Grab Bag Of Random Posts

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

ajaxusa
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Re: Grab Bag Of Random Posts

Bericht door ajaxusa » di sep 20, 2011 7:36 pm

Any Russian speakers in here? If so, please message me via email at jmcgough at gmail dot com. Thanks!
Mark it 8, Dude.

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » di sep 27, 2011 12:06 am

Sad news this. Theyab Awana, the UAE player who's backheeled penalty was a bit of a Youtube sensation in the summer has died in a car crash - he was 21.......

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011 ... r-accident
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

ajaxusa
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » wo okt 05, 2011 4:06 am

Not sure if this is the best topic for this post, but some of you will appreciate this...

On Sunday, Oct 15, Simon Kuper will be appearing at Edinburgh Castle Pub in San Francisco to read from his new book, Soccer Men. I hope to go, and if I do, I'll ask him to sign my copy of Ajax, The Dutch, and The War. :-)
Mark it 8, Dude.

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » wo okt 05, 2011 6:58 am

Just wondering if anyone else has bought stuff from the online club shop recently and what happened. I'm employed again so my first thought was to buy a home shirt with numbers and badges to go with my away one whch I did along with some other stuff a few weeks ago. As it's still not arrived I e-mailed them this week and was told I bought my shirt on "pre=order" due to the free bag they are sending with it and they hope to send it in the 2nd week in November (ie 2 months after I paid for it).

Being a Blackpool fan as well I'm historically fairly used to this level of service (though BFC have massively improved it has to be said) but I do wonder if this is really the way to attract new foreign fans. The excuse is laughable, they're obviously waiting for something to come back in stock but would it really have hurt them to tewll me that without asking or even to despatch the part of the order they do have (I assume there's no shortage of replica home shirts in size large for example...)

Memory tells me btw there might be a dedicated thread for the club shop but no time to find it - sorry Ko ;))

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo okt 05, 2011 10:44 am

I just purchased the technical staff raincoat, and the year book (+ DVD). Received both within less than 2 weeks. Surprise. :hypocrite.gif:
Appie, stay strong !

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo okt 05, 2011 1:21 pm

SE6Ajacied schreef:Just wondering if anyone else has bought stuff from the online club shop recently and what happened. I'm employed again
Congrats on being employed again; that's the most important thing! :blub.gif: I ordered a home shirt back in the summer and it took about 3-4 weeks for it to arrive here in the US. No complaints about service but I also did not get a name and number on the shirt (for fear I would jinx the player into an injury or transfer!)
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » wo okt 05, 2011 7:07 pm

Orange14 schreef:
SE6Ajacied schreef:Just wondering if anyone else has bought stuff from the online club shop recently and what happened. I'm employed again
Congrats on being employed again; that's the most important thing! :blub.gif: I ordered a home shirt back in the summer and it took about 3-4 weeks for it to arrive here in the US. No complaints about service but I also did not get a name and number on the shirt (for fear I would jinx the player into an injury or transfer!)
Cheers, jobs not exactly what I want to do or paying very well but you're right, it's good to be working again. I have a pretty good method for choosing a player who won't be sold - go for someone new which got me Janssen (surprise choice - changed my mind chatting to the guy in the shop who printed it for me) and Sigthorsson (that I'm waiting for now). Historically also Ronsenburg and Oleguer though :blush.gif: . Stuff I've ordered before (The yearbook/DVD for example) has always arrived pretty quickly which is why I'm a bit disappointed this time around - perhaps my name is on their system and they have me in the "long time supporter" (mug :biggrin.gif: ) category so haven't bothered to try so hard this time.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo okt 05, 2011 7:12 pm

Good to hear you have a job again SE . I was thinking about ordering the year book and DVD so good to hear of all your experiences online.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Re: The Helmond Cup

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo nov 13, 2011 5:32 pm

I didn't update the Helmond Cup thread last weekend, as my mother sadly passed away. She was only 59. I am very sad. The funeral was yesterday. It marked the end of a very difficult, intensely sad and also very hectic week (loads of arrangements to be made). I am still sad, of course, but not 24/7. I feel like doing normal things again. Ordinary things I always do... like updating the Helmond Cup thread, so here we go.

The last update was 31 October, when Celta de Vigo B won the Helmond Cup by beating Getafe B.

They kept it for one game (2-2 against Montañeros, last week) but lost it again today, to Real Madrid B, who are tops in Group I of the Segunda B at the moment with 27 points out of 13 matches.

Runners-up are Lugo, who also have 27 points, but two games in hand (only 11 played). They play later today and can leapfrog Real B. Next week it's... Real Madrid B vs Lugo!

