'Rendezvous' for Ajax - Feyenoord in Feb 2008?

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

raymon
Site Admin & AT WC 2014 winner, Toto winner 16/17
Contacteer:

Bericht door raymon » zo dec 16, 2007 4:33 pm

Sounds like a great plan actually! Easyjet tickets are still very much affordable. What do I need to do for the game ticket?
"De waarheid is een geheel van maatschappelijk geaccepteerde leugens"

ajaxusa
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » zo dec 16, 2007 4:50 pm

I am updating these pages as we "speak":

http://www.ajaxusa.com/tickets/

I will get in touch with TicketUnlimited and Ajax as quickly as possible to see what they can offer to visitors for this match. I'll post everything to that section on Ajax USA and to this forum.

Jeroen126

Bericht door Jeroen126 » di dec 18, 2007 2:20 pm

Two scottish Ajax supporters are coming to Amsterdam for this match as well, and i'm sure they would like to join the Ajax USA crew on both of the tours. However, as i don't have a supporters club card, i don't think i'm able to buy them tickets. How do Ajax USA get their tickets?

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » di dec 18, 2007 6:18 pm

Joeska schreef:Two scottish Ajax supporters are coming to Amsterdam for this match as well, and i'm sure they would like to join the Ajax USA crew on both of the tours. However, as i don't have a supporters club card, i don't think i'm able to buy them tickets. How do Ajax USA get their tickets?
You should be OK to get tickets as long as you've got some sort of photo ID (eg passport). I've not got a clubcard either and I've never had a problem though you will need to bring your passport to the game.
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

ajaxusa
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » di dec 18, 2007 6:57 pm

SE6Ajacied schreef:You should be OK to get tickets as long as you've got some sort of photo ID (eg passport). I've not got a clubcard either and I've never had a problem though you will need to bring your passport to the game.
I'm the furthest thing from an expert on this subject... but I wouldn't want anyone to have the impression that you could just show up at the ArenA on this day and buy a ticket at the gate. I'm sure that's impossible for Ajax-Feyenoord.

Ajax USA has, in the previous few trips, purchased our tickets from TicketUnlimited and directly from Ajax Travel. Ajax Travel has announced that their 'foreign visitor' packages are SOLD OUT for Ajax-Feyenoord. So one of the ticket brokers, such as TicketUnlimited.nl, is probably your best bet.

I've sent an inquiry to them, but they haven't responded yet.

Jeroen126

Bericht door Jeroen126 » di dec 18, 2007 7:24 pm

ajaxusa schreef:
SE6Ajacied schreef:You should be OK to get tickets as long as you've got some sort of photo ID (eg passport). I've not got a clubcard either and I've never had a problem though you will need to bring your passport to the game.
I'm the furthest thing from an expert on this subject... but I wouldn't want anyone to have the impression that you could just show up at the ArenA on this day and buy a ticket at the gate. I'm sure that's impossible for Ajax-Feyenoord.

Ajax USA has, in the previous few trips, purchased our tickets from TicketUnlimited and directly from Ajax Travel. Ajax Travel has announced that their 'foreign visitor' packages are SOLD OUT for Ajax-Feyenoord. So one of the ticket brokers, such as TicketUnlimited.nl, is probably your best bet.

Alrighty, as ticketunlimited has a reputation of being over expensive i'm just gonna have to buy two supporters club cards. That's one season ticket, two scc's and one cc.
:headbang.gif:

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » di dec 18, 2007 11:19 pm

ajaxusa schreef:

Oops, Yeah, I think I missed a bit out on that explanation :blush.gif: . You won't have a problem gettingt into the ground without a clubcard but you do need to buy a ticket before you get to the game. (that's what comes from coming straight in from work and jumping straight on the computer before resetting brain)

I suppose slightly in my defence most people would know it's a sellout weeks beforehand.....
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

DanK

Bericht door DanK » vr dec 21, 2007 12:50 pm

Ouch! Ticketunlimited have the game going 'from' €100!!!
http://www.ticketunlimited.com/ProductD ... event=3076
Is this a joke of some sort? If so, I don't quite get it. :confused.gif:

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » vr dec 21, 2007 1:09 pm

DanK schreef:Ouch! Ticketunlimited have the game going 'from' €100!!!
If I was you, I would buy them. Ajax - psv is a topgame and with ticket unlimited you don't have to buy an Ajax club card....

Arthur

Bericht door Arthur » vr dec 21, 2007 1:19 pm

Ajax-Psv will probably be played on january 30th so if you're very, very lucky, you might be able to combine the two matches on this trip. (I have no idea if there's any chance of getting a ticket for the Psv match since it was supposed to have already been played and as far as I know all the tickets from last time are still valid).

