Young Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Young Ajax - Young ADO Den Haag: 4-1

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di apr 26, 2005 6:17 am

SPL schreef:More A1 players with contracts . Milano Koenders, Tom Kalkhuis and Javier Martina have all been given 2 year contracts.
And the contract of Robin Muller van Moppes has been extended by one season and will now expire in the summer of 2006. He was on a deal until the summer of 2005, but hardly played any games this season due to a very serious knee injury (similar to Maxwell's, actually). He's getting a new chance to prove himself.

Anyways... Young Ajax vs Young ADO Den Haag, yesterday night @ De Toekomst. Piece of cake for Young Ajax; Den Haag are the bottom side in the Beloftencompetitie. The 'big man' for Young Ajax was Rachid Tiberkanine, who scored three goals: 1-0 and 2-0 before the break (Nourdin Boukhari made it 3-0, still in the first half) and 4-1 in the second half, after a chap named Elia had scored for Den Haag.

Special mention for Gaston Sangoy, who had a good game and gave the assists for several Ajax goals, and for goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg, who saved a penalty when Ajax's lead was only 1-0.

The big news: Tomás Galásek finally returned to action after four months of rehab. He would have made his comeback last week in Volendam, but got ill and had to postpone it. Galásek played for 75 minutes and was then replaced by Pierre Tosch, one of the Ajax Saturday-1 players on the Young Ajax bench (the other one was Orville Blankendal). Also on the bench: Etienne Esajas and Robert Zwinkels, both recovered from injuries (and both on their way out at season's end).

Galásek after the game: "I couldn't train much this week and could have returned sooner, but I'm glad that I played. I hope I can play a few games with the first team before the end of the season and hopefully two qualifiers for the Czech Republic. I feel good now. I hope that will still be the case when I wake up tomorrow morning."

Welcome back, Tomás! :xyxthumbs:

Standings:

1. Young Ajax: 21-51
2. Young Feyenoord: 23-49
3. Young Twente: 21-40

Young Den Haag are bottom (23-11), no less than seven points behind Young Excelsior. Den Haag are on their way down, for sure.

There are 14 teams in the league, so 26 games to play. The five remaining fixtures for Young Ajax are:

28 Apr: Young Heracles Almelo (h)
02 May: Young Heerenveen (a)
05 May: Young Twente (a)
09 May: Young RKC Waalwijk (h)
17 May: Young NAC (a)

Young Ajax still have two games in hand, but things can go very quickly from now on (three games in the next ten days). If they beat Heracles and Heerenveen they'll be seven points ahead of Feyenoord after 23 games, which would mean that Twente away could (in theory) be the championship winner...

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Young Ajax - Young Heracles Almelo: 0-0

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr apr 29, 2005 7:05 am

"This was bad. Very bad," said Young Ajax coach John van den Brom after his team's home game against Young Heracles Almelo (0-0). The headline of the match report on Ajax.nl: "Young Ajax play against themselves."

Sums it all up. Piss-poor game, hardly any chances against a physically superior opponent fighting to avoid relegation.

This was the line-up:
Lobont; Boakye, Kras, Obodai, Filipe; Sahadewsing, Tiberkanine, Lindgren (46. Moisander); De Mul (46. Koenders), Sangoy, Esajas (67. Schilder).

Top of the table:
1. Young Ajax: 22-52
2. Young Feyenoord: 23-49
3. Young Twente: 21-40

Four more games to go...

K.
Still alive...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr apr 29, 2005 10:40 am

Looking at last night's team 3 of them Sangoy, Kras and Filipe are being released, Esajas is leaving, and Lobont is likely to leave. With the future in mind why are we playing these players? Iaccept no decision on Lobont has been made but the others are not good enough for Ajax next season., Surely we should now be giving some of the recently signed players a game.They couldn't do worse than yesterdays game!!

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Young Heerenveen - Young Ajax: 1-1

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di mei 03, 2005 7:17 am

No report on Ajax.nl yet, but SC Heerenveen.nl already has a report of yesterday's Beloftencompetitie fixture between Young Heerenveen and Young Ajax. Young Heerenveen normally play their home games at Sportpark Skoatterwâld, but they have very loyal and fanatical fans. Therefore, they sometimes have to play reserves games at Abe Lenstra Stadium due to large attendances. The game against Young Ajax was such a game: more than 8,000 people showed up at the stadium to see Young Ajax take the lead after only two minutes. Mitea tapped home on a De Ridder cross: 0-1 (2').

