Hedwiges Maduro

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

dws

Bericht door dws » do mar 01, 2007 2:20 pm

Over Pasanens Head schreef:
Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:Every player has a shit season once in a while, we all no what Maduro is capable of doing. Letting him go would be a big mistake....let`s hope ajax wake up and give the kid another chance.
Maduro could be suffering from the same malaise that has inflicted KJH and Urby to a lesser extent this season.

These guys are young and they had very little rest over the summer as they were playing in the under whatever it is tournie. The guys are just stale and maybe even knackered. They need a nice long summer to re-energise their batteries.
let's keep him. He played well in the return v's Bremen and has put in good performances in the games that followed.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma mar 05, 2007 10:59 pm

Talks with AJAX this week. We had better give him a new contract as PSV say they fancy him.

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » ma mar 05, 2007 11:05 pm

He spoke with Ajax today indeed. And according to reports today published today, is not "the priority" of PSV. The contrary would have been surprising.

He played the first half with Jong Ajax this night btw. They lost at the ArenA 0-2 to Jong kakkerlaken :redcard:
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

ajax-erie

Bericht door ajax-erie » di mar 20, 2007 3:00 am

I'M NOT SO SURE ABOUT MADURO-AS FAR AS CONTRACT TALKS
SIGN HIM AND THEN AJAX WOULD HAVE THE OPTION TO KEEP/SELL
MADURO DOWN THE ROAD-IF HE DOES NOT COME BACK INTO FORM
IS HE TIRED OR HAVING A DOWN YEAR?-MADURO HAS NOT PLAYED
WELL SINCE HE WAS "CAPPED" FOR THE "ORANJE"-BUT IF AJAX AND
VAN BASTEN BELIEVE IN HIM, I WILL DEFER MY OPINION ON HIM...
I WISH ONLY THE BEST FOR MADURO!!!
ONCE AJAX-ALWAYS AJAX

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di mar 20, 2007 7:27 am

Ajax-Erie, no offence (and by the way: many thanks for your very kind PM, the other day!), but would you be so kind to press CapsLock next time you write a posting? All those capital characters... It's as if you're yelling at us, mate... :D

:xyxthumbs:

K.
Still alive...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di mar 20, 2007 11:36 pm

A report from Channel 4 states Juventus had scouts on Sunday and fancy KJH
and Heitinga . Since then there are added reports that Juventus fancy Maduro.

Of KJH and Heitinga so what I imagine scouts watch us all the time but as for Juve wanting Maduro I am a bit at a loss. All these paper stories are made up but this one is unbelievable. Juve wanting someone who cannot get a place in our first team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS After the so called deal for Zlatan I hope our club never does business with
these slimeballs from Italy ever.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo mar 21, 2007 11:11 am

these guys are cheats, and I hope they will stay in serie B :kloguck:
Appie, stay strong !

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » wo mar 21, 2007 12:34 pm

SPL schreef: PS After the so called deal for Zlatan I hope our club never does business with
these slimeballs from Italy ever.
It's easy to blame Juventus but what about Ajax ? If they consent such a crap deal it is only their fault...
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo mar 21, 2007 1:11 pm

Exactly. Totally Ajax's own fault. Apparently they wanted to get rid of Zlatan quite badly - and they accepted a shit bid in six installments or whatever it was. Very stupid.

What makes it even more stupid: one of the reasons why they wanted to ditch Zlatan was because he had a conflict with VDV at the time. Ajax chose VDV's side and let Zlatan go for crap money, only to see VDV walk out of the door for only 5 million, not much later.

Juventus are the football equivalent of the mob and it's scandalous that they always get away with it, but whoever still does business with them is not very smart, to say the least. Just tell them to f**k off, it's as simple as that. Ajax failed to do so, which is daft.

K.
Still alive...

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » wo mar 21, 2007 3:25 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Exactly. Totally Ajax's own fault. Apparently they wanted to get rid of Zlatan quite badly - and they accepted a shit bid in six installments or whatever it was. Very stupid.

What makes it even more stupid: one of the reasons why they wanted to ditch Zlatan was because he had a conflict with VDV at the time. Ajax chose VDV's side and let Zlatan go for crap money, only to see VDV walk out of the door for only 5 million, not much later.

Juventus are the football equivalent of the mob and it's scandalous that they always get away with it, but whoever still does business with them is not very smart, to say the least. Just tell them to f**k off, it's as simple as that. Ajax failed to do so, which is daft.

K.
Wasn't the Chivu to Roma deal even shittier for Ajax?

Here I want to repeat yet again my contention that Ajax under van Geel appears to be a bit smarter than that.

Let's hope so, anyway.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo mar 21, 2007 6:12 pm

I would agree that under Van Geel I don't see any repeat of Zlatan deal.He is making sure that we do not lose anymore Bosmans.

Obviously Maduro will either be given an extension or leave come the summer. Press states £2m. He would probably benefit with a season at AZ under Van Gaal!!!

ajax-erie

Bericht door ajax-erie » do mei 10, 2007 12:44 am

Agent reveals Juventus rivals for Ajax's Maduro

The agent of Ajax midfielder Hedwiges Maduro has revealed the interest of Juventus in the 22 year-old.
Alberto Faccini told Tutto Mercato Web: "He is contracted to Ajax until 2008 and given the way he has played this season it's obvious he is going to appeal to Italian clubs.

