Jurgen Colin

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » ma sep 03, 2007 9:21 am

Yeah, we looked good in the return leg but mainly because we were first humiliated... (remember also : "no more pressure")

I did not blame anyone by the way. I said it was too much, but I don't know who's responsible. But I must say Ten Cate didn't help his case by saying they would qualify easily against a mediocre opponent and by buying and fielding players that are not up to the task.

The Slavia games can also be considered as a long term trend : it showed once again that Ajax is not able to play properly when there is pressure on their small shoulders (FCK, RKC, Willem II, ...) with the exceptions of the play-offs.

The Sneijder case was obviously not easy to deal with ("ok, I want to go, ah no, I definitely stay, oh wait a minute : I really want to go") but it's the same story every year : when you play the 3rd preliminary round, it's the beginning of the season and you have a new team (it will be even worse next year).

We're not yet in a dark area, but if we are not champion this year, that's going to change, for sure.
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma sep 03, 2007 1:51 pm

Cedric_AeF schreef: it will be even worse next year
Really scary ! :laughing.gif:

Do you expect HTC to stay ? :icon_surprised.gif:
Appie, stay strong !

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » ma sep 03, 2007 1:57 pm

Until the end of the season, but then, I don't think he will accept a longer contract and he already refused one if VI is right... And I don't think either that Ajax will offer him a new contract again.

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » ma sep 03, 2007 3:27 pm

Unless he miraculously wins the Eredivisie, KNVb Beker, en UEFA Cup :ajaxscarf.gif: :biggrin.gif:
Get a Cock

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma sep 24, 2007 9:53 am

Van der Wiel got the nod for the Zagreb away game...

In Alkmaar Colin wasn't even on the bench...

It wouldn't surprise if he's already on his way out. Ten Cate was very angry with the supporters when they jeered at Colin, but it seems like HTC himself has also come to the conclusion that it was a bit of a mistake to sign this dude up. He's not Ajax material and I wouldn't be surprise if it's over for him already.

K.
Still alive...

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » ma sep 24, 2007 9:56 am

He didn't sit on the bench, because he's injured.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma sep 24, 2007 10:04 am

GangstaRiB schreef:He didn't sit on the bench, because he's injured.
Well, okay, let me re-phrase it slightly then: I think HTC himself has also come to the conclusion that it was a bit of a mistake to sign this dude up. He's not Ajax material and I wouldn't be surprised if it's over for him already.

For some reason I have a feeling that he won't stay long.

K.
Still alive...

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » ma sep 24, 2007 11:54 am

Not sure, we are in a defensive prob atm , stam and vermaelen out. but colin isnt fit either.

im sure colin is a nice dude and has had SOME decent runs, but all in all I think hes not material enough. maybe a team like NAC can use him
Get a Cock

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » do dec 13, 2007 5:05 pm

http://www.afcasupportersclub.nl/articl ... t=n&id=720

what do you think of this one?
it made me deeply sad for him
O tempora o mores

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » do dec 13, 2007 6:29 pm

orange goblin schreef:http://www.afcasupportersclub.nl/articl ... t=n&id=720

You've got a point -- it's not Colin's fault that HtC sought him out and Ajax signed him. I'd sign too, if Ajax came looking for me.

I generally don't like booing players from my own team unless they do something really stupid. Unlike leaving the game early, which I don't mind, I don't think it's fair to boo my team's players.

For those who are wondering, the article basically says that a small number of fans boo Colin when he steps on the field, and that this ought to stop. If fans have a problem with Colin (or any other player) being on the field, they should take it up with the manager, but once a player steps on the field, he deserves the fans' full support.

I agree.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » do dec 13, 2007 8:29 pm

aveslacker schreef:
orange goblin schreef:http://www.afcasupportersclub.nl/articl ... t=n&id=720

You've got a point -- it's not Colin's fault that HtC sought him out and Ajax signed him. I'd sign too, if Ajax came looking for me.

I generally don't like booing players from my own team unless they do something really stupid. Unlike leaving the game early, which I don't mind, I don't think it's fair to boo my team's players.
I have to say I agree 100%. They say every picture tells a story and the one accompanying this story of Colin on his own not coming over to the fans says more than 1,000 words.

Give the guy a break - so he's not our best player, but then he's not sulking in the reserves or moaning because he can't get in the team, or claiming mega-bucks for doing nothing either.
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » vr dec 14, 2007 10:34 am

what makes me deeply sad is that the guy this summer said that ajax is the club of his dreams. he is not ajax material, but surely an ajax-heart just like us. and this deserves respect
O tempora o mores

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » vr dec 14, 2007 5:13 pm

Yeah, I think he is our worst player and should have never been signed. Nonetheless, he is a member of the squad, and I agree with most of the responses here that he should be shown at least some form of respect from the supporters.