Both Heerenveen and Ajax had a string of chances in the first half of what was an extremely entertaining and lively game. After the break Heerenveen equalized: 1-1 by Martijn Barto. Heerenveen were the dominant side in the second half, although one of the best chances was for Gaston Sangoy, in the dying minutes.

Line-up:

Stekelenburg; Obodai (46. Boakye), Kras, Emanuelson, Moisander; Lindgren, Tiberkanine (60. Aborah), Boukhari; De Ridder (75. Sahadewsing), Sangoy, Mitea.

Young Ajax have dropped four points in the last three games. They are still one point ahead of Young Feyenoord with a game in hand, but it's about time they get it over with now!! Next game: Thursday at Young Twente.

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Young Twente - Young Ajax: 0-0

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr mei 06, 2005 7:20 am

And once again Young Ajax failed to win... No goals were scored in Enschede last night (in the afternoon, actually).

In this case, however, coach John van den Brom was not unhappy with the result: he had to do without Sangoy and Boakye (suspended), as well as Esajas, De Mul and Kras (injured). Saturday amateurs Pierre Tosh, Orville Blankendal and Mark Geestman were added to the squad and so were Robert Schilder, Milano Koenders, Marijn Sterk and Murat Yildirim of Ajax A1.

Van den Brom did not have a single winger to his availability, so he opted for a 4-4-2 formation with two 'midgets' (Aborah and Tiberkanine) as the strikers - and they aren't even real strikers.

The line-up: Vermeer; Tosh, Geestman, Schilder, Moisander; Koenders, Yildirm, Sahadewsing, Sterk; Aborah, Tiberkanine.

No surprise that Ajax hardly had any scoring chances. At the other end the hosts were hardly dangerous also, so it is a fair conclusion that this was a very dull game, which Ajax had almost won in the last minute, when Stanley Aborah hit the cross-bar.

Ajax now played the same number of games as Young Feyenoord (finally) -and their once enormous lead is only two points. Two more games to go. If Young Ajax beat Young RKC at De Toekomst on Monday 09 May (kick-off 18:30 CET) and Feyenoord drop points, the championship can be celebrated.

K.
Still alive...

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » vr mei 06, 2005 9:31 am

Do you know anything about Ajacieden on U-17 Euro Championship finals? Who was called to the national teams?

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Young Ajax - Young RKC Waalwijk: 2-2

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di mei 10, 2005 6:02 am

Unbelievable but true: in spite of having been the league leaders throughout the season (and the gap was enormous) Young Ajax now seem to have thrown it all away one game before the end. They took the lead twice against Young RKC at De Toekomst, but a last minute equalizer from defender Fung A Wing made it 2-2, while the visitors were down to ten men. If Feyenoord win their last game they will be the champions.

"It's unbelievable," said coach John van den Brom after the game. "I'm exhausted. Totally knackered. Very disappointed. But I can't blame the boys for anything today. It was a tough and and very physical game. We've been tops all season and now we have nothing. That's very bitter. But we have to be honest: based on the last five weeks we don't deserve the championship."

Some important moments from the game:

* After 10 minuted Rasmus Lindgren had to be replaced. The Swede has been injured for a long time, but picked up an injury once again.
* Urby Emanuelson made it 1-0. An amazing goal. He saw the goalkeeper standing too far away from his goal and fired from the middle line. The ball curved over the goalkeeper and into the net: 1-0.
* RKC did not have any chances in the first half, but got stronger in the second half. Nick van der Velden equalized in the 71st minute (long range shot).
* RKC defender Axwijk was sent off, after which Young Ajax increased the pressure. Nourdin Boukhari's free-kick was headed home by defender Emmanuel Boakye (81'): 2-1 against ten men, the points seemed in the pocket.
* The equalizer was once again a long range shot, this time from Cezero Fung A Wing, who gave it a try and saw the ball curve over Maarten Stekelenburg's hands, againt the underside of the cross-bar, after which a weird spin made it trickle across the goal-line: 2-2.

There still is a chance: Young Ajax must win their last game of the season at Young NAC Breda, while Young F-Word will have to drop points in their last game, at Young PSV...

Line-up: Stekelenburg; Obodai, Boakye, Moisander, Emanuelson; Aborah (66. Tiberkanine), Lindgren (10. Sahadewsing), Boukhari; De Ridder, Sangoy, Mitea.

