Ajax on Television (+ Webcasts, YouTube etc.)

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

BPBlueSox
Contacteer:

Bericht door BPBlueSox » di apr 12, 2005 2:50 am

BPBlueSox schreef:
Chugger schreef:
BPBlueSox schreef:Just thought I would mention that the torrent website says it will have the NEC-Ajax affair uploaded.
Where did you see that, I can't find it...
It was up there yesterday. They must have taken it down already if you were looking today. http://ftrtorrents.blog-city.com/
Well, so much for that! The website seems to be gone. :(

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » zo apr 17, 2005 7:12 am

It appears to be back at a new address. Looks like I get to see the Classic!

http://soccervideos.blog-city.com/

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » zo apr 17, 2005 5:50 pm

Chugger schreef:It appears to be back at a new address. Looks like I get to see the Classic!

http://soccervideos.blog-city.com/
Is there a torrent available somewhere ?
meh :|

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » ma apr 18, 2005 11:46 am

Well they claimed there would be but it switched to PSV-Willem II halfway through the match. Someone on Maxxed said they could cap it at the end of the week, so if we're patient we still get to see it.

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » ma apr 18, 2005 11:53 am

Chugger schreef:Well they claimed there would be but it switched to PSV-Willem II halfway through the match. Someone on Maxxed said they could cap it at the end of the week, so if we're patient we still get to see it.
Completely absurd and stupid choice. Of course I can't complain because it is a free service, but still....

Look at the games, look at the scores, I mean everything gives you an idea of what game you should provide as a torrent.....

Another point for the Korean lobby X'C :D :D

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » ma apr 18, 2005 6:35 pm

For someone in the internet wilderness,the Fox Report highlights were definitely just the ticket.All 5 goals were shown.Grygera's was brilliant!! DeJong and Maduro showed cool finishes .I sometimes forget how young the latter two are;although Grygera is certainly not an old fart.

The only mention of the problems involving supporters was a mention of the own goals(i.e. fireworks going off in pockets)scored by F-word "supporters".If it sounds harsh to make fun of a person being injured, who's fault was it ultimately?
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » ma jun 27, 2005 2:13 pm

is eredivisie no longer on canal+ this season???
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » ma jun 27, 2005 2:20 pm

bluedaddy19 schreef:is eredivisie no longer on canal+ this season???
I think I remember something with the private channel of Jon "Fucking wanker with the fucking real TV shows that he can stuff up this ass" De Mol. Maybe it was the whole whampionship or only the Sunday show or something. Don't remember despite my brilliant memory *cough cough*

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » di jun 28, 2005 2:13 pm

bluedaddy19 schreef:is eredivisie no longer on canal+ this season???
Correct Mr De Mol bought the lot to launch a new channel.
NOS keeps a bit (Sat. night highlights).
Canal+ is in trouble.
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » di jun 28, 2005 5:17 pm

Manneken Pis schreef: Canal+ is in trouble.
They spent A LOT of money on French Footie, so they're kinda short on cash these days...

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo jun 29, 2005 9:58 am

There is an upside and a downside to the whole De Mol thing...

The downside is evident: it is a safe bet that Talpa (that's the name of De Mol's new station) will f*ck up the good old Sunday evening highlights show big time. This used to be on NOS Studio Sport (public TV) and they had a certain journalistic approach. Like the BBC in England, kind of. On Talpa it will be all 'entertainment' (which, in today's TV industry, is an equivalent for 'hysterical and retarded'). There will be ads everywhere and they will do all kinds of text messaging contests for idiots, like: 'From which city are Ajax? A. Amsterdam, B. Enschede or C. Tokyo? Text the correct answer to this-or-that number... (oh yeah, one more thing this will cost you 125 euros per text message and we will also spam you to death after that).

The upside is that there will be no more live games on Canal+. Which means there's a chance that the infamous 12:30 kick-off may belong to the past. Which is great news. I hated 12:30 games, especially if it was Roda or Groningen away (departure from the ArenA: 8:30 AM on Sunday or whatever).

For you foreigners it won't make much of a difference. I actually think that your chance of seeing an Ajax game on a regular basis will increase. Talpa are only interested in money, so I'm sure they'll try to strike some international deals for Eredivisie rights sooner or later. They are more likely to do that than the NOS.

K.
Still alive...

Eric*

Bericht door Eric* » wo jun 29, 2005 10:26 am

Kowalczyk schreef:There is an upside and a downside to the whole De Mol thing...

The downside is evident: it is a safe bet that Talpa (that's the name of De Mol's new station) will f*ck up the good old Sunday evening highlights show big time. This used to be on NOS Studio Sport (public TV) and they had a certain journalistic approach. Like the BBC in England, kind of. On Talpa it will be all 'entertainment' (which, in today's TV industry, is an equivalent for 'hysterical and retarded'). There will be ads everywhere and they will do all kinds of text messaging contests for idiots, like: 'From which city are Ajax? A. Amsterdam, B. Enschede or C. Tokyo? Text the correct answer to this-or-that number... (oh yeah, one more thing this will cost you 125 euros per text message and we will also spam you to death after that).

The upside is that there will be no more live games on Canal+. Which means there's a chance that the infamous 12:30 kick-off may belong to the past. Which is great news. I hated 12:30 games, especially if it was Roda or Groningen away (departure from the ArenA: 8:30 AM on Sunday or whatever).

For you foreigners it won't make much of a difference. I actually think that your chance of seeing an Ajax game on a regular basis will increase. Talpa are only interested in money, so I'm sure they'll try to strike some international deals for Eredivisie rights sooner or later. They are more likely to do that than the NOS.

