ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » wo jun 01, 2005 10:17 am

Manucharyan seems promising, he scored 4 goals against Hungary in the U19

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » wo jun 01, 2005 1:33 pm

LouisXIV & co schreef:
Ferrykoek schreef:the norway press say it's 75 million Krõnen
Still no euro's in Scandinavia...? What's that for a third world country!?

:D
Wouldn't matter between our countries anyway since the clogs and tulip-markets haven't been that haussed up here the latest years.

Or to quote a famous tool song:

"I've a suggestion to keep all you occupied; learn to swim!"

Or you can build banks along the shores. :xyxthumbs:

Guys what did you expect, I couldn't let it slide.... :D
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » wo jun 01, 2005 1:35 pm

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but, having thought about it for a while, I don't think that Ajax really need to sign many players or "big" names this offseason. Of course there are deficiencies, but it seems that Blind is building a solid team while getting his players to produce more. Koeman just focused on acquiring players, and didn't really develop the ones that he had. Result: the team stagnated.

Blind, however, seems to be integrating the players into a team and nourishing their talents. And talent is an area in which Ajax is not deficient. A team with the potential that Ajax have (the concept of "team" being key) could conceal its weaknesses (striker, midfield enforcer) quite well.

My impression is that Blind's tactic is to stick with the young players that impressed so well towards the end of the season, and sign a few players that will round that team out. I think this is a good idea. Perhaps he can instill in them what it means to wear the red & white, and why they should be willing to fight to their dying breath for the club. If Blind can give them heart to match their talent, good results will certainly be around the corner. The early returns are actually encouraging (8-3 since Blind took over, iirc, including wins over fucknoord and AZ) although there remains much work to be done.

If the powers-that-be are smart, they will lock up some of their key talent (de Jong, Pienaar, Maduro, Sneijder, Babel) to five year (or longer) contracts. That way they can have some faith that they will have a nucleus to build the team around, and, if a great offer comes along, sell the odd player for a good sum of money (as has been suggested elsewhere in this forum).

I'm not against buying new players per se, but it doesn't strike me as a good idea for Ajax in this situation, given the talent in the pipleine. It seems like the team is always trying to unload some poor sod that they never should have bought in the first place (Sonck, Sikora, Soetaers, etc).
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » wo jun 01, 2005 1:39 pm

Exactly, im with you

Frans

Bericht door Frans » wo jun 01, 2005 2:18 pm

aveslacker schreef:Maybe I'm in the minority here, ...
Well, I agree. Well said!
Seriously, you make far too much sense. How can there be a discussion if one person gets it so completely right?

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » wo jun 01, 2005 3:04 pm

Frans schreef:
aveslacker schreef:Maybe I'm in the minority here, ...
Well, I agree. Well said!
Seriously, you make far too much sense. How can there be a discussion if one person gets it so completely right?
Man, I wish my wife thought like that! :headbang: :D
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Markus Rosenberg

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do jun 02, 2005 11:47 am

According to newspaper Algemeen Dagblad Ajax and Malmö FF are very close to an agreement on the transfer of Markus Rosenberg. The transfer fee will reportedly be approximately 5 million euros. Moreover, Ajax and Rosenberg already more or less agree on the terms of his contract. A transfer seems a matter of time.

It must be said that Arie van Eijden did not confirm this to the paper: "We do not have a deal with Malmö yet. But the talks are very serious, that's a sure thing."

You wonder... We have Ryan Babel and Blind offers Yannis Anastasiou a new deal and really wants to buy Rosenberg... Does not look good for Charisteas, does it? Safe bet that he's f*cked.

My good friend Baggy (a.k.a. Louis XIV & Co) told me this week: wherever Ronald Koeman goes, we should just give him Charisteas for free. Like: hey, Koeman, you forgot something... Just to get him off the payrole. He was joking, obviously, but (after a promising start) I am starting to fear that he is not our man... Almost convinced of it, actually.

K.
Still alive...

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » do jun 02, 2005 12:32 pm

I dont care if Charisteas leaves for free or where he goes, just get him out of the ArenA!!! :eusa_pray:

Per
Contacteer:

Re: Markus Rosenberg

Bericht door Per » do jun 02, 2005 12:54 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:According to newspaper Algemeen Dagblad Ajax and Malmö FF are very close to an agreement on the transfer of Markus Rosenberg. The transfer fee will reportedly be approximately 5 million euros. K.
Hate to say I told you sooooooo :headbang:

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Re: Markus Rosenberg

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do jun 02, 2005 1:04 pm

Per schreef:Hate to say I told you sooooooo :headbang:
Alright!

:band:

K.
Still alive...

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » do jun 02, 2005 1:48 pm

Arsenal isnt doing anything?