K.
Still alive...

Manneken Pis

Re: Young Ajax - Young RKC Waalwijk: 2-2

Bericht door Manneken Pis » di mei 10, 2005 7:38 am

Kowalczyk schreef:Unbelievable but true: in spite of having been the league leaders throughout the season (and the gap was enormous) Young Ajax now seem to have thrown it all away one game before the end. They took the lead twice against Young RKC at De Toekomst, but a last minute equalizer from defender Fung A Wing made it 2-2, while the visitors were down to ten men.
K.
The "Dutch last minute disease" strikes again....
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di mei 10, 2005 10:18 am

Manneken Pis schreef:The "Dutch last minute disease" strikes again....
The team that scored in the last minute had more Dutchies in it than the team that conceded a goal in the last minute...

K.
Still alive...

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » di mei 10, 2005 11:27 am

That's the problem, Young and even senior Ajax are getting too much foreigners, becoming a ghetto.

As for Stekelenburg he should be the first choice keeper instead of Vonk, I was pissed when he missed Kuyt's slip shot in Ajax's 3-2 win over Feyenoord :nooo:

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di mei 10, 2005 12:05 pm

ZoefdeHaas schreef:As for Stekelenburg he should be the first choice keeper instead of Vonk, I was pissed when he missed Kuyt's slip shot in Ajax's 3-2 win over Feyenoord :nooo:
As if Stekelenburg makes less mistakes than Vonk...

If you ask me Vonk has been almost flawless, whereas Stekelenburg constantly gives me the creeps. He misses high crosses, is nervous, doesn't coach the defenders... To be honest I think he's absolutely shit.

My man is Vonk. And if he can't play, Boggy would be my second choice.

K.
Still alive...

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » di mei 10, 2005 1:24 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:As if Stekelenburg makes less mistakes than Vonk...

If you ask me Vonk has been almost flawless, whereas Stekelenburg constantly gives me the creeps. He misses high crosses, is nervous, doesn't coach the defenders... To be honest I think he's absolutely shit.

My man is Vonk. And if he can't play, Boggy would be my second choice.

K.
How come he ended up being this crap? I remember watching him in the Amsterdam Tournament a few seasons ago and I though: This guy is gonna be one of the best goalkeepers in the world. He made a huge impression on me. But now, the times I've seen him, he's been a big 'no no'. Did Koeman destroy him as well with all his 'you're gonna be first choice goalie' and then bench him again a few games later? Or is it just that he hasn't got the head to be a top class keeper?
Has anyone seen the Limecat?

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » di mei 10, 2005 1:33 pm

My impression is that despite being a good shot stopper, he can't handle crosses (doesn't "own" the six yard box) and can't organize his defense.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di mei 10, 2005 1:35 pm

jakobg schreef:How come he ended up being this crap? I remember watching him in the Amsterdam Tournament a few seasons ago and I though: This guy is gonna be one of the best goalkeepers in the world. He made a huge impression on me. But now, the times I've seen him, he's been a big 'no no'. Did Koeman destroy him as well with all his 'you're gonna be first choice goalie' and then bench him again a few games later? Or is it just that he hasn't got the head to be a top class keeper?
Right... Time for a change of thread. I will reply to this in the Stekelenburg thread... Follow me please! :yes:

http://www.ajaxtalk.nl/portal/viewtopic.php?t=5301

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

D-Day

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di mei 17, 2005 1:37 pm

Today is D-Day for Young Ajax...

They squandered a nine point lead in recent weeks and pretty much gave the championship away last week. Unless... they get really lucky. League leaders young f-word travel to young pee-$v tonight. If they win they're the 2005 Beloftencompetitie champions. If they drop points Young Ajax may clinch it after all, if they manage a win at Young NAC.

Kick-off time for both games: tonight, 18:30 CET.

K.
Still alive...

Arthur

Bericht door Arthur » di mei 17, 2005 7:42 pm

Young Ajax are champions after a spectacular night. Ajax had to win and Feyenoord had to lose to bring the shield to Amsterdam. Ajax had no problem with their part of the deal: they pulverised NAC (8-0).
Feyenoord however were leading 2-0 until a few minutes before the end, but somehow they managed to screw it up big time and lost 2-3 to PSV.

:bis:

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » di mei 17, 2005 8:08 pm

Arthur schreef:Young Ajax are champions after a spectacular night. Ajax had to win and Feyenoord had to lose to bring the shield to Amsterdam. Ajax had no problem with their part of the deal: they pulverised NAC (8-0).
Feyenoord however were leading 2-0 until a few minutes before the end, but somehow they managed to screw it up big time and lost 2-3 to PSV.

