UEFA competitions (CL, EL)

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo mar 29, 2006 6:20 pm

Barca will blow them away next week and then beat Lyon/Milan

Arsenal will get through and beat Inter.

For the second year year running I think England's 5th best team will win .

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo apr 05, 2006 8:16 am

One serie A club for the CL semifinal will more than enough :D
Appie, stay strong !

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo apr 05, 2006 8:53 am

F*cking Milan...

They f*cked Lyon almost the exactly the same way as they f*cked us in 2003. Best chances for Lyon, and then Inzaghi with some crap goal in the last minutes.

W*nkers. I hate them.

K.
Still alive...

afckeeper95

Bericht door afckeeper95 » wo apr 05, 2006 10:30 am

Kowalczyk schreef:F*cking Milan...

They f*cked Lyon almost the exactly the same way as they f*cked us in 2003. Best chances for Lyon, and then Inzaghi with some crap goal in the last minutes.

W*nkers. I hate them.

K.
After seeing that game they should change the saying from the luck of the Irish to the luck of the Italians.

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » wo apr 05, 2006 2:45 pm

They beat PSV last year in a similar way, jesus christ they never dominate a game and just wait till the end to alway's score. I hope Barca destroy them in the next round ( if they get through :yes: ).

At least Inter crashed out :xyxthumbs:

PS: Any news on Stam ???? he had to be replaced early in the game after taking a knock.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » wo apr 05, 2006 3:04 pm

I had the exact same thoughts yesterday. I watched the game, saw Lyon get closer and closer to the semi-final spot, but kept telling myself: "It's Milan. I know they'll score." Even as 85 minutes had passed, I still knew Milan would make it.

And the player I dislike the most, but still have to admire in a way, steps forward. Again. Inzaghi couldn't be more annoying, but still...he scores the f*cking goals. That's what it's all about.

I was hoping for an interesting battle between Lyon and Barca - now I hope Barca will kick Milan's asses. I don't want to see Milan and Inzaghi in the final. Not again.
Has anyone seen the Limecat?

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo apr 05, 2006 3:10 pm

today will bring more good news : juventus will be eliminated
Appie, stay strong !

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » wo apr 05, 2006 5:00 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:F*cking Milan...

W*nkers. I hate them.

K.
Here's what I think about it :

Fucking Milan...

They fucked Lyon almost the exactly the same way as they fucked us in 2003. Best chances for Lyon, and then that *** with some crap goal in the last minutes.

Wankers. I hate them and I'm gonna hire a Yugoslavian hitman to shoot Inzaghi.

:fundamentje:
meh :|

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do apr 06, 2006 7:54 am

juventus out ........ I feel so sad for Capello :D :drecul2: :xyxthumbs:
Appie, stay strong !

Pablo.V

Bericht door Pablo.V » do apr 06, 2006 8:50 am

Carcajou wrote:Fucking Milan...
Wankers. I hate them and I'm gonna hire a Yugoslavian hitman to shoot Inzaghi.

100% agree with you, if there is one player that i hate the most in the world ,well it's the fucking Inzaghi. Man i can't stand it anymore,he keeps on scoring his absolutely annoying goals in the final minutes of the game. :furious3:
Someone should stop him.......... :rocketwhore:

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do apr 06, 2006 8:53 am

philippe schreef:juventus out ........ I feel so sad for Capello :D :drecul2: :xyxthumbs:
Yeah... Shame, innit...

:drecul2:

K.
Still alive...

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » do apr 06, 2006 3:06 pm

Everybody seems to be pissed off about Ibrahimovic right now in Torino.

I hope he'll leave soon.
meh :|

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » do apr 06, 2006 3:29 pm

carcajou schreef:Everybody seems to be pissed off about Ibrahimovic right now in Torino.

I hope he'll leave soon.
And go where - hopefully not to that bunch of overpaid wanks at the Bernabau.