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » do jun 02, 2005 2:06 pm

Aftonbladet (or was it Expressen) wrote that Everton had also shown interest, and that the only thing that could make the Ajax deal not go thorugh was if Everton showed up with more cash. They do have Rooney money I guess, but I can't really see that Roseberg would choose Everton over Ajax. I think it's kinda safe to say that Roseberg will be an Ajacied in a few days.

I really hope he makes it at Ajax. He has the potential, we'll just have to make something good out of it. (Thank God Koeman isn't around anymore...)
Has anyone seen the Limecat?

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » do jun 02, 2005 6:58 pm

bryan schreef:So Blind is signing old players who were never very good in the first place huh?

Why am I getting a sense of déjà vu here?
You mean that Olaf was a youth player at Ajax, but was rejected? It happens with a lot of players, and when they are at another club they're starting to grow fysically and mentally. Lindenbergh is an example, Landzaat, Ooijer (now PSV). So when they have to leave in an early stage, it not necesarilly means that they are not good enough. It depends on various factors. I think that it is not a shame to buy these rejected players. You know that they are familiair with the Ajax system, which new players from "outside" don't understand.

Elvis

Bericht door Elvis » vr jun 03, 2005 3:19 am

Sadly I can't see much of Ajax anymore because I'm in America, and we don't show "soccer" on TV much. It's always on our "secondary sports" network. :sad:

I think signing Manucharyan was a good idea and I think he can become a great player given time. 8 goals in the U19 tournament alone was impressive

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » vr jun 03, 2005 10:01 am

Elvis you will soon be able to watch all of Ajax's home games on streaming video, if you are interested. You'll just need to get up early on a Sunday morning. It will cost you between €10 - 15 per game, or you will be able to buy a virtual season ticket.

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » za jun 04, 2005 9:09 am

aftonbladet is reporting that AJAX have all but completed the 5M euro signing of rosenberg, and thta it should be announced after the WCQs
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » za jun 04, 2005 9:27 am

Here's the link: http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/sport/sto ... 42,00.html

You should be able to understrand a few words here and there.

I'm guessing some translation work isn't up for grabs until a "real" interview comes out about Rosenberg and Ajax.

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » za jun 04, 2005 10:11 am

So 5 million it is. A good deal for both parts I'd say. A quote from an Malmö source in Aftonbladet:

"Malmö is in no need of fast money. Now they'll get a good amount of money the day Ajax sell Rosenberg."

Anyway, I'm happy to see this deal going through, much because there will be a lot more Ajax in the Swedish media in the coming years again. Hopefully Rosenberg will develop into a world class forward at Ajax.

:bigups:

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » za jun 04, 2005 10:28 am

Actually this means alot to us in Sweden, newspaper coverage will increase with infinity percent (since 0 now...), CL-games will be available for Ajax-games again (not just when facing Arsenal or Juve) and probably even more fans will join in from Sweden.

This is a kick ass signing for us :headbang:

Now weäll have to wait and see if it's the same for Ajax....(and Charisteas...I'm guessing he's pondering he's future somewhere else as of now)

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » za jun 04, 2005 10:29 am

And oh,

if the Limecat isn't pleased now, when will he ever be?

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za jun 04, 2005 10:59 am

Seems like it's a done deal.

Great. So we have Rosenberg, two youngsters the club really seem to believe in (Babel and Manucharyan), plus - possibly - Anastasiou as the experienced old hand.

It looks bad for Charisteas, to be honest.

K.
Still alive...

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » za jun 04, 2005 11:30 am

Per schreef:And oh,

if the Limecat isn't pleased now, when will he ever be?
I just spoke to his highness, the Limecat. He was kinda happy with the signing of Marcus Rosenberg, but you should know - he said - that it takes a hell of a lot to please him. ;)

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » za jun 04, 2005 11:49 am

i don't think charisteas is necessarily out, nor should he be - as far i'm concerned, babel should play plenty of minutes at LW - not to mention, we'll need a deep squad if we make the CL proper - people get hurt, suspended, etc.
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » za jun 04, 2005 12:09 pm

bluedaddy19 schreef:i don't think charisteas is necessarily out, nor should he be - as far i'm concerned, babel should play plenty of minutes at LW - not to mention, we'll need a deep squad if we make the CL proper - people get hurt, suspended, etc.
Even if Babel would play winger (should we really start playing the guys on 'wrong' positions again?) we still have two promising younsters and Anastasiou. With one of them possibly injured we still have two guys for the position. Five guys for one spot is a bit overkill. Charisteas won't have a long career as Ajacied, I believe.

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » za jun 04, 2005 1:12 pm

There are some problems with Lindenbergh's transfer... According to Noord Hollands Dagblad Olaf Lindenbergh said, that Derk Scheringa wants too much money for him and it's possible, that he couldn't leave AZ in this transfer window...

Gesloten