Kenneth Perez

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za aug 09, 2008 2:14 pm

I should agree that as much as I want to see kids as the way forward we do need experience. I made a comment on last nights match which shows that
apart from last nights starting line all the rest of the squad are young and mostly inexperienced.We do need to keep some of the players Blind 3 states.

I too wonder when we have some injuries about the strength of the squad.

In midfield we have Gabri Lindgren and Urby but then its Aissati,De Jong,
Donald, Sarpong,VdHeijden all 20 and under .Anita is a midfielder as well and he is the youngest of the lot.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za aug 09, 2008 2:30 pm

Perez is 34 I think and he may have some games left. The problem is that he is trouble with a big 'T' if he isn't starting or seeing significant playing time. I think Marco believes he can win the Eredivisie with this team and probably do well in the UEFA Cup as well. He and Blind will look to address any deficiencies but the key right now is to have harmony on the team. Won't happen with Perez.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » za aug 09, 2008 2:56 pm

If not Perez, then Leo and Rommedahl should definitely stay. Admittedly, I'm not around the club on a day to day basis, but I don't hear either of the latter two sounding off. I also like Leo's creativity and the heart and hard work ethic he has shown in getting back to Ajax 1 playing shape. Rommedahl has something which can't be taught...pace.

I'll amend my "should stay" comment to say they should stay unless Ajax finds something better before 31 August.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » za aug 09, 2008 4:11 pm

Orange14 schreef: He and Blind will look to address any deficiencies but the key right now is to have harmony on the team.
Think you have hit the hammer on the head with this statement - at this moment in time what Ajax need is harmony and if this means this being created by having a few inexperienced players in the squad rather than so-called more experienced players then so be it.

It is a difficult enough time at the club with the new management set-up and also the lack of success over the last few seasons without overblown egos creating trouble.

At the end of the day MvB is the boss of Ajax not Kenneth Perez, Johan Cruijff or whoever else. If Marco delivers us the Eredivisie title at the end of this season then I for one will be a happy enough man especially after having to watch some of the dross that has paraded around in Ajax jerseys over the last few years.
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

bryan

Bericht door bryan » za aug 09, 2008 5:40 pm

Think you have hit the hammer on the head with this statement - at this moment in time what Ajax need is harmony and if this means this being created by having a few inexperienced players in the squad rather than so-called more experienced players then so be it.
I don't see how stirring up a massive shitstorm lends to creating harmony, but then that's just me.

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » za aug 09, 2008 7:14 pm

bryan schreef:
I don't see how stirring up a massive shitstorm lends to creating harmony, but then that's just me.
Van Basten was always one for symbolism, remember when he gave the 35 year old from AZ (sorry name escapes me right now) his first international cap against Andorra to show "anybody can play for Holland if their current for is good enough"? Or how he had very public spats with the likes of Seedorf, Van Bommel and Van Nistelrooy? This is his management style whether you like it or not ... "the team is what counts not, the individual" and a few public shamings are part of the modus operandi.
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » za aug 09, 2008 8:12 pm

Manneken Pis schreef: the 35 year old from AZ (sorry name escapes me right now)
Barry van Galen
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » za aug 09, 2008 8:40 pm

bryan schreef:
Do any of us really know what is happening at the club - we have Perez's side of things and we have the clubs - does anybody bar the parties involved know the full truth.

And do we know what the other players feeling are in this affair, maybe they are glad to see the back of Perez too - nobody knows.

Perez is not entirely innocent in this whole affair - remember he was the one moaning when the squad numbers were handed out. Maybe MvB felt that this together with viewing him at training he was not bringing any harmony to the squad and decided just to ditch him. Who knows - do you because I certainly dont. Its all specualtion

After all this is not the first time in his Ajax career that there has been accusations levelled in Perez's direction that he was a negative influence within the dressing room - although these rumours have always been denied they must have been started by someone, usually someone at the club.

At the end of the day as I said earlier the success of AFCA to me is far important than just one person.
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » za aug 09, 2008 8:45 pm

I don't understand the fuzz about Perez. He is 30 years old, never played on a higher level than Ajax/psv. He is no ex-superstar. He became a good player in his last years, being rewarded with a transfer to Ajax.

