General Football Discussion

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Sir Alex Ferguson

Bericht door Sir Alex Ferguson » vr jul 01, 2005 10:05 pm

Big rumour coming out of Old Trafford is that Ruud Van Nistelroy's knee is completely gone and will prevent any transfer as he could not possibly pass a rigorous medical. Completely unsubstantiated but would explain his loss of form at end of season.Only time will tell.

pizza 5

Bericht door pizza 5 » vr jul 08, 2005 9:31 pm

I havnt been here for a while so been having a look round and catching up.A couple of points I would like to make so we are all clear-

I am Pizza 5 only.Not Sir Alex F****** Ferguson.I know who he is and all I can say is hes a Twat who has never even set foot inside the arena.Somebody told me that his computer details were checked out and his location is in Cambridgeshire in England which is correct.I live in Kent.You couldnt expect a Man.U. fan to live in Manchester could you?

I am not Uncle Fester either.I am the first to admit I look a lot like him but it is not me.

I F****** hate Man.United.

I think Rosales is a complete waste of space.

Ok,hope thats cleared things up for OPH,K,JC and anybody else whos interested.Now lets get back to talking bollocks.
Don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.....

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr jul 08, 2005 11:21 pm

pizza 5 schreef:I think Rosales is a complete waste of space.
We'll have a chat about this one the next time we meet.

K.
Still alive...

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » za jul 09, 2005 2:46 pm

I think Rosales was inconsistent,sometimes consistently inconsistent, but not a total waste of a kit. Zlatan wasn't a world beater from the start .I'm sure there are others down the years who started slow and got better.I'm willing to give Rosales more time ,i.e. another year, before buying him a ticket out.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » za jul 09, 2005 5:41 pm

pizza 5 schreef: I think Rosales is a complete waste of space.
And this is from a guy who has a "Rosales running Down the Wing" theme tune as his ringtone on his mobile phone.
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

ajaxusa
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » do jul 14, 2005 7:17 am

For someone like me, who loves Ajax *and* ice hockey, this article was just... brilliant. Doesn't hurt, either, that I agree with a lot of the arguments made.
Above all, the game also needs coaches and visionaries like soccer's Rinus Michels.
Full story

But I fear the wrath of our Swedish compadres, for the Swedes are taken to task a bit therein. :sad:

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » do jul 14, 2005 1:25 pm

ajaxusa schreef:For someone like me, who loves Ajax *and* ice hockey, this article was just... brilliant. Doesn't hurt, either, that I agree with a lot of the arguments made.
Above all, the game also needs coaches and visionaries like soccer's Rinus Michels.
Full story

But I fear the wrath of our Swedish compadres, for the Swedes are taken to task a bit therein. :sad:
Yeah! They bashed Djurgården Hockey Club in the article and one of their former coaches - Iäm really crying over that ;)
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » do jul 14, 2005 2:18 pm

Aah, who cares about ice hockey... ;)
Has anyone seen the Limecat?

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » vr jul 15, 2005 5:29 am

I care about Ice Hockey. P.s...HUP AJAX!
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » ma jul 18, 2005 4:46 pm

And so do I, last year was a real bum with the lockout, thank god there getting things straight by now. Go Ajax !!!!!!
BRING IT ON !!!!...

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » wo jul 20, 2005 11:03 am

Guus Hiddink is to leave P$V at the end of the week, and become national team coach of the Australian side.

This is good news for Ajaz I think, Hiddink's a crafty old goat - and P$V will be a poorer club without him.

(Typing this without benefit of reading glasses, thus anything is possible).

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » wo jul 20, 2005 3:47 pm

hey, who cares whether hiddink stays or leaves P$V, we dont fear anyone!
On a more important note, I want to buy a ticket for the Ajax vs Feyenoord game on the 28th of August, is it starting at 1pm? How do I purchase the ticket? who do I contact? Can someone help me with more information please?

Marijn

Bericht door Marijn » wo jul 20, 2005 4:48 pm

Hiddink will probably be the next Australia national team coach, true so far. He isn't going to leave PSV for that, though. He's planning to combine the two jobs, probably handing over some training-time to his assistents. His family back at home must be thrilled.
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist."
-The Usual Suspects

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo jul 20, 2005 5:01 pm

@ Ayman: Of course we're not afraid of anyone, but given their power of last season it's always a good thing if p$v fall apart... They've now lost half of their starting line-up (Vogel, Van Bommel, Park, Lee and Ooijer), but the very smart architect of the whole thing was Hiddink, who I really respect. I'm sure PSV won't appreciate it if he wants to continue as a 'part-timer' and a construction like that will sure as hell turn against them if they lose a couple of games. Then the press will start suggesting that Hiddink loses control over the club because he's not always there, etc. Anyway: this will cause unrest - and that's a nice one, even though (obviously) we're not afraid of anyone.

