UEFA competitions (CL, EL)

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » wo apr 13, 2005 4:38 pm

Over Pasanens Head schreef:
jakobg schreef:
jakobg schreef: Maybe yesterday was a good alarm clock for the Italian police. Let's prey to God the Juve fans will stay calm and that there will be no bloodbath tonight.
Hmm, got my own little discussion here. Well, anyways, Italian police has already arrested 8 persons after Juve fans attacked Liverpool fans with baseball bats. Good start. :eusa_doh:
I know that you should be able to attend these type of matches, but you really have to be a thick scouser to go to this one.
Its not rocket science to work out that the Turin thugs will crawl out from under their stones for this one.
And it smells funny for Italian fanatics re: the Anfield game, now that's going to be some rude scousish ass-kicking....
meh :|

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » wo apr 13, 2005 10:24 pm

It seems that PSV are having the best season a Dutch team has had in many years actually: First beating the shit out of everybode in Eredivisie and now they just made it through to the semifinals in the CL after beating Lyon on penalties.

MAN! Do I whish that those tw¤%ts do NOT make any further. To quote another quote: This is insane, we've got to stop!"

EDIT: Are you really in Long Beach Bertie?
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » wo apr 13, 2005 10:28 pm

Per schreef:It seems that PSV are having the best season a Dutch team has had in many years actually: First beating the shit out of everybode in Eredivisie and now they just made it through to the semifinals in the CL after beating Lyon on penalties.

MAN! Do I whish that those tw¤%ts do NOT make any further. To quote another quote: This is insane, we've got to stop!"

EDIT: Are you really in Long Beach Bertie?
I wish I was.....

And that PSV was not in the semis, they're as shitty as tonight's referee, Kim Nielsen.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » do apr 14, 2005 1:30 am

Not happy PSV are thru,but I am glad that three new faces are in the final four.And that at least three of the clubs will push the tempo. That said,I hope the semi-finalists beat each other unconscious.Can't stand any of them.

I hope the criminals who caused the mayhem in Milan and the tumult in Turin have the book thrown at them.A lifetime ban plus jail time, where applicable, doesn't seem penalty enough to me. Beyond this, it is apalling to me the it takes this kind of blatant thuggery to get people talking about changing things like seating policies in stadiums, how thorough fans are checked,police and steward presence,etc.. Thank heaven noone has died in the last two days.

I think the sight which made me hurl :pukey: most of all was a Milan director(I forget his name) telling a SkySports News questioner ,the comment aired between 7 and 8 e.s.t. tonight,that he hoped Inter would not receive a ban after the actions of last night.Yeah, a spanking with a leather strap and no dinner should be sufficient.If that isn't enabling a problem,I don't know what is. Nice to know you can be an imbecile and still get a good job.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Kilroy

AZ - Villareal

Bericht door Kilroy » do apr 14, 2005 2:11 am

USA viewers please note, that AZ - Villareal can be viewed "live" on "GOL-TV", e.g. on Echostar - Dish Network Channel 407, at 11:30 PDT, 14:30 EDT probably with English commentary.

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » do apr 14, 2005 7:42 am

Blind3 schreef:I think the sight which made me hurl :pukey: most of all was a Milan director(I forget his name) telling a SkySports News questioner ,the comment aired between 7 and 8 e.s.t. tonight,that he hoped Inter would not receive a ban after the actions of last night.Yeah, a spanking with a leather strap and no dinner should be sufficient.If that isn't enabling a problem,I don't know what is. Nice to know you can be an imbecile and still get a good job.
It's because the fans (hooligans) hold immense power over the clubs......

"Ultra tails wagging the Serie A dogs":

http://football.guardian.co.uk/champion ... 83,00.html
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do apr 14, 2005 7:54 am

Some Lazio fans we waving nazi flags during last sunday's games.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do apr 14, 2005 9:05 am

philippe schreef:Some Lazio fans we waving nazi flags during last sunday's games.
Yeah. Nazio Roma are the worst. I hate that club.