And now he has to face the truth: he is over the hill. Simple as that,

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo aug 10, 2008 11:41 am

He is evidently in talks with Vittesse so we may see him going soon.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo aug 10, 2008 1:03 pm

GangstaRiB schreef:I don't understand the fuzz about Perez. He is 30 years old, never played on a higher level than Ajax/psv. He is no ex-superstar. He became a good player in his last years, being rewarded with a transfer to Ajax.

And now he has to face the truth: he is over the hill. Simple as that.
I 100% agree.

Uri Coronel, Danny Blind, Henri van der Aat and Marco van Basten are working on a new Ajax. They're not doing it in a tactical way; they're doing it in a merciless way. For many years Ajax coaches have pained a new layer of paint on the same old canvas. This summer, we've thrown the old canvas away and put up a new one, even though a new, white canvas is expensive.

For the first time in umpteen years the club is really starting from scratch - and I love everything about it, and that includes Marco van Basten's statement ('cos that's what it is!) of ditching pretty much all of Martin van Geel's bad buys, no matter how much it costs.

Kenneth Perez was unfortunate in his first year, because Henk ten Cate hated him. Then he moved to PSV. Then we bought him back - and he's been totally, utterly crap last season. Absolutely, totally useless. He was so poor that I sometimes thought he was taking the piss.

He really has nothing to demand and Marco van Basten has decided that he doesn't want Perez around anymore. That's painful, but it's also Marco van Basten's right as a head-coach. He's been open about it from the very first moment: he demanded the freedom to drop players and to buy new ones. As many as he thought would be necessary. He wanted Ajax to seriously invest in a new start and a new future.

The summer of 2008 was the summer of revolution at the ArenA. Finally. Let the man do the job the way he thinks it should be done, and with the squad he wants.

K.
Still alive...

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo aug 10, 2008 6:46 pm

Perez may end up with Vitesse. There is a report that he is up their training with them but does not have a contract at this time.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma aug 11, 2008 11:26 am

I believe to day it states his move to Vitesse is denied

bryan

Bericht door bryan » wo aug 13, 2008 6:16 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:
GangstaRiB schreef:I don't understand the fuzz about Perez. He is 30 years old, never played on a higher level than Ajax/psv. He is no ex-superstar. He became a good player in his last years, being rewarded with a transfer to Ajax.

And now he has to face the truth: he is over the hill. Simple as that.
I 100% agree.

Uri Coronel, Danny Blind, Henri van der Aat and Marco van Basten are working on a new Ajax. They're not doing it in a tactical way; they're doing it in a merciless way. For many years Ajax coaches have pained a new layer of paint on the same old canvas. This summer, we've thrown the old canvas away and put up a new one, even though a new, white canvas is expensive.

For the first time in umpteen years the club is really starting from scratch - and I love everything about it, and that includes Marco van Basten's statement ('cos that's what it is!) of ditching pretty much all of Martin van Geel's bad buys, no matter how much it costs.

Kenneth Perez was unfortunate in his first year, because Henk ten Cate hated him. Then he moved to PSV. Then we bought him back - and he's been totally, utterly crap last season. Absolutely, totally useless. He was so poor that I sometimes thought he was taking the piss.

He really has nothing to demand and Marco van Basten has decided that he doesn't want Perez around anymore. That's painful, but it's also Marco van Basten's right as a head-coach. He's been open about it from the very first moment: he demanded the freedom to drop players and to buy new ones. As many as he thought would be necessary. He wanted Ajax to seriously invest in a new start and a new future.

The summer of 2008 was the summer of revolution at the ArenA. Finally. Let the man do the job the way he thinks it should be done, and with the squad he wants.

K.
I can't agree with you I'm afraid.

Wouters, Adriaanse, Blind and Koeman were all allowed to stamp their authority on the squad and begin with a "clean slate" cleaning out the squad (causing much agitation) before rebuilding. Constantly tearing down and rebuilding doesn't work, I think that has been clearly demonstrated over the past decade.

I can't remember PSV, on the other hand, ever having a massive, antagonising cleanout. They slowly tweak with their squad, building more slowly and consistently. This has reaped results on the pitch and in their balance books as well.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo aug 13, 2008 8:19 pm

bryan schreef:I can't remember PSV, on the other hand, ever having a massive, antagonising cleanout.
No, because no-one ever caused such a mess over there as some of Ajax's coaches after 1997... Ajax has become a club of extremes. That cycle must be broken - I definitely agree on that.

