Ajax Coaches

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Re: Ajax Coaches

Bericht door afcajax73 » vr mei 13, 2016 7:56 am

Orange14 schreef:As expected Everton sacked Martinez. Ponchettino extended his Spurs contract so he's not going to ManU if van Gaal is sacked. The big question is whether Everton wants to take a flyer on FdB or go after an English manager. I think this is the only EPL job that will be within FdB's grasp.
the more it goes on, the more I think Everton will go for Benitez or Koeman!

I think for us, maybe we're looking at Stam? Bosz? Ron Jans?? maybe an outside shout for Seedorf..

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr mei 13, 2016 11:09 am

If Koeman goes to Everton ,and the Daily Mail makes him favourite, Southampton may come for Frank.

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » vr mei 13, 2016 11:38 am

Why would Koeman go to Everton? He's got a good thing going at Southhampton. Is Everton really a step up?

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » vr mei 13, 2016 1:22 pm

rjf1 schreef:Why would Koeman go to Everton? He's got a good thing going at Southhampton. Is Everton really a step up?
i would say so... slightly... more cash and probably pulling power

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr mei 13, 2016 1:30 pm

I agree that despite being the second in the city club to Liverpool they are a bigger club than Southampton. They have more resources and are not forced to sell players as quickly as Southampton. The only clubs that have been mentioned by Ronald de Boer are Valencia and Everton. FdB likes Spain and I think if the Everton thing falls through he will go to Valencia if that is offered otherwise I think he will sit out the year and wait for something else.

Of course I could be wrong!

EDIT: FdB is 1-3 odds on favorite for the Everton job. Look here: http://www.espnfc.us/club/everton/368/b ... rtinez-era and at the video. Hislop says FdB should hold out for a bigger job, maybe ManU. these guys on the panel have totally lost it!!!
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » vr mei 13, 2016 1:54 pm

We don't want a feyenoorder nobody !
Appie, stay strong !

Sandro

Bericht door Sandro » vr mei 13, 2016 4:38 pm

afcajax73 schreef:
rjf1 schreef:Why would Koeman go to Everton? He's got a good thing going at Southhampton. Is Everton really a step up?
i would say so... slightly... more cash and probably pulling power
True, but indeed only slightly. I would be a little bit surprised if he is interested.
"Hate it or love it, the underdog's on top".

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr mei 13, 2016 6:32 pm

Koeman is not interested in Everton. More importantly Rijkaard's agent indicates he is not interested in coming back.

Bosz,v d Brom ,Stam and Olsen are the main 4 listed.

Sandro

Bericht door Sandro » vr mei 13, 2016 6:42 pm

SPL schreef:Koeman is not interested in Everton. More importantly Rijkaard's agent indicates he is not interested in coming back.

Bosz,v d Brom ,Stam and Olsen are the main 4 listed.
Olsen? Nah...I think It's Bosz or Stam. If these are the only two possible choices then I would choose Bosz. But still not happy. Words are that he let Vitesse play attractively but that wasn't always the case.In 2014 it was crap. And what about Maccabi? After six months, his last five matches have ended in three 0-0's(!), a 1-1 and ok, a 3-2. Doesn't sound like attractive football at all.

I prefer a foreign coach who would bring some fresh blood and a new look on things.Martinez, for example. It will not happen though.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr mei 13, 2016 8:30 pm

Sandro_Calaaabro schreef:
Olsen? Nah...I think It's Bosz or Stam. If these are the only two possible choices then I would choose Bosz. But still not happy. Words are that he let Vitesse play attractively but that wasn't always the case.In 2014 it was crap. And what about Maccabi? After six months, his last five matches have ended in three 0-0's(!), a 1-1 and ok, a 3-2. Doesn't sound like attractive football at all.

I prefer a foreign coach who would bring some fresh blood and a new look on things.Martinez, for example. It will not happen though.
Are you referring to Roberto Martinez, late of Everton?? He had one good year with Everton and then lost control of the squad. He's a nice guy but I'm not sure that he's an effective manager.

Why is everyone getting all hot for Jaap Stam? When the youth team was playing in the junior CL, Jonk was managing. I know he left on bad terms but IMO he is the one person who can turn things around and has an Ajax pedigree. I'm not keen on Bosz as he was nothing special at Vitesse. I would prefer a guy like ten Haag, at least he knows how to beat Ajax
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr mei 13, 2016 8:36 pm

I see Bosz played 5 years for Fword and was a coach for 3 years.I cannot see the supporters accepting him !

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr mei 13, 2016 9:45 pm

SPL schreef:I see Bosz played 5 years for Fword and was a coach for 3 years.I cannot see the supporters accepting him !
I think they have already voiced their opposition!!!! :smallgrin.gif:

Sandro

Bericht door Sandro » za mei 14, 2016 6:54 am

Orange14 schreef:
Sandro_Calaaabro schreef:

Are you referring to Roberto Martinez, late of Everton?? He had one good year with Everton and then lost control of the squad. He's a nice guy but I'm not sure that he's an effective manager.

