News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma mei 19, 2008 9:43 pm

Exit Kuffour.

What a fucking joke...

Two brief appearances as a sub - and that's it. This is the perfect example of mismanagement this season. I mean: Colin, Luque and Urzaiz turned out to be 'bad buys', but you could argue that they were landed on instigation of Henk ten Cate. Adrie Koster never wanted them in the first place. That can happen if there suddenly is a 'new captain on the ship' in the middle of the season.

But Kuffour is a different story. Every idiot could see that there was something seriously wrong with Ajax's defence. We knew that last season, it became painfully clear in the first half of this season and Van Geel and Koster had six months and a winter break to think of (and contact) an extra defender. Two seconds before the transfer window closed they came up with Kuffour. They might as well have contracted my old man instead. Koster never used him, not even when he was fit. What was that all about? Did Koster even have a clue.

Van Geel was panicking in January - there is absolutely no question about that. He wanted a defender he could present to the press and the fans, no matter who it was, as long as it was a 'name'. It's an embarrasment, that's what it is. And that's what they call a 'top club'... What a joke.

It's not Kuffour's fault. You can't blame the bloke. He was in a dead end street. Of course he didn't say no to Ajax. But Van Geel and Koster look like a pair of tits here, whatever they have to say about it.

K.
Still alive...

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » ma mei 19, 2008 10:48 pm

What I don't get (apart from everything Ko said), is how come we didn't use more youngsters in defense this year? I think it would have been a good idea, given them experience, and made them stronger for next year.

I doubt Koster had much power in the winter transfer period due to his interim status, but yeah, I can't see his purchase as anything other than to show the fans their making a half-assed effort in trying to win.

I don't know if it was lack of fitness, or if Koster just didn't rate him, but I think he should have at least been given a chance to make an impact in matches. So be it if he turned into another Colin (which could have been the case why he never played), but I think the situtaion in which is was brought in would probably warrant seeing if he could make an impact.

P.S. You can also add Delorge to this years bad buys. :aai.gif:

Gesloten