K.
Still alive...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do apr 14, 2005 9:11 am

They are on my list, as well as real Madrid, psg, feyenoord, just to name a few.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » do apr 14, 2005 9:20 am

Kowalczyk schreef:
philippe schreef:Some Lazio fans we waving nazi flags during last sunday's games.
Yeah. Nazio Roma are the worst. I hate that club.

K.
And strangely enough, I read an article a few days ago where the chairman said that the fascist banners weren't the clubs responsibility. What the fuck???

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do apr 14, 2005 9:43 am

Their key player is a fascist, their hard core fans are fascists.
Lazio is a piece of shit.

let's support AS Roma ;)

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » do apr 14, 2005 9:52 am

philippe schreef:Their key player is a fascist, their hard core fans are fascists.
Lazio is a piece of shit.

let's support AS Roma ;)
If I had to choose between the a) fascists at Lazio and the b) pantywaists at Roma, I think I would choose c) a slow, painful suicide. :pukey: :pukey: :pukey: :pukey:

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » do apr 14, 2005 10:10 am

aveslacker schreef:If I had to choose between the a) fascists at Lazio and the b) pantywaists at Roma, I think I would choose c) a slow, painful suicide. :pukey: :pukey: :pukey: :pukey:
Yup...it's the same difference.

How does the old quote go? "Politics is a circle...fascism and communism intersect, and the opposite is liberal democracy"....or something like that....

From a simpler football/holligan perspective, Roma fans are no angels either.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do apr 14, 2005 10:24 am

In Italy I generally don't root for any club in particular, to be honest. Well, okay: for Genoa 1893. We played them in the semi-finals of the UEFA Cup in 1992, they were great, the best visiting fans I've ever seen in Amsterdam. I met a really beautiful girl on match day. We talked a while, and at some point she actually snogged me :yes: She gave me her scarf (still have it). Great memories.

I also loved their colours and the two jerseys they wore in the game against Ajax. So yeah, Genoa would be my fave Italian club.

But from the Serie A? No preference. I really hate Nazio, but I can't say I would root for AS Roma instead, as they were the most negative football team that ever visited Amsterdam (they played without a single striker; Totti was their most forward man). We outplayed them for 90 minutes, won 2-1, but after the game that c#nt Cappello had the guts to say that Ajax didn't deserve the win. They never had the intention to cross the middle line or even possess the ball...

I don't have a favourite team in Spain (I do not feel anything special for Barcelona), Germany (never disliked Bayern München, tho), Greece, Turkey or whatever. In England I kind of root for Spurs (although I couldn't tell you their line-up to save the planet) and hope that Man Utd and Chelsea go down to the toilet (too much money, too much 'businesses'; no sympathy for that).

In France I kind of like Paris St Germain, but more because I would love to play them one day. No real allegiance. If I had to choose between Celtic and Rangers I would go for Celtic.

In general, I have real sympathy for Scandinavian and British teams (except Man Utd and Chelsea), although I lash out at English clubs in general quite regularly because I truly hate the romantic picture that many Dutchies have of English football. Many Dutch fans always say that everything's much better and nicer and more traditional in England than it is at the Amsterdam ArenA, for example. That's bollocks and I like to tell people that.

But in general I would normally root for Scandinavians and Brits. Unlike most other Dutchies I have nothing against Germans. I really hate Italian teams - and their fans even more (no communication on match day, taking themselves way too seriously and totally unable to laugh at themselves a bit and have a beer).

K.
Still alive...

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » do apr 14, 2005 10:26 am

Manneken Pis schreef: "Politics is a circle...fascism and communism intersect, and the opposite is liberal democracy"....
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmw I'm biting my lips right now.....

No politics on the boards, no politics on the boards, no politics on the boards......

</mantra>

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » do apr 14, 2005 10:31 am

Kowalczyk schreef: I really hate Italian teams - and their fans even more (no communication on match day, taking themselves way too seriously and totally unable to laugh at themselves a bit and have a beer).