:bis:
You're slowly turning into a sort of good news messenger Arthur....

Thanks for the info buddy !!

There is only one Ajax !!! AAAAJJJJJJAAXXXX !!
meh :|

Arthur

Bericht door Arthur » di mei 17, 2005 8:19 pm

Just for accuracy: A draw for Feyenoord would have been enough for Ajax to become champions.
Jong PSV – Jong Feyenoord 3-2

Scoreverloop:

1´ 0-1 Zuiverloon
70´ 0-2 Leonardo
75´ 1-2 Carratta
88´ 2-2 Aissati
90´ 3-2 Beerens
Jong NAC - Jong Ajax 0-8
0-1 Sangoy
0-2 Boakye
0-3 Aborah
0-4 Sahadewsing
0-5 De Ridder
0-6 Boukhari
0-7 Sangoy
0-8 Mitea

Code: Selecteer alles

*Ajax*        26-58 sc Heerenveen 25-34
 Feyenoord     26-55 RKC Waalwijk  26-32
 FC Twente     25-48 FC Volendam   26-30
 PSV           26-44 NAC Breda     26-27
 FC Utrecht    25-40 Heracles Alm. 26-22
 Vitesse       26-40 Excelsior **  26-21
 Willem II     25-34 ADO D.Haag ** 26-14
I hope there will be a lot more good news to deliver next season :)

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di mei 17, 2005 9:17 pm

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

K.
Still alive...

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » di mei 17, 2005 9:58 pm

Arthur schreef:
Jong PSV – Jong Feyenoord 3-2

Scoreverloop:

88´ 2-2 Aissati
90´ 3-2 Beerens

Code: Selecteer alles

*Ajax*        26-58  
Feyenoord     26-55 
:)
:eusa_dance: :eusa_dance: Well, that made me laugh. Seems like jong Feyenoord are learning from the first team. Thanks for the giggle guys :xyxthumbs:
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » di mei 17, 2005 10:00 pm

Kowalczyk schreef::rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

K.
That sums it all ;) :D
meh :|

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » di mei 17, 2005 11:37 pm

Who was Jong Ajax's keeper last night?

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Young Ajax back in training!

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do jul 14, 2005 8:03 pm

The new season has also started for Young Ajax today. Today was their first training at De Toekomst. More info on the composition of the squad and their pre-season friendlies to follow later...

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Emmen - Young Ajax: 1-2

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma jul 25, 2005 9:46 am

Good result for Young Ajax in their pre-season friendly against the first team of First Division side FC Emmen: the Amsterdammers won by the score of 1-2. They went down in the first half (goal bij Van Dijk, 42') and definitely weren't the better team, but goals by Michael Timisela (80') and Robbert Schilder (89') brought Young Ajax the win. Which is a very good result indeed against a professional first team. Well done.

:xyxthumbs:

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do jul 28, 2005 7:41 am

Young Ajax won their pre-season friendly in the town of Wormerveer (just north of Amsterdam) against a team of amateur players from the area known as de Zaanstreek: 0-7.

Goals in the first half: 0-1 Niklas Moisander, 0-2 Stanley Aborah, 0-3 Rachid Tiberkanine, 0-4 Tom Kalkhuis. Goals in the second half: 0-5 Stanley Aborah (penalty), 0-6 Anne van der Kolk, 0-7 Johan Plat.

Line-up: Marco van Duin; Michael Timisela, Emmanuel Boakye (64. Milano Koenders), Robbert Schilder, Niklas Moisander (46. Jasper Kok); Rachid Tiberkanine (64. Jerghinio Sahadewsing), Stanley Aborah, Cees Keizer (46. Jan Vertonghen); Tom Kalkhuis, Johan Plat, Javier Martina (64. Anne van der Kolk).

Yep. Some new names to get used to...

For those of you who are in Holland this weekend (SE6Ajacied? Carcajou?): Young Ajax are in training camp in the coastal town of Schoorl at the moment and this weekend they will play at a tournament for reserves teams in Wormerveer (20 minute train ride from Amsterdam Central). Participants are Young AZ, Young Sparta Rotterdam, the reserves team of Schalke '04 and the first teams of amateur sides ADO '20 and Hollandia.

If you're bored on Saturday you might jump on a train watch a couple of games.

K.
Still alive...

Gesloten