K.
Still alive...

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » wo jul 20, 2005 6:45 pm

Glad to see unrest is exclusive to Ajax.After the last year to 15 months,I wasn't sure.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » wo jul 20, 2005 10:59 pm

Ayman schreef:hey, who cares whether hiddink stays or leaves P$V, we dont fear anyone!
On a more important note, I want to buy a ticket for the Ajax vs Feyenoord game on the 28th of August, is it starting at 1pm? How do I purchase the ticket? who do I contact? Can someone help me with more information please?
Don't even tell me it is starting at 1PM or I kill myself in the second....
meh :|

DanK

Bericht door DanK » do jul 21, 2005 10:45 am

OK. News direct from the land of Oz. Obviously I have an interest in this one...

Hiddink has today stated himself that he will take over the job as Aust coach on a part time basis. ie: keeping his job with PSV. It will formally be announced by Football Australia tomorrow in Sydney.

He will take the team on for some training sessions in the netherlands before our 2 games against the other oceania qualifier (solomn islands - dont laugh), provided we win he will then manage the side for the home and away legs against the 5th best sth american side for the last place in WC 2006.

if we qualify, he will lead Aust to the world cup but its not yet clear what will happen if we don't qualify (highly likely).

Especially given that now Australia will be part of the Asian confederation after the world cup would love to see hiddink stay on for a few years and develop the side against some half decent opposition (no offense to the Kiwis etc).

Even as an Ajax supporter, I must confess to having HUGE respect for Hiddink. This is the best descision Football Australia has ever made. If the team can't qualify with Hiddink at the helm, they just aren't good enough.

I just hope he hangs around regardless.

FYI - His assistant will be current # 2 Graham Arnold who played in the Netherlands for some years with NAC and RODA if I am not mistaken.

DanK

Bericht door DanK » do jul 21, 2005 10:52 am

Oh yeah. forgot to mention. He has also apparently stated that if Aust qualify he will then 're evaluate' his position with PSV.

This is good news on 2 fronts...it means that Aust have qualified for the WC and also means PSV may lose Hiddink. Bonus :xyxthumbs:

Mr. Ajax

Bericht door Mr. Ajax » do jul 21, 2005 11:38 am

Ko, Lee isn't gone yet is he? However, when he does leave, i exepct psv to have a bigger problem concerning the left-back position then AJAX. AJAX have quite a few temporary solutions, while psv have got...Bouma?? Cocu?? AJAX on the other hand have got a few options; Escude, Vermaelen, Emanuelsson, Lindenbergh...
- Je bent net zolang gestoord tot je een genie bent -

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » do jul 21, 2005 6:53 pm

Caught the lowlights of PSV v. Lyon from the Peace Cup in Korea. Lee was still in the side.Robert still looked formidable.Beasley in US on Gold Cup duty with Nat team,but will be a PITA for defenders.I agree, fear noone.But, respect everyone.The " On any given Sunday rule" keeps swimming around my thought processes.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Frans

Bericht door Frans » do jul 21, 2005 9:53 pm

DanK schreef:He will take the team on for some training sessions in the netherlands before our 2 games against the other oceania qualifier (solomn islands - dont laugh),

...few years and develop the side against some half decent opposition (no offense to the Kiwis etc).
Ah yes, The Solomon Islands. Don't even try to say that 2-2 draw in the qualifiers wasn't rigged to knock out NZ. And if the All Whites are so shite, why have they been at 2 confederations cups in the past 10 years, and why did it take a last-ditch goal to beat them in a friendly a couple of months ago?

If Aussie go into Asia, then all of Oceania should. Of little interest to the rest of the board I'm sure, but it'll only widen the gap if Australia leaves.

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » vr jul 22, 2005 11:09 am

Hiddink told the Guardian yesterday that he will stay on at P$V but only until November, and then only as a part-time coach or as an advisor.

After the Aussies qualify for Germany in November, he will move to OZ full-time.

DanK

Bericht door DanK » za jul 23, 2005 7:57 am

Frans schreef:
DanK schreef:He will take the team on for some training sessions in the netherlands before our 2 games against the other oceania qualifier (solomn islands - dont laugh),

...few years and develop the side against some half decent opposition (no offense to the Kiwis etc).
If Aussie go into Asia, then all of Oceania should. Of little interest to the rest of the board I'm sure, but it'll only widen the gap if Australia leaves.
Totally agree with you Frans. How are NZ (or for that matter any of the others left) supposed to improve. It just puts them in the position that Aust face now. 2 important games every 4 years does not make a good team.

What would be ironic though if NZ make the next WC in 2010, by beating the 5th place Sth American side (hey its only 2 games, anything is possible), and then australia finish out of the running in the asian groups.

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » ma aug 01, 2005 4:54 pm

On the Crystal Palace website http://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay ... forumid=32
they are running a poll to find the best European Team of all time> The Ajax 95 version has made it through to the quarter finals and are pitted against Benefica. They are currently 12-2 up and should make it to the semi finals. As this may be our only chance of silverware this season how about signing up and voting for our heros.
BTW the great 1971 to 1973 team lost out in an earlier round to Inter Milan by I think 1 vote - somethings never change - probably a vote in the last second.
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma aug 01, 2005 5:41 pm

Very obvious that mainly young people are voting: the Ajax of 1995 has made more of an impression on them than Ajax 71-73...

I have no idea which team was actually better, but I reckon that the results would have looked slightly different had all voters been of OPH's age.

K.
Still alive...

Plaats reactie