Anyway this is the sideline exchange last Saturday between Ibrahimovic and Fabio Capello after Zlatan was substituted:

Capello: "Don't play like shit."
Ibrahimovic: "If you don't like it, mister, take me off."
Capello: "Get off then".
Ibrahimovic, as he leaves the field: "Fuck off. And don't tell me I play like shit."

See he still has the old arrogance :headbang:
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » do apr 06, 2006 4:00 pm

Good man-management by Capello. I can't stand that guy.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » do apr 06, 2006 4:06 pm

Zlatan is nowhere near his best at the moment. And I don't think Capello is too fond of him either, even though he would never show it to the media. The fans were whisteling at Zlatan yeasterday as well, and I wouldn't be all too surprised if he leaves after the World Cup. The price will be high though. Hopefully he doesn't end up in Madrid. Or Chelsea for that matter.
Has anyone seen the Limecat?

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma apr 10, 2006 6:47 am

Just re-posting these one...

Rahul9687: We try to post to existing threads if possible, you see... Welcome here, by the way! :xyxthumbs:
rahul9687 schreef:Hey Guys,
Does anyone know when Holland will get back its 3 Champions League spots?
Dubbel schreef:There is no real answer to the 'when' in your question. Only to a 'how'. Holland will get a third spot if they take the 6th spot away from Portugal in the UEFA ranking. Countries get points for wins and draws of their teams in CL plus UEFA Cup per season. The total is divided by the number of teams a country started with. The result is added to the previous 4 years to form a 5-year total that makes up the table below. There is also a delay of 1 year. This is because the amount of teams for '06-'07 obviously had to be known before the start of the '05-'06 season and so on.
1. Spanje 70.891
2. Italië 66.588
3. Engeland 62.486
4. Frankrijk 50.781
5. Duitsland 48.239
6. Portugal 44.041
7. Nederland 41.331
8. Griekenland 32.081
9. Rusland 31.833
10. Roemenië 30.790
11. Schotland 30.375
12. België 30.250
13. Oekraïne 26.600
14. Tsjechië 26.575
15. Turkije 26.166
16. Zwitserland 25.875
17. Bulgarije 24.290
18. Israël 21.541
19. Noorwegen 20.975
20. Oostenrijk 20.375
rahul9687 schreef:So the 3 point difference should be overtaken this season?
Dubbel schreef:I don't quite understand your question but 3 points is quite a bit. Holland had six teams contending. That means that the Dutch teams needed 9 more wins(2 points for a win) or 18 more draws to close a 3 point gap. But yeah, had Holland wanted to get 3 spots for the '07-'08 season then they should have grasped the 6th spot by the end of this season. Next years ranking will count for '08-'09.
K.
Still alive...

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » ma apr 10, 2006 1:06 pm

This is where I find the whole Play Off system for the 2nd CL spot so absurd. At the moment NL are down to 2 spots in CL, and could possible go back to 3 if the teams perform well. But if the 2nd CL spot is taken by a club who finished 5th in the Eredivisie then the NL are not exactly putting into the competition their 2 strongest teams, thus not increasing the likelihood of improving their UEFA co-efficient. The clubs and KNVB are slitting their own throats with the play offs and not looking at the broader implications for Dutch football.
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

dws

Bericht door dws » ma apr 10, 2006 10:46 pm

jamcocteau schreef:This is where I find the whole Play Off system for the 2nd CL spot so absurd. At the moment NL are down to 2 spots in CL, and could possible go back to 3 if the teams perform well. But if the 2nd CL spot is taken by a club who finished 5th in the Eredivisie then the NL are not exactly putting into the competition their 2 strongest teams, thus not increasing the likelihood of improving their UEFA co-efficient. The clubs and KNVB are slitting their own throats with the play offs and not looking at the broader implications for Dutch football.
:yes: :yes: :yes:

jamcocteau, I remember the Eredivisie operating a playoff system for one of the UEFA cup spots a few years back. I seem to remember that Groningen, after having finished in a rather lowly position in Eredivisie, won a playoff to qualify for the UEFA cup. I also seem to remember that UEFA were not best pleased that a UEFA cup place could be 'won' by a club finishing in such a poor position in their National League.Given their previous protestations, It's a wonder that UEFA didn't 'advise' against such a system of qualification for their Premier tournament.