"Juventus are one of these, but they're not the only one to ask for information on the boy because Maduro is a target for Italy's biggest clubs."
ONCE AJAX-ALWAYS AJAX

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo jul 25, 2007 1:59 pm

Re-posting...
SPL schreef:Headline today on a Dutch site says Ajax will not sell Maduro this summer.
Isn't about time Ajax made a decision on the lad!!! Give him an extension we need him still as he is a talent.
K.
Still alive...

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » wo jul 25, 2007 5:53 pm

No way we can sell him now , unless Ajax bring in a multi-positional player who is more in the " polished article" and less in the "potential talent" category.

I have to say I'm a bit impatient to see this guy produce at Ajax 1 level consistently.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo jul 25, 2007 6:07 pm

The past two seasons have been a real nightmare for Maduro. He's had a really, really rough time, mentally. But he did well at the European Championship for U-21 teams this summer and there are signs that he's on his way back at Ajax-1 as well. He deserves another shot, needless to say that it will be his last. If he doesn't strike back this year, he'll be finished.

K.
Still alive...

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » di sep 11, 2007 10:22 am

Maduro is in talks with Ajax over a new contract
Get a Cock

ajax-erie

Bericht door ajax-erie » wo sep 12, 2007 3:50 am

Maduro is in talks with Ajax over a new contract

If Ajax and Maduro do not agree on a contract then sell him, only because
Maduro would leave on a free transfer next summer.
ONCE AJAX-ALWAYS AJAX

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » ma okt 01, 2007 12:53 pm

it seems that we offered a contract extention for Maduro. i hope he'll be clever and will accept this deal :afca.gif:

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma okt 01, 2007 2:30 pm

Hats off to Maduro for the way he returned to form.

And hats off to Van Geel for the way he dealt with this case: patiently, but without letting Maduro slide further downhill. Excellent work from the club.

If Maduro, in his current form, pens a new deal, it would be a wonderful moment for the club and the player. I really thought Maduro had lost it (and that Ajax had lost Maduro).

K.
Still alive...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma okt 01, 2007 2:33 pm

I fully agree with you, Ko, let's cross fingers.
Appie, stay strong !

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma okt 01, 2007 6:32 pm

Hopefully he will agree. I still think we should have signed him to a new contract back in the summer and not leaving it to Oct ie 9 months before expiring. If he says no we have to sell him in January and will probably get 1m euros. Had we sold him back in the summer we would have got at least 3m euros!! This of course is minimal compared with the amounts we have lost over the past 2 years to Bosmans.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » vr dec 07, 2007 10:38 pm

Word in the Dutch language forums is that Inter are asking about him.

He could be our most successful export to Inter since Andy van der Meyde!

Yet another silly transfer rumor, I suppose.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma jan 21, 2008 9:00 am

So, Maduro has left the building. Off to Valencia.

News report is up on Ajax USA:
http://www.ajaxusa.com/news/2007-2008/k ... aduro.html

He's returned to form, respect for that, but I can totally see Ajax's point. The club are not to blame for this split. It's Maduro's choice; not Ajax's, although Maduro claims otherwise.

I also believe that this is a very stupid move. Ronald Koeman is f*cking things up at Valencia. Fair chance he'll get sacked. To the new boss, Maduro will be some young Dutch kid, bought for only 3 million. And he won't set La Liga on fire anyway. He'll probably see some action in his first weeks, but in about six months everybody in Spain and Holland will have forgotten about him. If he wants to set foot on the grass of Valencia's stadium in six months' time, he will have to buy a ticket for a guided tour...

Too bad. He could have developed into a good player over here.

K.
Still alive...

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » ma jan 21, 2008 9:29 am

Kowalczyk schreef:So, Maduro has left the building. Off to Valencia.

News report is up on Ajax USA:
http://www.ajaxusa.com/news/2007-2008/k ... aduro.html

He's returned to form, respect for that, but I can totally see Ajax's point. The club are not to blame for this split. It's Maduro's choice; not Ajax's, although Maduro claims otherwise.

K.
It's a pity he's gone as I think he was a very useful player with the potential to get better. Either he or his advisors are extremely naive (or not 100% truthful) though "They kept me waiting for a long time. Now I had to keep the club waiting for a bit longer – and they withdraw their offer, just like that". That's absolutely standard fare, in business, work and life. I'm sure that he would have still got his contract (perhaps not on quite the same terms) but there's always going to be a deadline.

I suppose I can sort of believe both sides. Ajax didn't particularly want to lose him and he didn't particularly want to leave but as usual it's in the interests of his agents and "advisors" to get as many moves as possible.

The player with the current record combined transfers (£87 million I think - Nicholas Anelka) is a good, not a great player but I'm sure his agents are very very happy.
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » ma jan 21, 2008 4:12 pm

SE6Ajacied schreef: The player with the current record combined transfers (£87 million I think - Nicholas Anelka) is a good, not a great player but I'm sure his agents are very very happy.
His agent is his brother if I'm not mistaken.....
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Gesloten