Former Ajax Players

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Manneken Pis

Re: Former Ajax Players

Bericht door Manneken Pis » ma apr 22, 2013 10:58 pm

Tom_ schreef:Seems to be acceptable in the English Premier League as well, as long as you're British! Not that I mean to defend Suárez...
Not going to defend Suarez, what did was wrong and should be punished, but the amount of indignation seems over the top when you compare it to how people react to a potentially career ending tackle ("it's man's game" etc etc).
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » di apr 23, 2013 5:29 am

Manneken Pis schreef:
Tom_ schreef:Seems to be acceptable in the English Premier League as well, as long as you're British! Not that I mean to defend Suárez...
Not going to defend Suarez, what did was wrong and should be punished, but the amount of indignation seems over the top when you compare it to how people react to a potentially career ending tackle ("it's man's game" etc etc).
^^^^
That.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di apr 23, 2013 10:56 am

late over the top tackles are unacceptable and should get 6 match bans at least but biting is something little kids do and not on a football field. Liverpool like all english clubs have no morals and will keep him . Ajax basically had morals and principles and he never wore our shirt again after his biting. I was 100% behind my club in getting rid of him.

zeux

Bericht door zeux » di apr 23, 2013 11:04 am

SPL schreef:late over the top tackles are unacceptable and should get 6 match bans at least but biting is something little kids do and not on a football field. Liverpool like all english clubs have no morals and will keep him . Ajax basically had morals and principles and he never wore our shirt again after his biting. I was 100% behind my club in getting rid of him.
Did they let him go because of the biting or because of the fact that he wanted to go anyway? Was there ever the realistic option he would stay?
"Mensen worden door vraagtekens aan het denken gezet, niet door uitroeptekens." J.L. Heldring

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » di apr 23, 2013 12:01 pm

Zeux schreef:
SPL schreef:late over the top tackles are unacceptable and should get 6 match bans at least but biting is something little kids do and not on a football field. Liverpool like all english clubs have no morals and will keep him . Ajax basically had morals and principles and he never wore our shirt again after his biting. I was 100% behind my club in getting rid of him.
Did they let him go because of the biting or because of the fact that he wanted to go anyway? Was there ever the realistic option he would stay?
i think your right here, if he said he wanted to stay and pledged his future to Ajax there is no way he would have gone. sad but true.

its also the case that Liverpool know, if they say, right see you later he will just go to another prem club the next day and probably punish liveprool.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di apr 23, 2013 12:41 pm

I think he was going to go in the summer of 2011 and surely we would have got more money for him then and he probably would have ended up at a bigger club . The biting and 7 match ban clearly spelled the end for Suarez in Holland so maybe the January transfer period was just convenient as he was able to leave then.Ajax got a decent offer clearly were happy for him to leave then and not in the summer when they would have likely got more money for him .Bakkal has today said it was the end of him in Holland.

Didn't do us any harm though as we won the title.

If an Ajax player bit someone at NAC I would put money on that being his last game for us. Do you really think Cruyff would put up with a biter in our club !! I don't think so .

My lad pointed out that players do not make late over the top tackles on purpose but Suarez chose to bit on purpose.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » di apr 23, 2013 1:16 pm

SPL schreef:I think he was going to go in the summer of 2011 and surely we would have got more money for him then and he probably would have ended up at a bigger club . The biting and 7 match ban clearly spelled the end for Suarez in Holland so maybe the January transfer period was just convenient as he was able to leave then.Ajax got a decent offer clearly were happy for him to leave then and not in the summer when they would have likely got more money for him .Bakkal has today said it was the end of him in Holland.

Didn't do us any harm though as we won the title.
I think Suarez choose to leave Ajax after our terrible 3-0 defeat at FC Utrecht on 23 January 2011. At that moment he thought there was no chance at winning the league title anymore. Rik van den Boog (thank God that idiot is gone forever :biggrin.gif:) keeped trying to talk him out of a transfer, but Suarez was clear in his view. He continued saying he wanted to leave when he knew Liverpool wanted to close the deal.

For our title chances it was a blessing. I enjoyed most of the Ajax games in 2010 with Martin Jol when Marko Pantelic, Siem de Jong and Luis Suarez were involved in our attack. Dennis Rommedahl also had his value. But during the season 2010/2011 the team was depending on Suarez. And seemed helpless during his (too often weeks of) absense due to suspencions.

After Suarez left Ajax the squad became a better balanced team. And won the title. By the way, off the record Suarez confirmed to former teammates and inner circle journalists that he had a very difficult time seeing Ajax celebrating league title number 30 without him. It was extremely terrible for him to miss this big climax. Luis plays in Europe for 7 seasons now and during his career he only won one KNVB Beker and one League Cup. That's not much.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » di apr 23, 2013 1:19 pm

Cruijff schreef:Luis plays in Europe for 7 seasons now and during his career he only won one KNVB Beker and one League Cup. That's not much.
It's clear the guy is much succesfuller with Uruguay / in Uruguay.

With the Primera División title in 2006 and Copa América victory in 2011.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di apr 23, 2013 3:15 pm

Cruijff schreef:
Cruijff schreef:Luis plays in Europe for 7 seasons now and during his career he only won one KNVB Beker and one League Cup. That's not much.
It's clear the guy is much succesfuller with Uruguay / in Uruguay.

