

But PLEASE choose a right winger Marco.
Get a Cock

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za sep 30, 2006 4:25 pm

This is spicy...

KJH is injured, so he's out of the Holland squad, too. Van Basten will need a striker to replace him. Whom will he call up...? I know a striker who plays for Real Madrid... He's not bad...

K.
Still alive...

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » za sep 30, 2006 11:25 pm

Please Ruud or right winger.
Get a Cock

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » zo okt 01, 2006 7:14 pm

Knowing Van Basten he,ll probably call up a winger and place Kuyt as the striker. I would be very surprised if Ruud would be called up.

PD: Van Bommel is back, i guess thats a start :yes:
BRING IT ON !!!!...

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » zo okt 01, 2006 11:30 pm

Not anymore, Van Bommel decided to halt his international career, and Ruud has rejected a callup to replace Huntelaar.
Get a Cock

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma okt 02, 2006 5:34 am

Yups - they both turned the invitation down...

Wow...

K.
Still alive...

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » ma okt 02, 2006 6:43 am

Nie wieder Van Bommel. :wk:

Shame about RVN. Far better then Kuijt or VOH. On topic: Ryan Babel perhaps?

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » ma okt 02, 2006 12:28 pm

I think Babel is already in the squad, but with Marco fucking up tactics and player positions, I doubt babel will be a centre foward anyway.

I'm totally on Mark's and Ruud's side. :cheer:

EDIT: We must all pray for Van Bommel, let him have a safe footBALL career.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4ImFGJR ... ed&search=
Get a Cock

dws

Bericht door dws » ma okt 02, 2006 10:19 pm

Taxi for Van Basten :yes:

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr okt 06, 2006 10:24 am

Based on Thursday's training session it seems like only one Ajacied will start for Oranje against Bulgaria on Saturday, namely Wesley Sneijder.

This one will be a very important game for Holland. Not only is it the away fixture against what is arguably the strongest opponent in the group; it will also be a crucial one for Marco van Basten. There is a lot of criticism these days and the people generally feel that Van Bommel and Van Nistelrooy should normally play - and that Van Basten is to blame for the fact that they are no longer available for Oranje. The country no longer believes in him unconditionally and the press are reluctantly starting to slag him off.

He really needs a win now (or a good result anyway). A winning coach is always right. If Holland lose, however, the whole country (and the whole press) will start bickering. In that case, rough times lie ahead for Van Basten.

K.
Still alive...

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » vr okt 06, 2006 10:07 pm

Bulgaria - Holland will be a though game. Both for the players as well as for the viewers. Holland is missing KJH, Van Nistelrooy, VDV and possibly Vennegoor. The Bulgarians will play a solid defense. Former international Jeliazkov said in de Volkskrant that most Bulgarian league matches are 0-0 at half time and that there are no goals until the players get tired late in the match. 'After that their defense becomes quite sloppy'. Another indication of their defensive intentions is that, according to the KNVB website, they took 3 meters off the long side of the pitch. This to decrease the operating space of our wingers.

My penny: if Holland plays an attacking game it is likely to get cought on the counter. If Holland is patient then perhaps we will get a late winner once the Bulgarians lose their defensive strength in the last 20 minutes.

How does this look?
Sar
Heitinga, Boularouz, Mathijsen, Bronckhorst
Landzaat, Sneijder, Emanuelsson
Persie, Kuijt, Robben

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » za okt 07, 2006 12:38 am

Dubbel schreef:Bulgaria - Holland will be a though game. Both for the players as well as for the viewers. Holland is missing KJH, Van Nistelrooy, VDV and possibly Vennegoor. The Bulgarians will play a solid defense. Former international Jeliazkov said in de Volkskrant that most Bulgarian league matches are 0-0 at half time and that there are no goals until the players get tired late in the match. 'After that their defense becomes quite sloppy'. Another indication of their defensive intentions is that, according to the KNVB website, they took 3 meters off the long side of the pitch. This to decrease the operating space of our wingers.

My penny: if Holland plays an attacking game it is likely to get cought on the counter. If Holland is patient then perhaps we will get a late winner once the Bulgarians lose their defensive strength in the last 20 minutes.

How does this look?
Sar
Persie, Kuijt, Robben
This Holland has always been more patient, thats for sure ;) . They score less but are more efective.

PD: I dont think Urby will be used in midfield, Schaars or De Zeuw will play in that position.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

dws

Bericht door dws » za okt 07, 2006 12:46 am

Dubbel schreef: How does this look?
Sar
Persie, Kuijt, Robben
I'd much prefer Schaars over Emanuelsson. Schaars is the superior option for the left midfield spot; better passer and physically more robust than Emanuelsson.

0:2 Oranje :yes: ........... and Scotland to shock the French :yes:

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » za okt 07, 2006 1:13 am

Last word is that it will be Landzaat-De Jong-Sneijder. We shall see.

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » za okt 07, 2006 1:15 am

Holland is going to lose, Ruud will then make more rude comments and laugh, and Cruyff will give insight.
Get a Cock

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » za okt 07, 2006 9:38 pm

1-1 in Sofia. Holland played well and would have won with a bit of luck. Robin Van Persie was MOTM. Great player. Kuijt got injured. Babel did well as his sub. KJH might have made the difference today. Landzaat showed that Bommeldinho can stay in Germany without being missed from now on.

dws

Bericht door dws » za okt 07, 2006 9:57 pm

Dubbel schreef:1-1 in Sofia. Holland played well and would have won with a bit of luck. Robin Van Persie was MOTM. Great player. Kuijt got injured. Babel did well as his sub. KJH might have made the difference today. Landzaat showed that Bommeldinho can stay in Germany without being missed from now on.
Oranje was much the better team and deserved more than a point from this game.