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » di apr 18, 2006 9:54 pm

I've just watched AC milan v Barcelona in the CL Semi Final. I seriously cannot believe some of the stuff Ronaldinho csn do with a ball - he is practically worth the admission price all on his own! At one point he was virtually playing keepy-uppy in the AC milan penalty area during an attack. He also put in an absolutely divine pass for Giuly for the Barcelona goal and hit the post with a wicked shot from way out.

I was always a fan anyway but he just looked to really be enjoying playing as much as I was enjoying watching. What a star :worshippy: This won't go down well in London but seeing as Ajax are out, please can Barca win it this year?
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

DanK

Bericht door DanK » wo apr 19, 2006 10:16 am

SE6Ajacied schreef:I've just watched AC milan v Barcelona in the CL Semi Final. I seriously cannot believe some of the stuff Ronaldinho csn do with a ball - he is practically worth the admission price all on his own! At one point he was virtually playing keepy-uppy in the AC milan penalty area during an attack. He also put in an absolutely divine pass for Giuly for the Barcelona goal and hit the post with a wicked shot from way out.

I was always a fan anyway but he just looked to really be enjoying playing as much as I was enjoying watching. What a star :worshippy: This won't go down well in London but seeing as Ajax are out, please can Barca win it this year?
Totally, totally agree on this one. I try to watch Barca play just so I can see Ronaldinho. The guys a legend and he looks like he's enjoying himself so much its a crack up.

Can't believe we have to play him (and the rest of Brazil of course) in the WC...could be a lot of goals.

Frans

Bericht door Frans » wo apr 19, 2006 12:09 pm

DanK schreef:
SE6Ajacied schreef:I've just watched AC milan v Barcelona in the CL Semi Final. I seriously cannot believe some of the stuff Ronaldinho csn do with a ball - he is practically worth the admission price all on his own! At one point he was virtually playing keepy-uppy in the AC milan penalty area during an attack. He also put in an absolutely divine pass for Giuly for the Barcelona goal and hit the post with a wicked shot from way out.

Totally, totally agree on this one. I try to watch Barca play just so I can see Ronaldinho. The guys a legend and he looks like he's enjoying himself so much its a crack up.

Can't believe we have to play him (and the rest of Brazil of course) in the WC...could be a lot of goals.
Ach, Brazil won't field their top team against Australia. That's the game where they'll give their squad players a run. Aussie are no threat.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » wo apr 19, 2006 5:12 pm

Brazil's B team could beat just about every other team out there. they'd kick the ass out of any team other than Argentina with their B team.

I watched the last 20 minutes of that match and it seemed pretty exciting. Milan actually tried to attack. Stam seemed pretty nimble for an old guy -- I'm pretty happy to see that.

Seedorf, however, is still a twat.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

DanK

Bericht door DanK » do apr 20, 2006 9:30 am

Frans schreef: Ach, Brazil won't field their top team against Australia. That's the game where they'll give their squad players a run. Aussie are no threat.
Thats exactly what U-R-Gays said... ;)

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do apr 20, 2006 10:00 am

Champions League final: Barcelona - Villarreal.

K.
Still alive...

Frans

Bericht door Frans » do apr 20, 2006 10:17 am

aveslacker schreef:Brazil's B team could beat just about every other team out there. they'd kick the ass out of any team other than Argentina with their B team.
I'm not so sure about this. I think everyone's been saying this for so long they're actually beginning to believe it. Take a couple of key players out (like Ronaldinho) and they're not so strong, on the players' current form. Ronaldo has been poor. Adriano too. Kaka hasn't been up to his form of a couple of years ago. Dida is apparently having a bad season, and their defence has never been that strong. Sure, they have the talent, but at the moment I think their depth is a little overrated. Other countries have good players too.

Plaats reactie