Daniël de Ridder

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » di apr 26, 2005 8:41 am

He did give an excellent performance against England u-21 afew weeks ago. This didn't go unnoticed in the UK, because he's been followed by 'Spurs and Newcastle regularly since then.

My guess is he would be better off at 'Spurs, partly because Newcastle is a basket-case club at the moment, partly because 'Spurs attacking play will suit his style, and partly because the 'Spurs fans (the Yids) will really take to haveing a good-looking Jewish player on their team.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di apr 26, 2005 9:13 am

who will be our right winger then ? we need one, at least one ...
Appie, stay strong !

DanK

Bericht door DanK » wo apr 27, 2005 12:05 pm

philippe schreef:who will be our right winger then ? we need one, at least one ...
If Rosales comes back...also Babel can be used as a winger, he can take on defenders without too many issues. He also seems to struggle occasionally down the centre. Maybe Ajax could try him there. Just a thought.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo apr 27, 2005 12:30 pm

Rosales ? I mean right winger : someone who can beat his opponent and deliver a cross, or go for a goal, not someone who runs towards the defenders until he is brought down.
Appie, stay strong !

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo apr 27, 2005 12:36 pm

philippe schreef:Rosales ? I mean right winger : someone who can beat his opponent and deliver a cross, or go for a goal, not someone who runs towards the defenders until he is brought down.
Pizza 5... is that you posting under Philippe's name...? :D

Seriously: I very strongly disagree with that image of Rosales. His form has not been great since the winter break, but before that (and also in some recent games) Rosales slips past his defender time and time again as if he's not even there. He can score a goal as a winger - and his crosses are definitely not always shit.

He does spend quite a lot of time on his ass, but that actually says a lot about his opponents, who are frequently forced to pull the emergency brake. They try to mow him down because he keeps beating them.

This guy was a great buy. Wait 'til he's back!

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Loan him out!

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do apr 28, 2005 2:21 pm

Ayman schreef:De Ridder should not be sold, if is sold he would go very cheaply, loan him out to a club like Twente Enschede so he gets First team football and maybe Uefa cup football aswell, then start to asess and review the season and decide either to keep or sell him the following season.
I like de Ridder he needs a chance and a run in the first team. But Blind is to Blind to see that.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo mei 04, 2005 8:08 am

According to English tabloid The Sun Tottenham Hotspur and Ajax have reached an agreement on the transfer fee to be paid for Daniël de Ridder: 2.5 million pounds (= approximately 3.7 million euros). Spurs are yet to talk to De Ridder about the terms of his contract.

We all know that The Sun is not exactly the world's most reliable publication, but I have a feeling that this is true and that Ridders is on his way to White Hart Lane.

I have accepted it. It is the best solution for all parties. It is not going to happen for him at Ajax, I'm afraid, and the transfer fee is quite good, I must say.

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo mei 04, 2005 11:53 am

Both De Ridder's agent (Karel Jansen) and Arie van Eijden say that it's absolute bollocks (source: AT5), which is indeed an option if the report was in The Sun...

K.
Still alive...

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » wo mei 04, 2005 6:39 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Both De Ridder's agent (Karel Jansen) and Arie van Eijden say that it's absolute bollocks (source: AT5), which is indeed an option if the report was in The Sun...

K.
Two years from now Pienaar and Sneijder will be gone and THEN Rdders could be our man for the n°10 position. BUT he's NOT going to wait that long.
meh :|

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Loan!

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do mei 05, 2005 2:03 pm

A loan deal... Now that would be a better idea! :xyxthumbs:

Check this!

K.
Still alive...

Mr. Ajax

Bericht door Mr. Ajax » do mei 05, 2005 2:11 pm

The Israeli newspapers have published an article this morning, reporting that the deal with Tottenham Hotspurs is finalised and De Ridder will be moving there this summer.
- Je bent net zolang gestoord tot je een genie bent -

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do mei 05, 2005 2:19 pm

Mr. Ajax schreef:The Israeli newspapers have published an article this morning, reporting that the deal with Tottenham Hotspurs is finalised and De Ridder will be moving there this summer.

You mean on loan?

K.
Still alive...

Mr. Ajax

Bericht door Mr. Ajax » do mei 05, 2005 2:25 pm

Not according to 'our' news... And this would be one of the times where I happen to trust the Israeli sports news; They always are/have been well informed when it comes to De Ridder.

I guess we will just have to wait and see...I don't expect AJAX will come out with news about a leaving player untill the end of the season...
- Je bent net zolang gestoord tot je een genie bent -

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » zo mei 15, 2005 8:42 am

They want him to leave so they can see him play
But he's going on loan :xyxthumbs:

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Ridders for Israel?

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo jun 22, 2005 9:30 am

Still alive...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo jun 22, 2005 9:39 am

that's very worrying, for sure De Ridder has a high potential
Appie, stay strong !

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo jul 17, 2005 3:08 pm

De Ridder was great against Rijnsburg yesterday, especially in the second half when he played on the left. He was, in fact, the best left winger we've had so far in the campaign.

I hope that Mr Blind wasn't blinded by the sunlight during the game, so that he could see that there is absolutely no way in the world that Tom De Mul is a better player than Ridders. Give him some serious playing time in the bigger friendlies (Bielefeld and the Amsterdam Tourney) - and he will prove it.

K.
Still alive...

pizza 5

Bericht door pizza 5 » za jul 23, 2005 9:03 pm

This guy has to be given a go this season,I cant understand how he is not already so pissed off he hasnt left in the summer.Newcastle were having a good look at him for a while.
Don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.....

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » zo jul 24, 2005 3:45 am

He was being used in the friendlies and done well, I havent seen De Mul playing as much or well as De Ridder, so its logical for Blind to put him on the right
Get a Cock

Berend Stoker

Bericht door Berend Stoker » zo jul 24, 2005 10:25 am

pizza 5 schreef:This guy has to be given a go this season,I cant understand how he is not already so pissed off he hasnt left in the summer.Newcastle were having a good look at him for a while.
...and didn't buy him!

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo aug 10, 2005 11:30 am

Algemeen Dagblad reports that Celta de Vigo are seriously interested in De Ridder...

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma aug 22, 2005 1:20 pm

Ridders' agent is quoted on Highlow.nl saying that tonight's match between Young Ajax and Young RKC at De Toekomst may well be Daniël de Ridder's for Ajax: "You may expect that tonight's game will be Daniel's last in an Ajax jersey."

According to reports Olympique Marseille, AS Monaco and a number of unnamed English and Italian sides are interested in the Ajax winger's services.

Damn. It's my mum's birthday today and we're going for dinner a restaurant in Muiden tonight. Otherwise I would have gone to De Toekomst, for sure. I hope the supporters will do something special...

K.
Still alive...

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » ma aug 22, 2005 1:47 pm

Kowalczyk schreef: I hope the supporters will do something special...

K.

Like have a whip-round for his petrol? :D
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma aug 22, 2005 1:54 pm

De Ridder is an excellent player and I can not understand why Ajax would let him go. :nooo:
Appie, stay strong !

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » ma aug 22, 2005 2:04 pm

philippe schreef:De Ridder is an excellent player and I can not understand why Ajax would let him go. :nooo:
But the proof wasn't there in the games in which he appeared in for Ajax plus I am guessing that he didn't perform at training either.

I have to say on what I have seen of him that I donot believe he is worthy of a starting slot. He always appeared to have all the attributes to perform at a high level but for some reason never has done so far in his career at Ajax.
However, I have a feeling that he could well prove Ajax wrong and turn into a really good player.
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

Gesloten