Players Leaving Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SPL

Re: Players Leaving Ajax

Bericht door SPL » di aug 27, 2013 8:51 pm

Apart from rumors about Toby another day when its all quiet on Christian. I imagine it will all happen next Monday when of course both of them should be going away on Int duty . I think Ajax can wait until next Monday for Toby as we have already obtained a replacement but as for Christian Ajax should on Friday, if they have had no offers ,say thats it your staying .

This whole transfer market is currently geared to the english market and it is a circus. I really cannot comprehend why Arsenal and Man u are waiting until the last day to do business as both have about 100m million available.

It seems as if everything is connected with Real Madrid , total debts about 600m euros spending over 100m euros on a decent but not great player ie Bale.

If the only player we sell by next Monday night is Enoh we will all be relieved , I think he is talking with teams so should go.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » di aug 27, 2013 10:04 pm

Maybe Ajax could inform their players' agents that they will not answer any transfer enquiries after the first day of the season?

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo aug 28, 2013 11:25 am

Tom_ schreef:Maybe Ajax could inform their players' agents that they will not answer any transfer enquiries after the first day of the season?
But then you will have an unhappy player on your squad. PSV caved in and has been playing Toivonen. I don't think he renewed is contract and was hoping to leave the club this summer since he becomes a free agent after this season. PSV originally said he would only play reserve football if he didn't renew. Maybe someone has more up to date information on his contract status. I think this is the Ajax policy as well; they won't play any player who forces the club's hand and wants to leave as a Bosman. Both Toby and Christian have said they will renew for another year if they don't leave within this week.

I agree with SPL that this current policy only works for the EPL teams who have lots of television money. We are rapidly approaching a feudalistic football system within Europe where the EPL plus about 10 other clubs in Europe dictate everything because of all the €s involved.

ADDENDUM: I see where Spurs have offered €8M for Eriksen which is peculiar because they have already purchased two other midfielders so far this summer and are not even playing CL football. Club wants €15M so we'll see. If Bale does in fact go to Madrid I suspect Eriksen moves to Spurs (a club that I enjoy watching and I guess if he has to go somewhere this is maybe a decent choice). This further shows the differential power of English clubs. Juventus which also might want him is conservative about money given they have a new stadium that they have to payoff and doesn't have the transfer money.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo aug 28, 2013 12:14 pm

Think Spurs and Ajax will settle for about 12m euros and we will also lose Toby for about 7m . Think they have played their last games .

Christian has a contract of less than a year and Spurs are not a top side in Europe so 12m would be about right.

zeux

Bericht door zeux » wo aug 28, 2013 12:22 pm

Spurs would be a good choice for Eriksen, big enough to really make a step from Ajax, small enough to give him time to adjust to the level of the PL.

He is still young. Two or three years of grooming at Spurs-level might set him up for the last step to the highest level.
"Mensen worden door vraagtekens aan het denken gezet, niet door uitroeptekens." J.L. Heldring

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo aug 28, 2013 1:51 pm

Hope the Eriksen deal gets done today so that the club can figure out whether they really want to bring Duarte in from Heracles. I'm sure we will end up paying a premium for that transfer.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

zeux

Bericht door zeux » wo aug 28, 2013 2:28 pm

After tonight CL-setup is clear, so clubs know what they can do. If also the Bale-deal is settled, the whole carrousel can start spinning tomorrow. Maybe even the draw might spur clubs to action, you never know.
"Mensen worden door vraagtekens aan het denken gezet, niet door uitroeptekens." J.L. Heldring

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » wo aug 28, 2013 3:10 pm

I think spurs have done their dealings... Spent almost all of what bale is going for already. Talk here is that they did the business before letting him go. Makes since and looks likely.

cdnajaxfan

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » wo aug 28, 2013 6:27 pm

Don't think Spurs are done yet: Erik Lamela to join Tottenham from Roma in £30million deal. I have also heard that Arsenal have inquired about Toby. Fulham is fighting with Olympiakos for Enoh but he will go to Olympiakos for the CL Football.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo aug 28, 2013 9:30 pm

Oh dear another player sold on the cheap. Spurs have now offered just over 10m so my quote earlier of 12m is likely to be right with add ons if they qualify for CL and I assume a small % for a sell on.

I think we have all expected Christian to go all summer but not waiting until the last minute. Had he gone back in July we could have got Maher but now we are going to get Duarte and he is evidently not in Maher's class let alone Christian's.

The big problem under Cruyff is the max wage of 1m euros pa means the best players are not going to extend so ever year we will see our best players going on the cheap ie Vertonghen and V d Wiel last year and Christian and Toby this .