With the Primera División title in 2006 and Copa América victory in 2011.
Plus his valiant attempt as a keeper in the 2010 WC match against Ghana!!! :biggrin.gif:
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » di apr 23, 2013 4:21 pm

SPL schreef:I think he was going to go in the summer of 2011 and surely we would have got more money for him then and he probably would have ended up at a bigger club . The biting and 7 match ban clearly spelled the end for Suarez in Holland so maybe the January transfer period was just convenient as he was able to leave then.Ajax got a decent offer clearly were happy for him to leave then and not in the summer when they would have likely got more money for him .Bakkal has today said it was the end of him in Holland.
Didn't do us any harm though as we won the title..
I agree with that.
SPL schreef:My lad pointed out that players do not make late over the top tackles on purpose but Suarez chose to bit on purpose.
I don't agree with that ...
How many times do we need to hear "he's not that kind of player" when a known thug takes someone out in the Premiership?

My point remains however ...biting is socially unacceptable (correctly), breaking a leg is seen as unfortunate in the English game (also unacceptable).

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » di apr 23, 2013 4:57 pm

While Urugayans preffer to bite, Argentinians prefer to kiss:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdHQmPbc ... r_embedded

:smallgrin.gif:

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » wo apr 24, 2013 12:19 pm

anyone else seen today that fulham are hoping to get steks for 6m euro... bargain if you ask me.

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » wo apr 24, 2013 5:53 pm

afcajax73 schreef:anyone else seen today that fulham are hoping to get steks for 6m euro... bargain if you ask me.
Wasn't Fulham van den Sar's escape route from his Italian hell?

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo apr 24, 2013 5:56 pm

But he is first choice keeper at Roma right now and I guess the question is why Roma would want to sell him. I think they didn't pay much more than €6M.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo apr 24, 2013 6:04 pm

Edwin did indeed leave Italy for Fulham and then to glories at Man U.

Jol is getting a few players who are Dutch or played in Holland and will be good to see Steks in the EPL.

Meanwhile Dracula got a 10 match ban and deserves it . He wont play again until October and I quess no one will buy him this summer. Still the English football press will be happy as he is their No 1 hate figure at present.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo apr 28, 2013 7:21 pm

One of my favourite former players still playing is the Hunter and having been out injured for nearly 2 months he returned today and got a hattrick for Schalke against V D Vaart's Hamburg .

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » zo apr 28, 2013 9:43 pm

Jan named in Premier League's Team of the Year!!! Still one of my all time favorites!!
May the Force be with you

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma apr 29, 2013 12:40 am

Me too , Jan is also one of my all time favourites.

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » di mei 07, 2013 12:46 pm

Orange14 schreef:But he is first choice keeper at Roma right now and I guess the question is why Roma would want to sell him. I think they didn't pay much more than €6M.
as far as i knew he isnt first choice anymore, infact quite the opposite. but i could be wrong.

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » di mei 07, 2013 12:48 pm

SPL schreef:One of my favourite former players still playing is the Hunter and having been out injured for nearly 2 months he returned today and got a hattrick for Schalke against V D Vaart's Hamburg .
i can agree with this, my fav players are Huntelaar, vd Vaart, and also for some strange reason i have a soft spot for Davids.

on a bit of a side note, my sister (lives in Malaga) is teaching RvN's kids how to swim haha.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » wo mei 08, 2013 12:02 pm

afcajax73 schreef:
SPL schreef:One of my favourite former players still playing is the Hunter and having been out injured for nearly 2 months he returned today and got a hattrick for Schalke against V D Vaart's Hamburg .
i can agree with this, my fav players are Huntelaar, vd Vaart, and also for some strange reason i have a soft spot for Davids.

on a bit of a side note, my sister (lives in Malaga) is teaching RvN's kids how to swim haha.
I have a huge soft spot for Davids. He's one of my all time favorite Ajacieden. Since 2000, I would have to include O'Brien, Anita (shame he left us too soon), Anastasiou (he was really cool to us on one of the Ajax-USA trips), Gabri, Sneijder and VdV.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » wo mei 08, 2013 12:33 pm

aveslacker schreef:
afcajax73 schreef:

I have a huge soft spot for Davids. He's one of my all time favorite Ajacieden. Since 2000, I would have to include O'Brien, Anita (shame he left us too soon), Anastasiou (he was really cool to us on one of the Ajax-USA trips), Gabri, Sneijder and VdV.
Good list there, i also like heitinga. id love to see him come back.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo mei 08, 2013 2:54 pm

afcajax73 schreef:
Good list there, i also like heitinga. id love to see him come back.
The level of his play has deteriorated substantially and it's quite strange how this has happened in only about 8 months or so. Personally I don't think he's as good right now as Veltman.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo mei 08, 2013 7:23 pm

Heits has gone down hill this season thats for sure.

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » wo mei 08, 2013 9:46 pm

afcajax73 schreef:
SPL schreef:
Missed a trick here. If only she'd lived in Liverpool and been teaching Suarez's kids instead we could have had lots of fun wth teaching them to dive as well :hypocrite.gif: :blush.gif: (I know, I'll get my coat)
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Plaats reactie