Champions League opponents

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » za dec 24, 2005 12:35 pm

Blind3 schreef:Count me in for the home leg v. the definitely NOT BORING Inter. For some reason,Dutch authorities are permitting my re-entry to the Netherlands.Just purchased match tickets for Ajax v. Roosendaal on 19. 2 and Ajax v. Inter on 22.2.My match tix came to 155 euros total, including 95 for the CL match thru Budget tickets.nl. Figure the cost is actually less than Ajax Travel. Staying in a double at the Hortus from 18. 2 to 23.2 if any out of towner needs a place to crash.
95 for Ajax Inter ? Are you going to attend the game in the VIP room with free food, champagne and Hendrik Joahnnes Cruijff commenting the game for you ?
meh :|

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » za dec 24, 2005 5:54 pm

IIRC, Ajax Travel's fee for two matches, including buying one of the package deals for each match....they don't just sell tickets alone..., is more than 155. I'll have to check my Ajax -Auxerre and Ajax -Den Bosch holiday of last February,but it was higher than 155.And no, rubbing elbows with Hendrik Johannes GOD!!!! Cruijff is not part of this years deal. I can only wish. Like I said once before, I've not met GOD yet,but I'd welcome the opportunity. :worshippy:
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

SwedishFan

Bericht door SwedishFan » di dec 27, 2005 12:38 pm

This is my first post on this forum!

I'm planning to visit Amsterdam for Ajax-Inter in february, i have choosen to book the Hotel Package at Ajax's own home page, do you guys think I have chance to get tickets, or is it already sold out?

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » di dec 27, 2005 1:41 pm

HOI welcome!
I think you got a good chance
Get a Cock

SwedishFan

Bericht door SwedishFan » di dec 27, 2005 2:25 pm

Okay, i will probably go together with my dad (im only 17). We'll book after new year (my dad must take som holidays) and I cant wait to visit Amsterdam Arena for the first time! Hopefully we'll meet in february!

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di dec 27, 2005 4:47 pm

SwedishFan schreef:This is my first post on this forum!
:xyxthumbs:
I'm planning to visit Amsterdam for Ajax-Inter in february, i have choosen to book the Hotel Package at Ajax's own home page, do you guys think I have chance to get tickets, or is it already sold out?
It's not sold out, and I think it won't sell out at all (almost, but not entirely). If you book flights and a hotel it will be a piece of cake to get some tickets here in Amsterdam via one of the tickets agencies (Ticket Unlimited, Budget Ticket, etc.). They will be marked up (price will be higher than face value), but probably still cheaper than Ajax's package deals...

K.
Still alive...

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » di dec 27, 2005 10:49 pm

Ajax Travel's packages are fairly priced. My only problem , and the reason I went Budget Ticket this time, is that I've ended up paying for meals or bevies, part of the package, I never partake of. I much prefer getting together with mates from Ajax-USA and other fellow supporters before a match. And usually after.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo jan 18, 2006 1:15 pm

news from inter : a little hope

"Not that Inter will be worrying Juve too much either, judging by Sunday's performance; the Nerazzurri spent the last 10 minutes at home to Cagliari (Serie A's worst away side with already one big point from 10 matches) under siege in their own area."
Appie, stay strong !

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » wo jan 18, 2006 9:48 pm

I really am hoping for a good result against Inter, and if we do progress, bring on Villareal!!!!or Real Madrid but not Barcelona :eusa_pray:

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di feb 14, 2006 2:31 pm

Latest juventus/inter match report (The Guardian) :

Here's something I never knew: Inter v Juve is a bigger game for the Nerazzurri than any of their encounters with AC Milan. Yes, they have a passionate rivalry with their city neighbours, but nothing matches the way they feel about Juventus.
"They hate them," a former Inter manager once told me. "This club never 'loses' to Juventus, instead they always reckon it's another robbery by the Old Lady." And if the Inter fury that greeted the final whistle last Sunday night is anything to go by, this year it looks like the same old story.
The evening had started in the best of fashions, with both teams coming out with all guns blazing. (...). Zlatan Ibrahimovic burst past two Inter defenders and rifled the ball home for his second goal in four days, but Inter soon bounced back with an equaliser from a Walter Samuel header.
Juve weren't done yet - five minutes from time, Pavel Nedved went down in front of goal and Juve were awarded a free-kick. Up stepped substitute Alex Del Piero to strike another perfect ball straight into the top left corner. Game, set and match, as Monday's papers put it. Inter came agonisingly close to another equaliser when Recoba hit the upright with another free-kick, but soon after that the whistle blew and Juve were celebrating what looks like another title-winning victory at the San Siro.
On the sidelines, Mancini made no secret of his feelings about Nedved's free-kick-winning fall: "He dives! He always dives that way and you all fall for it!" he screamed at referee Gianluca Paparesta. Up in the press-room, Mancio continued his rant: "I was with Pavel at Lazio," he reminded everyone. "He used to dive there and he's got worse since he went to Turin." In fact referee Paparesta had been correct about the foul, as he had been about almost all his decisions on Sunday. Juve won fair and square, and down on the pitch they were already celebrating title No29. It's not often you see the title won in February - even Jose Mourinho's aiming for April - but it's hard to argue with Juve's confidence. They're 12 points clear with 13 games to go and, as Fabio Capello put it post-game: "This isn't a team that makes a habit of dropping points." And Inter? "My congratulations to them," crowed Juve's director general Luciano Moggi. "They can still make second place - as long as they don't go to pieces over tonight's game." (…)
:eusa_pray:
Appie, stay strong !