2011-2012

21/08/11: Getafe CF B - Albacete Balompié 1-2 :bertje.gif:
28/08/11: Albacete Balompié - Montañeros CF: 4-2
04/09/11: Real Madrid CF B - Albacete Balompié: 1-1
07/09/11: Albacete Balompié - Real Jaén CF: 1-0
11/09/11: Albacete Balompié - CD Tenerife: 1-2
18/09/11: CD Tenerife - Coruxo CF: 1-0
25/09/11: Getafe CF B - CD Tenerife: 1-0
02/10/11: Rayo Vallecano de Madrid B - Getafe CF B: 1-3
09/10/11: Getafe CF B - UD San Sebastián de los Reyes: 3-2
16/10/11: CD Leganés - Getafe CF B: 0-0
23/10/11: Getafe CF B - CD Toledo: 1-1
30/10/11: RC Celta de Vigo B - Getafe CF B: 3-0
06/11/11: Montañeros CF - RC Celta de Vigo B: 2-2
13/11/11: RC Celta de Vigo B - Real Madrid CF B: 0-2
20/11/11: Real Madrid CF B - CD Lugo

K.
Still alive...

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo nov 13, 2011 5:54 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:I didn't update the Helmond Cup thread last weekend, as my mother sadly passed away. She was only 59. I am very sad. The funeral was yesterday. It marked the end of a very difficult, intensely sad and also very hectic week (loads of arrangements to be made). I am still sad, of course, but not 24/7. I feel like doing normal things again. Ordinary things I always do... like updating the Helmond Cup thread, so here we go.
Deepest sympathies to you and hope that you can always remember the good things that she brought to life.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » zo nov 13, 2011 7:30 pm

My deepest condolences Ko
O tempora o mores

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo nov 13, 2011 8:28 pm

Menno ,so sorry to hear of your sad loss.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » zo nov 13, 2011 10:18 pm

Menno, My heartfelt condolences go out to you and your family . I'm very sorry to hear of your loss.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Site Admin
Contacteer:

Bericht door 666 » zo nov 13, 2011 11:04 pm

Sorry to hear about your mother, Menno. I hope she had 59 great years.
Sign your name on
the dotted line:

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » zo nov 13, 2011 11:50 pm

Very sad news Menno - my condolances at this time.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » ma nov 14, 2011 3:11 pm

God Bless you and your mother Menno (f)

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma nov 14, 2011 5:06 pm

Sorry for your loss, Menno. My thoughts are with you.
Appie, stay strong !

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » ma nov 14, 2011 5:10 pm

Sorry to hear of your mother's passing. My condolences for your loss.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » ma nov 14, 2011 7:51 pm

Menno, my condolences go to you and your family . Very sorry to hear of your loss.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma nov 28, 2011 4:43 am

Thank you all...

Sad times, as you can imagine. But I can deal with it, even though I miss her (and will always miss her) enormously.

Life is still great; it really is.

Thanks again.

K.
Still alive...

ajaxusa
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » zo dec 11, 2011 7:20 pm

I think you lot will be amused... Yesterday, I played in a charity soccer tournament, organized by none other than Mr. John O'Brien. It was at Santa Monica College, and it was a total blast. My team was called "O'Brien's Second Cousins," and we played in a bunch of home shirts supplied by John and myself. And we were really good, mostly owing to the fact that two of the women on our team are former professionals from the WPS. We lost in the finals. Indulge my pride when I say that I scored two goals, including one to tie a game at the death, to help us get into the play-offs. I know, only a douchebag brags about scoring goals in such an event. But it was a great feeling, and I was wearing an actual O'Brien Champions League shirt, and I kissed the Ajax crest, like a real superstar. :-)

Photos on Flickr

The event was to raise money for Soccer Without Borders, a charity with which John is heavily involved.
Mark it 8, Dude.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo dec 11, 2011 8:33 pm

ajaxusa schreef: Indulge my pride when I say that I scored two goals, including one to tie a game at the death, to help us get into the play-offs. I know, only a douchebag brags about scoring goals in such an event.
I think there is a plane ticket to Amsterdam and a red & white kit set for you waiting your landing. You are now penciled in as the starting striker next week against ADO!!! May the force be with you. :smile-ajax.gif:

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » do jan 05, 2012 10:04 pm

Not seen this before - When Saturday Comes magazine website have a feature on goalscoring goalkeepers including a tremendous Stanley Menzo one.

It's here http://www.wsc.co.uk/. There's no individual thread link but at the moment it's the second post down on their homepage.

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » za jan 07, 2012 5:15 pm

I'm watching Fleetwood Town v Blackpool on Fox Soccer Plus (on the internet) - just wondered if anyone else is.....

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do jan 12, 2012 3:04 pm

One of the most ridiculous club ranking ever : PSG world number 14, Twente 19 and Ajax number 43...
http://www.iffhs.de/?10f42e00fa2d17f737 ... 6f28f53512
Appie, stay strong !

Plaats reactie