Ajax Orlando

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

gforce99

Bericht door gforce99 » di feb 15, 2005 4:04 pm

I did get a new email giving me more confidence that at some point in the near future Ajax Orlando will go from a amatuer league to Pro soon.

DrDigital
Contacteer:

Name Change?

Bericht door DrDigital » di mar 08, 2005 10:20 am

FWIW, the only discussions I have heard regarding a name change would be to bring Ajax Orlando FC (AOFC) more closely in line with the parent club in Europe, while still focusing on the American market... OFC Ajax.

BTW, whatever happens will not be quick. The materials for the upcoming season and camps all still reflect Ajax Orlando FC.

This might be fun for speculation, but that is all it is at this point. Kind of like trying to figure out what Jack is going to do next on "24."

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Re: Name Change?

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di mar 08, 2005 10:23 am

DrDigital schreef:OFC Ajax.
That would be a nice name, I must say.

AFC Ajax and OFC Ajax. 'Amsterdam Football Club' and 'Orlando Football Club'.

No objections. :D

K.
Still alive...

DrDigital
Contacteer:

Barry Hulshoff reinforces local club ties to Amsterdam

Bericht door DrDigital » di mar 08, 2005 10:29 am

Orlando, Fla. – (January 13, 2005) – Ajax Orlando today announced the appointment of Barry Hulshoff as technical director. Hulshoff spent 11 years playing for the AFC Ajax Amsterdam First Team. Following his professional soccer career, Hulshoff coached and developed curriculum for the Ajax youth academy program. In his new position, Hulshoff will oversee training for all levels of player development and will ensure that players and coaches are trained in the Ajax method.

“Barry’s is one of the originals from Ajax Amsterdam’s “Golden Era.” His experience as a player and coach in the Ajax system is an asset to our entire organization and shows how committed Ajax Orlando is to bringing Ajax soccer to the United States,” stated Dart McCarty, youth operations director for Ajax Orlando.

Hulshoff played for the AFC Ajax Amsterdam First Team from 1966 – 1977. Throughout his career, his teams won many accolades including six Holland championships, five Dutch Cups, three European Cups, two European Super Cups, and one World Club Championship. Following his tenure with AFC Ajax, Hulshoff completed his final three years of professional soccer with the MVV Maastricht.
His coaching career has included top teams from Austria, Belgium, Greece and Holland. In 2004, Hulshoff participated in many Ajax Orlando summer soccer schools and camps across the United States offering his Ajax training expertise to coaches and participants.

About Ajax Orlando
Ajax Orlando is the exclusive American affiliate of AFC Ajax (Amsterdam). The company was founded in 2003 to scout, recruit and train the top soccer talent in the United States at its Orlando, Florida headquarters. In addition to operating its youth academy, Ajax Orlando administers national camps and international tournaments to seek out the nation’s premier soccer players. More information about Ajax Orlando can be found at http://www.AjaxOrlando.us.

Daily Blind

Bericht door Daily Blind » di mar 08, 2005 10:30 am

DrDigital schreef:FWIW, the only discussions I have heard regarding a name change would be to bring Ajax Orlando FC (AOFC) more closely in line with the parent club in Europe, while still focusing on the American market... OFC Ajax.

BTW, whatever happens will not be quick. The materials for the upcoming season and camps all still reflect Ajax Orlando FC.

This might be fun for speculation, but that is all it is at this point. Kind of like trying to figure out what Jack is going to do next on "24."
Do you know people from AOFC? I like to get a internship by AOFC.

DrDigital
Contacteer:

Bericht door DrDigital » di mar 08, 2005 10:36 am

Do you know people from AOFC? I like to get a internship by AOFC.
Yes. I started this thread. I serve as the webmeister for AOFC. Best point of contact for internships is Brian Long. Club contact information is at this link: http://www.ajaxorlando.us/About/58211.html. Been using local college students as interns thus far. Hope that helps.

Daily Blind

Bericht door Daily Blind » di mar 08, 2005 10:43 am

Ok thank you, I will contact him this summer when i will be in America for coaching on summercamps.

DrDigital
Contacteer:

Bericht door DrDigital » di mar 08, 2005 10:46 am

Pienaar10 schreef:Ok thank you, I will contact him this summer when i will be in America for coaching on summercamps.
Will you be coaching at any of the Ajax camps this summer? http://www.ajaxorlando.us/CAMPS/index_E.html

Daily Blind

Bericht door Daily Blind » di mar 08, 2005 12:26 pm

No i didn't know that was possible, but that will be great. Who can i contact for that? Do you know what the conditions are for a coach?