RVP scored a stunning second goal which was chalked off for handball. I think the handball was a figment of the stupid refs imagination :yes:

And ......... how the fuck did the match officials manage to miss that nasty assault on Van Persie?

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » zo okt 08, 2006 12:19 am

For you Brits out there, I translated this from the vi-website concerning LFC's Dirk Kuijt.
'Kuijt injury does not look good'

7/10/2006 23:18

It seems out of the question that Dirk Kuijt will be ready for the game against Albania on Wednesday. The Oranje forward got injured after 7 minutes, followed by a substitution in the 15th minute of the first half. The injury occured when he made a queer move to get to a high ball. Marco Van Basten: "Kuijt has an ankle injury. The leg he was standing on slipped away. It doesn't look very good". Chances are that a new forward will be added to the suad, especially because Elbow of Hesselink isn't 100% fit either. Marco Van Basten: "We'll figure this one out at our leisure. We will inform you of the outcome on Sunday night."
Match report from UEFA website:
It was honours even between Hristo Stoichkov and Marco van Basten as the latter's Netherlands team came from behind to take a point against Bulgaria in Sofia.

Goalkeeping strength
Like their visitors, the home side have started the qualifying campaign in fine fashion and looked like taking all three Group G points thanks to Martin Petrov's goal inside 12 minutes. It was his fourth in three qualifying matches. Robin van Persie ensured parity, though, with an equaliser soon after the hour on a miserable night of driving rain when goalkeepers Dimitar Ivankov and Edwin van der Sar had the greatest influence.

Robben effort
The teams exchanged long-range efforts in the opening minutes, with Arjen Robben curling his shot wide and Van der Sar holding Petrov's free-kick. But Petrov made no mistake when he gathered the ball in the centre of the box and deposited it past Van der Sar. To make matters worse, Van Basten was forced to rip up his pre-match game plan when Dirk Kuyt was forced off through injury.

Babel on
Ryan Babel came off the bench to replace him but it was fellow striker Van Persie who nearly brought the visitors level, hitting the crossbar from ten metres. Robben then twice tested Ivankov, first prompting the keeper to punch clear from 25 yards, then seeing his ten-metre attempt held. The hosts were repeatedly thankful to their keeper as the Netherlands peppered his goal, but with most of these efforts coming from distance, they could not complain at being one down at the break.

Equalising goal
It was more of the same after half-time as the visitors laboured but failed to create many clear-cut chances. However, Wesley Sneijder's drive from distance finally heralded some Dutch dominance and the equaliser came when André Ooijer's centre from the right found Van Persie, who nodded in from close range. Sensing their opportunity, the Oranje pressed for a winner with Sneijder, Van Persie and Robben all making Ivankov work.

Back in action
Bulgaria were still dangerous, though, and substitute Valeri Bozhinov nearly snatched the points at the death only for his close-range header to produce a point-blank save from Van der Sar. Stoichkov's men, who have five points from three games, will be without the suspended Petrov when they go to Luxembourg on Wednesday, the same night that the Dutch, with seven points from their three matches, host Albania.

SwedishFan

Bericht door SwedishFan » zo okt 08, 2006 3:01 pm

Markus Rosenberg didn't play for Sweden in yesterdays game vs Spain (2-0). Next chance for Markus is on wednesday (Iceland away), i really hope he will be given some time on the pitch in Reykjavik. Herenveen defender Petter Hansson was voted Man of The Match vs Spain. He actually played good yesterday, which is not very common when he plays for Sweden.

Bert
Contacteer:

Bericht door Bert » zo okt 08, 2006 3:17 pm

SwedishFan schreef:i really hope he will be given some time on the pitch in Reykjavik.
Same. We want to get some money for him when we sell him.

SwedishFan

Bericht door SwedishFan » zo okt 08, 2006 3:27 pm

Bertje schreef:
SwedishFan schreef:i really hope he will be given some time on the pitch in Reykjavik.
Same. We want to get some money for him when we sell him.
Yup, if that's the way you see it, some goals for Sweden would probably increase his value on the market. But I am afraid the sum (if we sell him) will be far from the sum Ajax paid Malmö.

Bert
Contacteer:

Bericht door Bert » zo okt 08, 2006 3:28 pm

Then again, keeping him on the bench is a waste of money too.

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » zo okt 08, 2006 7:22 pm

Rumours are that KJH will join Oranje tonight and prepare for the homestand against Albania on Wednesday. Anyone else think this might be a tad premature for a player who hasn't played a minute since his last injury?

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo okt 08, 2006 8:43 pm

dws schreef:and Scotland to shock the French :yes:
That's right, mate. I was there at Hampden and I have never experienced anything like it. Bloody hell, did those Jocks go mental. :yes: And me too! Absolutely great experience.

As for Holland: okay - we dropped two points, but it was arguably the toughest game in this group and from what I've heard Holland played quite well and were a bit unlucky.

In other words: Van Basten was not proven wrong - and it would be unfair to give him all kinds of stick because he 'lost' two points in Bulgaria (which doesn't mean that you have to agree with him, by the way;p I'm just saying that this game did not prove that he made the wrong decision).

K.
Still alive...

dws

Bericht door dws » zo okt 08, 2006 9:08 pm

Given his fallout with RVN and given that Kuijt and VoH are injured - who else can he select? He doesn't seem keen on Makaay; so the only other striking option would seem to be Koevermans, but he also is injured.

Van Basten could select a winger instead of a striker, maybe Jenner or Meerdink, and keep Van Persie as the central striker.

Plaats reactie