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » di feb 14, 2006 4:55 pm

philippe schreef:
On the sidelines, Mancini made no secret of his feelings about Nedved's free-kick-winning fall: "He dives! He always dives that way and you all fall for it!" he screamed at referee Gianluca Paparesta. Up in the press-room, Mancio continued his rant: "I was with Pavel at Lazio," he reminded everyone. "He used to dive there and he's got worse since he went to Turin." In fact referee Paparesta had been correct about the foul...
Well, he may not have dived then, but Nedved certainly does take the occasional flop from time to time. IIRC, his flop when running next to Johnny Heitinga in Portugal '04 led to a free kick, which led to a goal.

But for another Italian manager to suddenly get upset about diving is, well, disingenuous to say the least.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Frans

Bericht door Frans » di feb 14, 2006 6:13 pm

aveslacker schreef:. IIRC, his flop when running next to Johnny Heitinga in Portugal '04 led to a free kick, which led to a goal.
Heitinga got a red card. the spanish ref that day was awful.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » di feb 14, 2006 7:29 pm

Frans schreef:
aveslacker schreef:. IIRC, his flop when running next to Johnny Heitinga in Portugal '04 led to a free kick, which led to a goal.
Heitinga got a red card. the spanish ref that day was awful.
IIRC wasn't that the first yellow, and then he got another one? Either way, it was a dive and Heitinga, for all his faults, should not have been booked.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » di feb 14, 2006 10:00 pm

Nope, that dive from Nedved meant a second yellow for Heitinga.

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » wo feb 15, 2006 6:02 am

Diving in Italy is like Windmills in Holland. Mancini was a diver too in his days.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo feb 15, 2006 9:03 am

Ajax komt defintief te vroeg voor Juan Veron

14/2/2006 14:39

Juan Sebastian Veron kan definitief niet meedoen in de heenwedstrijd tegen Ajax. De enkelblessure, die de Argentijnse middenvelder van Internazionale opliep in het duel met Juventus, blijkt ernstiger dan verwacht.
Naast het treffen in de Champions League in Amsterdam, moet Veron ook de Serie A-duels met Livorni, Udinese en AS Roma laten schieten.

how sad ! :hypocrite:
Appie, stay strong !

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo feb 15, 2006 10:36 am

Yeah. No Zanetti. No Veron.

That's good news. Let's have some more of that. :yes:

K.
Still alive...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo feb 15, 2006 11:36 am

Diving in football was invented in Italian football and exported to the rest of the world sadly.It is the very worst aspect of soccer.

In England Ronaldo of Man u is the worst diver but Robben's display against Liverpool was a disgrace.

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » wo feb 15, 2006 12:18 pm

SPL schreef:Diving in football was invented in Italian football and exported to the rest of the world sadly.It is the very worst aspect of soccer.
Afraid it wasn't SPL. Diving first arrived in the game from South America and even as far back in the 1930's this was used by the Arsenal side of Herbet Chapman. I certainly wasn't alive then, but my Mother used to rant and rave about how the Arse used every trick in the book.
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo feb 15, 2006 12:25 pm

SPL schreef:Robben's display against Liverpool was a disgrace.
Robben is a diving, cheating, whining little c***.

I must admit he's a great player, though.

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo feb 15, 2006 1:53 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Yeah. No Zanetti. No Veron.

There we go! Recoba sustained a thigh injury in training and will be out for an as yet unknown period.

Next, please! :eusa_dance:

K.
Still alive...

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » wo feb 15, 2006 4:27 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:

There we go! Recoba sustained a thigh injury in training and will be out for an as yet unknown period.

K.
Recoba is also a bit of a whining bitch. Glad to see he's not playing (although not glad that he's hurt per se. I never root for injuries.).
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » do feb 16, 2006 12:44 am

Kowalczyk schreef:

K.
I don't know if we should be too happy about Recoba missing the game against Ajax. He usually slows down the pace play at Inter because he holds up the ball too long.

I'm not impressed by him. I'd rather have Inter miss Adriano. ;)

Frans

Bericht door Frans » do feb 16, 2006 4:20 am

SPL schreef: In England Ronaldo of Man u is the worst diver but Robben's display against Liverpool was a disgrace.
Reyes would compete well in any diving competition.

DanK

Bericht door DanK » do feb 16, 2006 11:40 am

SPL schreef:Diving in football was invented in Italian football and exported to the rest of the world sadly.It is the very worst aspect of soccer.

In England Ronaldo of Man u is the worst diver but Robben's display against Liverpool was a disgrace.
Nice one SPL. This is one aspect of the game that is holding it back in Australia. Most australians are used to hard, physical contact sports (Aussie Rules, Rugby etc), so when they see players rolling on the ground like they have been shot it really pisses them off.

I have watched so many games with mates, who I have tried to convert to liking out game, and each time they start to appreciate it, some little poonce gets a slight shove and goes rolling in "agony" on the grass for 15 consecutive rolls.

Here's a note to all the little shithead divers out there...
1. You look like an arse
2. Come and play rugby or aussie rules for 5min. These guys will sort you out. if you tried that shit here, you may never walk again, let alone think about diving.
3. When you really, really get hurt, you don't actually roll around, over and over until someone comes and puts a sponge on the "hurty" bit. You actually hit the deck like a bag of bricks.
4. see # 1
5. You ruin the "beautiful" game.

In signing off I say this:
NOTE TO DIVERS...F*ck off. You suck and we all hate you.

Gesloten