Ajacieden in Oranje

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » do mei 25, 2006 3:44 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Thanks for your U-20 reports, SPL. As far as I know we couldn't watch those games over here, so cheers for that.

We will be able to follow Young Oranje (U-23) here in Hollland. The first game, against Ukraine, was yesterday evening. Holland blew it and lost 2-1. I missed the game (I was out), but according to the reports Holland were quite poor, although the two Ukrainian goals were a bit stinky: the first one was a penalty that should not have been given and the second one a free-kick that should not have been given. Two Ajax boys (Vermeer and Emanuelson, respectively) were involved.

This is what I've read. I did not see it myself.

Gijs Luirink's goal (a header, on a corner kick) came too late for Holland. Huntelaar also played, but by all accounts he had a very poor game.

K.
The Jong Oranje defense was completely disorganized. The second goal (from a free kick which was was, like the penalty that led to the first goal, won by a blatant dive) came about because one of the defenders failed to push up, leaving at least four Ukrainians onside. It was embarrassing.

Huntelaar didn't really have a chance to play. Every time he got the ball, he was fouled by one of the defenders around him, usually with no call. He scored but it was waved off because the defender nearest him flopped.

The ref had a terrible game. The Ukrainians dove all around the pitch, and the ref bought it.

But at the end of the day, Jong Oranje weren't all that good. They had some moments, but all in all were a disappointment.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

afckeeper95

Bericht door afckeeper95 » do mei 25, 2006 3:51 pm

On Friday Oranje U/21 will play Denmark U/21. They went down 1-0 to Italy before a golden 30 minutes of the second half resulted in 3 goals. In the second half Italy game out swinging and scored twice for the final result 3-3. Denmark was in a different league on the set pieces, but couldnt keep their nerves in check as the first possible win ever over Italy U/21 was in reach.

Noteworthy Danish players are of course central d's Leon Andresen (Bremen) and Daniel Agger (Liverpool) as well as midfielders Würtz (Aalborg BK) and Kahlenberg (Auxerre). Danish national teams play (curtesy of Morten Olsen) 4-4-3. The single stricker is called Nicklas Bendtner, and he's a real joy to watch. Sort of a less gifted version of Zlatan meaning that he has great ball control and possession for a player of his size. He's eighteen and plays for Arsenal's reserves. Should be a good game to watch. :cheer: :cheer:

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do mei 25, 2006 4:16 pm

afckeeper95 schreef:Danish national teams play (curtesy of Morten Olsen) 4-4-3.
What a mastermind, Morten Olsen! Fielding a goalkeeper and eleven outfield players... That's the key to victory!

:D

Ooomphh... what an unforgivably horrible, smart-ass joke... Sorry 'bout that. :blush:

K.
Still alive...

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » do mei 25, 2006 8:20 pm

Im still praying for an injury to one of the front four strikers for Holland (preferably van Nistelrooij), just for Huntelaar to be called up. No sign of it happening yet though..pffff :eusa_pray:

acab

Bericht door acab » do mei 25, 2006 8:26 pm

Ayman schreef:Im still praying for an injury to one of the front four strikers for Holland (preferably van Nistelrooij), just for Huntelaar to be called up. No sign of it happening yet though..pffff :eusa_pray:
:shithappens: but van niselrooy is in very week form now. anyway, he can make a tarryfic WC.

hey Steef, do u wached 1 player named Omonigo Temile. he play in Kria sovetov in russia?

Feest

Bericht door Feest » do mei 25, 2006 8:44 pm

No, my expertise is South America. But from his curriculum I can see he isn't having much succes there.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr mei 26, 2006 7:57 am

UEFA.com match report of the Holland vs Ukraine U-23 game in Portugal...

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/Under2 ... 24375.html

K.
Still alive...

acab

Bericht door acab » vr mei 26, 2006 8:11 am

Steef schreef:No, my expertise is South America. But from his curriculum I can see he isn't having much succes there.
u have a dreamjob Steef. by the way, can u offer a good,not very expensive player to a poor east-european club with long and succesful history, such as Levski?

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » vr mei 26, 2006 11:25 am

I think that most of players consider that kind of transfer as a step back in their careers... The same is in Poland. It's extremely hard to buy a tallented player to our league - even if the clubs regularly play in European Cups. From Eastern Europe only Russia and Ukraine have good leagues (and - the most important thing - money) to buy tallented and well-known players. The other leagues - including our two, don't have a big chance to find a real star. I think that there were at most 5 good players promoted thanks to polish league for last 10 years... And I suppose that there were not much more in Bulgaria... Sad but true.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr mei 26, 2006 6:06 pm

Half-time score...

Young Oranje 1 - 0 Young Denmark

This game is a must-win for Holland if they want to stay in the race. The start was quite poor (from both teams), but in the latter 25 minutes Holland were the dominant team, although there weren't that many chances.

The goal beautiful though: a fine attack via Nick Hofs, who tapped it to Daniel de Ridder on the right wing. His cross was tapped home, via the goalkeeper, by... our good mate KJH: 1-0 (37'). A 'classic' attack over the right.

K.
Still alive...

Henk de Gier
Contacteer:

Bericht door Henk de Gier » vr mei 26, 2006 7:09 pm

fulltime 1-1
Henk de Gier is geniaal en zijn tijd ver vooruit.
Jöhnk, 29 mei 2006

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr mei 26, 2006 7:17 pm

Henk de Gier schreef:fulltime 1-1
Yups. Denmark equalized almost immediately after the half-time break. Very poor defending by Holland. But it must be said: based on the second half as a whole the Danes surely deserved the equalizer. They had the better chances in the second half and played better than in the first.