I just think we shouldn't make the 'Perez affair' bigger than it really is. Van Basten bought a few players and worked with a squad of 32 so far. Towards the start of the season he wanted to reduce the number of players in his squad to 24. Eight players had to drop out - and Kenneth Perez happens to be one of them. Why would he be more important than the other seven?

Van Basten didn't slag Perez off, he didn't insult him, he didn't say Perez is a shit player... All that happened is that Kenneth Perez was in the initial squad of 32, but not in the definitive squad of 24. Nothing more, nothing less.

The grass always seems greener, etc. Be aware of that effect: Ajax fans always say, with envy, that things always seem to go so smoothly at PSV, whereas there's always a lot of shit going on at Ajax? Of course there is some truth in that, but is the 'Perez affair' we're having right now really any 'dirtier', or more disrespectful, or more amateurish than this summer's soap opera in Eindhoven, starring Jan Reker on one side and Gomes and Aissati on the other...?

Van Basten dropped eight players - and it wasn't that much of an earthquake, or am I missing something?

K.
Still alive...

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » ma aug 25, 2008 9:51 pm

And Perez lost...

Next episode soon I guess.
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo aug 27, 2008 11:42 am

Cedric_AeF schreef:And Perez lost...

Next episode soon I guess.
He went back in training with Young Ajax. All quiet on the Amsterdam front so far...

K.
Still alive...

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » do aug 28, 2008 3:01 pm

Last episode : the end...

http://english.ajax.nl/web/show/id=1548 ... ntid=67220

Thank you, and good luck.
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do aug 28, 2008 3:10 pm

Yep. Contract dissolved.

Fair enough. The bloke is the same age as me (33, which is seriously fucking old), so clubs would not have paid much of a fee for him anyway. This is the best solution for everybody involved, I guess.

It's a shame it had to end this way. I was raving when Ajax first landed Perez from AZ. I thought he did really well in his first season, I was morally on his side in his conflict with HtC, I hated it when he joined PSV and I loved it when he came back.

But I also have to admit that his second period at Ajax was a bitter disappointment. I thought he performed very, very poorly last season. He was one of the most disappointing players, in my book (Urby Emanuelson was another one).

Therefore, I could understand Marco van Basten's decision. Van Basten gave Perez a chance in pre-season, but wasn't convinced and decided to drop the player from the A-squad. That can happen when there's a new captain on the ship. Not a scandal, not a disgrace; it can happen. Van Basten had every right to pick the squad of 24 he wants to work with, and I still don't see what was so disrespectful about the way he dropped Perez (he didn't slag him off in any way).

This must have been painful and frustrating for Kenneth, but that's how it goes: life can be painful and frustrating - even if it's not necessarily someone's fault. This was a typical case of 'shit happens'.

Anyway - I did enjoy watching Perez play in an Ajax jersey, especially (or in fact: exclusively...) in his first season as an Ajacied. Good luck, Kenneth.

K.
Still alive...

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » do aug 28, 2008 3:15 pm

Well we've finally offloaded one of the surplus players from this years squad. How many more to go?

And by contract dissolution, does that mean Ajax just bought out the remainder?
AFCA

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do aug 28, 2008 3:17 pm

gordonvandekamp schreef:And by contract dissolution, does that mean Ajax just bought out the remainder?
I don't think that's what happened in this case. In this particular case I think the two parties simply agreed to tear up the contract, shake hands and let each other go.

K.
Still alive...

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » do aug 28, 2008 3:42 pm

Kowalczyk schreef: I don't think that's what happened in this case. In this particular case I think the two parties simply agreed to tear up the contract, shake hands and let each other go.
K.
Well in that case, it sounds best for both parties, I guess he really didn't want to be stuck in the reserves all season. At this point it also doesn't sound like Perez will be going to one of our rivals so that we can get burned later in the season.
AFCA

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » do aug 28, 2008 5:21 pm

I just hope he doesn't end up returning to haunt us, resigning for AZ or going to F-word, who've been beset with injuries.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do aug 28, 2008 6:53 pm

Ajax have done the right thing especially as we have not had to pay off his contract.

Now they can do the same thing with Leonardo, Krohn Dehli, Delorge and Mitea.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » do aug 28, 2008 8:06 pm

Best of luck to Kenneth Perez. A bit of a tragic figure; I've long felt that things turned bad for him when he referred to the linesman as a kankerneger. For whatever reason, it's a shame that HtC didn't rate him and that he never reached his old form when he came back.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Gesloten