K.
The later is not so obvious, since if my memory serves me right, the clubs have the Internet-rights, not Talpa.
You wanna be worshipped? Go to India and moo.

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » wo jun 29, 2005 10:30 am

I don't think you have to be so negatie, Ko. When the rights were sold to Talpa, the offer was that certain things were kept as they were. So the sports programme will be on sunday at 7 o' clock and that sort of things. Also I don't think that Talpa will put comercials between matches, because in that case the whole of the Netherlands will crush down and protest against it.

The rest of the whole Talpa network doesn't interest me at all. So if they leave the football alone, they can put comercial adverts in every single second broadcast time if they want to.

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » wo jun 29, 2005 10:47 am

Herenveen's chairman said that he has been promised there will be a lot less emphasis on Ajax on the new Talpa football show.

Apparently the over emphasis on Ajax in Studio Sport (which he called Studio Ajax) caused a lot of irritation to the other clubs in N.L. - and that was one of the major reasons why the clubs voted for the new deal.

I predict that Talpa may try that initialy, but by the winterstop as the ratings continue to fall, they will have to resort to S.S. levels of Ajax attention. The plain fact is that Ajax is far and away the biggest football brand in the Netherlands, and ratings will fall if people don't get to see much of them.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo jun 29, 2005 11:49 am

The Purple Cow schreef:Herenveen's chairman said that he has been promised there will be a lot less emphasis on Ajax on the new Talpa football show. Apparently the over emphasis on Ajax in Studio Sport (which he called Studio Ajax) caused a lot of irritation to the other clubs in N.L. - and that was one of the major reasons why the clubs voted for the new deal.
That is frustrated, provincial bollocks. Plain simple. Complete nonsense.

Less emphasis on Ajax on Talpa? Good for them. I don't care.

K.
Still alive...

Bert
Contacteer:

Bericht door Bert » wo jun 29, 2005 11:52 am

Kowalczyk schreef:
The Purple Cow schreef:Herenveen's chairman said that he has been promised there will be a lot less emphasis on Ajax on the new Talpa football show. Apparently the over emphasis on Ajax in Studio Sport (which he called Studio Ajax) caused a lot of irritation to the other clubs in N.L. - and that was one of the major reasons why the clubs voted for the new deal.
That is frustrated, provincial bollocks. Plain simple. Complete nonsense.

Less emphasis on Ajax on Talpa? Good for them. I don't care.

K.
But meanwhile all the other Dutch clubs talk about is Ajax. Hypocrites. :hypocrite:
Nog steeds eens met Boem.

En met niemand anders!

Frans

Bericht door Frans » wo jun 29, 2005 12:01 pm

Kowalczyk schreef: For you foreigners it won't make much of a difference. I actually think that your chance of seeing an Ajax game on a regular basis will increase. Talpa are only interested in money, so I'm sure they'll try to strike some international deals for Eredivisie rights sooner or later. They are more likely to do that than the NOS.

K.
Well, we get the highlights show on satellite here (bvn), and I quite enjoy that. I guess we'll still get the saturday show now, which is redundant since Ajax rarely plays on the saturday. Hopefully espn retains some rights so we still get an occasional full game.

ajaxusa
Contacteer:

Amsterdam Tournament to be shown live in U.S. on GOL TV

Bericht door ajaxusa » za jul 23, 2005 3:28 am

According to soccerTV.com, the upcoming Amsterdam Tournament will be shown LIVE on GOL TV in the United States. According to SoccerTV.com's GOL TV page, this channel is available on the following services:

DISH Network: Channel 853 (Spanish), 407 (English)
DirecTV: Channel 614
DirecTV Para Todos: Channel 426

Yay, I get to watch the tourney! :bis:

DanK

Bericht door DanK » za jul 23, 2005 8:26 am

Frans schreef:Hopefully espn retains some rights so we still get an occasional full game.
Good news for us Frans. Checked ESPN TV listings for august 14:
ESPN Pacific Rim
12:25 pm GMT (LIVE)
Dutch Football

Its also showing this for the 21st & 28th Aug.

So looks like ESPN still have the rights to show this in our area. bloddy brill :eusa_dance:

WP_Legend

Bericht door WP_Legend » za jul 23, 2005 9:56 am

good news! let's hope they broadcast ajax!

gforce99

Bericht door gforce99 » vr jul 29, 2005 12:18 pm

GOL TV
International Friendly AJAX-ARSENAL (live), 3 pm.

Can anyone in the US record this match for me?
Please email me. Thanks.

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » vr jul 29, 2005 12:40 pm

gforce99 schreef:GOL TV

Please email me. Thanks.
Read my comment in the 'Match of the day' section. It's probably the easiest way for you to watch the game.
Has anyone seen the Limecat?

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » vr jul 29, 2005 12:45 pm

jakobg schreef:
gforce99 schreef:GOL TV

Please email me. Thanks.
Read my comment in the 'Match of the day' section. It's probably the easiest way for you to watch the game.
Yes but what if he's doing something else at the same time ? Say mow the lawn or coaching his kids' soccer team ?

gforce99

Bericht door gforce99 » vr jul 29, 2005 1:20 pm

Yeah its not possible for me to use the Web to watch it.
Anyone interested in helping me out?
Thanks

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » vr jul 29, 2005 1:28 pm

Carcajou schreef: Yes but what if he's doing something else at the same time ? Say mow the lawn or coaching his kids' soccer team ?
He who? He as in he who's recording the games? It's not he, it's they and they are capping the game and it will be online. Or he as in he who's gonna downloand the game? He can leave his computer online and go to whatever kids' soccer training he wants to. ;)

But if you're on a 56k connection it's ofcourse not the best solution.
Has anyone seen the Limecat?

Plaats reactie