I wouldn't boo him just for stepping on the pitch, but may find it hard not to react when he makes a horrible decision or play in the middle of the game. Booing won't make anything better. With fan support, one would only hope it would encourage and help him.

On another note, that photo in the accompanying article almost looks like a photoshop, even though it doesn't appear to be. I think people forget it's a team game, most often won or lost not by an individual, but the team. It looks like both the supporters and Colin have forgotten that.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » vr dec 14, 2007 7:02 pm

what's the Dutch for scapegoat ?
Appie, stay strong !

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » vr dec 14, 2007 7:33 pm

It's one thing to express displeasure with the club after a lackluster effort , i.e. the NAC match , but singling out individual players is absolute rubbish. Any objective supporter will realize that all players make mistakes , get caught out of position , make rash or ill-timed tackles, flub shots , or , in Stek's case , flail at a cross or give up a rebound.

Jurgen Colin is indeed being made a scapegoat by some for the uneven play we've seen so far this season .

It saddens me that some Ajax supporters , supporters whom I generally feel are passionate and informed , can be so fucking stupid and ill informed. For example , what about the poor play which happens when Jurgen Colin isn't on the pitch; which is most of the time ? :confused.gif:
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do jan 24, 2008 2:17 am

I'll never be a fan of this man, but I have to say: this was his best Ajax match if ever there was one. He kept it simple, kept his eyes on the ball, won most of his duels. He just won the ball, then passed it to someone who can actually play football.

Definitely not a brilliant player, but he was a 7/10 today. Flawless in his own way. No mistakes. And: better than Ogararu in recent weeks. Seriously; he did well.

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do jan 24, 2008 2:18 am

philippe schreef:what's the Dutch for scapegoat ?
Zondebok. :ajaxscarf.gif:

K.
Still alive...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do jan 24, 2008 11:34 am

I have criticised his signing but that was mainly he came from Norwich in english 2nd league and a friend who supports Norwich said he was not very good.Which he isn't.

When he puts on our famous jersey I think we are all behind him and hope he does well and I am pleased for him that he had a reasonable game last night.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » do jan 24, 2008 3:09 pm

SPL schreef:I have criticised his signing but that was mainly he came from Norwich in english 2nd league and a friend who supports Norwich said he was not very good.Which he isn't.

When he puts on our famous jersey I think we are all behind him and hope he does well and I am pleased for him that he had a reasonable game last night.
It sickens me that fans boo him when he gets on the pitch. From what I can tell, his limitations are not due to being lazy (as may be the case with Urby). Even if he sucks, he seems to put in a full effort every time out. Wish the whole team could say that.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » do jan 24, 2008 3:31 pm

I must say that Colin recovered himself pretty good. It's still not good enough, but its acceptable. Yesterday he made a sliding with two legs stretching forward. That's what I want to see! Don't mess with Jurgen-attitude.

kraz11
Contacteer:

Bericht door kraz11 » do jan 24, 2008 4:00 pm

GangstaRiB schreef:I must say that Colin recovered himself pretty good. It's still not good enough, but its acceptable. Yesterday he made a sliding with two legs stretching forward. That's what I want to see! Don't mess with Jurgen-attitude.
Yeah...and he gave a couple of great through passes ( especially the one to Suarez that left him alone in front of the keeper) , that's the way to play ...

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » di mar 25, 2008 9:29 am

W.T.F......?!?!?!

Jurgen Colin has just been given a two year contract extension, despite being a virtually permanent inhabitant of the stands on match days.
He knew nothing about it as no-one in the club approached him, Ajax simply went straight to the agent...

http://www.vi.nl/NieuwsItem/AjaxVerleng ... tColin.htm
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » di mar 25, 2008 9:51 am

They must have a plan... :hypocrite.gif:

This is a bit more amazing that John Heitinga going to Atletico Madrid.

Frans

Bericht door Frans » di mar 25, 2008 11:21 am

Manneken Pis schreef:W.T.F......?!?!?!

Jurgen Colin has just been given a two year contract extension, despite being a virtually permanent inhabitant of the stands on match days.
He knew nothing about it as no-one in the club approached him, Ajax simply went straight to the agent...

http://www.vi.nl/NieuwsItem/AjaxVerleng ... tColin.htm
It would appear this news broke a week early...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di mar 25, 2008 11:41 am

of my list to go he would be top!! Speachless. He is not remotely good enough .

Heits goes and we sign Colin.Our defence is poor enough even with Heits.

Gesloten