K.
Bit of a generalisation there Ko - but you probably write as you have found. I will have to drag you along to an Inter game (no flares please) so you can see the other side of the coin.
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » do apr 14, 2005 10:32 am

BTW you can add Inter to the list of right wing clubs in Italy. There Ultras are fiercly right wing.

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » do apr 14, 2005 10:41 am

Carcajou schreef:
Manneken Pis schreef: "Politics is a circle...fascism and communism intersect, and the opposite is liberal democracy"....
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmw I'm biting my lips right now.....

No politics on the boards, no politics on the boards, no politics on the boards......

</mantra>
Fair comment.....apologies.
Happy to "discuss" off line tho......... ;)

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do apr 14, 2005 10:44 am

Kowalczyk schreef:In France I kind of like Paris St Germain,
their boulogne fans are notorious nazis, coloured people can not get near to their stand, and it's a scandal that has been going on for years.
they are the shame of the city.
just have to add that there was a lunatic among those guys who tried to shoot Chirac with some kind a fun fair gun two years ago. he failed :D

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » do apr 14, 2005 10:50 am

""Politics is a circle...fascism and communism intersect, and the opposite is liberal democracy"...."

Complete bollocks.

I can't stand Italian football.

The goallie rolls the ball out to the full-back. I go to the kitchen. I get a beer out of the fridge, make myself a cheese and pickle sandwich, come back into the living-room and the ball has just reached the half-way line.

Y-a-w-n.

I mean why bother? If I wanted to be that bored I'd take up fishing - or watch basket ball.

If i do support an Italian team it would be Chievo; because of the whole flying donkey thing.

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » do apr 14, 2005 10:51 am

philippe schreef:
just have to add that there was a lunatic among those guys who tried to shoot Chirac with some kind a fun fair gun two years ago. he failed :D
"Day of the Jackass!"
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » do apr 14, 2005 10:55 am

Manneken Pis schreef:
philippe schreef:
"Day of the Jackass!"
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
And he was a convinced neo nazi. Like some 200 hardcore supporters of PSG, the crappiest French club ever.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » do apr 14, 2005 11:15 am

The Purple Cow schreef:""Politics is a circle...fascism and communism intersect, and the opposite is liberal democracy"...."

Complete bollocks.

I can't stand Italian football.

The goallie rolls the ball out to the full-back. I go to the kitchen. I get a beer out of the fridge, make myself a cheese and pickle sandwich, come back into the living-room and the ball has just reached the half-way line.

Y-a-w-n.

I mean why bother? If I wanted to be that bored I'd take up fishing - or watch basket ball.

If i do support an Italian team it would be Chievo; because of the whole flying donkey thing.
Here's what I hate about the Italian game: it is the Roma - Leverkusen CL game. Roma scores early and immediately begins time wasting. On one of the rare Roma forays near the midfield stripe, a Roma player is dispossessed of the ball. He falls down, grabs his shin, groans to the heavens and rolls over three or four times - a sure sign that he is faking it. Play goes on. Player stays down. Eventually Leverkusen kick the ball out of bounds. After the keystone kops, er, medics with the stretcher come out on the field, give the guy some vagisil, er cold spray, he gets up. The whole thing was one of those stupid time wasting ploys by the "sophisticated" continental clubs. But what really annoys me is that this all happened in the 30TH F*&%ING MINUTE OF THE FIRST HALF!!!

Thank God Leverkusen came back and beat them good (something like 3-1).

What is strange is that Italians are supposedly lovers of beauty in all things in their daily life. Why they settle for this tripe is beyond me.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » do apr 14, 2005 11:18 am

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » do apr 14, 2005 11:24 am

[quote="aveslacker]
Here's what I hate about the Italian game: it is the Roma - Leverkusen CL game. Roma scores early and immediately begins time wasting. On one of the rare Roma forays near the midfield stripe, a Roma player is dispossessed of the ball. He falls down, grabs his shin, groans to the heavens and rolls over three or four times - a sure sign that he is faking it.
[/quote]

Do you mean a bit like Rosales @ Ajax . This goes on in every country, not just in Italy.

Plaats reactie