DrDigital
Contacteer:

Bericht door DrDigital » di mar 08, 2005 4:51 pm

Pienaar10 schreef:No i didn't know that was possible, but that will be great. Who can i contact for that? Do you know what the conditions are for a coach?
Again, Brian Long to START with. See if they have any needs for coaching assistants.

Daily Blind

Bericht door Daily Blind » di mar 08, 2005 8:11 pm

thank you! :xyxthumbs: i will contact him soon.

ajaxusa
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » do mar 10, 2005 5:44 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:My point is: it would be grotesque, a bit megalomaniac and very, very silly to re-name Ajax Orlando 'Ajax America' or - God forbid - 'Ajax USA', for the simple reason that soccer in America is hardly more popular than Beetle Racing in Holland.

By the way: what if they want to name themselves 'Ajax USA' and they claim our domain name on the web? We've been around since 1995, doing our (non-profit) thing for Ajax Amsterdam, long before Ajax Orlando was even founded, so I guess our position would be quite strong.
K.
But let me say: Ajax Orlando has always been extremely friendly, collaborative and cooperative with us, right up to the top of the organization. They love Ajax USA and have offered to help us in several significant ways.

I do NOT predict some sort of confrontation over the domain or our charter, no matter what their re-branding strategy dictates. AOFC and AUSA are entirely non-competitive and cooperative, and I fully expect to keep it that way.

Plus, their laywers can beat up our laywers. :-P

gforce99

Bericht door gforce99 » ma mar 14, 2005 5:29 pm

http://www.ajaxorlando.us/home/93829.html

Ajax Orlando 2005's first player "signing" article.

4 good ones too. 2 are from last year, McCarty and Sturgis were excellent last year. I don't know much about the other 2 except Hildago just left USF.

gforce99

Bericht door gforce99 » do apr 28, 2005 6:19 pm

I was wondering if anyone had heard more about Ajax's plans in the US?

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do apr 28, 2005 7:45 pm

gforce99 schreef:I was wondering if anyone had heard more about Ajax's plans in the US?
Umm... Apart from what's on the Ajax Orlando website: not really.

Why so? Do you expect any news in particular?

K.
Still alive...

gforce99

Bericht door gforce99 » do apr 28, 2005 7:51 pm

I am under the impression that there maybe some news coming out about Ajax Orlando.
I figured if anyone knew about anything cool and exciting, it would be you guys.

gforce99

Bericht door gforce99 » di mei 10, 2005 7:26 pm

Ajax Prospects (Orlando PDL) pick up some new and improved players:
http://www.ajaxorlando.us

2 players from the Real Madrid system.

gforce99

Bericht door gforce99 » do mei 12, 2005 1:26 pm

...and Ajax Orlando is picking up a Lakeland, Florida native who is currently playing for FC Haarlem.

Name unknown.

gforce99

Bericht door gforce99 » do mei 12, 2005 2:12 pm

Ajax Orlando
2 GOALS
5 SHOTS on GOALS
8 SAVES

Bradenton Academics
1 GOALS
15 SHOTS on GOALS
6 SAVES

Goals Scored:
Judah Hernandez scored for the Ajax Prospects in the 32nd minute.
He was assisted by Set Carpintero.

Max Anton scored for the Bradenton Academics in the 76th minute.
He was assisted by Gerard Voutier.

Boro Boracic scored in the 102nd minute (Second OT) to win the game for Ajax Orlando.
His assist came from Judah Hernandez.

Goalkeeper Saves:
Bradenton Academics goalkeeper, Evan Newton had 6 saves during the game.

Ajax Prospects goalkeeper, Devala Gorner had 8 saves during the game.

Coach Quote:
“At this stage in the season we are very happy to get the points,” stated Greg Petersen, head coach of the Ajax Prospects. “There were moments during tonight’s game when our team showed their capability, but we still have a long way to go.”

This game served as a qualifier for the US Open Cup.

The Ajax Prospects travel to Cocoa, FL on Saturday, May 14th to take on the Cocoa Expo. Game time is set for 7:30pm.

ajaxusa
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » ma aug 22, 2005 10:20 pm

I've heard some interesting scuttlebutt (sp?) that Ajax America (formerly Ajax Orlando) will be making a public announcement soon (this week) regarding their plans to take an equity stake in an MLS franchise. It sounds very serious (in a good way). We'll run a news story on AUSA as soon as we have official news to report.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di aug 23, 2005 7:19 am

Hey... hang on. We have two different Ajax America threads now (both with quite a long string os posts in it already). I suggest we regard this one as the old 'Ajax Orlando' thread and close it down. I will re-post Ajax USA's post in the new Ajax America thread:

http://www.ajaxtalk.nl/portal/viewtopic.php?t=5518

K.
Still alive...

Gesloten