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo aug 28, 2013 9:52 pm

SPL schreef: The big problem under Cruyff is the max wage of 1m euros pa means the best players are not going to extend so ever year we will see our best players going on the cheap ie Vertonghen and V d Wiel last year and Christian and Toby this .
Yes, I know it's frustrating but it's also financially prudent. PSV are out of CL again this year and now will really scramble to meet their wage bill. If we want to pay high salaries, it's risky and I suspect the youth program would suffer in the end as there would not be enough money to support it. Management has to work with the money they have and until things are changed in European football this is the way things will be going forward. IMO the only thing that will change this is a series of CL semifinal matches between four EPL teams and the rest of the leagues will get fed up.

paladinby
Contacteer:

Bericht door paladinby » do aug 29, 2013 8:55 am

I've read that we are selling Eriksen for 12 mln euros in paid in 3 three years (4 mln each year) which means it's a free transfer deal for us and a great for that stupid moneybag. We must learn from Portuguese clubs how to sell players even if they have to go to Russia.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do aug 29, 2013 11:47 am

Being paid over 3 installments seems bad but probably means we pay less tax .Most transfers are paid in installments,Real wont be paying Spurs in one lump sum for Bale but probably over 3 years also. 12m is a fair price for someone in the Dutch league with less than 1 year left of a contract.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » do aug 29, 2013 12:33 pm

Orange14 schreef:Yes, I know it's frustrating but it's also financially prudent. PSV are out of CL again this year and now will really scramble to meet their wage bill. If we want to pay high salaries, it's risky and I suspect the youth program would suffer in the end as there would not be enough money to support it. Management has to work with the money they have and until things are changed in European football this is the way things will be going forward. IMO the only thing that will change this is a series of CL semifinal matches between four EPL teams and the rest of the leagues will get fed up.
PSV will have a € or two in the bank from selling Lens and Strootman, won't they?

Losing Eriksen at the last minute is pretty annoying but we always knew it could happen. I guess it was mainly down to Real Madrid stuffing about with the Bale transfer, so there's another reason (which we didn't need) to dislike that club. At least we have two days to sign someone!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do aug 29, 2013 12:47 pm

Tom_ schreef: PSV will have a € or two in the bank from selling Lens and Strootman, won't they?
You have to subtract what they paid Utrecht for Strootman. We paid little for Eriksen in comparison. Strootman also had a long term contract with PSV.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr aug 30, 2013 12:49 pm

I guess we are just waiting for the signatures on the contracts and formal announcements but Eriksen to Spurs and Toby to Athletico Madrid (who agreed to the Ajax desired €7M). So we end up with about €19M for the two players and it will be interesting to see if Overmars can bring anyone new into the squad before Monday.

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » vr aug 30, 2013 3:04 pm

I still believe we might end up moving around some of the existing players, before making any purchases.
May the Force be with you

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » vr aug 30, 2013 9:46 pm

Afbeelding

12 million
May the Force be with you

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr aug 30, 2013 10:39 pm

Yup, Spurs post the official picture. I wish Eriksen well and hope he stands up to the rigors of the EPL. I think he is moving their too early and would have benefited by 1-2 more seasons with Ajax. Money is money though and I'm sure that is part of the equation. He helped us to three straight Dutch titles and that will not be forgotten.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za aug 31, 2013 12:03 am

I wish him well in the Europa League playing for the 3rd best team in London. Skysports news shows £11.5 which is 13m euros.

I thank him for his help in winning 3 titles and do wish him well.

ofey
Contacteer:

Bericht door ofey » za aug 31, 2013 1:43 am

Gutted that we lost Christian.
Good luck to him though, he's done his part. 3 X Eredivisie Titles. :ajaxscarf.gif:
Think of all the tits who left without contributing.

Timing couldn't be worst for us. 3 days to source a replacement. :confused.gif:
AJACIED

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » za aug 31, 2013 10:55 am

ofey schreef:Gutted that we lost Christian.
Good luck to him though, he's done his part. 3 X Eredivisie Titles. :ajaxscarf.gif:
Think of all the tits who left without contributing.

Timing couldn't be worst for us. 3 days to source a replacement. :confused.gif:
I was thinking about this earlier, and for me it was 100% that he was leaving this summer.. im 99% sure that most of the Ajax staff must have known he was going one way or another.. so why we didnt get a replacement lined up sooner is beyond me. useless as now we are left with 3 days and picking up 2nd or even 3rd best choices

also in relation to christian, i think he is nowhere near good enough for the premier league.. yet.. hes far too lightweight. if your going be lightweight in the premier league you need great pace, and he doesnt have that either. i fear he may be a bit of a flop.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za aug 31, 2013 11:32 am

afcajax73 schreef:
I was thinking about this earlier, and for me it was 100% that he was leaving this summer.. im 99% sure that most of the Ajax staff must have known he was going one way or another.. so why we didnt get a replacement lined up sooner is beyond me. useless as now we are left with 3 days and picking up 2nd or even 3rd best choices
I think the club pushed really hard to get either Maher or van Ginkel and things just didn't work out in either of those cases.

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » za aug 31, 2013 12:08 pm

From what have been said by Overmars and De Boer, I understand they did not push at all for Maher.
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » za aug 31, 2013 12:53 pm

as far as i can remember, we made one half hearted bid and left it when it wasnt to be. which is fair enough, we cant go spending all out lives waiting for one player.. but there was quite a few players out there, why are we only leaving it till now.

Plaats reactie