I would prefer a guy like ten Haag, at least he knows how to beat Ajax
Yes, I referred to Roberto Martinez. I know he is a risk but he let Everton play attractively.And for me it's a big bonus that he is a foreigner. I don't see better alternatives.

Since we are talking about Ten Hag on AT Utrecht has collapsed completely. Four losses in a row after the Ajax match :smallgrin.gif: And maybe seemingly futile but he has the wrong Dutch accent. The kind of accent that people with the Amsterdam accent laugh about.

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » wo mei 18, 2016 7:59 am

looks like Bosz...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo mei 18, 2016 3:17 pm

Reports say we are paying 500,000 euros for Bosz. From what I read he seems a coach who likes to attack.Ok he may have a Feyenoord background but most Ajax fans seemed to have forgetten J C finished his playing career there.

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » za mei 21, 2016 3:03 pm

:ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif:

One question that does not seem to have been answered is, "what's happened to our Assistant Manager?".....normally, in football, they are at least involved in the talk about a new Coach!

Any ideas??

:confused.gif: :confused.gif: :confused.gif:
34 will always be with us

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za mei 21, 2016 6:31 pm

SaddlerIan schreef:
One question that does not seem to have been answered is, "what's happened to our Assistant Manager?".....normally, in football, they are at least involved in the talk about a new Coach!
The whole group of them including Bergkamp need to go. (Does anyone know what Bergkamp does other than look stone faced during matches?) They are below useless and favor the same U-Turn football that de Boer brought to the team. We may have laughed at Martin Jol six years ago but in his full year at Ajax the team scored loads of goals, finished one point out of first, and had more points than any team of de Boer!

If one goes back to the end of van Gaal's last year as manager and looks at all the subsequent managers after him, only Koeman and de Boer lasted longer than 18 months!!! Ajax need to make the right decision this go around but this current Board can't do much of anything right.

Sandro

Bericht door Sandro » za mei 21, 2016 6:48 pm

SPL schreef:Reports say we are paying 500,000 euros for Bosz. From what I read he seems a coach who likes to attack.Ok he may have a Feyenoord background but most Ajax fans seemed to have forgetten J C finished his playing career there.
Not forgotten, but that doesn't mean that the perfect background is a Feyenoord background.

I notice there are a lot of Ajax fans who want to see Ajax play attractive football, but also want Ajax to be a champion again immediately. All fair, but that means Bosz has a huge task. There won't be any time to build a team. And when things don't go as they should go, you will see that people will talk about his Feyenoord background. It also seems he thinks that he has invented football. All ok when things go right, but I doubt he will get a lot of credit when things go wrong, especially in combination with his Feyenoord background.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo mei 22, 2016 11:29 am

The Daily Mail says Everton want Overmars as Director of football, assume to work with Frank if he becomes coach.

Most Ajax fans will rejoice, apart from Milik, his signings have been poor.OK he is now putting kids on contracts again but so what all big clubs give their best kids contracts.Nobody lets their best 16 year olds walk out like he did.

Van Gaal can then come back into his job.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » ma mei 23, 2016 11:14 am

What do football commentators say about Bosz? What's his style like? Good motivator? Good tactician?

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » di mei 24, 2016 10:26 pm

Seems like it's official that Bosz is the new manager.

I just hope for some entertaining football. We could be in for a bumpy ride, but I'm happy to finish 4th if we don't have to watch that "hang on to the ball at all costs" rubbish from the last few years!!!

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » wo mei 25, 2016 5:56 am

Who will be his assistant manager?

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » wo mei 25, 2016 8:38 am

How were they able to come up with this guy out of the blue so quickly? Makes you think that they knew Frank was going for quite a while before it was made official, and they were lining possible replacements up without letting on during that time, possibly considering and eliminating other potential candidates. Would be interesting to see a list of those who were under consideration (in addition to the few that were mentioned near the end).

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo mei 25, 2016 11:47 am

Sounds like Bosz believes in Cruijff's style of attacking football.Maybe it will be entertaining watching Ajax again.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » wo mei 25, 2016 4:00 pm

rjf1 schreef:How were they able to come up with this guy out of the blue so quickly? Makes you think that they knew Frank was going for quite a while before it was made official, and they were lining possible replacements up without letting on during that time, possibly considering and eliminating other potential candidates. Would be interesting to see a list of those who were under consideration (in addition to the few that were mentioned near the end).
Am I the only one who thinks that the move from Vitesse to Israel to Ajax was planned? We have had issues in the past with Vitesse letting go of players to us. So maybe management knew that De Boer was leaving at the end of this year and put this plan in place?

Also, I am slightly excited with having Bosz at Ajax. Lets see how the play and results follow. If the play improves a lot (and De Boer has set a very low bar), I will be ok with us ending 3rd or 4th this year.

Plaats reactie