This is not a good result for Holland. They now have 1 point out of two games. They will have to beat Italy on Monday and even then they are not sure to advance. That will depend on the result in tonight's Italy vs Ukraine game - and the Denmark vs Ukraine result on Monday.

My two cents on the performances of the Ajax boys...

Vermeer: Good game. A few very good saves, some good interceptions, no mistakes and the goal definitely wasn't his fault.

Urby E.: Not bad; definitely not great. Defensively he was alright, I guess, but he didn't have as much of a forward drive as he normally has for Ajax. A rather 'pale' performance.

KJH: He played against two tall defenders of Liverpool (Agger) and Werder Bremen (forgot his name) and had a very hard time. When he had the ball he normally did something good with it, though. And the only real chance he had ended up in the back of the net.

K.
Still alive...

afckeeper95

Bericht door afckeeper95 » za mei 27, 2006 8:15 am

Kowalczyk schreef:(forgot his name)
Leon Andreasen

I didn't have a chance to see the games, so I was wondering... Who did this to young Agger?

Afbeelding

Ouch :nooo: hehe

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Young Oranje vs Young Italy

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma mei 29, 2006 9:23 pm

All of a sudden it's looking very good for Young Oranje!

They're playing Young Italy at the moment and it was yer typical game against Italians for about 73 minutes: possession, possession, possession and a bit more possession for Holland, but no chances against an Italian side with seven defender or something.

Just when Italy started creating chances on counter-attack, Romeo Castelen finally beat his man on the left flank and guess who headed home: our good mate Daniël de Ridder, who isn't exactly known for his aerial power (73').

It's 1-0 Holland in the 80th minute. Must be said: they absolutely deserve the lead. Italy never even tried to play football. If Holland can hold on to this score, they'll advance to the semi finals.

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma mei 29, 2006 9:40 pm

Yups, they did it. :party: :wk:

Semi final against France on Thursday!

K.
Still alive...

dws

Bericht door dws » ma mei 29, 2006 9:54 pm

Congrats Jong Oranje.

Looked like they were destined to lose when the ref didn't award a penalty for a double foul on Castelan.

Feest

Bericht door Feest » ma mei 29, 2006 9:55 pm

That clumsy tumble in the first half?

I'm so happy! This is the future of European football....hence everyone will be scrambling for South American imports WITH talent soon. :yes:

dws

Bericht door dws » ma mei 29, 2006 10:02 pm

Steef schreef:That clumsy tumble in the first half?
Shirt tug followed by a push.

DanK

Bericht door DanK » ma mei 29, 2006 11:39 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Yups, they did it. :party: :wk:

Semi final against France on Thursday!

K.
Woo-hoo!!! :cheer:

Now if only I got some coverage of the event in Oz. Anyone streaming/uploading?

Anyone know if this is available online anywhere???

Feest

Bericht door Feest » di mei 30, 2006 1:35 am

You can catch highlights (few and far between) on uefa.com.

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » di mei 30, 2006 5:37 am

DanK schreef:Now if only I got some coverage of the event in Oz. Anyone streaming/uploading?
I followed this link and clicked on Talpa TV when today's match was on. I could see the whole game in very good quality. They will probably broadcast the semi versus France as well.

http://www.wwitv.com/portal.htm?http:// ... on/148.htm

DanK

Bericht door DanK » di mei 30, 2006 11:17 am

Thanks guys.

Just a small sook from me though. Why do UEFA continue using Real Media? Get with the times. Real Media must only have about 2% market share these days (not to mention its bloatware software and a piece of c*^p)...anyway. Thanks for the info guys.

Holland for the final!

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di mei 30, 2006 1:23 pm

I've watched two out of three Young Oranje games now and so far Urby Emanuelson has been a little bit disappointing. He doesn't have that 'bite' he's had throughout the season for Ajax. He's just not as dominant and his passing seems a bit sloppy, too.

KJH is having a tough one. I wouldn't even say he's playing poorly; he just doesn't get any service. There were hardly any crosses in the two games I watched and you can tell that the boys in midfield are not used to playing with him. There is no real chemistry. KJH works his balls off, but he's been isolated most of the time. To his defense: in the two games I saw he got precisely one major scoring chance -- and he did the business.

Easily the best Ajax guy in Portugal is Kenneth Vermeer. In the games against Denmark and Italy I thought he was great. He had one weird moment against Italy, but otherwise he's been totally flawless, great with his feet and very, very self-assured. He seems to have total command of his area.

K.
Still alive...

Arthur

Bericht door Arthur » di mei 30, 2006 1:39 pm

Emanuelson was already quite poor during the playoffs. I think the season is lasting a bit too long for him. Hopefully he can get enough rest before the next campaign starts, because he really adds something to his teams when he is on form.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do jun 01, 2006 6:41 pm

65 minutes underway and Young Oranje are 2-1 up against Young France in the semi-final of Euro 2006 in Portugal.

The first half was fantastic, especially for Holland. Both teams played really well. France had a few good chances in the opening phase, but (after a KJH goal had been disallowed; off-side) Nicky Hofs opened the scoring after only 6 minutes. KJH scored an absolutely fantastic goal in the 37th, a wonderful Bergkamp-esque chip over the goalkeeper. HT score: 2-0.

Only six minutes into the second half Faubert made it 2-1. Great header. It is very tight. Very interesting game of football.

It would be the first time for Young Oranje to make it to a final of an EC or WC tournament, by the way. Just over 20 minutes left on the clock...

K.
Still alive...

Plaats reactie