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » vr dec 21, 2007 4:55 pm

DanK schreef:Ouch! Ticketunlimited have the game going 'from' €100!!!
It ain't, but when you don't have the choice, it can be useful once in a while. I already experience that and don't regret it (90€...).
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

grachtdog
Contacteer:

Bericht door grachtdog » di jan 01, 2008 11:17 pm

Great to see the rendezvous is on this year! I will definitely be at the match and if we are doing ArenA day, I'll probably bring a Dutchman and a Swede along for the tour.

Hup Ajax Hup :ajaxscarf.gif:
XXX

ajaxusa
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » do jan 03, 2008 5:24 pm

I've received the following from TicketUnlimited... Brace yourselves:

TicketUnlimited prices for Ajax-Feyenoord are €100 for behind the goal, €150 for the long side, and €175 for the best tickets on the long side first ring. They are offering a 10% discount to Ajax USA, so tell them you're "from Ajax USA" when you order to receive this discount.

Well, there you have it.

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » vr jan 04, 2008 9:53 pm

ajaxusa schreef:I've received the following from TicketUnlimited... Brace yourselves:

TicketUnlimited prices for Ajax-Feyenoord are €100 for behind the goal, €150 for the long side, and €175 for the best tickets on the long side first ring. They are offering a 10% discount to Ajax USA, so tell them you're "from Ajax USA" when you order to receive this discount.

Well, there you have it.

well i guess i wont be going to the game, but ill be around other times
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

Site Admin
Contacteer:

Bericht door 666 » za jan 05, 2008 4:50 am

What a commercial outfit like TicketUnlimited does is their business. They don't advertise over here. Sales between forum members is a different animal.

In the early days of this board there was a guy named Alexander trying to do the same thing...

A ticket is a contract between you and Ajax. Selling them for profit is worth an 18-month stadium ban.
Sign your name on
the dotted line:

ajaxusa
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » za jan 05, 2008 5:17 am

666 schreef:What a commercial outfit like TicketUnlimited does is their business. They don't advertise over here. Sales between forum members is a different animal.

In the early days of this board there was a guy named Alexander trying to do the same thing...

A ticket is a contract between you and Ajax. Selling them for profit is worth an 18-month stadium ban.
This is a good conversation, and definitely educational...

If Person A BUYS a ticket (from, say, TicketUnlimited) for 100 euros, is it immoral or wrong if they try to sell it to Person B for 100 euros, because the ticket has a face value of 50 euros?

Also, if Person A buys a ticket for 50 euros, and then sells it to Person B for 60 euros, you could say that they're still doing Person B a favor if B's only other option is to buy from a broker/shop for 100 euros.

However, I can see how it would be bad for AjaxTalk to turn this into a ticket selling forum. Perhaps we should make recommendations about other ways on the web to list and sell tickets, but to not advertise specific ticket opportunities here.

In the U.S. we have great person to person resources like Craigslist, where a lot of ticket selling and swapping takes place. What about http://amsterdam.craigslist.org/tix/ as an alternative to listing tickets here?

I'm not trying to encourage illegal activity; just trying to get some knowledge. It's very difficult for us foreigners, when we make the once-annual trip to Amsterdam, to get match tickets. We can't just use the regular means every time...

raymon
Site Admin & AT WC 2014 winner, Toto winner 16/17
Contacteer:

Bericht door raymon » za jan 05, 2008 8:28 am

I'm afraid Ajaxtalk cannot be the place to illegally sell or buy tickets or other goods. If you want a ticket or have one for sale, PM eachother and deal with it that way. I know that technically it is still 'on' Ajaxtalk but at least we can be ignorant about that.
"De waarheid is een geheel van maatschappelijk geaccepteerde leugens"

ajaxusa
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » za jan 05, 2008 5:22 pm

Raymon schreef:I'm afraid Ajaxtalk cannot be the place to illegally sell or buy tickets or other goods. If you want a ticket or have one for sale, PM eachother and deal with it that way. I know that technically it is still 'on' Ajaxtalk but at least we can be ignorant about that.
OK, thanks for the clarification. I'm afraid I've suggested to a couple of people that they can post here if they are trying to sell a ticket. I apologize for that, and now I know better.
:oops.gif:

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za jan 05, 2008 9:40 pm

I haven't checked this thread in a while... and I feel a bit guilty.

I'm sorry for not being faster to the trigger, but better late than never...

Offering tickets for a price higher than face value will absolutely and under no circumstance be tolerated on Ajax Talk, and - in this particular case - in the English Zones of Ajax Talk. Messages from Ajax 'supporters' offering tickets for a price higher than face value will be deleted instantly.

It's always been like that, by the way. We've had this policy on our previous Ajax USA forums, too.

Discussing the price levels of Ticket Unlimited is, of course, something completely different. They are a third party. A company. You're free to discuss what they're doing. If the boys from Ticket Unlimited would promote their services over here, we would delete that stuff.

Right. And now I'm going to dig some weed in this thread.

K.
Still alive...

Jeroen126

Bericht door Jeroen126 » di jan 08, 2008 2:39 pm

ajaxusa schreef:
I looked at Ajax.nl and it seems there are no Young Ajax or Ajax A1 games at De Toekomst around that time. :-(
i believe Ajax saturday is playing against Swift the day before the feyenoord game. Mind you, i might be the only one who actualy enjoys seeing them play :blush.gif:

DanK

Bericht door DanK » di jan 08, 2008 3:06 pm

I was looking at getting a season ticket for the rest of the year and interestingly got this response this afternoon from ajax.nl
==========================
Dear sir,

It's not possible to buy a season ticket for the rest of this season.
If you want buy tickets for home games you can contact Ajax Travel &
Events. The address is:

More interestingly though was this comment:
The match Ajax-Feyenoord is totally sold out.

Kind regards,

AFC Ajax
===========================

I managed to get a ticket via ticket unlimited yesterday, and still today they are showing some tickets available (100 and 175 Euro), however the 'long side' or 150 Euro tickets are now showing 'waitling list'.

So not sure what the 'totally sold out' is about. Are tickets purchased by ticket unlimited, but not yet sold, still considered sold by Ajax?

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di jan 08, 2008 4:00 pm

DanK schreef:I managed to get a ticket via ticket unlimited yesterday, and still today they are showing some tickets available (100 and 175 Euro), however the 'long side' or 150 Euro tickets are now showing 'waitling list'.

So not sure what the 'totally sold out' is about. Are tickets purchased by ticket unlimited, but not yet sold, still considered sold by Ajax?
Yes. Ajax are the only party to officially sell tickets. All tickets sold? Then the game is sold out.

Ticket Unlimited is a re-seller. They're doing the same thing as touts/scalpers, but they turned their business into a company. To be quite honest I don't understand why they're not illegal, but for some reason Ajax can't touch them. Ticket Unlimited must, paradoxically, be regarded as an official company on the black market.

Ajax vs Feyenoord is now officially sold out, but the black market will remain lively 'til matchday.

K.
Still alive...

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » vr jan 18, 2008 12:56 pm

Bad News (for me).

Stuff's come up workwise, and I won't be able to make it.

Have fun guys...... :sad.gif:
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di jan 22, 2008 2:47 pm

Hey everybody,

I am posting this on behalf of Alex Jennison from Brooklyn, NY. He subscribed to Ajax Talk, but his account has not been activated yet, or something. He can not post to the boards himself. Here's his message.
My name is Alex Jennison. I live in Brooklyn and have two tickets for the Ajax-PSV match, which I will not be able to attend.

My question to you is this: do you want to purchase my tickets? Or do you know anyone who does?

I am only seeking to recoup my expenditures, so I will be asking $160 US for the pair, plus shipping (this covers the ticket price, 42 Euros, plus 4 Euro Ticketbox charge, and two Club Cards).

They are fricking awesome seats, but are not together. The exact locations are as follows: Section 119, Row 11, Seat 80; and Section 119, Row 12, Seat 112.

Please feel free to pass this message on to anyone you know who may be interested.
I have Alex's e-mail address and phone number, so if you're interested, reply to this topic or drop me a PM - and I will get you in touch with Alex.

Please note that Ajax vs PSV is completely sold out, so this is a great offer. Alex offers these tickets for face value, essentially.

K.
Still alive...

ajaxusa
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » do feb 07, 2008 7:42 pm

Okay, so that was... interesting. There are a few lessons for me here:

1) If we want a large, organized group trip, we must make arrangements for match tickets. Letting everyone fend for themselves seems to have scared away all but the most seasoned. I am pretty confident we can work a deal with Ajax Travel for next year's trip.

2) Being in Amsterdam WITHOUT a large group is very very nice. I was completely relaxed all week. Unfortunately, I was also increasingly sick as the week went on. Bummer. :-(

3) Ajax USA needs to change. Menno and I can no longer put forth the amount of work required to run a 'complete news source' on our own. At the end of this season, I'm going to make some major changes. (More about this will appear in the Ajax USA website thread...

In all, it was a good week, but totally different from previous trips. I have posted a slideshow of photos with a bit of commentary over on Flickr if you're interested: Amsterdam 2008 on Flickr

Gesloten